PDA

View Full Version : Military Attempts to Land Helicopters in Wounded Knee

WARPATH
05-03-2010, 04:37 PM
http://www.kotatv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12413792

http://buffalosfire.com/?p=1839

http://bsnorrell.blogspot.com/2010/05/lakotas-prevent-blackhawk-helicopters.html

http://www.republicoflakotah.com/2010/counting-coup-lakota-citizens-stop-us-helicopters-from-landing-at-wounded-knee/

Hellspawn
05-03-2010, 04:54 PM
So typical of the US government.

TheBoarzHeadBoy
05-14-2010, 03:57 PM
Do Georgians get mad when the US army enters Savannah because of Sherman's actions 150 years ago? I doubt it. Native Americans have too much entitlement. Sure they got fucked over, but everyone's ethnic group gets fucked over at some point, and it's your job to rise above it and do your thing. Why can't they just leave it behind them. I don't really give two shits about my Russian heritage, I don't live or die over being Irish and French and enact artificial hatred of the UK. I'm American, and that means I'm above that shit. I don't need to hark back to some old country, I'm part of a new country. My ancestors weren't knights, Boyar, or anything like that. My ancestors were warriors for American liberty, the bourgeoisie of the mid Atlantic, laborers in the factories of progress, and found their slice of the American dream. My culture is Americana, my language is American first and English second.

EAGLE EYE
05-14-2010, 10:55 PM
Do Georgians get mad when the US army enters Savannah because of Sherman's actions 150 years ago? I doubt it. Native Americans have too much entitlement. Sure they got fucked over, but everyone's ethnic group gets fucked over at some point, and it's your job to rise above it and do your thing. Why can't they just leave it behind them. I don't really give two shits about my Russian heritage, I don't live or die over being Irish and French and enact artificial hatred of the UK. I'm American, and that means I'm above that shit. I don't need to hark back to some old country, I'm part of a new country. My ancestors weren't knights, Boyar, or anything like that. My ancestors were warriors for American liberty, the bourgeoisie of the mid Atlantic, laborers in the factories of progress, and found their slice of the American dream. My culture is Americana, my language is American first and English second.

Not giving a shit about your heritage is your opinion or reality tunnel and that's fine.

But you need to realize Native people and let's say the Chinese as another example have an entirely different way of thinking so it's not necessarily just as easy as saying "suck it up and move on".

Once you learn to train your brain to process thoughts or encounter problems with more than one methodology, you will see the benefits.

A major league pitcher uses more than one pitch. You can't always throw a fast ball.

TheBoarzHeadBoy
05-14-2010, 11:06 PM
But putting things behind you leads to peace and integration of ideas.

Taking offense to everything is only going to spark resistance and hostility.

There are times when you need to take a stand for a heritage, but that's only when they're not just imposing on your culture but your human rights. Like the civil rights movement was more then justified (had I been in Alabama or Mississippi I'd have shot any white man who tried to attack a black man, because that was justified. You don't ask a rattlesnake to release it's grip on your leg, you shoot it), but I don't see hate of native Americans. I know it exists, but hatred of other groups is more prevalent, and this just seems to be weird on both sides. I don't think the army did this on purpose, but if they did that's stupid and fucked up. The fact the native Americans won't let the military of the country they are a part of (like it or not, it's not like America is always my first pick of places to have been born, but its top 3) land helicopters or something is weird. They're holding onto a dead civilization. Preserve your culture in books and cinema and such, portray it accurately, but don't be a Luddite and try to live in the past. Anachronism never helped anybody.

EAGLE EYE
05-14-2010, 11:30 PM
Maybe they don't like loud noises?

Right now the Japanese located on the island of Okinawa are protesting the U.S. military bases built there. They are pissed because the noise and fly overs are so bad they lose sleep and their children do too.

I dunno I'd probably lose my mind as well. I really hate loud noises. One time I threw a charcoal brick at the ice cream truck for disturbing my peace.