PDA

View Full Version : World Cup 2010

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

cap
04-12-2010, 06:09 PM
I'm considering putting serious money on Brazil winning the tournament again. and i mean serious money.

Off course i would rather see Italy take it again, but i dont see that happening.. doesnt matter i had the best day of my life already 4 years ago when they won!!

Argentina has Messi the miracle man but i dont think they'll take it.

England and Spain have strong sides this year as well...

Imma go with Brazil, no european country has ever won the world cup outside of europe. i dont see that changing this time.

check two
04-13-2010, 11:05 AM
The european football thread in here gets a lot of action.

cap
04-13-2010, 11:28 AM
The european football thread in here gets a lot of action.

1. the world cup also has non european teams.

2. the world cup is the biggest event in the world, it deserves its own thread.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-13-2010, 11:35 AM
*except in the United States

HANZO
04-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Brazil look good to win, their only weakness is that Dunga is a shite manager. Argentina have Messi, and Messi performs on the big stage all the time.

Id still go with Brazil just because its a team with no real weakness on the pitch.

out of the Euro team really all the big guns got a chance Spain, England, Germany and Holland are probably the favourites from there.

you might see an African team make a run but none of them seem to be good enough to challenge the euro teams. Egypt is the only African team that have the organisation to challenge a Euro team and they didnt qualify.

Brazil is a solid bet, out of the European teams id put money on Germany cause they always do well in tournaments and they got a really talented team now.

cap
04-13-2010, 11:53 AM
Messi performs on the big stage all the time.

nah, messi is the best player in the world today but he has yet to prove himself with the national squad. and i hope he doesnt this time.

its funny i re-read the entire world cup 2006 thread. its like re-living the entire tournament.

HANZO
04-14-2010, 05:33 PM
for the national squad yeah, but his only been in 1 world cup. internationally so far you can only rate Messi in the last copa america. argentina were dope but got fucked by brazil in the final.

i think the same will happen again at the world cup, Argentina will play the best football but choke.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-14-2010, 05:51 PM
i think lichtenstein is going to really prove somethingthis year.

HANZO
04-14-2010, 05:56 PM
Nicky dude jus let it go.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-14-2010, 06:13 PM
they got alot of money, they can buy whoever they want. Like the Yankees do.

Jutzu-Lo-Killer
04-14-2010, 06:18 PM
world cup will win SPAINNNN

cap
04-14-2010, 06:28 PM
world cup will win SPAINNNN

they have a serious shot this time, i hope they dont win though.

Jutzu-Lo-Killer
04-14-2010, 06:37 PM
u know spain will win

its sure

we got the best team of the history

be carefull wit argentia

cap
04-14-2010, 06:40 PM
u know spain will win

its sure

we got the best team of the history

be carefull wit argentia

in spanish history maybe.

Jutzu-Lo-Killer
04-14-2010, 06:50 PM
wtf wtf
wtf

LOL

ES SSSSSS UN JARDIN DE MAGICOOOO BRILLLLOO

p-rok73
04-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Cameroon.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-14-2010, 07:32 PM
without knowing anyting I'm going to go with Brazil.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-14-2010, 07:34 PM
i'll bet any of you soccer queers a sig for a week that Brazil advances farther than the team you chose.

Come on, lets see who has the guts to risk sporting a sig of my choice for a week.

Plus it will give me a reason to watch soccer.

cap
04-14-2010, 07:52 PM
i'll bet any of you soccer queers a sig for a week that Brazil advances farther than the team you chose.

Come on, lets see who has the guts to risk sporting a sig of my choice for a week.

Plus it will give me a reason to watch soccer.

i already said in the first post that i was gonna put money on brazil. im gonna put 100€ on them and hopefully pull out 600€...

RALPH WIGGUM
04-18-2010, 08:39 AM
I hope France, Portugal and Italy lose.
Id like for african teams, especially Cameroon and the Ivory Coast, and Australia to do better than the usual, cause they usually get fucked by the refs.
I don't give a fuck about Brazil, and I want England to win the cup.
But in all honesty I think Spain deserves to win it the most.

MaskedAvenger
04-18-2010, 09:44 AM
Anyone but England.

cap
04-18-2010, 12:40 PM
I hope France, Portugal and Italy lose.
Id like for african teams, especially Cameroon and the Ivory Coast, and Australia to do better than the usual, cause they usually get fucked by the refs.
I don't give a fuck about Brazil, and I want England to win the cup.
But in all honesty I think Spain deserves to win it the most.

you're from france and you dont want france to win??
werent you a big france supporter last world cup?? (i reread the entire 2006 thread lol)

RALPH WIGGUM
04-18-2010, 01:47 PM
lol no I wasnt even posting here in 2006, I never really supported France in football, cause I don"t think we got great players anymore, well since zidane left. Some are good, but they got a fucked up mentality. The Henry handball was fucked up, and I can't respect dudes like that.French football is ruled by Platini type fags.
However I did wish gfor them to win the last world cup, but thats just cause they ended up in final and I can't stand Italy lol
The only way I'd support france would be if they took back cantona lol

Olive Oil Goombah
04-18-2010, 02:01 PM
LOL...he is rooting for the African teams because he desperately wishes he was black.

RALPH WIGGUM
04-18-2010, 02:04 PM
ha ha yeah right

Clan Destine
04-30-2010, 03:59 PM
Vamo, Vamo Argentina!

Seriously I hope Argentia wins, just so that tubby cokehead Maradonna can rub into all his critics faces by doing a line off the cup.

Messi is pretty good too, but I doubt any casual fan knows anybody else on the national team, maybe Tevez.

Really I think there isn't a clear favourite this year. Sure everybody says Brazil but they are a favourite every year and you never have any idea if all their talent is going to come together.

Dirty Knowledge
05-04-2010, 09:16 PM
Fuck a cup, I'm big, I needa bowl

Tito_Para Enfrente
05-06-2010, 08:12 PM
i m rooting for Mexico .. of course. i think a hard ass team will win though . Brazil, england , you know .

Jutzu-Lo-Killer
05-07-2010, 03:32 PM
Vamo, Vamo Argentina!

Seriously I hope Argentia wins, just so that tubby cokehead Maradonna can rub into all his critics faces by doing a line off the cup.

Messi is pretty good too, but I doubt any casual fan knows anybody else on the national team, maybe Tevez.

Really I think there isn't a clear favourite this year. Sure everybody says Brazil but they are a favourite every year and you never have any idea if all their talent is going to come together.

hahah
fuck argentina

like i said spain will win and thats all

cap
05-14-2010, 06:15 AM
part 1
ero6DSNO9I0

part 2 lol
CnufTdqgTws

P93-mCpdktk

im putting money on brazil. and a small amount on spain. cant f'in wait!!

MaskedAvenger
05-14-2010, 07:03 AM
This one is tricky to call, not because there are so many great teams but because the lack of great teams, Italy, France, Argentina, Brazil, etc are all worse than they were in past World Cups. Argentina have the quality but Maradona is a joke of a coach, no Cambiasso or Zanetti? Please!

cap
05-14-2010, 07:05 AM
This one is tricky to call, not because there are so many great teams but because the lack of great teams, Italy, France, Argentina, Brazil, etc are all worse than they were in past World Cups. Argentina have the quality but Maradona is a joke of a coach, no Cambiasso or Zanetti? Please!

true!!

i cant believe dunga left out ronaldinho and adriano, cmon man!! ronaldinho didnt have a fantastic year but he still can be important for any side...

cap
06-11-2010, 03:43 AM
Ok so its finally here!! i cant wait for kickoff.

i took some chances and put some money on mexico and uruguay!!!!!

zooruka
06-11-2010, 05:16 AM
argentina is my bet..........

messi

tevez

milito

spells danger !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and

No im not argentinian.

peace be with you !

RALPH WIGGUM
06-11-2010, 05:45 AM
Mandela's grand-granddaughter died in a car crash, thats so fucked up, hes mourning so he won't see mexico-south africa.

cap
06-11-2010, 05:47 AM
Mandela's grand-granddaughter died in a car crash, thats so fucked up, hes mourning so he won't see mexico-south africa.

yes very sad.

what do you think of france this year? i put a win on uruguay for tonight. its worth the shot imo.

RALPH WIGGUM
06-11-2010, 06:05 AM
As I said before, the french team are a bunch of cheaters who don't deserve to be in in the world cup in the first place, cause they just suck so bad now. I mean they lost against china. Its simple, now if a team gets a free kick against France, its almost always a goal lol
I hope Uruguay, Mexico and South Africa beat the shit out of them, and its highly possible.

Its cold in South Africa, which is a good thing for England, they're always complaining about the weather being too hot lol

cap
06-11-2010, 06:12 AM
As I said before, the french team are a bunch of cheaters who don't deserve to be in in the world cup in the first place, cause they just suck so bad now. I mean they lost against china. Its simple, now if a team gets a free kick against France, its almost always a goal lol
I hope Uruguay, Mexico and South Africa beat the shit out of them, and its highly possible.

Its cold in South Africa, which is a good thing for England, they're always complaining about the weather being too hot lol

+ rep on the france thing!!

i dont know if its actually cold in SA though. its winter, but i think it still gets pretty hot during the day!!

HANZO
06-11-2010, 07:03 AM
i dnt know about the whole hosts start the tournament off. i think the reigning champions should be given the right to kick the tournament off.

anyway i dnt know about the French team. they were pretty crap in qualifying and havent been performing well in the lead up to the tournament. we will see how they play against Uruguay. i wont be surprised if Mexico and Uruguay make it through the group.

cap
06-11-2010, 07:21 AM
i dnt know about the whole hosts start the tournament off. i think the reigning champions should be given the right to kick the tournament off.

anyway i dnt know about the French team. they were pretty crap in qualifying and havent been performing well in the lead up to the tournament. we will see how they play against Uruguay. i wont be surprised if Mexico and Uruguay make it through the group.

i hope so.

now watching the opening ceremony.

let the games begin!!

Rame
06-11-2010, 07:49 AM
The French should not be underestimated, they always end pretty high.

cap
06-11-2010, 07:54 AM
The French should not be underestimated, they always end pretty high.

not true. the went out in the 1st round in 2002 after they won the world cup 4 years earlier. and they still had the golden generation back then! they're not a tournament team like italy or germany.

Jammin
06-11-2010, 08:09 AM
spain, brazil or argentina

fuck italy

cap
06-11-2010, 08:14 AM
spain, brazil or argentina

fuck italy

lol glad to see people still mad about 4 years ago. it was the greatest day of my life. suck on that fagboy hahahahahahahaha

Buzk
06-11-2010, 09:03 AM
where's the official World Cup thread???

Jammin
06-11-2010, 10:03 AM
lol glad to see people still mad about 4 years ago. it was the greatest day of my life. suck on that fagboy hahahahahahahaha

portugal, england, south africa, everybody can win it, but italy still sucks

and the greatest day of my life ---> the day my son was born :hooray:

DrunkenMasta303
06-11-2010, 10:21 AM
Michael Ballack will miss the entire tournament, so our Deutsch mid-field will be trash, theres no way we gonna get far this time...

this is my World Cup technique tho: im always betting €€€ on the german opponent team...so if we win the game thats good (partys everywhere, freepussy, every1s happy etc..), and if we lose..hey i dont give a fukk atleast i won some money!...nahmsayin its a win/win situation :cool:

RALPH WIGGUM
06-11-2010, 11:04 AM
Damn South Africa should have won that game, damn, that fucking post

cap
06-11-2010, 11:36 AM
i can already tear up my 1st betting paper cus i put money on mexico. 2nd half was hella weak!! nice 1st goal of the tournament though.

cap
06-11-2010, 11:37 AM
where's the official World Cup thread???

this is it i guess.

HANZO
06-11-2010, 11:48 AM
that was a shit first game. Mexico played well but dnt know how to score, the South Africans didnt impress me at all. the players were dancing around and singing before the match, that sort of laid back mentality wont take you very far. both teams have real scrubby defences.

and man the Vvuvuuuu horn things are fucking annoying.

on a side note someone just change the name of this thread to "da affishal world cup thread"

cap
06-11-2010, 11:59 AM
that was a shit first game. Mexico played well but dnt know how to score, the South Africans didnt impress me at all. the players were dancing around and singing before the match, that sort of laid back mentality wont take you very far. both teams have real scrubby defences.

on a side note someone just change the name of this thread to "da affishal world cup thread"

co-shizzle

RALPH WIGGUM
06-11-2010, 12:02 PM
I don't know, I was disappointed by Mexico but I thought South Africa played quite well, I didn't really see that laid back mentality during the game, you could see they really wanted to score, the keeper was good, and damn that was a nice goal they scored.

HANZO
06-11-2010, 12:08 PM
I don't know, I was disappointed by Mexico but I thought South Africa played quite well, I didn't really see that laid back mentality during the game, you could see they really wanted to score, the keeper was good, and damn that was a nice goal they scored.

it was before the game in the tunnel, i know its a big moment for them. but concentration is key in a game like this.

if we step back and look at the bigger picture, Mexico are obviously the better team, so the South Africans getting a draw can be seen as something good. i think ppl expected too much from the South Africans, they forgot that Mexico is legit.

anyway next game, Uruguay - France.

11th Chamber
06-11-2010, 12:12 PM
About the only time I care about soccer over a 4 year period. I love this shit

I got France 2-0 in the next game

Crazy K
06-11-2010, 12:13 PM
Never checked out soccer like that, but will definitely catch it now that world cup is around lol

Jammin
06-11-2010, 02:24 PM
lol at the japanese ref

Shogah
06-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Pretty blank performance from both france and uruguay. I was putting my hopes on uruguay since they have terrific attack.

Although france didn't show much, it can still happen like in germany that they go very far...

Diaby is definitely the best french player at this moment, the guy is just a rock.

HANZO
06-11-2010, 04:53 PM
boring game. outside of Suarez and Forlan Uruguay are a pretty average team, today they had some chances mainly Forlan but didnt show much.

but France, they just seemed unable to create anything. Diaby and Toulalan were both good, but they were good at roughing up the Uruguayan midfielders apart from that nothing creative. I dnt kno why Domenech decided to make changes with only 20 left, and why on Earth he didnt take off Govou earlier. really bland French performance, Ribery was lost the whole game.

zooruka
06-12-2010, 05:17 AM
I dnt kno why Domenech decided to make changes with only 20 left, and why on Earth he didnt take off Govou earlier. really bland French performance, Ribery was lost the whole game.

hahah yeah he brought henri` and maluda on with about 20 to go ?????

henri` is way better than anelka.

apperently the team isn`t happy with domenech as coach...and there is a lack of unity in the team because of it......

as for ribery he tries hard, I think he is a little overated but he does get an A for effort in my book.... dude always tries his heart out.

ps : does anyone know if david trezegete is playing for france and if not why didn`t they pick him or put him on.

peace be with you !

SL33
06-12-2010, 05:59 AM
anelka is lame.

Ghost In The 'Lac
06-12-2010, 06:08 AM

Man I couldnt disagree with you more! I thought 1st game was great, one of the best WC goals of the last 20 years or so imo, and S.Africa had some really great nice looking 1 touch attacking play.

France were pretty awful (apart from Diaby and Evra), Uruguay were even worse.

BRING ON THE VUVUZELAS!!

RALPH WIGGUM
06-12-2010, 06:31 AM
France sucked as usual, I just hope they don't steal another qualification.
England tonight, looking forward to it, Its gon be cool seeing stevie G as the captain lol

cap
06-12-2010, 07:20 AM
wow south korea really strong so far. the strongest team we've seen by far.

Jammin
06-12-2010, 07:46 AM
SOUTH KOREA :thumbup:

Durag
06-12-2010, 07:48 AM
Yea, South Korea going strong. Greece are looking very poor i cant see them going too far in the tournament.

Cant wait for tonight, England vs USA. The only time the whole population of Ireland comes together is to watch our national team play or to watch England get bet. The whole country will be shouting for USA tonight. Its a bit stupid and immature but it gives us something to shout for considering were not in the fuckin thing.

And we also want France to get knocked the fuck out EARLY. They were fuckin poor yesterday, cant see them going far at all so dont have to worry about that. We all had a good laugh at Henry appleaing for a hand-ball. The irony.

RALPH WIGGUM
06-12-2010, 08:30 AM
South Korea was good, but the greeks sucked, they were slow as fuck and South Korea took advantage of it.

zooruka
06-12-2010, 08:53 AM
Yeah south korea play real well...

argentina v nigeria

Go argentina !!!!!!!!!

peace be with you !

cap
06-12-2010, 09:10 AM
nice!! 1-0

i got money on argentina!!

Jammin
06-12-2010, 09:15 AM
wonderful goal

RALPH WIGGUM
06-12-2010, 09:54 AM
Yeah nice goal, I heard he wasn't that impressive playing with Argentina but Messi's playing great right now.
Nigeria's good too, their goalkeeper is really good. Taiwo's doing his thing.

zooruka
06-12-2010, 11:09 AM
That diving header from hinze was amazing...

I got my money on argentina... the only thing that concerns me is that as the game went on they seem to fall away abit ... I noticed this in the first half and then it became more apparent in the second...I hope they realize this and work on it...because they might not be so lucky against a better team....

also tevez needs to stay up front he is a striker and messi needs to play more like the play maker...it seems they got there responsibilities mixed up...I noticed tevez seemed to spend alot of time in midfield, and messi was trying to play more like a striker.

nice win though.

p.s I hope malito gets more time on the field.

peace be with you !

RALPH WIGGUM
06-12-2010, 11:14 AM
They thought they had the game under control cause they're so good technically. They could have killed the game if they wanted, but they didn't try hard enough.
The nigerians could have equalized, they almost did, but they did a lot of mistakes, Martins was good, Uche missed a great opportunity. And in the end they weren't even trying anymore.

HANZO
06-12-2010, 11:15 AM
i dnt understand the Greeks, they were solid in qualifying but today looked like total shit. no pace, no passion nothing. the South Koreans played really well and could have been 3 or 4 up.

Argentina were ok, had alot of chances but they did what was expected of them.

RALPH WIGGUM
06-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Fuck this, Im so disappointed for Green, shit.
His first fucking world cup.

Shogah
06-12-2010, 02:23 PM
Damn, England keep failing with goalkeepers.
First it was Seaman, than James, than Robinson than this guy...

11th Chamber
06-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Ties are so fucking lame

RALPH WIGGUM
06-12-2010, 03:31 PM
1-1

That game had started so good...

HANZO
06-12-2010, 03:33 PM
every fucking world cup England end up with a shit keeper who makes some stupid mistake.

jus fucking awful.

it really shouldnt have mattered considering the amount of chances England had, especially with Heskey.

whitey
06-12-2010, 03:33 PM
most embar from the english

RALPH WIGGUM
06-12-2010, 03:41 PM
Green aint a shitty keeper, its just his first world cup and hes under pressure, thats all, he'll get better, I mean he did have a lot of opportunities to practice this year

battle?
06-12-2010, 03:42 PM
altidore shud of won the game

narc
06-12-2010, 03:56 PM
lol @ beckhams face when Green let the goal in

Uncle Steezo
06-12-2010, 04:40 PM
http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_sow_experts__7/ept_sports_sow_experts-793432426-1276373077.jpg?ymVxXSDDAS7H8SD5
http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_sow_experts__7/ept_sports_sow_experts-647067856-1276370941.jpg?ym9PXSDDrzvsEPhj
http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_sow_experts__7/ept_sports_sow_experts-118732729-1276371171.jpg?ymjTXSDDG.9mmRoG
TEARZ.

famenchuan
06-12-2010, 08:02 PM
a goal is a goal no matter how it gets in. no excuses. i know usa aint gonna win but i sure as hell did not want them to lose to england.

zooruka
06-12-2010, 08:26 PM
a goal is a goal no matter how it gets in. no excuses. i know usa aint gonna win but i sure as hell did not want them to lose to england.

I agree a goal is a goal...they all count in the end....but england should have really one that game, but instead where lucky not to lose...rooney was non existant until the last 10....I really hope they don`t sack green because while that mistake was kinda bad...we are only human ... I was saying it`s probably a cia / mi6 illuminati conspiracy to keep relations strong between the two countries hahahaha (sorry I had to throw some k.t.l in there .... lol !!!!!!)

Really usa should be happy...baring a major melt down they should get out of the group....but hey it`s the world cup and anything can happen.:mmmyah:

peace be with you !

famenchuan
06-12-2010, 08:39 PM
i think if the US did not get that goal they would of pushed the offensive attack more either causing them to tie it up or england probably scoring 1 or 2 more goals.

in the end i think the US just wanted the tie.

zooruka
06-12-2010, 08:58 PM
i think if the US did not get that goal they would of pushed the offensive attack more either causing them to tie it up or england probably scoring 1 or 2 more goals.

in the end i think the US just wanted the tie.

really the usa should be commended they showed grit and determination and tuffed it out ...even though at times it seemed they where punching above there weight !!!!!

Howard is a legend 8O...there is no doubt his stocks have risen even higher in the world of football as a result of yesterdays preformance.

peace be with you !

Buzk
06-12-2010, 09:54 PM
didnt catch much of the match against the US today, but i had hoped for a british win .it would be fun to see england go far in the world cup this time.

looking forward to cameroon's match againts japan on monday, cameroon can put on a real entertaining show!

DR. NICK RIVIERA
06-13-2010, 03:32 AM
I hope Slovenia beats Algeria today...then it's USA in the next round.

S. Korea play really good.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
06-13-2010, 03:38 AM
Anybody feels that this WC is a big letdown....?

For any US fans out there, who don't watch a lot of football, I recommend to watch teams like Spain or Netherlands.... ;)

cap
06-13-2010, 05:28 AM
stupid english fuck cost me a lot of money!! fuck!!

Alcryt
06-13-2010, 05:51 AM
Anybody feels that this WC is a big letdown....?

For any US fans out there, who don't watch a lot of football, I recommend to watch teams like Spain or Netherlands.... ;)

I agree so far, the matches so far have been pretty dissappointing to watch. Hardly any goals and not enough exciting football. In 2006 we had 6 goals in the opening match alone!

Hopefully it gets more entertaining as teams like Spain start playing...

hectis
06-13-2010, 06:08 AM
stupid english fuck cost me a lot of money!! fuck!!

his teammates must be pissed at him right now

RALPH WIGGUM
06-13-2010, 06:20 AM
I think because of the huge prejudice there is about English keepers making stupid mistakes, it creates a pressure and makes them constantly afraid of being the one to do it. You could see Green hesitated when he realized the ball was faster than he had thought. The fear of the mistake led to the mistake being made.
Its a vicious circle really, but I blame the media and the public.
Support Robert Green.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/00750/sport-graphics-2008_750325a.jpg

Durag
06-13-2010, 09:19 AM
It has been a little dissapointing so far, Slovenia vs Algeria was a fuckin horror of a match. Just watchin Ghana vs Serbia, both pretty good teams even though Ghana are missing Essien, i think they have a chance of getting past the group stages.

I hope this game raises the bar in terms of match quality a little.

Jammin
06-13-2010, 09:44 AM
South Africa considers vuvuzela ban
Written By:BBC Sports , Posted: Sun, Jun 13, 2010

South Africa's World Cup organising chief Danny Jordaan may ban vuvuzelas from inside stadiums after complaints from broadcasters and supporters.

The constant sound of the high-pitched horn-like instrument has so far drowned out much of the atmosphere-generating singing usually associated with games.

And Jordaan, when asked if he would get rid of them, told BBC Sport: "If there are grounds to do so, yes.

"We did say that if any land on the pitch in anger we will take action."

France captain Patrice Evra has already blamed the noise generated by the vuvuzelas, which has been likened to the drone of thousands of bees, for his side's poor showing in their opening group game against Uruguay, which finished goalless.

He said: "We can't sleep at night because of the vuvuzelas. People start playing them from 6am.

"We can't hear one another out on the pitch because of them."

Jordaan conceded that while the noise was irritating for some people, they were doing all they could to minimise the impact.

"We've tried to get some order," he continued. "We have asked for no vuvuzelas during national anthems or stadium announcements. It's difficult but we're trying to manage the best we can.

"We've had some broadcasters and individuals [complaining] and it's something we are evaluating on an on-going basis."

Jordaan admitted he was not a huge fan of them himself. "I would prefer singing," he said.

"It's always been a great generator of a wonderful atmosphere in stadiums and I would try to encourage them to sing.

"In the days of the struggle (against apartheid) we were singing, all through our history it's our ability to sing that inspired and drove the emotions."

cap
06-13-2010, 09:52 AM
lol at france blaming the vuvuzelas for their shitty game. thats very low!!

the vuvuzelas do suck though!

food for thought
06-13-2010, 10:01 AM
yo, american viewers,

what fucking channel are the games on?

theres a game on right now right?

i watched the US game on ABC yesterday but the game aint on now

i know theres more than one game per day....

food for thought
06-13-2010, 10:22 AM
sheesh, i been out the loop like a muthafucka lol

maradonna is coaching argentina??

lol thats crazy

true!!

i cant believe dunga left out ronaldinho and adriano, cmon man!! ronaldinho didnt have a fantastic year but he still can be important for any side...

ronaldhino and adriano aint playing? fack! why not?

Tage
06-13-2010, 10:34 AM
England/USA was embarrassing.

If Spain win, i get £200.
If Spain win with Villa top scorer, i get around £400.
If Spain win with Torres top goalscorer, i get £750.

C'mon Spain.

RALPH WIGGUM
06-13-2010, 10:38 AM

lol don't be surprised, french players will blame anything and anybody for not playing good.

Im quoting Patrice Evra, answering the journalists "Yeah well if we tried to score we wouldn't be defending and they could score, and if they scored you would criticize anyway so what are we gonna do?"

lol damn man this is football aren't you supposed to know how to do both at the same time.
And this is the fucking captain lol

Jammin
06-13-2010, 10:56 AM
is it me or the world cup is boring as fuck?

cap
06-13-2010, 11:46 AM
England/USA was embarrassing.

If Spain win, i get £200.
If Spain win with Villa top scorer, i get around £400.
If Spain win with Torres top goalscorer, i get £750.

C'mon Spain.

if spain win i win 250€

if brazil wins i win 450€

check two
06-13-2010, 12:01 PM
Are there some games on justin.tv?

food for thought
06-13-2010, 12:04 PM
^yea,

you have to pick through a bunch of them to find a good stream though. and one that isnt arabic lol

Krusha
06-13-2010, 12:13 PM
Germany is about to kick some Aussie asses!

famenchuan
06-13-2010, 12:20 PM
good games today so far. Kinda sucks that Alegeria and serbia both got red cards and had to play a man down. I enjoyed both games. I want australia to win.

11th Chamber
06-13-2010, 12:28 PM
yo, american viewers,

what fucking channel are the games on?

theres a game on right now right?

i watched the US game on ABC yesterday but the game aint on now

i know theres more than one game per day....

Either ESPN, ABC or the spanish channel whatever thats called

Rame
06-13-2010, 12:56 PM
is it me or the world cup is boring as fuck?

It's you.

It'll get better with every round.

whitey
06-13-2010, 01:32 PM
730 and 930 games are on epsn 230 games are on abc. on the weekend at least. im not sure how the weekdays will be, maybe all over them on espn. but the games on on either or of those channels. you can watch them on espn3 online at the espn website as well. you dont even need the streams.

RALPH WIGGUM
06-13-2010, 02:18 PM
Damn zee germans are really good.

Durag
06-13-2010, 02:22 PM
The first round of matches in the world cup tend to be pretty boring, no team wants to lose their first match so they all play very cautiously and defensivly, so i wouldnt be too worried about the world cup being boring.

Wait until the last group games for things to get really interesting and we're guaranteed some great matches. Never mind the finals.

Rame
06-13-2010, 02:22 PM
Nah, the Australians are really wack.

Ghost In The 'Lac
06-13-2010, 03:31 PM
Ozil one of my favorite players so far.

11th Chamber
06-13-2010, 05:12 PM
Australia looked like shit

Nasty Nash
06-13-2010, 06:31 PM
Germany 4-0 domination of the Aussies

zooruka
06-13-2010, 08:55 PM
Nah, the Australians are really wack.

cosign...

The worst preforming teams so far have been australia and greece... with australia being i.m.o the worst team so far ....they look like they don`t really belong in the world cup this time round.:no:.... but in all fairness they did come up against a pretty slick german outfit, but during the game they look for the most part kinda lost...... They where much better 4 years ago.

peace be with you !

zooruka
06-13-2010, 09:09 PM
the vuvuzelas dosuck though!

It would be o.k if a few people had them to add atmosphere, but it``s just become to much now...when you watch the game or see vision of world cup supporters thats all you see and hear !!!!! (with south african fanz being the worst offenders) and it ruins the atmosphere...like that danny jordaan said singing would be better (especially when the england fans do it) and even some drums...not the constant drone of vuvuzelas 24/7.

They need a vuvuzela crack down to save the world cup i.m.o or if that don`t work then maybe an outright ban.

:yes:

peace be with you !

Jamal Arief
06-14-2010, 02:10 AM
Vuvuzelas = African killer bees!

As for the last game: Sure, AUS was lethargic already after the first goal, but Germany had the most convincing performance so far and showed some really nice skills.

Peace.

Jamal Arief
06-14-2010, 02:16 AM
if spain win i win 250€

if brazil wins i win 450€

how can u win so much money when betting for the two top seeds? how much did u bet? 100 each??

Peace.

Jammin
06-14-2010, 02:28 AM

its funny how messi and c. ronaldo are saying the same thing

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=4&art_id=vn20100614044107651C964331#more

its def not a french thing

Rame
06-14-2010, 04:24 AM
http://i46.tinypic.com/1zy7ec1.jpg

cap
06-14-2010, 04:38 AM
how can u win so much money when betting for the two top seeds? how much did u bet? 100 each??

Peace.

80 on brazil

30 on spain

cap
06-14-2010, 06:23 AM
lets see what the netherlands have to offer.

i always root for the netherlands (except when they play against italy offcourse) cus i live 20 mins from the dutch border, so if they win i can go party with them. and they party like crazy when it comes to football!!

famenchuan
06-14-2010, 09:00 AM
Denmark just aint aggressive enough.

next up the japs and cams

Jamal Arief
06-14-2010, 09:31 AM
80 on brazil

30 on spain

wow, that's not a bad quote!

maybe i could still earn money if i put 50 each on brazil, spain, argentine, germany, netherlands, italy and england.
that bet would be safe as hell!

Peace.

RALPH WIGGUM
06-14-2010, 11:04 AM
Too bad for Cameroon, really frustrating end of game, especially when they hit the bar. They should have at least equalized. Brave defense from Japan tho.

RALPH WIGGUM
06-14-2010, 02:11 PM
Hahahaha paraguay scored! nice

Jammin
06-14-2010, 02:23 PM
japan is the biggest surprise today, go paraguay !!!

Buzk
06-14-2010, 02:28 PM
Too bad for Cameroon, really frustrating end of game, especially when they hit the bar. They should have at least equalized. Brave defense from Japan tho.

jup. kinda dissapointed by Cameroons preformance in that game, hope they'll pull it together before the next match. their trainer had a wierd setup going on, Etoo on the right wing? and did he put Bassong on the bench? but ye, the last part of the game were intense, they got their shit together but unfortunenately too late.

whitey
06-14-2010, 02:54 PM
paraguay is gay. forza italia!!!!!!

famenchuan
06-14-2010, 03:47 PM
fucking Italians giving me a heart attack.

cap
06-14-2010, 03:53 PM
weak game for the italians. the old guys are over the hill, and the new guys aint cutting it! i hope pirlo can turn this team around a bit!

sdeblasi
06-14-2010, 04:17 PM
weak game for the italians. the old guys are over the hill, and the new guys aint cutting it! i hope pirlo can turn this team around a bit!

that game was terrible but im not ready to give up yet

a couple things:

Pirlo and Camoranesi need to both be fit to have any chance

Di Natale should probably start (at least in my opinion)

WTF is going on with Buffon

cap
06-14-2010, 04:29 PM
that game was terrible but im not ready to give up yet

a couple things:

Pirlo and Camoranesi need to both be fit to have any chance

Di Natale should probably start (at least in my opinion)

WTF is going on with Buffon

i agree, why wouldnt the seria a top scorer start?

pirlo will make a great difference, and camoranesi had a great influence on the team when he came on.

i really hope buffon isnt out for long. i'll check the italian news and papers and shit...

check two
06-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Any racist things happen in the games yet?

cap
06-14-2010, 04:54 PM
Any racist things happen in the games yet?

yeah the germans slaughtered the usa as payback for ww2.

edit: germany played australia not usa. my bad.

i have no joke for this one...{:(

HANZO
06-14-2010, 04:58 PM
first from yesterday ze Germans were dope.

today Holland were average didnt do anything special, the Danes just did nothing.

Cameroon were poor, but credit to Japan they are a good team. we saw that in their friendly against England where they were really unlucky. i think both South Korea and Japan can spring up a surprise this tournament, everyones expecting an African team to be the surprise package but i wont be shocked if one of them Asian teams go far.

Italy were poor, but to be honest both Italy and Paraguay defended well overall apart from the goals conceded. The Italians need more movement upfront.

Art Vandelay
06-14-2010, 05:24 PM
http://www.theonion.com/video/soccer-officially-announces-it-is-gay,17603/

Prolifical ENG
06-14-2010, 05:46 PM
http://www.theonion.com/video/soccer-officially-announces-it-is-gay,17603/

lol @ the old article...."soccer knocking boots with like minds"

but i do hate those horns int the games for broadcasting...even though it is probably equally as fun and more deafening in the stadium.

zooruka
06-14-2010, 06:08 PM
paraguay didn`t really do anything and didn`t deserve to score let alone go in front at one stage...I can`t believe this team beat argentina and brazil ????? With that said Italy also didn`t deserve to win either in my opinion, but they did controlle the game....I think the draw was flattering for the paraguayians but was probably the right result.

peace be with you !

Ghost In The 'Lac
06-14-2010, 06:25 PM
Paraguay suck I didnt like them all through the quailfiers but somehow they came in 3rd. Shame Chile's Suazo is injured because Chile would be a much better representation of S. America than Uruguay and Paraguay (exc the obvious)

Italy left their 3 most talented players at home though (Cassano, Totti, Balotelli), so fuck them, they could be saved by Di Natale, but Lippi wont play him! Lippi is allergic to skill.

Olive Oil Goombah
06-14-2010, 10:11 PM
I tried to watch that USA/England game just to give this a shot, but I literally couldnt last 10 seconds without trying to find something else to do.

Soccer brags about being nonstop action but the action rarely results in anything.

I guess its good the USA tied England, and in a way I'd like to see us win just to piss the rest of the world off, but truly I dont care if they lose so thats that.

Shaolin Bloody Sword
06-14-2010, 10:24 PM
Im a huge Soccer & B-Ball fan... That announcement about soccer being gay is plain stupid ! Since when is a sport regarded as being gay? FOH

cap
06-15-2010, 03:59 AM
I tried to watch that USA/England game just to give this a shot, but I literally couldnt last 10 seconds without trying to find something else to do.

Soccer brags about being nonstop action but the action rarely results in anything.

I guess its good the USA tied England, and in a way I'd like to see us win just to piss the rest of the world off, but truly I dont care if they lose so thats that.

and yet you have posted 5 times already in this thread. why dont i post in the world series thread or nba thread? cus i dont give a shit. people are talking non stop about the world cup even on american tv. you guys are so pissed off that you dont get it its actually amusing!

Olive Oil Goombah
06-15-2010, 05:58 AM
I gave it a shot. THere are a few americans that are watching.

Shits not amusing though but I do want the USA to piss people off and beat them.

cap
06-15-2010, 06:11 AM
I gave it a shot. THere are a few americans that are watching.

Shits not amusing though but I do want the USA to piss people off and beat them.

you really think we care if america wins or not? unless off course they're playing against italy they can winn all they want. we all know they're not a real threat to win the cup.

and i dont get why you're giving it a shot. i dont watch any other sports that have italy in them. i dont try to get into baseball or some shit...

11th Chamber
06-15-2010, 08:18 AM
I cant believe New Zealand jus scored. Looked like shit for 90 minutes then that

famenchuan
06-15-2010, 08:20 AM
holy shit. that shit was crazy. in extra time. good for new zealand

11th Chamber
06-15-2010, 08:22 AM
Can someone who understands this sport better explain stoppage time for me?

Does it just end when the refs feel like calling it? Or at the 94th minute?

famenchuan
06-15-2010, 08:37 AM
it's added time for injury or substitution or when a goal is scored. the clock always is running during the game no matter what.

cap
06-15-2010, 09:01 AM
holy shit. that shit was crazy. in extra time. good for new zealand

and more importantly good for italy!! everybody has the same amount of points in our group!

famenchuan
06-15-2010, 09:12 AM
and more importantly good for italy!! everybody has the same amount of points in our group!

yeah I wanted a tie for that reason too.

RALPH WIGGUM
06-15-2010, 09:53 AM
Yeah I didn't want a tie for that reason, but still good for new zealand.

Portugal-Ivory Coast, Ivory Coast is playing a bit better but they would need Drogba in the penalty box, cause they're not using all their opportunities right.
lol at Ronaldo taking a yellow card, hes such a diving pussy.

RALPH WIGGUM
06-15-2010, 11:12 AM
Why the fuck didn't that ref let them play the last corner? Pretty dumb move.

Jamal Arief
06-15-2010, 11:14 AM
Can someone who understands this sport better explain stoppage time for me?

Does it just end when the refs feel like calling it? Or at the 94th minute?

indeed, it is ultimately up to the ref to decide. in theory, if he refuses to call the game, it will go on forever!

it was actually worse until maybe ten years ago, since nowadays the refs indicate how many minutes they will add (at least). like this the players and fans will know what to expect (more or less).

Peace.

Jamal Arief
06-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Why the fuck didn't that ref let them play the last corner? Pretty dumb move.

Co-sign!

DrunkenMasta303
06-15-2010, 11:41 AM
^ why the fukk didnt that idiot SHOOT the ball instead of pass it? THATS a dumb move!

Rame
06-15-2010, 12:03 PM
True. He knew the game would end if he didn't shoot directly.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
06-15-2010, 12:15 PM
This is the worst international football competition since Euro '96. Goddamn.

Firstly, the mixture of sintetic and real grass makes a hard surface to play on, and of course a ball like Jubalani bounces far more like it did in the friendlies a month ago. Every team that plays at 13.30 down in South Africa is also playing in killer circumstances, like Slovakia and New Zealand today, when it was really cold and them motherfucking vuvuzelas don't stop..... it's hard to play good and with all you got, I totally understand the players...

And there were a lot of hard and ultimately boring games, S. Korea and Germany are the only ones that really stepped on the ball on did their thing. Slovenia was a catastrophe when attacking, we still have one of the finest defences, so I'm hoping we don't lose to the US, who are really some fast motherfuckers, might I add. Altho everybody criticize Slovenia for the snooze-fest, what about USA, France, Uruguay, Denmark [-this one being the biggest dissappointment thus far]??? But of course, the first games are always boring for viewers...everybody need to play to win in the second round...

Jammin
06-15-2010, 12:19 PM
^ why the fukk didnt that idiot SHOOT the ball instead of pass it? THATS a dumb move!

word

cap
06-15-2010, 12:23 PM

you forgot about the world cup 2002? now that was a disgrace!!

famenchuan
06-15-2010, 12:33 PM
I dont know. I enjoyed most of the games I saw so far.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
06-15-2010, 01:35 PM
forreal? even the last Barcelona vs. Inter game, when Inter parked the bus, WAS FAAAR more entertaining and dramatic, than any game, really. Some teams need to step their game up..

whitey
06-15-2010, 03:04 PM
kaka looked like shit, good thing dunga took him over dinho...

famenchuan
06-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Going to be some intersting 2nd matches.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
06-15-2010, 03:59 PM
http://www.shrani.si/f/1Z/NW/1NmGFxfJ/kimjong7.jpg
http://www.shrani.si/f/2k/EU/4YhQ0NRJ/kimjong6.jpg
http://www.shrani.si/f/32/rI/4Qaw0KFz/kimjong5.jpg
http://www.shrani.si/f/47/49/41IappFT/kimjong12.jpg
http://www.shrani.si/f/3y/Bm/2vFMTMaR/kimjong2.jpg
http://www.shrani.si/f/1Q/CT/AYDlocW/kimjong10.jpg
http://www.shrani.si/f/S/In/A3phWSs/kimjong4.jpg
http://www.shrani.si/f/2u/3g/3kU0nTDk/kimjong9.jpg
http://www.shrani.si/f/3l/TE/1o3Cjemo/kimjong1.jpg

Prolifical ENG
06-15-2010, 04:02 PM
When I was watching the Brazil game, the vuvus didnt seem so bad...I dont know if it was the stadium with less horns or the network dampened the sound on that frequency because I could hear the crowd a little more.

World Cup should have more cow bell!

check two
06-15-2010, 04:19 PM
http://www.shrani.si/f/1Z/NW/1NmGFxfJ/kimjong7.jpg
http://www.shrani.si/f/2k/EU/4YhQ0NRJ/kimjong6.jpg
http://www.shrani.si/f/32/rI/4Qaw0KFz/kimjong5.jpg
http://www.shrani.si/f/47/49/41IappFT/kimjong12.jpg
http://www.shrani.si/f/3y/Bm/2vFMTMaR/kimjong2.jpg
http://www.shrani.si/f/1Q/CT/AYDlocW/kimjong10.jpg
http://www.shrani.si/f/S/In/A3phWSs/kimjong4.jpg
http://www.shrani.si/f/2u/3g/3kU0nTDk/kimjong9.jpg
http://www.shrani.si/f/3l/TE/1o3Cjemo/kimjong1.jpg

??

Nasty Nash
06-15-2010, 04:20 PM
I don't mind the vuvus, the killa bee sound always reminds me of wu-tang so it's all good.
Brazil could have more than 2 goals with how many times they were at N. Korea's goal and they more than half of the possessions anyways

HANZO
06-15-2010, 05:03 PM
you forgot about the world cup 2002? now that was a disgrace!!

lol nah man it was a good world cup, you had loads of surprise teams and a really good Brazil.

anyway this one has been bad, i really dnt kno why but most teams seem to be really scared to do anything significant. they blaming the ball but thats bullshit. in the last world cup 13 games in there were 30 goals, this one only 20.

Slovakia today should have destroyed New Zealand due to the fact that NZ are basically a semi-pro team no different from a San Marino or Malta. i was really shocked with that result.

Portugal - Ivory Coast was another boring game, there was about 10 minutes in the second half where it got good but then it slowed down again. too much diving in that game thanks to Ronaldo, but some Ivory Coast players were rolling around to.

Who saw the North Korean player cry during the national anthem?? lol the dude was propa into it. NK played well, defended really well and that striker they had (the guy who cried) did really well on his own upfront. he held the ball well and gave of some nice passes. they deserved the goal and i think will cause some trouble for both Portugal and the Ivory Coast.

Brazil were ok, nothing special Kaka didnt look right. i expect them to play better as the tournament goes on. dnt kno why Dunga didnt start with Dani Alves, to break the Koreans they needed width and he is the ideal guy for that.

11th Chamber
06-15-2010, 05:23 PM
I swear North Korea had about 200 fans at the game, if that.

I know they're not allowed to day anything of their free will there, but cmon show yer team a little support

Olive Oil Goombah
06-15-2010, 05:27 PM
you really think we care if america wins or not? unless off course they're playing against italy they can winn all they want. we all know they're not a real threat to win the cup.

and i dont get why you're giving it a shot. i dont watch any other sports that have italy in them. i dont try to get into baseball or some shit...

Well thats what I'm saying. It would piss everyone off if a lukewarm American team won it.

I'm giving it a shot because I am a fan of competitive sports. And I'd like to see USA do well. I may watch the final but probably only shortly.

I just find soccer to be boring, even when compared to other European sports like rugby. If there was a World Rugby Cup I'd watch every game.

HANZO
06-15-2010, 05:34 PM
Well thats what I'm saying. It would piss everyone off if a lukewarm American team won it.

I'm giving it a shot because I am a fan of competitive sports. And I'd like to see USA do well. I may watch the final but probably only shortly.

I just find soccer to be boring, even when compared to other European sports like rugby. If there was a World Rugby Cup I'd watch every game.

Well there is a Rugby world cup, and i think its next year so you can watch that then. the US also have a rugby team that usually qualify for it to so you got someone to cheer for.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
06-15-2010, 06:07 PM
Those pictures are my perspective of the beautiful game between N.Korea and Brazil.

Olive Oil Goombah
06-15-2010, 07:24 PM
Well there is a Rugby world cup, and i think its next year so you can watch that then. the US also have a rugby team that usually qualify for it to so you got someone to cheer for.

excellent, I'll be tuning in.

cap
06-16-2010, 06:55 AM
chile-honduras is a nice game so far!

whitey
06-16-2010, 07:05 AM
agreed. and of course the dish is cutting in and out right now. what the fuck.

famenchuan
06-16-2010, 07:32 AM
hondarus gotta come out hard in second half. I they lose this its over for them

Jutzu-Lo-Killer
06-16-2010, 08:01 AM
Spain best score

todos con la rojaaaaa

Rame
06-16-2010, 08:03 AM
I swear North Korea had about 200 fans at the game, if that.

I know they're not allowed to day anything of their free will there, but cmon show yer team a little support

Their fans were hired Chinese people. They are afraid people will not return if they let them leave the country.

Their striker is the only player who plays outside N-Korea. He plays in China but wants to go to Europe.

famenchuan
06-16-2010, 10:11 AM
oh shit, the swiss

famenchuan
06-16-2010, 10:53 AM
swiss match is the biggest upset so far .

2nd would be japan beating cameroon

Rame
06-16-2010, 10:56 AM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Shogah
06-16-2010, 10:59 AM
Fail.

Jammin
06-16-2010, 11:17 AM
Bwaahahahahahahaahahahahahah omg

i didnt see the game but 1-0 man where is drunken monk? Dont commit suicide homie

Sense-A
06-16-2010, 11:28 AM
hahahhAHHAHhaha. Spain possessed the ball 88% of the game and out shot the swiss 27-7 and still managed to lose!!!

USA!!!! WORLD CUP 2010. Going to upset the world!

cap
06-16-2010, 11:30 AM
wow, i didnt see this one coming!! good to have things shaken up a bit!

Jammin
06-16-2010, 11:48 AM
i hope drunken monk won't commit suicide

Jamal Arief
06-16-2010, 12:28 PM
it will be interesting to see how spain is coming back from that!
honduras shouldn't be a problem, but chile is tough!
and even with 6 points for spain: there is a high risk of a 3-way tie!

Peace.

Severe Punishment
06-16-2010, 01:38 PM
Spain will come back. Honduras and chile are no match for them when it comes down to it. But as Jamal Arief said, there could be a tie. But even when that happens, i think spain will easily win on goals. It was just a bad day for them.

Prolifical ENG
06-16-2010, 01:48 PM
Funny vuvu pics:

http://i47.tinypic.com/20f2911.jpg

http://imgur.com/1mfvv.png

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/6658/1276436034784.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d94/Nimsky/vuvu2.jpg

Jutzu-Lo-Killer
06-16-2010, 02:15 PM
i hope drunken monk won't commit suicide

i wont man

i think it was bad luck

we made the best game neva seen in the world

we gonna win da cupp

Jamal Arief
06-16-2010, 02:49 PM
by the way: i thought the referee was an ass. why the fuck did he add 5 minutes (!) stoppage time when there were hardly any injuries/breaks? and what was with all the yellow cards, free kicks and corners during overtime against switzerland during the end?

Peace.

famenchuan
06-16-2010, 03:30 PM
damn, south africa got their ass kicked.

RALPH WIGGUM
06-16-2010, 03:35 PM
South Africa got hustled on that penalty. Fuck Suarez, and fuck the ref.

famenchuan
06-16-2010, 03:45 PM
South Africa got hustled on that penalty. Fuck Suarez, and fuck the ref.

the keeper took the guy out. The call was right.

Jutzu-Lo-Killer
06-16-2010, 03:48 PM
fuck southafrica

chile is not a problem to spain

chiba
06-16-2010, 04:03 PM

Firstly, the mixture of sintetic and real grass makes a hard surface to play on, and of course a ball like Jubalani bounces far more like it did in the friendlies a month ago. Every team that plays at 13.30 down in South Africa is also playing in killer circumstances, like Slovakia and New Zealand today, when it was really cold and them motherfucking vuvuzelas don't stop..... it's hard to play good and with all you got, I totally understand the players...

And there were a lot of hard and ultimately boring games, S. Korea and Germany are the only ones that really stepped on the ball on did their thing. Slovenia was a catastrophe when attacking, we still have one of the finest defences, so I'm hoping we don't lose to the US, who are really some fast motherfuckers, might I add. Altho everybody criticize Slovenia for the snooze-fest, what about USA, France, Uruguay, Denmark [-this one being the biggest dissappointment thus far]??? But of course, the first games are always boring for viewers...everybody need to play to win in the second round...

there have been wayyy to many ties in this tourney
everyone has stepped their game up and are playing more defensively
the few wins were by one point
then again germany had a festival of goals

spain choked ...spain has been hyped to win it
i dont see the same flair like in the euro
in confederations cup they were shut down by the usa
i guess the swiss took pointers from that game

spain have it tough right now
as chile isnt easy and honduras can possibly upset them

ivory coast and nigeria seem to be the strong african teams
nigerias goalie did a great job vs messi and the argies
ivory coast with drogba are dangerous

brazil didnt play well...i guess the cold weather had something to do with it
heard it was like -5
the whole brazil bench were crunched together with their winter coats scarves mittens tuques...all the needed was to set up a fire in an empty oil barrel

check two
06-16-2010, 04:20 PM
You don't mean -5 Farenhieght right? lol I'd rather play a sport in cooler weather, than some sweaty ass crappy weather.

HANZO
06-16-2010, 04:42 PM
the Swiss victory proves one thing, and that is negative defensive football is the way to win games. No matter how good Spain played it was going to be incredibly difficult for them to open up a 9 man defense. credit to the Swiss they defended with discipline.

Im sure if Spain played the same as Switzerland did they would have won the game. Just sit back and wait for a counter attack or set piece. but the Spanish just dnt play like that, and are actually one of the very few teams in this world who want to play positive football.

That group is now wide open cause Chile was really impressive, they were unlucky not to beat Honduras by 5 goals, Sanchez was dope. I still think Spain will qualify but it could be that they finish 2nd in their group and set up a possible second round tie with Brazil.

Uruguay were good, and it was a penalty even though it was the smallest of touches the goalie still brought Suarez down. It werent like SA were robbed either cause they werent gonna win the game, they were pretty shit. dnt see them making out the group.

zooruka
06-16-2010, 07:21 PM
Their fans were hired Chinese people. They are afraid people will not return if they let them leave the country.

Their striker is the only player who plays outside N-Korea. He plays in China but wants to go to Europe.

I was thinking about this during the game...I was like how are there any north korean fanz at the game at all...aren`t they banned from leaving the country ???? I was actually thinking if the fanz where really from north korea then wouldn`t the north korean government be paranoid about a) the c.i.a and other spy agancies pumping them for intel b) them running away or claiming asylum in south africa.

props for the info rama !!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbup:

Really n .korea is one messed up country.

zooruka
06-17-2010, 02:29 AM
looking forward to argentina v south korea....Like I have said previously in this thread... my money is on argentina !!!!...I saw a programme that was showing how teams got to the world cup in s.a and on the episode I watched they profiled argentina... really argentina struggled in the qualifiers and Im really surprised maradonna wasn`t sacked...if that was any other coach they would have got the axe.

With that said, I think argentina have somthing to prove in this world cup, and will go all out for maradonna, to prove his critics wrong...I believe if they click they will be a very potent force...because most of there players are youngish and hungry.

I hope they put on a good display against south korea to send out a warning , but ultimately I just hope there are no spain like surprises.

peace be with you !

chiba
06-17-2010, 02:56 AM
the Swiss victory proves one thing, and that is negative defensive football is the way to win games. No matter how good Spain played it was going to be incredibly difficult for them to open up a 9 man defense. credit to the Swiss they defended with discipline.

Im sure if Spain played the same as Switzerland did they would have won the game. Just sit back and wait for a counter attack or set piece. but the Spanish just dnt play like that, and are actually one of the very few teams in this world who want to play positive football.

yep :mmmyah:

alot of teams have been playing like this
ive never seen sooo many draws and narrow wins (except germany)

i think the attacking teams like argentina spain uruguay germany
will have problems

i wouldnt be surprised if s.korea and argentina tie tomorrow
watch everyone tie tomorrow

TSA
06-17-2010, 03:12 AM
south korea will beat or tie with argentina.
the way argentina played against nigeria showed a team that wasn't what its hype proclaims while south korea plays the type of disciplined game with team work and tenacity that would be the end of argentina

they should have blown out nigeria with how hard we were sucking in the first half, but didn't

TSA
06-17-2010, 03:14 AM
also those fucking south african horns are the shit lol.

Jammin
06-17-2010, 07:02 AM
http://s2.noelshack.com/uploads/images/441479097675_vuvuzidane.gif

RALPH WIGGUM
06-17-2010, 07:24 AM
the keeper took the guy out. The call was right.
Took the guy out? He barely touched him, suarez dived.

Argentina's playing good, lol at that korean goal.
I hope Tevez scores

http://s2.noelshack.com/uploads/images/441479097675_vuvuzidane.gif

lol good times

cap
06-17-2010, 08:01 AM
lol good times

best times ever!

zooruka
06-17-2010, 08:28 AM
yay argentina !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still wasn`t a 100% happy with there game...south korea played well and almost got back into it...I kinda feel sorry for them.

Seriously the quality of the goals in this world cup is really poor...they are average at best.

u.s.a 94 was and still is the best world cup of modern times.

peace be with you !

RALPH WIGGUM
06-17-2010, 10:03 AM
The greeks suck, they only started playing after they cheated and got kaita out. Fags.
I hope Taiwo scores.

cap
06-17-2010, 01:42 PM
I hope mexico kicks some french ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love maradona even more for saying the french are arrogant bastards!!

go MEHICO

chiba
06-17-2010, 02:13 PM

go MEHICO

lmfao!!! maradona is the kanye of footy....love it
:mexico::mexico::mexico::mexico:

RALPH WIGGUM
06-17-2010, 02:26 PM
This French team doesn't give a fuck about anything else than money anyway, they don't even care about winning or losing. Its been that way since Zidane left. Now they're no better than the Italians.
They stole their way into the world cup, so they deserve to get the fuck out as early as possible.

cap
06-17-2010, 02:28 PM
Now they're no better than the Italians.

when have they ever been better than the italians? count the stars on the jersey muthafucka! france shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence as us!

hell, uruguay got double your stars. fuck outta here.

Jammin
06-17-2010, 02:30 PM
cap calm down don't be a prick

cap
06-17-2010, 02:44 PM
cap calm down don't be a prick
when it comes to football especially the italian national team i am a prick.

cap
06-17-2010, 02:51 PM
1-0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cap
06-17-2010, 03:06 PM
2-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RALPH WIGGUM
06-17-2010, 03:26 PM
hahahaha nice
They just proved Ireland deserved to be there a hundred times more.

Cap, I meant they're no better in the sense that they're cheating punks. Because, lets be honest, Italians are the masters at cheating.

cap
06-17-2010, 03:32 PM
hahahaha nice
They just proved Ireland deserved to be there a hundred times more.

Cap, I meant they're no better in the sense that they're cheating punks. Because, lets be honest, Italians are the masters at cheating.

ok give me an example of CHEATING.

cheating is a big word. lets hear it!!

HANZO
06-17-2010, 03:48 PM
loool France

they just didnt look bothered at all. too many high paid players who didnt give a shit. the Mexicans fully deserved the game. cant recount how many times a mexican just breezed by a french player without any real challenge.

Argentina were awesome today.

Nigeria can blame Kaita for their loss. they were dominating the game and could have won easily. Kaita shouldnt have raised his leg like that, in modern football he should know that touch another player and they are gonna go down like they been shot. case in point with the Greek player, epic play acting.

South Korea should go through in this group.

Shogah
06-17-2010, 05:06 PM
Kaita displayed some major undiscipline so common for african players.

I hope that south american teams will dominate in later phases of the tournament.

food for thought
06-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Nigeria can blame Kaita for their loss. they were dominating the game and could have won easily. Kaita shouldnt have raised his leg like that, in modern football he should know that touch another player and they are gonna go down like they been shot. case in point with the Greek player, epic play acting.

i agree, what a dumbass.

they had it in the bag. their defense was doing a great job.

RALPH WIGGUM
06-17-2010, 06:15 PM
I don't agree, you can't blame a player for reacting that way, "major undiscipline"?! why cause he reacts a human way? The only one to blame is the greek for diving.
Like, Cap, thats to me an exemple of cheating, provoking a player, putting on an act to make him believe you want to fight, and then going down the second he touches you. Like Materazzi did to Zidane, he provoled him till Zidane hit him and received a red card.
And another example, a better one. During Scotland/Italy, the last game for the qualifications to the Euro 2008, Italy robbed the qualification to the Scottish. I don't remember which player dived, which led to a free kick, which led to the winning goal being scored.
Because if it still needs to be said, diving is cheating.

Ghost In The 'Lac
06-17-2010, 06:35 PM
CHICHORITO TIME

Im actually in mexico right now, watched the game in local bar. good shit. france fucking pathetic bunch of players. they dont care. overrated players, too.

Art Vandelay
06-17-2010, 08:02 PM
South African Vuvuzela Philharmonic Angered By Soccer Games Breaking Out During Concerts
JUNE 17, 2010 | ISSUE 46•24

JOHANNESBURG—Members of the South Africa Vuvuzela Philharmonic Orchestra, widely considered to be among the best large-scale monotonic wind instrument ensembles in the world, told reporters Friday they were furious over the recent outbreaks of international soccer matches during their traditional outdoor concerts.

"I cannot imagine what is getting into these football teams that they would suddenly begin full-scale international competition just when we are beginning our 2010 concert series," said Dr. Stefan Coetzee, the Philharmonic's program and concert director. "It is disrespectful to the performers, it is disrespectful to the music itself, and by extension, it is disrespectful to the great nation of South Africa."

Spontaneous high-caliber soccer games have thus far plagued every orchestral vuvuzela performance of the season, which opened June 11 at Cape Town Stadium. As musicians took their places in the stands and began warming up for the evening's performance of lighter pieces by post-minimalist composers, they noticed the audience was not sitting in its traditional place in the stadium's central area.

As the Philharmonic learned later, its only spectators were the national football sides of France and Uruguay, who played to a 0-0 tie as the frustrated vuvuzela virtuosi played a full program of concerti written for the distinctive straight plastic horn.

"A virtually empty house is highly unusual in a vuvuzela-mad nation such as South Africa," said first-chair vuvuzela player Moses Mtegume, who is known as the "Father of the Vuvuzela" and considered a national treasure. "And because concerts are held in the round—the better to appreciate the sonorous tonality of the massed instruments—a performer gets a sense of the crowd early."

"It doesn't even seem like these football players are paying attention to us," Mtegume added. "In fact, I would go so far as to say they are trying to ignore us."

The following days, during which a string of large-scale vuvuzela performances were held, saw the unusual events repeat in Johnnesburg, Durban, Pretoria, and Port Elizabeth as audience after audience was driven away by FIFA national football teams. As a result, the South Africa Vuvzela Philharmonic, which is supported solely by money from ticket sales, has suffered staggering losses financially. And the musicians, many of whom trained for years and underwent a harrowing audition process to earn one of the orchestra's 50,000 seats, said the biggest blow was to their professional pride.

"Do you know how difficult it is to get everyone situated, tuned, and focused for a vuvuzela concert?" said Julliard-trained vuvuzelist Donald Frederick Gordon, a noted soloist and renowned performer whose boyhood dream of playing vuvuzela in every stadium in South Africa is now at risk. "These brash, inconsiderate outbursts of impromptu athletics have made us a laughingstock of the international music community. We have already had cancellations from the Vienna Boy's Choir and guest director Seiji Ozawa, who no doubt fear for their reputation should the Philharmonic continue to be mocked by these incongruous sportsmen."

In order to save its concert season, the orchestra has scheduled a special benefit concert for July 11 at Johannesburg's Soccer City Stadium. The orchestra will be accompanied by 8,000 special guest vuvuzela players from Ghana and the Ivory Coast, and the concert program will include the debut of new single-tone compositions by Philip Glass, Arvo Pärt, and vuvuzela fan Mark Mothersbaugh.

The musicians said they are thrilled to be performing in the nation's most prominent stadium, which is capable of holding up to 12,500 standing concertgoers in its grassy central section.

"This will be a vuvuzela tour de force the likes of which the world has never seen," Dr. Coetzee said. "We are very close to an agreement with Placido Domingo, who we're confident will show us how the greatest living tenor sings the B-flat-below-middle-C that makes the vuvuzela so magical. It will truly be a night for the ages, with, we hope, no sign of football rivals battling it out for global supremacy where the audience should be."

"We've already sold a couple dozen tickets to people in Brazil and Argentina," Dr. Coetzee added. "Mark my words, on July 11, the eyes and ears of the world will be on South Africa."

Ghost In The 'Lac
06-17-2010, 08:29 PM
haha thats brilliant.

theheavens
06-17-2010, 08:57 PM
The greeks suck, they only started playing after they cheated and got kaita out. Fags.
I hope Taiwo scores.

he knows what he's talking about

chiba
06-17-2010, 09:35 PM
vuvezuela is fuggin whack
it was good to hear the mexican fans chant
usually u can hear the brits make some noise

i dunno whats up with france
they havnt started with henry

mexico and uruguay should go through

south korea had a bad day
i think they will step it up next game

cap
06-18-2010, 03:48 AM
Like, Cap, thats to me an exemple of cheating, provoking a player, putting on an act to make him believe you want to fight, and then going down the second he touches you. Like Materazzi did to Zidane, he provoled him till Zidane hit him and received a red card.
And another example, a better one. During Scotland/Italy, the last game for the qualifications to the Euro 2008, Italy robbed the qualification to the Scottish. I don't remember which player dived, which led to a free kick, which led to the winning goal being scored.
Because if it still needs to be said, diving is cheating.

there isnt a player in the world who wouldnt have done the exact same thing as materazzi! and thats a fact!

and other countries dont dive? diving is a part of football right now.
you're reaching hard!!

famenchuan
06-18-2010, 06:55 AM
there isnt a player in the world who wouldnt have done the exact same thing as materazzi! and thats a fact!

and other countries dont dive? diving is a part of football right now.
you're reaching hard!!

yeah, there are coaches that teach players how to be sneaky with their dives

famenchuan
06-18-2010, 07:07 AM
sucks for germany. shit load of cards this game already

Rame
06-18-2010, 07:08 AM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Germany.

famenchuan
06-18-2010, 07:08 AM
serbiaaaaaa. This will be another upset.

cap
06-18-2010, 07:09 AM
wow serbia actually in the lead!!
nobody is safe in the world cup!

zooruka
06-18-2010, 07:22 AM
wow serbia actually in the lead!!
nobody is safe in the world cup!

credit to serbia they have really neutralized the germans.

I think the ref is card happy though

peace be with you !

cap
06-18-2010, 07:24 AM
credit to serbia they have really neutralized the germans.

I think the ref is card happy though

peace be with you !

thanks for the peace.

hectis
06-18-2010, 07:35 AM
bad bad game by the refs

famenchuan
06-18-2010, 07:46 AM
they missed a pk. hahaha.

cap
06-18-2010, 07:50 AM
what the fuck is up with these players touching the ball with their hands!!!!!

famenchuan
06-18-2010, 08:00 AM
another yellow was just given out

11th Chamber
06-18-2010, 08:22 AM
Great win for Serbia.

One of the few WC games so far thats kept my attention all the way thru

HANZO
06-18-2010, 08:23 AM
cant believe i will say this but Germany got fucked by the refs. really awful decisions in this match.

but they had the penalty and loads of other chances. sadly they all fell to Podolski who was absolutely shit today. i dnt know why they took off Ozil, cause after he went off Germany ran out of ideas.

MeSa
06-18-2010, 08:30 AM

ahahahahaha Belgians have so mad love for us *;

Shogah
06-18-2010, 08:46 AM
http://www.calciobook.it/wp-content//jova.jpg

Great win by Serbia today. Finally we have started our campaign, and more important we beat our archenemies the Germans.

What is concerning is the players who keep touching ball with their hands, in last championship we had that twice happening against coast d'ivoire and now twice on this championship.

Shogah
06-18-2010, 08:55 AM
now GO SLOVENIA!

Sense-A
06-18-2010, 09:00 AM
Go usa!!

Sense-A
06-18-2010, 09:14 AM
NoooooOOOOoooo