PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater.

Ares
06-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Does anyone else agree that this is still the best in the series? I mean, sure MGS4 is amazing, but..the concept of Snake Eater is fucking great. Wilderness, man. Camouflage.

I mean it's like..

-Shoot a scorpion with rocket launcher
-Eat that shit
-Run outside
-Slice a motherfucker's neck.

Doesn't even have to be in that order.

KZA
06-13-2010, 01:11 AM
My favorite of the series. The story and gameplay is epic. I restarted playing it recently.

THE MASON
06-13-2010, 10:33 AM
i agree with this.

i found this to be the most in depth MGS game.

oDoUoSoKo
06-13-2010, 11:12 AM
i want to say it is..but the force is strong with MGS1..eloels.

Tage
06-22-2010, 11:50 AM
one of my favourite games. the music is brilliant.

9aHQnDTd1y4

MENES
06-22-2010, 12:51 PM
I would say this is my favorite Metal Gear, the camo and medical systems were ridiculous... and fighting THE END

RagnaroK
06-22-2010, 01:59 PM
MGS1 is just too strong this is the absolute perfect game after MGS1 then you can say MGS3 but me myself place it on equal grounds with Portable Ops I think Ops is as bit as good as Snake Eater the level of story is just too amazing the characters are worthy of recognition: Null Gene Python Cambell and the most important Eliza/Ursula she is the reason why i love this game so much MGS3 got some great emotional scenes with the Boss but I think they don't come close to Eliza/Ursula scene where she betrays Gene just the paradoxical prophecy made it so fucking epic

"Snake you will destroy Metal Gear and create a new one in its place
your children Les Enfants Terribles Snake your son will bring the world to ruin
your son will save... the world"
with "Calling to the Night" on the background and Eliza & Ursula's voice talking at the same time to me this scene is the closes to Sniper Wolf's death

Mcthuggin99
06-22-2010, 04:44 PM
anyone ever try to kill The End before the Boss Battle after that cutscene?

fatboybrandon
06-22-2010, 05:33 PM
I can barely remember MGS 1 after Snake Eater, Snake Eater is so fun and such a deep game. It's a whole world in itself it seems, plus the secrets and bonus items make the game deeper if you choose to explore them.

KZA
06-22-2010, 07:48 PM
the first time i went up against the end it took almost 2 hours just to beat him. i was only using the tranq. took forever

<3 the snake eater theme i always use it when i used to play metal gear online.

they need to fix that game

oDoUoSoKo
06-22-2010, 09:15 PM
ya ive killed him before hand, it sucks cuz then u got those Ocelot cats..eloels, but i think u could choose to not fight em and just keep it movin

KZA
06-22-2010, 09:31 PM
all you had to do was change the clock to a week ahead IIRC and then when you are about to battle him they tell you that he died of old age.

i remember the first time i played when i was killing enemies with the sorrow it took a forever to get out of the stream because of all the people i killed. i remember at the end i had about 600 kills XD.

or the long ladder that goes up

TAURO
06-22-2010, 09:53 PM
Snake eater is no doubt a brilliant game but I will always go for the original Metal Gear Solid. I remember playing it for the first time back in 98 and being awestruck by how different it was compared to games I had played before.

I also prefer MGS4 simply for the fact that it follows on from the original but as a proper sequel unlike MGS2.

oDoUoSoKo
06-22-2010, 09:56 PM
word i remember before it dropped i had a demo of it in japanese...must have played it a thousand times..eloels.

RagnaroK
06-22-2010, 10:54 PM
MGS1 is the only game that once i finished it I started playing it again started a new game right after the end conversation giving no rest to the PS1

TAURO
06-24-2010, 08:57 PM
^^word.