PDA

View Full Version : Reason 4.0

shaolinsword
05-03-2010, 05:20 PM
How the fuck do I use this program? I was hoping to make some beats for a friend but I'm starting to think I'd be better off learning brain surgery

Visionz
05-03-2010, 05:52 PM
fuck dude, that questions broader than rosie odonnells ass. I can help out but you'd have to a little more specific. Theres a lot of good videos out on youtube if you search for 'em. Might be the best starting spot.

LORD NOSE
05-03-2010, 05:57 PM
you don't know where to start ?

shaolinsword
05-03-2010, 05:57 PM
I thought it might need to be a bit more specific, I just want to know how to get drum beats and samples because I have no idea how to do anything

I'll have a look on Youtube though, cheers

LORD NOSE
05-03-2010, 06:23 PM
???

shaolinsword
05-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Yeah, I have no idea where to start

100pr00f
05-03-2010, 07:25 PM
were u get reason 4.0...did u d/l it

INF
05-03-2010, 07:43 PM
lmfao

I thought this was a thread with a DL

I seen reason being uesd

if you cant catch it then leave it alone . lol

EAGLE EYE
05-03-2010, 07:54 PM
I played around with 3.5 a while back and it definitely has a steep learning curve. You definitely need a keyboard, mixer and other 'real life hardware' to take full advantage of it.

There is a way to flip the virtual drum machines, synths etc to virtually wire stuff together by dragging and dropping. It's confusing as hell and not really geared towards the fruity loops crowd.

They've really gone to the next level with stopping the bootleggers by requiring a unique physical pen drive to be plugged in for the latest versions to work.

INF
05-03-2010, 08:02 PM
yeah even though I have seen or heard some sick shit that was made with just a regular CPU keyboard and a DAW like this .... still/////

you need to have a controller and some plug-ins at least before you wanna fuck with this shit (reason) and not have it sound like a million other mf's that got ahold of a DAW for Free.

just my opinion

LORD NOSE
05-03-2010, 08:11 PM
reason 4.0 is old

use record

it's waaaayyyy much harder to use

5 times more difficult to use than reason

you should get it

INF
05-03-2010, 08:34 PM
If I even fuck with DAW I use FL7

FL is up to 9 but I really like 7 for some reason if I have to use it now.

I barely need DAW anymore though.

shaolinsword
05-04-2010, 02:57 PM
were u get reason 4.0...did u d/l it

I got a copy of it from a mate

I played around with 3.5 a while back and it definitely has a steep learning curve. You definitely need a keyboard, mixer and other 'real life hardware' to take full advantage of it.

There is a way to flip the virtual drum machines, synths etc to virtually wire stuff together by dragging and dropping. It's confusing as hell and not really geared towards the fruity loops crowd.

They've really gone to the next level with stopping the bootleggers by requiring a unique physical pen drive to be plugged in for the latest versions to work.

I've got no problems buying that stuff, before I do I just want to learn how to use it before I start buying things

Visionz
05-04-2010, 06:46 PM
just some basics,

redrum is a sixteen step drum machine. You've got 10 samples in a single machine, select the sound, place it on what count you want it, press run

As someone that's owned Reason since 2.5 I can tell you it's an amazing piece of software and worth the time to really learn it.

It simulates a rack of actual machines which is important to remember. You're gonna need a mixer to route signal through on every song you create. There's synths that take raw sine waves that can be manipulated to create sounds (malstrome, thor) drum machine (redrum) samplers that you can runs patches through (nn-19, nn-xt) and a machine to run loops through ( dr. Rex) and a shit load of fx machines (too many to mention)

once you figure out how to run each throug the mixer, youtube each instrument for more instructions

hit tab to check out the back of the rack, the machines can be wired in all sorts of way to produce different sounds.

a midi keyboard helps but you can use the matrix pattern sequencer to get you by w/out one but you're limited to play a single note.

EAGLE EYE
05-04-2010, 10:35 PM
Most BORDERS book stores sell the manual.

It think it goes for like $25