PDA

View Full Version : Spotify: Your thoughts

SID
05-04-2010, 06:53 AM
During the initial Spotify hype i wasen't interested, my iTunes libary was big enough and youtube was a good medium for me to browse for new music, i diden't need Spotify.

Then i decided to try it but now you can only get invited by someone with a premium account, most of my friends are poor so theres no chance of that happening, my friend said i could share his account.

And it's actually a really good idea, it's a good program, however i don't like the related artist feature beacuse it makes it too easy for freshie faggots to find good music, whereas i think good music should be searched for thoroughly, because YOU want to, not because some computer program told you that you will like it.

Other then that and the fucking advetisments it is a handy program to have when you want to thear some tunes quicktime without downloading, plus when you share with a friend its a great way to share music and playlists..

SID
05-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Your thoughts on Spotify?

EAGLE EYE
05-04-2010, 06:48 PM
I've been watching their progress over the last year. The ad supported model hasn't proved to be very successful for most music based companies looking to go 'cash-flow positive'. However they might pull it off.

I definitely wanna try it out since the user interface looks promising.

They will be launching in the US during the 3rd quarter of the year if that rumor is correct. Until then I can't give feedback.

SID
05-04-2010, 06:57 PM
You cant download spotify from the U.S?

EAGLE EYE
05-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Last time I attempted it blocked all US traffic. There was a loop hole where you could try it out by going through a proxy but they caught on.

SID
05-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Ah shit, too bad.

It's a handy program to have, the best alternative to your iTunes library.

SKAMPOE
05-04-2010, 07:43 PM
every second that passes whether it be USA or EURO time...best belive theres one of these being sketched in sid's bed room wall....

http://dndnl.com/WordPress/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/bigdick.jpg...

netscape check two
05-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Never heard of it.