PDA

View Full Version : RIP Bo Hansson

claaa7
05-27-2010, 03:53 AM
one of the Swedish underground legends of progressive music, he made alot of incredible, really drug-infused instrumental music in the '70s and '80s. toured with the Jimi Hendrix Experience, recorded unofficial "soundtracks" to books like 'The Lord Of The Rings' and has been sampled by hip-hop producers like EL-P (Cannibal OX's "The Cold Vein LP) and Buckwild (Cormega's "A Thin Line") amongst many others. he died a month or two ago but i just found out, try smoking a J or whatever and listen to one of his instrumental records:

FzdjztxmDHk

nJv2YwnNPtM

6R0yJah2blY

rest in peace and thx for all the hours of wonderful music you gave us!

claaa7
05-27-2010, 03:59 AM
TCvjMUo5K4A

^^ Jimi Hendrix cover of "Tax Free", a song by (Bo) Hansson & Karlsson.

djskillz
05-27-2010, 12:37 PM
I'mma have to check some of his material out. R.I.P. though. How'd he die?

MENES
05-27-2010, 12:46 PM
those lord of the rings tracks, especially the second one are fuckin soundscapes... really really dope stuff RIP

claaa7
06-11-2010, 07:28 AM
bump, anyone checked out his work yet?
would be interesting to hear some thoughts on his music. i'm pretty sure this is the type of shit we'll hear on some of "Madlib Medicine Show #6" tape.

Professor Poopsnagle
06-11-2010, 10:18 AM
The man's a legend. Great music together with Karlsson. Very dreamy stuff I can listen to for hours. I believe El P sampled him on the Cold Vein. RIP.

red-one
06-11-2010, 01:06 PM
r.i.p. bo hansson, he was my dads neighbour in the late 60's he got kicked out of his appartment because he played music to loud :-) great music, i have all his albums.....

claaa7
06-14-2010, 04:04 PM
^ lol that's cool, i actually heard about that incident. apparantly that was when he started writing "The Lord Of The Rings" after Hansson & Karlsson split.

red-one
06-19-2010, 04:31 PM
yeah maybe it was when he started on that album, my dad told me that i was always a strange smell in the stairs of the house, maybe a little to much weed :-)

Durag
06-21-2010, 03:37 PM
R.I.P

I never heard of him before, but i listened to those tracks you posted and i like them. I usually only listen to hip-hop, but when im not i like mostly electronic music, particulary dark, atmospheric electronic music, the type i can through on in the background and zone out to it. Although this is more prog rock, it reminds me of some ambient music and i like the sound of it.

Might check out one of his albums some time, probably the "Lord Of The Rings" album, as i loved the book when i was a kid.