PDA

View Full Version : All the Original CD's lovers

Shogah
05-26-2010, 09:02 AM
I love original cd's but i also download from internet. I am not against downloading, and download like all the mortal's but i really hate when i buy a cd from an artist i really respect and love, and some prick asks me why i buy cd's cause no one nowadays buys cd's, and everything is to be found on torrent.

I recently dug in some collection of cd's from my uncle(which was collecting dust in the bassement) and took some great cd's from Herbie Hancock, Miles Davis, Steely Dan,George benson and other great jazz albums, also Pink floyd dark side from the moon and some curtis mayfield. I was really thrilled cause i found those cd's and he was totally indifferent, and was like you can download them all from the internet and couldn;t comprehend why i enjoy stacking my cd's on a shelve rather than stacking them on a computer file

the quality is no longer a big difference between high quality mp3 and cd quality, but i really enjoy having that original case in my hands and somehow feel the music much more.

How to explain to people who don't have a culture of buying cd's at all why do you buy cd's or even collect them from some other sources?

Most of my music is on computer, but most of the music i really love is on the cd's and some on the vinyl.

MENES
05-26-2010, 09:52 AM
I rarley listen to somthing I dont own in physical form, with some obvious exceptions

I purchase very little these days, but cds are still somthing I pick up constantly. Theres a real dope used store round the way filled with gems.

Nothin like puttin in a killarmy cd at 3am and you cant see 2 ft infront of you because of a murky fog and blunt smoke... thats why i own the shit

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/8980/j02i.jpg

edit: this is jus my hiphop collection i thought this was the shop, my bad

claaa7
05-27-2010, 03:43 AM
same as w/ Menes i rarely listen to something i don't have on physical form, it happens that i bang the new joints before i buy them and also new singles, etc. but there's nothing like the feeling of putting in a fresh CD or putting wax on the turntable and turn up the volume.

there's really not too much you can say to people who don't understand the deal, it's their loss anyways (altho i spend waay too much cash on albums).

check two
05-27-2010, 07:12 AM
I love original cd's but i also download from internet. I am not against downloading, and download like all the mortal's but i really hate when i buy a cd from an artist i really respect and love, and some prick asks me why i buy cd's cause no one nowadays buys cd's, and everything is to be found on torrent.

I recently dug in some collection of cd's from my uncle(which was collecting dust in the bassement) and took some great cd's from Herbie Hancock, Miles Davis, Steely Dan,George benson and other great jazz albums, also Pink floyd dark side from the moon and some curtis mayfield. I was really thrilled cause i found those cd's and he was totally indifferent, and was like you can download them all from the internet and couldn;t comprehend why i enjoy stacking my cd's on a shelve rather than stacking them on a computer file

the quality is no longer a big difference between high quality mp3 and cd quality, but i really enjoy having that original case in my hands and somehow feel the music much more.

How to explain to people who don't have a culture of buying cd's at all why do you buy cd's or even collect them from some other sources?

Most of my music is on computer, but most of the music i really love is on the cd's and some on the vinyl.

What about cassette tapes?

Rame
05-27-2010, 07:50 AM
I used to buy multiple cd's a week. Now I buy a few cd's a year.

There simple isn't that much out I want to pick up. I moved on to video games too.

I barely download though.

Sorry that I can't answer your question, I guess it's about really experiencing the album.

Shogah
05-27-2010, 08:14 AM
What about cassette tapes?

well it's the same story for them, i just didn't mention them cause i'm not much into cassetes although i have few of them and they bring mad nostalgia to the days when cd's were the things of the future.

JakobR
05-27-2010, 08:25 AM
I feel sorry for people who only listen to music trough youtube and such places. There's nothing better than having bought a great album and listen to it on your stereo; the sound quality is pure class and the feeling of actually owning the shit makes the albums even better (somehow).

Let alone the fact that cds look great on the shelf if you have a decent collection :)

Fair enough if you simply can't afford the luxury of music, but if it's because you're too damn greedy then you really should be ashamed of yourself. I'm not against downloading as it is a good way to discover new artists and new albums, but it's no wonder that everything thats on the radio these days is crap. Labels dont have time to develop new artists anymore.

Shogah
05-27-2010, 10:50 AM
Many people don't have the culture of purchasing the actual music they listen to, even on rare occasions.

But in these days, is that culture really important and needed?

djskillz
05-27-2010, 12:36 PM
I just don't trust computers so I make sure that if I like an album I make an effort to buy the album on CD. I've lost too much music thru computer crashes so it's always comforting knowing I own it.

Kriszy Substance
05-30-2010, 09:07 PM
^^Yep, I agree. Plus like someone said, its nice to have and look at whenever you want. I love the look of books, cd's, cassettes, records and the rest stacked up on the shelves. Looks nice, sounds nice, feels nice.