PDA

View Full Version : Somebody find zooruka quick! Jesus is not with me.

Lex Lugor
04-16-2010, 11:18 PM
This is the fourth telephone pole that shut off as I walked by!

I walk the dog every night, at the very least one mile, very least, if there is good music ive found myself walking up to three. Anyway yea, they have been going off just as I pass under them, or even in two cases from across the street. First time was like 'whoa, it just got really dark'. Second time, hmm. Third time Okay this is getting weird. And now not fifteen minutes ago, it happened again, so I have bookmarked alot of google searches on the subject and plan to get to em a lil later but I thought i'd get some of that freshly squeezed wu-corp opinionade.

Lex Lugor
04-16-2010, 11:23 PM
Holy smokes
On wikipedia they kinda treat the reported occurrences that happened multiple times as a hoax, but yo shit happened to me, on four different light poles, on four different occasions. The coincidence explanation only goes so far.

EAGLE EYE
04-16-2010, 11:23 PM
Well first of all you obviously aren't wearing your tin foil hat or wearing white boots.

Lex Lugor
04-16-2010, 11:41 PM
The phenomenon is known as street lamp interference, or SLI, and it possibly is a psychic event that is just beginning to be recognized and studied. Like most phenomena of this type, the evidence is almost exclusively anecdotal. I have received several stories like the one above from readers.

Typically, a person who has this effect on streetlights - also known as a SLIder - finds that the light switches on or off when he or she walks or drives beneath it. Obviously, this could happen occasionally by chance with a faulty streetlight (you've probably noticed that it's happened to you once in a while), but SLIders claim that it happens to them on a regular basis. It doesn't happen every time with every streetlight, but it occurs often enough to make these people suspect that something unusual is going on.
Very often, SLIders also report that they tend to have an odd effect on other electronic devices. In letters I've received, these people claim such effects as:

Appliances such as lamps and TVs go on and off without being touched.
Lightbulbs constantly blow when the SLIder tries to turn them off or on.
Volume levels change on TVs, radios, and CD players.
Watches stop working.
Children's electronic toys start by themselves when the SLIder is present.
Credit cards and other magnetically encoded cards are damaged or erased when in their possession.

SLider? Okan now, I feel like I should be a character in that movie push or something

SKAMPOE
04-16-2010, 11:45 PM
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb165/skampoe/nocturnalgraves-1-1-1.jpg

Lex Lugor
04-16-2010, 11:46 PM
Although the SLI effect is not a conscious one, some SLIders report that when it does occur, they often are in an extreme emotional state. A state of anger or stress is often cited as the "cause."

LMFAO! yea, whatever, I see why this is not taken srsly.
I was walking by with my ipod deciphering killah priest scriptures and possibly pondering milf wooing tactics. heavy

EAGLE EYE
04-16-2010, 11:53 PM
Chilis has the best sliders.

Uncle Steezo
04-16-2010, 11:59 PM
starchild?
take the quiz
http://www.drboylan.com/starkididqstnr.html

Lex Lugor
11-19-2010, 06:22 PM
HAHAHA@ the darkest knights promo. But yea, im not just randomly bumping old threads, this still happens to me often.