PDA

View Full Version : Parliament Funkadelic One Hour Documentary

djskillz
05-18-2010, 02:55 PM
For those who haven't seen it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6162863321203696761#docid=8156407446504195454

oDoUoSoKo
05-18-2010, 10:35 PM
wow, ill check it out..thx

LORD NOSE
05-19-2010, 12:30 AM
thanks

EAGLE EYE
05-19-2010, 01:48 AM
seen this one a while back. it's good but must've been ripped from VHS

anyone know of any good sites that focus on just music doc's?

INF
05-19-2010, 10:11 AM
is this the same Doc that PBS used to play or whatever? the one that talks about the barbershop quartet

djskillz
05-19-2010, 12:27 PM
^yep that's the one.

LORD NOSE
05-19-2010, 01:11 PM
very very good flick

INF
05-19-2010, 01:23 PM
I LOVE THIS DOC!!!!!

way back when I wore the red and black lumberjack and had the hat to match I watched this and then it came on 2 days later and I had my lil bro (13 at the time) watch this.

He had no appreciation for P-funk before that.We come from a P-funk household too.I was mad disappointed in him until he watched that DOC and admitted fault.hahahaha

he just couldnt get over how it all came to be.and of course the stage show had him by the balls.

*throws up the p-funk symbol*
http://www.morethings.com/music/george_clinton-parliament/pictures/funks_you.jpg

djskillz
05-20-2010, 12:05 AM
I should find a DL link to a concert DVD I found awhile back. CRAZY LIVE SHOW!!!

Dr. Simon Hurt
05-25-2010, 04:40 PM
^^please do it

i remember catching this on pbs (wmfe) at like 300 am when i first started smoking...this is good, i wish there was a dvd quality rip

do you have a link to the doc they aired on the evolution of electronic music?

Dr. Simon Hurt
05-25-2010, 04:43 PM
CHCvhEq9aGg

"don't let a nigga like dirt get drunk...don't let a nigga like dirt get paranoid! cuz if i'm paranoid...i'm the 'telligent muthafucka in the muthafuckin place to be!!!!"

hahahahaha

djskillz
05-25-2010, 04:45 PM
^^ Lmao I spit my drink out the first time I saw that vid. But yea I'mma try and hook it up w/ that link to the concert.

INF
05-25-2010, 06:29 PM
CHCvhEq9aGg

"don't let a nigga like dirt get drunk...don't let a nigga like dirt get paranoid! cuz if i'm paranoid...i'm the 'telligent muthafucka in the muthafuckin place to be!!!!"

hahahahaha

this was so wild.I had never seen this before and it was crzy.I watched all the parts but got kinda pissed cuz they were out of order and there is shit missing. Like part 9 ends with some track (i forget which one) and then Im all hype to hear it but part 10 starts with another track (mgm) so...

but yeah that shit is mad hype. for triumph Dirty was mumbling his part like he was laid out on the ground or some shit and then he comes to life to Dog Shit and he was way ahead of the track.

it must have been amazing to be there ..

Mumm Ra
05-25-2010, 08:35 PM
i gotta check this later...

oDoUoSoKo
05-25-2010, 10:58 PM
still havent seen it

CharlesJones
06-12-2010, 12:29 PM
I don't like watching stuff online. So i'm gonna see if Amazon.com has Parliament Funkadelic documentary. DJSkillz, you should check out Earth Wind And Fire's Shining Stars documentary. That's the best documentary i've seen about a r&b artist. It's 2 hours and all of the band members are interviewed but the lead singers Maurice White and Philip Bailey do most of the talking. Verdine White who is Maurice's brother and plays bass guitar also does a lot of talking. There's also old concert footage shown. The only thing i don't like about the documentary is the old concert footage because they play too much of it. You should also check out Earth Wind And Fire's music videos dvd. That's good also and i was glad i got it because i had never seen their videos before. You can get both of them from Amazon.com. That's where i bought them. Marvin Gaye's Behind The Legend documentary is also good. The Jacksons An American Dream movie is also good. I didn't mean to get off topic talking about The Jacksons movie but that's the best movie i've seen about a music artist's life. I like The Temptations movie a lot too.

Dr. Simon Hurt
06-12-2010, 12:38 PM
^^^i saw the jackson's movie when i was a kid and it made me hate joe jackson for life. temptations movie is wild, david ruffin trading his car note for dope lol

I wish this documentary was longer and more in depth, there was a VH1 documentary on Parliament-Funkadelic back in the 90s or maybe early 2000s that went into a little more detail

CharlesJones
06-12-2010, 12:49 PM
LOL@you hate Joe Jackson for life hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I don't like how Joe treated Michael and his brothers and sisters either when they were kids but if it wasn't for him, they would've still been living in Gary, Indiana probably not doing well financially. Who knows how his kids would've turned out because i remember reading that his wife Katherine said that when they became a popular group that the neighborhood in Gary was getting bad because of gangs and she feared that her kids might've joined a gang if they hadn't become singers. Did you know Terrence Howard was in The Jacksons movie as Jackie Jackson? Monica Calhoun who played in The Players Club and The Best Man movies with Terrence was his sister Rebbie in The Jacksons movie. I wonder why they didn't have anybody playing Janet in the movie. Danny Glover's daughter in the Lethal Weapon movies was Latoya in The Jacksons movie. The guy who played Michael Jackson in the movie when he was a teenager and adult died shortly after the movie because he had leukemia.

LOL@what you said about David Ruffin in The Temptations movie hahahahahahahahahahaha. Leon who played David did a good job. He had me rolling when he said ya'll ain't nothing but some fake ass Temps without me LOL. You ain't nothing without David Ruffin LOL. Ain't nobody coming to see you Otis LOL. You wish you could work it like me but you can't LOL. The scene when he gave his car up for some drugs was funny. Leon said to the drug dealer, front me a 50. The drug dealer said what i look like, a banker? LOL. Leon said my autograph gotta be worth at least a gram. The drug dealer said oh yeah. Who are you? LOL. Leon said i'm David Ruffin of The Temptations. Drug dealer said we deal with cash around here my man, cash LOL. So Leon gave him two tickets to a concert. The drug dealer said these tickets say the concert is Saturday. Leon said so. Drug dealer said today is Sunday hahahahahahahahaha.

The Five Heartbeats is a good movie too about r&b music artists. Big Red who owned the record company they were with was a trip. Remember when he was about to throw that singer over the bannister at a hotel when the singer got mad at him about some money he was owed? LOL. Big Red said now what are my office hours? The singer was crying and he said from 9 to 5 LOL.

djskillz
06-12-2010, 01:12 PM
I don't like watching stuff online. So i'm gonna see if Amazon.com has Parliament Funkadelic documentary. DJSkillz, you should check out Earth Wind And Fire's Shining Stars documentary. That's the best documentary i've seen about a r&b artist. It's 2 hours and all of the band members are interviewed but the lead singers Maurice White and Philip Bailey do most of the talking. Verdine White who is Maurice's brother and plays bass guitar also does a lot of talking. There's also old concert footage shown. The only thing i don't like about the documentary is the old concert footage because they play too much of it. You should also check out Earth Wind And Fire's music videos dvd. That's good also and i was glad i got it because i had never seen their videos before. You can get both of them from Amazon.com. That's where i bought them. Marvin Gaye's Behind The Legend documentary is also good. The Jacksons An American Dream movie is also good. I didn't mean to get off topic talking about The Jacksons movie but that's the best movie i've seen about a music artist's life. I like The Temptations movie a lot too.

I'll have to check some of those out. Thanks a lot.

CharlesJones
06-12-2010, 01:22 PM
You've never seen The Jacksons and The Temptations movies? Notorious movie about rapper Notorious Big is good too. I don't know why that movie got so much hate but it's good to me. I got a crush on Antonique Smith who played Faith Evans in the movie. She's hot. Rhyme And Reason documentary movie about rap music is also good. Have you seen that? That's the best rap documentary i've seen. Peter Spirer directed it and he's directed several rap documentaries. He did one about Notorious Big and he did one about 2Pac. I think he also directed a few Beef rap documentaries. Krush Groove movie i love also. That's also another good rap music movie. One of the best after Rhyme And Reason. I gotta get Krush Groove on dvd again. The one i had i got rid of because a few scenes would mess up. I hate dvd's because they always mess up.

Dr. Simon Hurt
06-12-2010, 01:24 PM
LOL@what you said about David Ruffin in The Temptations movie hahahahahahahahahahaha. Leon who played David did a good job. He had me rolling when he said ya'll ain't nothing but some fake ass Temps without me LOL. You ain't nothing without David Ruffin LOL. Ain't nobody coming to see you Otis LOL. You wish you could work it like me but you can't LOL. The scene when he gave his car up for some drugs was funny. Leon said to the drug dealer, front me a 50. The drug dealer said what i look like, a banker? LOL. Leon said my autograph gotta be worth at least a gram. The drug dealer said oh yeah. Who are you? LOL. Leon said i'm David Ruffin of The Temptations. Drug dealer said we deal with cash around here my man, cash LOL. So Leon gave him two tickets to a concert. The drug dealer said these tickets say the concert is Saturday. Leon said so. Drug dealer said today is Sunday hahahahahahahahaha.

Ya, the ruffin scenes are the best and most memorable parts of that movie imo. And in reality, Ruffin was the best on in the group haha

I have never seen the Five Heartbeats in its entirety before, but it is on my nextflix queue...i just have to wait until me and my girl get caught up on 'weeds' and 'breaking bad' to get to it, especially when we keep breaking out of the queue to watch shit we've already seen like 'hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy' and 'beetlejuice'

They need to make an updated P-Funk documentary, but i guess no one wants to document how addled and fried george clinton is now. He got busted on a dope charge here in Florida a few years ago and spent 60 days in the county jail because he couldn't post bail...which is sad when you consider what his musical legacy.

djskillz
06-12-2010, 01:25 PM
Yeah Rhyme and Reason was good. Krush Groove too. Another one of my favorites is The MC: Why We Do It.

djskillz
06-12-2010, 01:27 PM
They need to make an updated P-Funk documentary, but i guess no one wants to document how addled and fried george clinton is now. He got busted on a dope charge here in Florida a few years ago and spent 60 days in the county jail because he couldn't post bail...which is sad when you consider what his musical legacy.

I wouldn't mind having an Eddie Hazel documentary to be honest. I don't know much about him except there was alot of drug usage between his days in P-Funk (the 70's) and his death in his early forties (early 90's)

Dr. Simon Hurt
06-12-2010, 01:51 PM
^^^cosign, it's criminal that more people don't know who he is, he should be one of the world-renowned guitarists

djskillz
06-12-2010, 03:40 PM
I agree.

CharlesJones
06-13-2010, 01:33 PM
DJSkillz, do you have a credit card, debit card, Paypal account? If you don't have any of these, it's gonna be hard for you to buy Earth Wind And Fire dvd's i was telling you about because Amazon.com changed their payment policy. They used to accept checks and money orders. I'm glad i got a credit card because i still wanna buy stuff from them even though i'm pissed off that they don't accept money orders anymore.

CharlesJones
06-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Pandemic, i see what you mean about George Clinton. I read something about him at Public Enemy's website recently saying that his accountants are suing him because he owes them money. Then i read that he couldn't pay for somebody's funeral that's in his family. I wouldn't be surprised if he was financially broke. Most black music artists end up broke before they die. I'm really disgusted about Michael Jackson being broke when he died.