PDA

View Full Version : Daddy's vs Mommy's

Queen Of Poetry
05-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Ok my sons father is going to be featured in a magazine for the fact he owns his own businesses and a "good father". Congrats to him. He deserves it cause he is.

Here's my thing. Why is it cause he stepped up and took care of his son is he considered a good father. Isn't that what he is suppose to do?

Yet I'm looked at like I'm a dirty whore on welfare cause I'm a single mom. Why?

Why r women viewed negatively when they r single moms but men r praised for taking care of their children?

PALEFORCE
05-01-2010, 12:17 PM
cuz far too many men dont take care of their kids.

but i give props to all single moms trying their best, that shit aint easy

Queen Of Poetry
05-01-2010, 12:28 PM
Well that's true. It just frustrates me cause he buys his son something and folks be like oh how nice, what a good dad. Hello! I pay for his clothes, food, healthcare, water so he can take a bath, electricity so he can see, shoes everything! And I do it by myself. I don't get child support and that was my choice. But I am here 24/7 everyday doing it and does anyone say oh ur a good mommy? Fuck no! I get the baby momma jokes and shit said about me. And dating! Forget about it. No man wants to date me even though I don't need u to help me with anything. I'm just tired of it.

INF
05-01-2010, 12:32 PM
yeah co sign pale.

thats all it is and trust QUeen , real mf's know you a good woman. The ppl that look at you in that negative light are just ignorant to the facts of life.straight up.

theDZA
05-01-2010, 12:37 PM
cuz far too many men dont take care of their kids.

but i give props to all single moms trying their best, that shit aint easy

co-sign

J-Cee
05-01-2010, 12:49 PM
yeah co sign pale.

thats all it is and trust QUeen , real mf's know you a good woman. The ppl that look at you in that negative light are just ignorant to the facts of life.straight up.

co-sign
co sign sign sign

Queen Of Poetry
05-01-2010, 12:52 PM
I guess I'm just going off on a rant or something. I'm in the park with my kids and my sister is visiting and she has her kids and their r some single dads here and I overheard some folks like patting them on the back for being good daddies. Ummm yeah hi. Then this old bitch comes over and starts talking asking where my husband is and blah blah blah and then glares at me when I tell her I'm single. Grandma and I was about to throw down.

BTTR KNG KOOL
05-01-2010, 12:58 PM
wait... are you saying that your kids father isnt paying ANY bills?

Queen Of Poetry
05-01-2010, 01:00 PM
wait... are you saying that your kids father isnt paying ANY bills?

Nope. I never took him for child support, either of my kids fathers. I just want them to be there for their kids. I mean they buy them stuff but nope I pay for everything by myself including my daughters private school tuition.

check two
05-01-2010, 01:12 PM
Why wouldn't you have the father's pay child support? Or was it 'tough' for them to start paying at the time?

TAURO
05-01-2010, 01:14 PM
I will tell you why men are praised for being good fathers Queen. Black and latin men are generally deadbeat in nature, especially those of the working class variety, so society sees fit to praise those few that stick by their children. It's really the equivalent of giving a retarded kid a gold star for being able to write his own name.

Queen Of Poetry
05-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Why wouldn't you have the father's pay child support? Or was it 'tough' for them to start paying at the time?

B/c for me it's not about money. Yeah u need it to live but for me it's the time u put in. I mean they buy their kids stuff all the time but I have never received or asked for a dime. I want them to be good fathers and they r but dang back up off me with the negative.

I've just always been about the time u put in. I'm like that with men. I don't need u buy me stuff, pay a bill or spend money on me. I just want ur time and what u put in it.

check two
05-01-2010, 01:21 PM
I understand, and it wasn't negative, it was just a normal question. /(

Queen Of Poetry
05-01-2010, 01:30 PM
I will tell you why men are praised for being good fathers Queen. Black and latin men are generally deadbeat in nature, especially those of the working class variety, so society sees fit to praise those few that stick by their children. It's really the equivalent of giving a retarded kid a gold star for being able to write his own name.

LOL

Love the analogy!

@ check the negative thing wasn't geared towards u. I know u were just askin a question. I was just sayin in general folks r negative.

INF
05-01-2010, 01:46 PM
I've just always been about the time u put in. I'm like that with men. I don't need u buy me stuff, pay a bill or spend money on me. I just want ur time and what u put in it.

thats whats up^

yo on a side note

every time I go to pay my cell bill at sprint there is the same sista telling me welcome back and she ask me what she can do for me.I always tell her the same shit "im here to pay a bill" and then she always hits me with "you gonna pay mines?"

cmon now :nonono:

every fuckin time this broad wanna ask me this shit like Im gonna start to holler.Bitch I aint fixing to holler if you askin for dough off jump street like that, fuck no.not interested. I tell her no and thats about it.I always laugh though so maybe she thinks that one of these times IM gonna say yes or try to get her number.

Yo on anotha side subject tho Queen ,IM feelin that sig you got.to a degree most of that shit is true but I vibe with number one the hardest.

Queen Of Poetry
05-01-2010, 01:57 PM
thats whats up^
yo on a side note
every time I go to pay my cell bill at sprint there is the same sista telling me welcome back and she ask me what she can do for me.I always tell her the same shit "im here to pay a bill" and then she always hits me with "you gonna pay mines?"
cmon now :nonono:
every fuckin time this broad wanna ask me this shit like Im gonna start to holler.Bitch I aint fixing to holler if you askin for dough off jump street like that, fuck no.not interested. I tell her no and thats about it.I always laugh though so maybe she thinks that one of these times IM gonna say yes or try to get her number.
Yo on anotha side subject tho Queen ,IM feelin that sig you got.to a degree most of that shit is true but I vibe with number one the hardest.

LOL

Dang she is a mess!

When I go on dates, I always pay for mines b/c I don't want a guy to think he is obligated. I want him to know that it's not about how much money u got but how u spend ur time. I'm busy and don't have alot of time so when u with me it's about the quality not the amount. U dig?

Yeah since I get accused of hating men, which I don't I love them, I figured I would put something up there for them.

INF
05-01-2010, 02:07 PM
I pay what a woman is worth.If you a real woman then I got you even if you dont like that kinda shit.I spent money on females before and they really deserved it but they fought it.They thought they were "strong" enough or whatever to be able to pay their own.down to the littlest shit. I had a real good girl one time waaay back and she just refused to let me cover anything.Some how she seen it the other way and would try and pay for all my shit.smh ... it was something else.

I know (just as well as with men) there are a lot of skank ass bitches out there that dont deserve shit. They might be in disguise too ,LOOK OUT!!! lmao. I seen em look waaay professional and good to go but then under all that gold is a big pile of 500 yr old shit.I seen real pretty girls that Dudes would Do ANYTHING to get with ...I seen em turn out to be straight whores.for real whores.nasty filthy mf whores.

I love Women. Love em!!!!! but I hate bitches. know what Im saying? I know the diff between a woman and a Bitch straight up.

Lotta bitches ruin it for good woman and the same goes for dudes.same even goes for Races ,its sad but true. it can be applied to all shit I guess.thats getting really out there though.

Queen Of Poetry
05-01-2010, 02:23 PM
I hear ya Infinity. I got that independent thing too which I'm trying to get a handle on cause men don't like that.

U know I go home and see folks and they be like oh u so and so's baby momma. I'm like no I'm (insert name). I grew up here, I got a job and 2 beautiful kids and u r? Don't label me!!!

I go on a date and I have learned to be straight up and let a nigga know I got 2 kids so they got the option. I'm not talking about sex, I'm talking about a relationship. I got a blackberry with plenty of niggas I can sex but I mean a relationship. U'd be surprised how many don't call for a 2nd date after u say u got kids. But my sons father has no problem getting a woman to be in a relationship with him. It's so frustrating.

BTTR KNG KOOL
05-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Queen, youre paying your dues, so why would you let that stuff bother you?

Its a struggle tho. No matter who brings in the money..

so i guess Rant is a Rant. |)

INF
05-01-2010, 02:37 PM
@ QUEEN

k I see you there. Idont even like fucking with a woman with children.its not cuz IM scared its just more work than I am willing to take on.there is a lot that comes with it.What if her kids dont like you?what if her babies dad is fuckin crzy and wants to get in it or try and check..etc etc. I seen it all too many times.

It isnt right ,Ill say that.

back when I was 20 or so I got into a very short relationship with a chick that had a 2yr old.Lil man was fuckin BAD.BAD. he would bang his head on the wall if he was mad and all kinds of shit.there really wasnt any coolin with him. I tried though..I tried hard.I think it was not even a month and I bailed in the middle of the night to never return.It just wasnt worth it. I felt bad cuz on the day I had my shit packed and ready , girlie shows up with a fuckin make over and shit. I mean ... she really wanted a man but I just wasnt down yet.

being where I am now with 2 kids and a wife I cant stand.... if I was to ever get heavily involved with another female I really dont know about her having kids too. I understand I have kids now and all but...idk.Its just a lot to deal with.

she would have to be mad cool for me to jump into that kinda relationship.Like ...she could do no wrong type of cool.

...really isnt fair to females though and I only see that now that you brought it up.

Queen Of Poetry
05-01-2010, 02:45 PM
Queen, youre paying your dues, so why would you let that stuff bother you?

Its a struggle tho. No matter who brings in the money..

so i guess Rant is a Rant. |)

U know normally I don't let it bother me. But between my sons father calling me with his news and just taking a step back and looking. U know? U ever done that? Well I did today. And this is what I seen:

I'm a good woman. Yeah I got some issues but who doesn't?
I'm half decent looking. Not a dime but I ain't ugly.
I got a good job. I got a house, nice car. I handle mines.
I got 2 kids by 2 different men with whom I was with each for 5 plus years.
So why I am labeled? Why do folks look at me like this? And it's not that I care but in a way I do. U know?

Queen Of Poetry
05-01-2010, 03:04 PM
@ QUEEN

if I was to ever get heavily involved with another female I really dont know about her having kids too. I understand I have kids now and all but...idk.Its just a lot to deal with.

she would have to be mad cool for me to jump into that kinda relationship.Like ...she could do no wrong type of cool.

...really isnt fair to females though and I only see that now that you brought it up.

My point exactly. I guess that is why I gave up. Waving the white flag. I mean what's the point? So then if I get a guy for just sex, then I'm a whore. Can't win so why try?

Olive Oil Goombah
05-01-2010, 03:45 PM

AHAHAHAHAAHAHa!

Longbongcilvaringz
05-01-2010, 03:46 PM
So he's a good father because he has only financial abandoned his progeny, rather than physically abandoning them also?

INF
05-01-2010, 03:51 PM
My point exactly. I guess that is why I gave up. Waving the white flag. I mean what's the point? So then if I get a guy for just sex, then I'm a whore. Can't win so why try?

I always tell my female friends like you to go out and get some dick.Just dick.no obligation.Aint nobody gonna judge you.aint nobody gonna judge unless you put your biz all out there for them to.

you know. go head and get you some dick when you need it or whatever and just really keep that shit to yourself.

thats if you are duckin out on the relationship shit or not trying to see it right now.there is nothing wrong with having a sex life as long as its healthy and safe.

maybe Im gettin it twisted here but you know what I mean.

snapple
05-01-2010, 05:30 PM
cause niggas just love to hate .... seriously..... especially on women....especially on women who aren't giving them the goods....

i feel for you queen.....its a shame how many single moms there are....its not right....

people really need to protect themselves better.....too many people get pregnant with some asshole.....

i know accidents happen....but seriously....when you have sex and a guy busts inside you....YOU CREATE LIFE!!!

you're bringing a human, a child, a baby into the world. that is like the biggest thing in life that we go through.

people need to start having higher standards on who is gonna be the mother or the father of there seed. its really not a joke cause it only hurts the kid. the kid deserves a good mother and a good father. people need to be more responsible....stop fucking around

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
05-01-2010, 06:28 PM
qop, listen to el don and infinity.

BTTR KNG KOOL
05-01-2010, 09:27 PM
U know normally I don't let it bother me. But between my sons father calling me with his news and just taking a step back and looking. U know? U ever done that? Well I did today. And this is what I seen:

I'm a good woman. Yeah I got some issues but who doesn't?
I'm half decent looking. Not a dime but I ain't ugly.
I got a good job. I got a house, nice car. I handle mines.
I got 2 kids by 2 different men with whom I was with each for 5 plus years.
So why I am labeled? Why do folks look at me like this? And it's not that I care but in a way I do. U know?

for me tho the thing is a little differend. I was actually mostly raised by my dad and he did all that stuff so.

so thats where im coming from...

and i can say ive seen some ignorant stuff when it comes to people taking care of their kids. And then these kids growing up to be fucked up. And often all of that shit couldve been stopped if just them parents knew better...

...If you let peoples comments get in ur head, itll eventually show in your kids i guess.., so dont. Thats what im saying basically. ;)

Queen Of Poetry
05-01-2010, 10:57 PM
Truth. I think it's frustration on my part. U know I ended the relationship with my sons father about a year ago and have dated a few (losers). I don't know. I'm just tired of having a red X on me.

RzaRectum
05-02-2010, 12:50 AM
You need to make that child support happen tho, and through the courts. Look at it this way.. If their going to get all the praise for it, then they need to earn it also. It's not cool to get all the kudos when you only make cameos once in a while. (Unless you're just posting on WuTang-Corp, of course!).

In addition, MEN consistently EARN MORE money THAN women, doing the SAME work, in the SAME industries, with the SAME education. And when it comes to retirement, WOMEN will get LESS money from their pensions and social security than men, because they will have worked less during their lifetimes.. This happens, because the women typically don't work as much when pregnant and raising kids, taking care of sickness, etc for X-amount of years while the dude did his usual thing.

You might have problems with the concept of receiving money for the sake of your kids, but you need to get over it. As long as you're being reasonable about it, the guys shouldn't have TOO much of an issue with it. In fact, if they're half the men you say they are, then they should infact be down for the crown. Single mothers need a hand, weather they want to admit it or not.

Visionz
05-02-2010, 01:13 AM
You need to make that child support happen tho, and through the courts. Look at it this way.. If their going to get all the praise for it, then they need to earn it also. It's not cool to get all the kudos when you only make cameos once in a while. (Unless you're just posting on WuTang-Corp, of course!).

In addition, MEN consistently EARN MORE money THAN women, doing the SAME work, in the SAME industries, with the SAME education. And when it comes to retirement, WOMEN will get LESS money from their pensions and social security than men, because they will have worked less during their lifetimes.. This happens, because the women typically don't work as much when pregnant and raising kids, taking care of sickness, etc for X-amount of years while the dude did his usual thing.

You might have problems with the concept of receiving money for the sake of your kids, but you need to get over it. As long as you're being reasonable about it, the guys shouldn't have TOO much of an issue with it. In fact, if they're half the men you say they are, then they should infact be down for the crown. Single mothers need a hand, weather they want to admit it or not.
No guy is down for getting dragged through the court system to get at his paychecks.

If spending time with the kids is what matters most (and props to you Queen for your outlook on it) then chasing after child support is the quickest way to put an end to what's most meaningful in her own life.

@Queen, I think you're going the best route for you and your kids. Let the relationship deal happen naturally. You'll most likely find it when you're not looking for it at all.

RzaRectum
05-02-2010, 02:00 AM
No guy is down for getting dragged through the court system to get at his paychecks.
I maintain my position on this. Yea, it can get ugly if it's not properly broached, but it could also be an agreeable thing if someone talks some sense into these guys. You really think it's right to get accolades for wiping your own ass half-way?

Visionz
05-02-2010, 02:11 AM
I maintain my position on this. Yea, it can get ugly if it's not properly broached, but it could also be an agreeable thing if someone talks some sense into these guys. You really think it's right to get accolades for wiping your own ass half-way?
I'm not saying I agree with it a 100% but its not my life and it doesn't sound like she's hurtin financially. If the fridge was bare and the kids didn't have hardly any clothes, I'd have a different outlook.

As it is, it appears all that's good and she'd rather them be as good a father as they can be given the situation and they're respectful of those wishes and aren't resentful as she's not releasing the hounds on 'em having the courts ransack through his shit. It varies state to state but here there's no way that court-ordered child support happens in a civil manner. Its always a pain in the ass and the resentment happens quickly.

In the end she'd most likely lose the aspect of their fatherhood she values most. Why risk it over money she doesn't really need?

RzaRectum
05-02-2010, 02:26 AM
I'm not saying I agree with it a 100% but its not my life and it doesn't sound like she's hurtin financially. If the fridge was bare and the kids didn't have hardly any clothes, I'd have a different outlook.

As it is, it appears all that's good and she'd rather them be as good a father as they can be given the situation and they're respectful of those wishes and aren't resentful as she's not releasing the hounds on 'em having the courts ransack through his shit. It varies state to state but here there's no way that court-ordered child support happens in a civil manner. Its always a pain in the ass and the resentment happens quickly.

In the end she'd most likely lose the aspect of their fatherhood she values most. Why risk it over money she doesn't really need?

You make some valid points and I'm sure she is inclined to take your side on this, but this is the bullshit women have been dealing with for ages. Carrying the guy on some weak man shit. The women always have to compromise on so much for the sake of the kids, and too often it's to keep the father around. It's no wonder women make this process a living hell and the courts always want to go full force with it. There aren't enough guys wanting to take responsibility for where they shoot their splooge.

It is admirable that she isn't the type to use her kids as leverage to extort certain behaviors. THAT deserves kudos. We should have a hard working single mom's day to recognize the women who are stuck and don't deserve to be. Even if it isn't government or nationally observed, it could go there if enough people start observing it on their own accord.

Visionz
05-02-2010, 02:37 AM
You make some valid points and I'm sure she is inclined to take your side on this, but this is the bullshit women have been dealing with for ages. Carrying the guy on some weak man shit. The women always have to compromise on so much for the sake of the kids, and too often it's to keep the father around. It's no wonder women make this process a living hell and the courts always want to go full force with it. There aren't enough guys wanting to take responsibility for where they shoot their splooge.

It is admirable that she isn't the type to use her kids as leverage to extort certain behaviors. THAT deserves kudos. We should have a hard working single mom's day to recognize the women who are stuck and don't deserve to be. Even if it isn't government or nationally observed, it could go there if enough people start observing it on their own accord.

I agree completely that single moms deserve the upmost respect and that men in general a lot of time aren't living up to their end of the bargin. The division of the family unit hurts everyone though. The kids outlook, growth, etc have to be considered and unless one of them has some real problems its best if both parents are around. The fairytale don't always play out though the way it supposed to and sometimes compromises have to be made just for the kids sake alone.

I know its fucked cuz 19/20 the mom ends up baring the burden. A lot would have to happen in society for that to not be the case though.

Queen Of Poetry
05-02-2010, 09:49 AM
Maybe I misrepresented my kids fathers. They each offer me money often but I don't take it. I tell them to put it in the kids bank accounts for their college educations. When I said they buy stuff, I mean they buy stuff! My sons father just called me last weekend and said it's getting warm what r little mans sizes and 3 days laters I had boxes show up at my house with clothes and shoes for him. My daughters father does the same thing.

My thing is that men get off easier......they can get relationships, they get praised for taking care of what they have made. Meanwhile I sit alone every night and get the baby momma label like I spread my legs to every man I see and have his kid for the checks.

P.S. My theme song when it comes to men is J. Lo "My love don't cost a thing"

snapple
05-02-2010, 11:18 AM
^^ yea its a double standard.....

Im not speaking personally, but you do have 2 kids....some guys...maybe even most guys....would not want to take that on....

that shit personally wouldn't bother me.....and shit if im really feeling something nothing is gonna stop me.....

but yea being a single mom is tuff in so many ways. i hope u meet the rite guy....whos good for you and your seeds.....and hey its not all bad at least your EXs are still a part of the picture somewhat in a positive way....

you live in Manhattan though right? good luck LOL

PS that thing is funny in your sig

Queen Of Poetry
05-02-2010, 11:26 AM
^^ yea its a double standard.....

Im not speaking personally, but you do have 2 kids....some guys...maybe even most guys....would not want to take that on....

that shit personally wouldn't bother me.....and shit if im really feeling something nothing is gonna stop me.....

but yea being a single mom is tuff in so many ways. i hope u meet the rite guy....whos good for you and your seeds.....and hey its not all bad at least your EXs are still a part of the picture somewhat in a positive way....

you live in Manhattan though right? good luck LOL

PS that thing is funny in your sig

LOL

I know right. Good luck finding a man in NY. I'm about to move to the Bronx I think. I found a house that I like. The Bronx. Yeah ok. I'm gonna be single forever. Ha.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
05-02-2010, 11:43 AM
i think, if you're thinking of dating someone seriously then it might be easier if the guy was also a single dad. a lot of men have problems with kids and some don't even want to have their own kids let alone get into a relationship with someone who has kids by someone else. those kind of men you shouldn't waste your time or energy on, queen. they are the ones who are likely gonna see your kids as 'baggage'.

it's tough for single people dating single parents. i've seen it with my girlfriends, the ex's are always getting in the way even if the kids learn to accept you. it's like my girl can be the nicest, sweetest person to all of them, but in their eyes, she is always gonna looked upon as the evil bitch. and i think one of the things she found the hardest to deal with was that he was her top priority but for him she always came after his kids.

and my other girl, she was so generous to her man's kids, sending money over to jamaica all the time. her man's kids didn't need the money, but they always phoned her to beg for money. his kids in jamaica were living a better life than what my girl was, but it didn't stop them from begging her for money and she still sent money to them because she felt that she needed to do it. i can't go into too much detail but her 6 year relationship with that man has been mostly a living hell, but she loves him. he's a thug, and if/when he gets deported back to jamaica he is a dead man.

because of what i've seen with my girls, i'm not really interested in starting anything with a man who has kids.

LORD NOSE
05-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Black and latin men are generally deadbeat in nature,

nah man - black women beat they men

LOL

I know right. Good luck finding a man in NY. I'm about to move to the Bronx I think. I found a house that I like. The Bronx. Yeah ok. I'm gonna be single forever. Ha.

the BX ?

smh - don't do it

Queen Of Poetry
05-02-2010, 12:52 PM
nah man - black women beat they men

the BX ?

smh - don't do it

Sunny come on man. U really think we do that to our men?
Why not BX?

Trixx I think u onto something girl.

LORD NOSE
05-02-2010, 12:56 PM
Sunny come on man. U really think we do that to our men?

yes - i know that this is a fact - many sisters do not even realize what effect they are having

Why not BX?

there is nothing out there - you'd do better in queens

Queen Of Poetry
05-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Wow Sunny. K.

I did see a place in Queens but I'm just not sure.

snapple
05-02-2010, 01:46 PM
^^ yea queens is nice....especially if you have kids.....you gotta have steady doe if you're thinking about queens though...

sunny is right....the BX sucks now....its not what it use to be at all...and i dont know how old your kids are....but the new generation is a bunch of punks...

everybody moved out the BX...its a ghosttown now....i still have family there so im still in and out....i live like 10 mins outside the bronx and i love where i'm at right now...its perfect.....family is still right there....20 minutes from manhatan....

"things done changed"

i would have moved to queens but i have nothing over there....its close as hell but im lazy LOL

Queen Of Poetry
05-02-2010, 02:12 PM
Well I'm looking at condos and the place in Queens was huge but I don't know anyone at all there. In the Bronx, 1 of my coworkers is in the building. I don't know I gotta make a decision cause my house is sold so I gotta move.

LORD NOSE
05-02-2010, 02:35 PM
dam - why you wanna move to the Bronx lol

Queen Of Poetry
05-02-2010, 02:39 PM
The condo in the BX had one extra bedroom but the condo in Astoria had a balcony. I don't know. Ugh. I hate these decisions.

LORD NOSE
05-02-2010, 02:46 PM
The condo in the BX had one extra bedroom but the condo in Astoria had a balcony. I don't know. Ugh. I hate these decisions.

is it by gun hill road ?

2 train ?

Queen Of Poetry
05-02-2010, 03:02 PM
is it by gun hill road ?

2 train ?

Ummmm is that really a place?

LORD NOSE
05-02-2010, 03:56 PM
Ummmm is that really a place?

yeah

it's nicer out there...sometimes

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3357/3291769698_c3416cf20c.jpg

Queen Of Poetry
05-02-2010, 03:59 PM
I don't know. I only been one time to each. U talking about near BX or Astoria?

LORD NOSE
05-02-2010, 04:02 PM
I don't know. I only been one time to each. U talking about near BX or Astoria?

if you find a good situation out there so be it

it's funny to hear someone say they movin there

Queen Of Poetry
05-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Why? Everyone is freakin me out now. I am leaning towards Astoria after hearing from folks not to go to BX. I just don't know anyone there.

LORD NOSE
05-02-2010, 04:19 PM
i don't know how safe astoria is these days, check the area out

Queen Of Poetry
05-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Do u live in NY?

LORD NOSE
05-02-2010, 04:21 PM
not right this second

Queen Of Poetry
05-02-2010, 04:28 PM
Oh. Ha. I'm taking my kids to see it tomorrow to get their feeling. I mean this place is expensive and at the top of my price range but it's a secure building which is what I want as a single mother of 2. Fireplace, eat in kitchen, dining room, 3 bedrooms 2 baths and a balcony. Lots of older folks seem to live in the building which means nonsense shouldn't happen. I hate making decisions. This is where a hubby would come in handy but it's all on me.

Prolifical ENG
05-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Meanwhile I sit alone every night and get the baby momma label

I think most gender double standards when a man has an advantage comes from psychological origins. That is, men generally care a lot less of what others think of them. On the other hand females care more about those things. If females didnt care more you wouldnt have made this rant. Thats just how it is. Men dont let those things get to them. Men also know that those things get to women and they use it to their advantage at times. Sorry to spill the beans but a strong woman must know how that works.

Queen Of Poetry
05-02-2010, 04:32 PM
I think most gender double standards when a man has an advantage comes from psychological origins. That is, men generally care a lot less of what others think of them. On the other hand females care more about those things. If females didnt care more you wouldnt have made this rant. Thats just how it is. Men dont let those things get to them. Men also know that those things get to women and they use it to their advantage at times. Sorry to spill the beans but a strong woman must know how that works.

Wow. Maybe I'm reading this wrong, I mean I get what ur saying and understand and appreciate it but ummmm r u calling me weak?

Prolifical ENG
05-02-2010, 04:38 PM
but ummmm r u calling me weak?

Absolutely not, but I did think of the way I chose to word it and did it that way on purpose. Even if I did think you're weak you have nothing to prove to me, think of the same concept that I just posted about.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
05-02-2010, 06:55 PM
he's saying just do you girl. fuck what other people think. if it were a man in this situation he wouldn't give a fuck.

BLACK BART SIMPSON
05-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Well that's true. It just frustrates me cause he buys his son something and folks be like oh how nice, what a good dad. Hello! I pay for his clothes, food, healthcare, water so he can take a bath, electricity so he can see, shoes everything! And I do it by myself. I don't get child support and that was my choice. But I am here 24/7 everyday doing it and does anyone say oh ur a good mommy? Fuck no! I get the baby momma jokes and shit said about me. And dating! Forget about it. No man wants to date me even though I don't need u to help me with anything. I'm just tired of it.

maybe you shouldnt have fucked him.

"i dont care how bad she is wrap it up before ya beat!"

Queen Of Poetry
05-02-2010, 09:14 PM
Absolutely not, but I did think of the way I chose to word it and did it that way on purpose. Even if I did think you're weak you have nothing to prove to me, think of the same concept that I just posted about.

Hmmm now that's a head scratcher.

Queen Of Poetry
05-02-2010, 09:16 PM
maybe you shouldnt have fucked him.

"i dont care how bad she is wrap it up before ya beat!"
Ummm ok well I did and I am glad I did cause my son is the lil man in my life and I am blessed to have him.