PDA

View Full Version : that word -> l-o-v-e

nut_end
10-04-2005, 08:18 PM
love . . . is it something that is physical or/and mental? can you see/tell when it is or isn't? is it created or does it exist on it'ss own? does it have conditions to be called real love vis a vsi true love? if love is a/the bond, what are the intertwining fibers - trust, truth, happiness, peace? is love blind or does love have/wear blinders? is passion, rapture and yes lust facets of love itself? would that make lust blind love? can something be loved too much? does love have a vice? is putting in body and soul same as putting in love? if love is so feminine, why do guys tend to go all out for some to call their own? does love change its mold or do we reform it world? is loving someone as an object less than as a subject - for what versus for who? if fools are more readily to love, wise men take precautions and angels know not how - are you more like ly to be one of the three or admixture of two or three?

GET LOVE OR LIVE TRYING

LHX
10-04-2005, 09:05 PM
love is the relationship between two things

LHX
10-04-2005, 09:05 PM
any two things

SubtleEnergies
10-05-2005, 12:54 AM
You sound like Rumi X.

I don't even know if I am capable of it sometimes...

nut_end
11-15-2005, 06:28 AM
so if person a loves themselves but hates person b, and person b is doing the same in regards to person a, what love is there in that relationship. that seems to be a relation of something other than love?

K.E.G.
11-15-2005, 07:51 AM
love sounds needed...........

it is whether love is defined by your heart or your mental
love is when both the heart and mental are used for the effects of affecting.

love is too broad to care about intricately. when faced with the question of what love is, it must not be working properly. when you step inside its about fear. when you fear absolutely nothing and breathe in, everything that you now consider your harmless and mutual counterparts can be destroyed or easily manipulated into loving again.

JASPER
11-15-2005, 08:50 AM
Love is for fagits. I just want the cooch.

Malcom Guevera
11-15-2005, 02:14 PM
Love is an elevation of conciousness. MAN and WOMAN differ in levels of love being the woman is the reciever of emmotions and the man is the giver. Love is represented in WESTERN SOCIETY with the image of V-SHAPED hart that in reality is a flame, this flame represents the AURA of man.

LHX
11-15-2005, 02:26 PM
love is the relationship between any two things

Malcom Guevera
11-15-2005, 05:26 PM
love is the relationship between any two things
thats iggnorant becuase a relationship doesnt automatically create LOVE.

LHX
11-15-2005, 05:28 PM
thats iggnorant becuase a relationship doesnt automatically create LOVE.
of course it does

you dont love me?

i love you

and the wind loves the dirt

and the moon loves the earth

thats just the way it is

the only choice you have is whether to acknowledge the love or not

god loves you

Strange Fruit
11-15-2005, 06:36 PM
of course it does

you dont love me?

i love you

and the wind loves the dirt

and the moon loves the earth

thats just the way it is

the only choice you have is whether to acknowledge the love or not

god loves you

word. but then again, i believe it differs for what type of person you are.
it like, comes to people in strange and unique forms that only the person experiecing it can really relate to... i might say that love is a bitch an di hate it, but you could've had a totally different experience and say that love is beautiful and it lifts you up so high and so on and so forth....

yep.

LHX
11-15-2005, 06:37 PM
yes

i agree that the experience is different all around

thats what makes love
lovely

hectis
11-16-2005, 02:06 PM
Love Is A Peaceful State Of Mind To Be In When U Love Someone And They Love U Back U Are Happy Mentaly Most Of The Time And Love Can Get U Therew Bad Times Love Can Also Be One Of The Worst Feelings To Have I Mean Have U Ever Loved Someone Who Does Not Love U Back It Makes U Feel So Worthless As Far As What Is Love To Me Love Is The Only True Form Of Peace Because If U Love Someone U R In Peace With Them Now For Loves Evil Twin Lust Well That Is A Confused State Of Fake Love Like When Someone Is Cheating With Someone A Lot of Times That Is Lust AND MOST OF THE TIME IT RUINS REAL LOVE When Two People Are Together But Relly Don't Love Eachother Thats Is Lust The Line Between Love And Lust Is So Thin It Can Fool Even The Greatist Of Minds Just Remember To Keep The Love Strong And The Hate Week

Potent1
11-16-2005, 02:18 PM
nah its an illusion, its endorfins that cause you to feel good inside brought on by a whisper, a touch or just a look. Thats why it comes in spurts, like when you think about a person, you relate the thing you like that most which releases endorfins.....so love is really like being high, thats why you can't think straight half the muthalovin time.

next time you want to feel love, smoke a fatty and call it a day, it's easier.

next session: 1 hour 10 minute... Out to Lunch...

hectis
11-16-2005, 02:21 PM
nah its an illusion, its endorfins that cause you to feel good inside brought on by a whisper, a touch or just a look. Thats why it comes in spurts, like when you think about a person, you relate the thing you like that most which releases endorfins.....so love is really like being high, thats why you can't think straight half the muthalovin time.

IF LOVE IS LIKE BEING HIGH THEN LOVE IS THE BEST DRUG THERE IS AND IS MY FAVERT HIGH

Potent1
11-16-2005, 03:19 PM
yeah but it doesn't last forever and when it wears off - you fiend for more.... thas abusive.

nut_end
11-16-2005, 03:54 PM
by saying its a drug high by caiused by the body means that we create the love that we put on others hopping they will receive and give back in due measure. so if they reject then we feel likr a crash after the high and feel burned two fold from the rejecter and then from the work up. endorphins are the low end of love, love is more mental than a bodily function. experience love without working endorphins which get testosterone /estrogen flowing to run out and have somebody release the builted up pressure. things that make sense in life with respect to nature and life show elements of life but don't jump start the physical. a mind state that can accept /derive love as a level of balanced feeling/emotion will be in a state of peace within and with that out side.

if love is an illusion then all life is pain and misery, and we form groups clicks and what nots for the love of the company. so we dupe ourselves thinking its love and cause more pain with no course to heal it just perpetuate. love is an instinct that is /should be controlled by intution. control your wild passions in the unruly heart that have the horses looking wild. love ain't no hard science nor an artt form applied liberally, love is something you learn to do, apply and react to/with.

Aqueous Moon
11-16-2005, 03:57 PM
Love is understanding...and I think you have expressed that very well, nut.

Peace

Chief 'Broom
11-16-2005, 07:22 PM
love = lots of vagina everyday

Koolish
11-16-2005, 08:18 PM
no one man, NOT ONE, can tell you what love is unless he has experienced it himself. other wise he'll just sound retarded.
________
Mercedes-Benz Actros (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_Actros)

dif de la rev
02-03-2006, 02:17 AM
only way to get that info is to have a controlled experiment with a guy and girl with a random sample of girls and guys for guy and girl respectively. from there introduce a girl to the guy each day and with the girl and run neurological tests while the two are interacting and then have the guy or girl talk about it psychological to a psychiatristthe two being the conscience and conscious like love is a science that can be pack up and said " love thou art that which thy self as thee others of this forum have come to form ums"

num2son
02-03-2006, 09:21 AM
http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=19Z0JFHCRFIJG2VP9M51NFMBKP

thwak
02-03-2006, 02:57 PM
love http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/JPG/pron.jpg (https://secure.reference.com/premium/login.html?rd=2&u=http%3A%2F%2Fdictionary.reference.com%2Fsearch%3 Fq%3Dlove) ( P ) Pronunciation Key (http://dictionary.reference.com/help/ahd4/pronkey.html) (lhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/ubreve.gifv)
n.
A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness.
A feeling of intense desire and attraction toward a person with whom one is disposed to make a pair; the emotion of sex and romance.

Sexual passion.
Sexual intercourse.
A love affair.
An intense emotional attachment, as for a pet or treasured object.
A person who is the object of deep or intense affection or attraction; beloved. Often used as a term of endearment.
An expression of one's affection: Send him my love.

A strong predilection or enthusiasm: a love of language.
The object of such an enthusiasm: The outdoors is her greatest love.
Love Mythology. Eros or Cupid.
often Love Christianity. Charity.
Sports. A zero score in tennis. apparently that's love...

nah for real love is when your pretty much in a state of peace or emotional bonding with one person, kinda like you get along with each other well and are used to each other.
I belive love is constant, it's just sometimes people forget that love is always there and fuck it up.

Sexy Jasper
02-03-2006, 04:52 PM
Love is what I feel for Erika. Love is surpressing other feelings. Love is seeing things differently than they are. Love is when your life belongs to someone else. Love is disgusting.

Mumm Ra
02-04-2006, 08:00 PM
To give seeking nothing in return

My First Timbs
02-07-2006, 01:19 AM
love is nothing but a quantifiable biochemical reaction involving evolved responses particularly for social animals.

its primarily controlled by the hormone testosterone

there are 3 forms of this thing we define as "love"

lust, romance and attachment

lust is an evolutionarily designed cognition that gets a social creature in the mode of "looking for a potential mate"

romance is an evolutionarily designed cognition and enduring chemical response that is designed to make a social animal focus all their mating energy on one idividual at a time (selectivity)

attachment (the last phase) is evolutionarily designed behavior/emotional response (driven by endorphins, dopamine and serotonin (also known as the "pleasure principle").. the purpose of attachment in social animals is to ensure the survival of the resultant offspring by way of possession of more than one parental figure during crucial years of child rearing

www.acalltosanity.com

dif de la rev
02-07-2006, 07:16 PM
being that the very essence of what makes love is as varioius as the ways a person can love another from unconditional to every condition. love is ascribed to an aspect that shines through the usual day to day the je ne sais quoi you can't put ypour finger with out smudging nor can tell how affects that whole person - kind of like finding the needle in the haystack being what love then use that to find the pattern to the cloth the person's totality while not getting blinded by the golden glow that has some change for love.

just never redress love asking why the change . . . love is the same as to how seen just not how see at first sight.

KidDiamonds617
02-07-2006, 09:14 PM
Ir seems to me like the connection between two life forms mentaly is nature's way of saying Hello ....

june181972
06-23-2006, 09:57 AM
Love=Supreme Understanding

We have the physical and emotional
But the true test is to achieve Love mentally (knowledge-> wisdom-> understanding)

This will lead one to the next and Supreme step, Spiritually

The Love of God Scientifically not mystically

brown_dogg
06-23-2006, 11:45 AM
love is nothing but a quantifiable biochemical reaction involving evolved responses particularly for social animals.

its primarily controlled by the hormone testosterone

there are 3 forms of this thing we define as "love"

lust, romance and attachment

lust is an evolutionarily designed cognition that gets a social creature in the mode of "looking for a potential mate"

romance is an evolutionarily designed cognition and enduring chemical response that is designed to make a social animal focus all their mating energy on one idividual at a time (selectivity)

attachment (the last phase) is evolutionarily designed behavior/emotional response (driven by endorphins, dopamine and serotonin (also known as the "pleasure principle").. the purpose of attachment in social animals is to ensure the survival of the resultant offspring by way of possession of more than one parental figure during crucial years of child rearing

www.acalltosanity.com (http://www.acalltosanity.com)

I'm pretty sure the "lust" phase is controlled by increased amounts of Dopamines in the brain. The "romance/attachment" phase is driven by a chemical called Oxytocin which stimulates "bonding" with your partner.

Strange Fruit
06-24-2006, 07:42 PM
oh come on,,,

have you fallen in love yet?

hectis
06-25-2006, 12:10 AM
Love Is Love There Is Nothing Like It

My First Timbs
06-25-2006, 09:51 AM
I'm pretty sure the "lust" phase is controlled by increased amounts of Dopamines in the brain. The "romance/attachment" phase is driven by a chemical called Oxytocin which stimulates "bonding" with your partner.

indeed oxytocin plays a major role !

in my studies of non human primates (mainly Chimps and Cynomolgus Monkeys) this neurotransmitter primarily comes into play during actual sexual stimulation (as seen in gential stimulation in cynomolgus monkeys)...this can be correlated to human female orgasm

so in a nutshell, i wholeheartedly wanted to second what u stated on how it does play a role, but normally when this neurotransmitter is in play in humans, the mating pair has already been deeply committed in the romace phase already.

the endocrinology of the lust phase (which leads to the romance) is dictated by testostrone and pleasure principals (serotonin), (dopamine) and even sometimes PDE5 inhibitors

My First Timbs
06-25-2006, 09:53 AM
oh come on,,,

have you fallen in love yet?

ive "fallen in love" a few times

CherChezLaMarauder
06-26-2006, 01:32 PM

THAT'S GOD AWFULLY CYNICAL

Ke$ha
06-26-2006, 05:27 PM
Love meeee i love youuuuu.......AIII dreeeeam about youuuuuu.....
Everyone has their own defenition of the wor(L)d LOVE...

LORD ZERO
06-26-2006, 05:44 PM
Love Sucks.......its A Curse, But Dats Just My Recent Outlook On It..

WU-KILLAH
06-26-2006, 06:30 PM
Those who think love is just a kind of chemical reaction have obviously never really experienced it in my opinion.

My First Timbs
06-26-2006, 08:42 PM
Those who think love is just a kind of chemical reaction have obviously never really experienced it in my opinion.

thats not true at all

just because one can understand the exact mechanism of something, does not in anyway mean that one can never experience the effects of that "something"

in all honesty, once i truly learned the nature of love from a biological, evolutionary and chemical standpoint, i started having alot more respect and admiration for it...

once u understand the biochemical basis for it, u then start to realize exactly how "special" and remarkable this adaptation we call "love" is for us simians.

WU-KILLAH
06-27-2006, 05:02 AM
Interesting answer as usual.
But how can you explain that among all the girlfriends I had in my life there is only one that made me so crazy of her. I mean there is no rational reason ... why her ? she's not necessary the most beautiful girl I had or the most perfect, but if she's far Im sad ... not because I want to fuck her, just because I need to have her with me. It's not my testosterone who make me feel that way.
I don't contest there is a biological and chemical process ... but the starting point isn't "rational".

CherChezLaMarauder
06-27-2006, 08:45 AM
Please Don't Listen To First Timbs, Wu-killah. The Man Breathes Helium, Shits Out His Mouth And Consumes Thru Photosynthesis. He's Not Human. People Like Him Potray Life As Meaningless And Robotic.

tacle
06-27-2006, 08:47 AM
I believe in love.

Ghost In The 'Lac
06-27-2006, 09:24 AM
sometimes i tihnk its a mental illness. like you cant get somehting out of your mind it can fuck you up

CherChezLaMarauder
06-27-2006, 09:38 AM
Misused & Abused. People Look For It Like It's Egg Hunting On Easter Sunday. People Try To Manipulate Your Mind By Telling You All These Deep "feelings" They Have For You, Yet The Sincererity Is Questionable At The Very Least. People Have Their Own Personal Voids And Throw Love Around To Fill That Void, Where They Really Have No True Knowledge Of That Other Person. People Are In Love With Being In Love. If You're Lucky You Befriend Someone That Will Eventually Have That Feeling We Call "love". Unconditional; Whether You're Fat, Ugly, Bald, Smelly Etc. Many Times People Try To Tell You That Have Feelings, Or They Miss You, Or They Think About You, Or Even Go As Far As Saying They Love You. But After A Certain Period Amount Of Time They'll Find Someone Else And You'll Hear Less From Them. Me Personally, I'm Wise Enough To See Through All The Personal Agendas & Objectives. Many Of These People Aren't Sincere What They Tell You. Which Is Why I Put Up That Invisible Wall In Front Of Me, Not Allowing Myself To Be Vulnerable Around Confused And Unstable People.

Strange Fruit
06-27-2006, 09:52 AM
Misused & Abused. People Look For It Like It's Egg Hunting On Easter Sunday. People Try To Manipulate Your Mind By Telling You All These Deep "feelings" They Have For You, Yet The Sincererity Is Questionable At The Very Least. People Have Their Own Personal Voids And Throw Love Around To Fill That Void, Where They Really Have No True Knowledge Of That Other Person. People Are In Love With Being In Love. If You're Lucky You Befriend Someone That Will Eventually Have That Feeling We Call "love". Unconditional; Whether You're Fat, Ugly, Bald, Smelly Etc. Many Times People Try To Tell You That Have Feelings, Or They Miss You, Or They Think About You, Or Even Go As Far As Saying They Love You. But After A Certain Period Amount Of Time They'll Find Someone Else And You'll Hear Less From Them. Me Personally, I'm Wise Enough To See Through All The Personal Agendas & Objectives. Many Of These People Aren't Sincere What They Tell You. Which Is Why I Put Up That Invisible Wall In Front Of Me, Not Allowing Myself To Be Vulnerable Around Confused And Unstable People.
i love it when you make sense.

CherChezLaMarauder
06-27-2006, 10:03 AM
Haha.....thanx....it's An Obstacle To Catch My Interest...otherwise I Just Act Ig'nant

WU-KILLAH
06-27-2006, 10:17 AM
Please Don't Listen To First Timbs, Wu-killah. The Man Breathes Helium, Shits Out His Mouth And Consumes Thru Photosynthesis. He's Not Human. People Like Him Potray Life As Meaningless And Robotic.

Of course I listen to what he says, I don't share his opinion but I find it interesting and he's one of the rare person on these boards not hating.
I consider myself being a rational person even though I think science don't have the monopoly of the Truth.

CherChezLaMarauder
06-27-2006, 10:21 AM
Yea Yea, I Know...

"booo Hoooo, It's My Opinion Respect My Opinion"

Lol 'eff That. I'll Shit On It If I Find It Absurd. I Wouldn't Question His Intellect For A Second, But Homeboy Outthinks Himself Way Too Much.....

Oh Yea, In My Opinion

WU-KILLAH
06-27-2006, 12:12 PM
Lol ... I just shit on those who hate, and there are many of these in KTL.

My First Timbs
06-27-2006, 05:33 PM
Interesting answer as usual.
But how can you explain that among all the girlfriends I had in my life there is only one that made me so crazy of her. I mean there is no rational reason ... why her ? she's not necessary the most beautiful girl I had or the most perfect, but if she's far Im sad ... not because I want to fuck her, just because I need to have her with me. It's not my testosterone who make me feel that way.
I don't contest there is a biological and chemical process ... but the starting point isn't "rational".

peace wu killah

there is a rational explanation for that one special girlfriend of yours and the feelings she gave u (or currently gives u)

its basically due to 2 reasons

to answer it quickly without getting into the specifics of biochemistry and human nueral networking:

1) it has to do with the subconscious evolved cognition in recognizing a mate that could possibly yield forth successful offspring... (in contrast, more successful than previous gf's)

2) the other reason is psychological and has all to do with the social nature of us humans.. other humans that are more compatible with our personality type than others can have lasting impressions on our psyche and in turn our biochemical feeling of "happiness, security and love". once this is done a physical neural connection is made in your brain that links any memory of this girl with positive feelings (akin to nostalgia).

Muslimah
06-28-2006, 07:30 AM
Timbs, while i respect that for you everything simply boils down to chemical reactions and notions of evolution, i think that you are neglecting essential issues in something as complex as human emotion.

I do believe that multi-disciplinary approaches are essential in any epistemological pursuit. To define love, is not to simply explore the ways chemical react to establish such an emotion, but it is also to look at it through a sociological, philosophical, psychological (and so on) lens.

In working within any of these fields, we must acknowledge that there are differences of opinions not only among other fields but also within our own fields. We should not speak on complex issues in a matter of fact way because facts are so relative to those defining them.

The reason I mention this in particular in this thread is because you have spoken about Love as being simply scientific. But this is not the case especially when things are so interrelated in this world that it is virtually impossible to single out one field in order to define such a multifaceted concept.

I am always wary when it comes to defining emotions especially an emotion such as love, because I don’t believe somethin as stained as language has the capacity to do love justice.

I will leave you with one of my favorite quotes on the nature of study and science.

The renowned sociologist Shholnick states:

“Historians have learned to approach science as only one among other social constructs, and so the subject has been opened to a sort of critical analysis directed at any other form of cultural expression.”

My First Timbs
06-28-2006, 06:18 PM
peace muslimalah

i wholeheartedly understand ur post and c where u are coming from

here is a quote that sums it all up for me and has never steere me wrong in my studies and analysis of homo sapiens

"Nothing in biology makes sense regarding humanity unless it is looked at through a lens of biological evolution"

-Dobzhanski circa 1964

love (as with all human emotions) are biochemical based... hence they are part of our "biology"...

i agree that human language is a barrier to properly explaining such a mechanism in a short concise way (although it could satisfactorlily be explored and explained in a setting where "conciseness" is not needed to aid comprehension)

tacle
06-29-2006, 12:07 PM
Love was never born to say goodbye.....