PDA

View Full Version : Props To Don Corneilus For Putting Soul Train TV Show Out

CharlesJones
04-16-2010, 11:02 AM
I saw a commercial today for old Soul Train tv show and the episodes are available on dvd and the show also has a website. I wanna get the episodes so i can see performances from black artists and see people on there dancing. Soul Train was a pioneering black music show and Don Corneilus is the man for putting it together. I used to watch it sometimes when i was a kid and he had a lot of good black artists on there. Soul Train was just like American Bandstand. Only difference was Soul Train never had any white music artists on there LOL. I wonder how old Don is now. He also put together Soul Train music awards show. I think Don also helped black record company owner Dick Griffey put together Solar records that had good artists such as Midnight Star, Lakeside, The Deele(Babyface was with this group), Shalamar, The Whispers.

CharlesJones
04-16-2010, 12:29 PM
Amazon.com has 2 Soul Train dvd's but they're currently unavailable. Time Life magazine website has the box set which includes 9 dvd's of the show and it's $149.95. I'm gonna get that eventually.

food for thought
04-16-2010, 12:49 PM
I wanna get the episodes so i can see performances from black artists and see people on there dancing.

what the highest level of education youve recieved, chstles?