PDA

View Full Version : Walter Williams Of The Ojays Has Multiple Sclerosis

CharlesJones
06-12-2010, 11:38 AM
I read about this last week at rap group Public Enemy's website. He's 67 years old now and he said he's been quiet about it for a long time because he didn't want his fans to know. He said he's been taking medication and he still performs at concerts with The Ojays. I love The Ojays. I was playing their greatest hits double cd a few days ago. The Ojays have been living in my hometown Cleveland for a long time. I don't know if Walter still lives there but i know Eddie Levert lives in Las Vegas now.

djskillz
06-12-2010, 12:34 PM
Damn. All the greats are like this now huh. Al Green was in town last year for a music festival but I didn't get to see him perform. I guess I should take advantage of the opportunity next time I have a chance.

CharlesJones
06-19-2010, 11:47 AM
I'm not a Al Green fan. He can sing but i don't like r&b singers that sing more love songs than jams. Love songs are boring to me. DJSkillz, check out these Ojays albums if you haven't heard them.

Back Stabbers
Family Reunion
Travelin At The Speed Of Thought
So Full Of Love

I didn't like a lot of The Ojays albums because they sang more love songs than jams but they're good singers. Did you know their group member William Powell who was with them in the early 70's got shot at his home when he got robbed in Cleveland, Ohio? It happened in 1976 i believe because he wasn't with the group anymore after 1976.

DUMBO
06-21-2010, 06:45 PM
I'm not a Al Green fan. He can sing but i don't like r&b singers that sing more love songs than jams. Love songs are boring to me. DJSkillz, check out these Ojays albums if you haven't heard them.

Back Stabbers
Family Reunion
So Full Of Love

I didn't like a lot of The Ojays albums because they sang more love songs than jams but they're good singers. Did you know their group member William Powell who was with them in the early 70's got shot at his home when he got robbed in Cleveland, Ohio? It happened in 1976 i believe because he wasn't with the group anymore after 1976.

ok

djskillz
06-21-2010, 10:56 PM

Back Stabbers
Family Reunion
So Full Of Love

The only album I have by them is Backstabbers so I'll check those out. Thanks.