PDA

View Full Version : Kick-Ass

KZA
04-14-2010, 11:44 PM
saw it last night. awesome movie. i won't spoil it. if you've read the book its accurate except for some parts.

i saw the rza there too last night. along with the cast (except cage), matthew vaughn, jonah hill, jon, voight, etc.

Jin10304
04-15-2010, 01:05 AM
SPOILERS

Does Red Mist still become the arch enemy at the end?

KZA
04-15-2010, 04:08 PM
yea him and kick-ass have their small fight scene towards the end

oDoUoSoKo
04-17-2010, 10:34 PM
man, i actually liked it..eloels, interesting changes from the comic..

KZA
04-17-2010, 10:57 PM
If I had to choose, I'd pick the comic, but I'm not taking anything away from the movie, except the fact that they left out the most emotional line in the whole comic...

"Can I have a hug? My dad just died."

Bobby_Digital72
04-17-2010, 11:05 PM
theres a comic ? I watchd it yesterday and walkd out "wtf?"..I had no idea the movie was like be like that ...

oDoUoSoKo
04-17-2010, 11:06 PM
ya...they made a comic based on the movie............................................. ..

netscape check two
04-17-2010, 11:29 PM
During the preview, I thought it might be another Spy Kids sequel. Until the rated R came on at the end.

Dr. Simon Hurt
04-18-2010, 05:24 PM
ya...they made a comic based on the movie............................................. ..

lol...that's funny.

basically the comic is a movie pitch with built in storyboards. i think of the 8 issues in the series, the first 3 or 4 were done before the movie entered production, and the rest were done concurrently...iirc

i thought it was ok...the tone felt off in some scenes, and i really found kick ass' character lame and boring and was way more interested in big daddy and hit girl...just like in the comic. it was a weird hybrid of guy ritchie, judd apatow, and an 8 year old's imagination.

3.5/5

KZA
04-18-2010, 08:09 PM
didn't it take 2 years to finish kick-ass?

the script for the movie and the comic were being written at the same time weren't they?

Bobby_Digital72
04-19-2010, 02:34 AM
I'd give it 4/5 just for the shock value. I thought Fogle was lame .His Dad practiced MA you'd think the Seed would of got some lessons too.. My fav part was when she uses that rope/wire to grab dudes gun and then makes him shoot himself with it ..that was pretty bad ass..

Not Frontin
04-25-2010, 02:42 PM
They fucked this movie up. Red Mist was suuposed to be dope not super fuckin lame. They were supposed to introduce him AS Red Mist and then reveal him to be the mobsters son. That way you're shocked and surprised by the turn. Hit Girl didnt do cocaine at the end to power up like the comic and the jetpack was super wack along with the bazooka. They should've done the comic ending with the meat cleaver to the head.

And that new Red Mist mask is supposed to be cool? Man. They failed with that McLovin faggot.

sdeblasi
05-03-2010, 11:34 AM
saw this last night and i liked it...dont understand the hate

awesome action scenes throughout and it was funny as hell

Longbongcilvaringz
05-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Yeah, it was ok, some great parts, some horrible parts. Kick Ass was a fucking herb.

I don't know, did anyone else cringe when Red Mist is smoking the joint and says some gay shit like "I find a little weed helps me fight better" or whatever?

Jesus.

But Nick Cage and the chick were good, every scene they were involved in was dope.

All the teen angst shit was annoying though, i was kind of waiting for him to get shot intervening in a bar fight which unfortunately never happened.

INF
05-03-2010, 02:40 PM
They fucked this movie up. Red Mist was suuposed to be dope not super fuckin lame. They were supposed to introduce him AS Red Mist and then reveal him to be the mobsters son. That way you're shocked and surprised by the turn. Hit Girl didnt do cocaine at the end to power up like the comic and the jetpack was super wack along with the bazooka. They should've done the comic ending with the meat cleaver to the head.

And that new Red Mist mask is supposed to be cool? Man. They failed with that McLovin faggot.

WHOA ... I need to read this comic then. I havent seen the flick yet but its up on my list in the top 3 zone of things to watch

Dr. Simon Hurt
05-03-2010, 05:30 PM
red mist was supposed to be alot cooler, and yes his redesign was shit...also, hit girl and big daddy are actually somewhat toned down in the film...the comic has some of the teen angst stuff but it's not so prevalent

I don't know, did anyone else cringe when Red Mist is smoking the joint and says some gay shit like "I find a little weed helps me fight better" or whatever?

most of the scenes with mclovin made me cringe a little bit.

INF
05-03-2010, 07:42 PM
what comic label is this on? Vertigo or some other indie???

EAGLE EYE
05-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Movie looks cringe worthy.

Hollywood is really pushing forward with this 'coming of age' , 'socially awkward' theme for the last two-three years.

Uncle Steezo
05-03-2010, 09:52 PM
the movie was awesome.
by now people should realize that a movie will never compare to the book.
why?
books are brought to life by your imagination, which makes a movie scene look xtra shitty by comparison.

but you forget that the Kick-Ass you love exists only in your head. and each version differs from person to person cause its your own personal interpretation of what happens between the panels.

streaming link to Kick Ass
http://www.divxden.com/fj1hj78t1ulj/kckasbackup.divx.html

Longbongcilvaringz
05-04-2010, 05:21 AM
I don't regret seeing it. It was definitely entertaining, it was just brought down by some lame shit.

KZA
05-04-2010, 06:15 PM
what comic label is this on? Vertigo or some other indie???

Icon

Buzk
05-06-2010, 05:58 PM
big fan of the comic so I was bound to get atleast a little dissapointed. they did a great job with it tho, and nailed the climax very well.
I would give it like 4/5

btw: hitgirl is a.w.e.s.o.m.e.

LORD NOSE
05-08-2010, 09:00 PM
iLL mOvie

100pr00f
08-04-2010, 07:17 PM
just dropped on dvd...picked it up pretty good...kick ass was wack..but threw him u were introduced to 2 real crime fighters...and hit girl was dope...

whitey
08-10-2010, 09:46 AM
the movie was pretty dope.

djskillz
08-10-2010, 02:33 PM
still have yet to see it all the way through. got it on the computer though so i'm gonna check it out.

CEITEDMOFO
08-15-2010, 05:01 PM

YOUR A FAGGiT

Lex Lugor
09-29-2010, 06:44 AM
Man... I haven't enjoyed nick cage's presence in films in a good long while, but dude nailed it in this movie.
Kick ass was a total weeny tho.
DOPE fuckin movie. Just made my night!

RADIOACTIVE MAN
09-29-2010, 07:47 AM
this move was dope as fuck to me,its one of those things u go into the cinema expecting something else but then u end up watching a serious shitstorm,that lil girl was ill