PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Intelligence Analyst Arrested in Wikileaks Video Probe

EAGLE EYE
06-08-2010, 10:22 PM
Remember that leaked military footage a while back of that ACR chopper shooting at what appeared to be civilians or journalist?

Here is how it was obtained and what transpired.
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/06/leak/ (http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/06/leak/)

This is a pretty big story.

(260,000 diplomatic cables this kid had access too)

(Even gov't text messages for a 24 hour period after 9/11)

INF
06-09-2010, 12:51 PM
thanks for the link

Ghost In The 'Lac
06-09-2010, 12:56 PM
http://twitter.com/wikileaks

Looks like we're about to be attacked by everything the US has. http://bit.ly/cnmydG

Uncle Steezo
06-09-2010, 01:47 PM
this is dope!
this is how you fight the power. from the inside out. no amount of protesting and filing freedom of information petitons would get that shit to the public. fucked up that lamo snitched tho. he shoulda waited to see what the info was first. he might have been sending the inside job proof. or osama is dead proof. or just records of how 1 million iraqis died.

damn he is a real life hero. my hats off to him. too bad he will hang or never see the light of day again. but thats real sacrifice. his mistake was getting too cocky and bragging or revealing himself.

this kid was like a robby/palehorse lovechild.

INF
06-09-2010, 02:21 PM
I don't see why he would have told anybody or bragged about it or claimed ownership.Something like that ...if you really were doing some liberation , wouldn't it be a secret where the info came from or how the info was leaked?

Or by him being boastful or upfront about it , is he showing the its for real and not just a trick.Like times before where something has "leaked" on purpose.

Uncle Steezo
06-09-2010, 02:22 PM
idk
i'd be scared for my life.

INF
06-09-2010, 02:25 PM
yeah ,I would have completed the mission and just posted back up within the ranks. never telling anyone.

this look like something of some funny shit if you ask me. I really gotta pick this one apart with a fine tooth comb cuz there is something there more than what it is(as always)

Mumm Ra
06-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Posted by: Chantigalo | 06/8/10 | 5:19 pm |
Secrecy and freedom can not co-exist. We have a right to know what is being done in our names, with our money, and with the blood and sanity of our sons and daughters. As a veteran people like to thank me for my service. I came home to find out that I never did anything in service of the people of my county. My labor was used to serve and protect the profits of a few. Bradley Manning served his country. He told everyone the truth.

INF
06-09-2010, 05:33 PM
You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

I can see that. ^

INF
06-09-2010, 05:43 PM
still though....why did this kid not go anonymous????? I'm reading about what wikileaks is right now and the first thing they say is about "anonymous submissions"

EAGLE EYE
06-09-2010, 06:07 PM
this is dope!
this is how you fight the power. from the inside out. no amount of protesting and filing freedom of information petitons would get that shit to the public. fucked up that lamo snitched tho. he shoulda waited to see what the info was first. he might have been sending the inside job proof. or osama is dead proof. or just records of how 1 million iraqis died.

damn he is a real life hero. my hats off to him. too bad he will hang or never see the light of day again. but thats real sacrifice. his mistake was getting too cocky and bragging or revealing himself.

this kid was like a robby/palehorse lovechild.

Yea but besides all of that..

you've failed to realize he had the potential to put countless American troops lives at a higher risk in a warzone. Especially if he started leaking what radio frequencies IED detectors or Jammers work on -as one commenter noted. Making that kind of sensitive data available to the enemy combatant would be catastrophic.

I'm sure you have friends or relatives in the service. Almost everyone here probably personally knows someone serving in a tour (probably not out of personal interest).

I'm sure he uncovered some real soul damaging stuff and couldn't live with the guilt, and I'm sure everyone (troop or civilian) is curious to find out what it is.

INF
06-09-2010, 06:32 PM
yeah where is the information he ganked? is it being held onto? is it out? I am just now researching wikileaks so that I know how it works.

Ghost In The 'Lac
06-09-2010, 06:32 PM
oh americans and your war waging, you so crazy.

INF
06-09-2010, 08:18 PM
I am sure that some hope dude is catching the water board action about now,lol.

:dududu:

Uncle Steezo
06-09-2010, 08:31 PM
all that "what if he posted us positions?" and "ied locater freqs" is irrelevant cause he didn't post that. he posted a vid of soldiers committing murder.

then you have wikileaks who is another layer of discretion of what does n doen't get released to the public.

thats just military dicksuckers crying for their daddy.

INF
06-09-2010, 10:04 PM
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

LOL :hooray:

EAGLE EYE
06-10-2010, 05:25 PM
all that "what if he posted us positions?" and "ied locater freqs" is irrelevant cause he didn't post that. he posted a vid of soldiers committing murder.

then you have wikileaks who is another layer of discretion of what does n doen't get released to the public.

thats just military dicksuckers crying for their daddy.

It sounds more like the repository of info he accessed had nothing to do with technical documentation in regards to weapons or electronic devices for the field. A cable from my knowledge is a secure - encrypted - electronic message. Not like your basic text or email.

He mentioned political back-dealings so it could of been stuff in regards to funding proxy wars or some kind of nefarious plans for changing the global balance of power.

who knows.

EAGLE EYE
06-11-2010, 12:39 PM
UPDATE:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-06-10/wikileaks-founder-julian-assange-hunted-by-pentagon-over-massive-leak/

Mumm Ra
06-11-2010, 05:03 PM
shit is gettin real

Ghost In The 'Lac
06-11-2010, 05:15 PM
4o2ZGk1djTU

Uncle Steezo
06-12-2010, 07:10 AM
snitches get stitches. now assange is bout to catch it. why as a whistleblower enabler would you trust the same gov you expose on the reg?

its a loss all around.

he better pass that shit to someone else and then hand all the shit back to the gov.then act like nothing happened.

INF
06-12-2010, 12:55 PM
snitches get stitches. .

this ^