PDA

View Full Version : white VS white. is it racism?

Longbongcilvaringz
10-07-2005, 10:10 PM
some people assume that just because the skin colour of the person they are discriminating against is the same (or virtually the same) as theirs then their commments or actions are not racist. again this brings up the question of whether racism is confined to discrimination against people of another race eg. africans and europeans or does the definition extend to that of cultural discrimination. discrimination between for instance the irish and the english is technically the same as that between those of african and european origins (although obviously the extremities of racism occuring in these two respective groups is vastly different). is cultural discrimination based on race against someone with the same skin colour as you racism, or is it just discrimination

opinions?

*note: by no means am i saying that white Vs white racism occurs to the same degree to that of european racism against asian or african etc or visa versa.

Black Hole
10-07-2005, 10:24 PM
this issue confuses me. some people assume that just because the skin colour of the person they are discriminating against is the same (or virtually the same) as theirs then their commments or actions are not racist. again this brings up the question of whether racism is specifically confined to discrimination against people distinctly of another race eg. africans and europeans or does the definition extend to that of cultural discrimination. discrimination between for instance the irish and the english is technically the same as that between those of afrcan and european origins (although i do recognise that in actuallity the extremities of racism occuring in these two respective groups is vastly different). is cultural discrimination based on race against someone with the same skin colour as you racism, or is it mere discrimination.

opinions?

*note: by no means am i saying that white Vs white racism occurs to the same degree to that of european racism against asian or african etc or visa versa. Everything always depends on something. No matter what, everybody on the inside is always racist. It's always prejudice. It's one of our bodily functions since birth. Tis normal that a white person notices that a black person is black, vice versa. And tis' normal to be suspicious of the person in question and to question his postition in existance. I would continue on. But the radial energies inside of me cannot send much more information beyond my event horizon. Immaculate Immaculate.

Longbongcilvaringz
10-07-2005, 10:28 PM
so do you think it racism if a white person discrimitates against someone of the same skin clour but technically of a different race or not.

thwak
10-07-2005, 10:30 PM
I don't think it's racist because the whole idea behind racisim is that one race is more superior than the other, so to say that you are superioir to your own race is kinda ironic.

Sicka than aidZ
10-07-2005, 10:53 PM
i dont think your born rascist,lol.... thats one hell of a question tho, know i dont think it is rascist, kinda like what thwak said

7EL7
10-07-2005, 11:51 PM
the word racism needs to be looked at closer here

Os3y3ris
10-08-2005, 02:03 AM
I'd consider it xenophobic or nationalistic or something.

Longbongcilvaringz
10-08-2005, 04:42 AM
but think about it. consider the situation of the irsih and the english in the past, that way a case where the english looked on the irish as inferior and positioned themselves in superiority. and race isnt really defined by what colour you are, it is your culture rather then your skin. for instance there is a vast difference between the cultures and races of the french and americans. therefore isnt it evident that they are different races as they are totally different iin as many ways as the chinese and the USA.

tha god concept
10-08-2005, 05:11 AM
yall cats are fuckin weak minded yo

catch a clue.................4reel....bitch style mutha fuckas

Soul Controller
10-08-2005, 05:36 AM
the word racism needs to be looked at closer here

indeed
if we are all one race
the human race.. we can not be rascist,

now the only way rascism exists in its current meaning is
if, their are more than 1 type of human race..
what genetics has already confirmed..
so the question is.

who made all these races, or how was they made..
and why are we told that their is just a human race.

peace

Longbongcilvaringz
10-08-2005, 05:42 AM
yall cats are fuckin weak minded yo

catch a clue.................4reel....bitch style mutha fuckas

um, point taken. out of interest do you live near skale.

SubtleEnergies
10-08-2005, 06:37 AM
I think it can be racism. Heaps of anglo-saxons hate italians, spaniards etc. And the jews with hitler (although jew isnt a race that was racial...).

Skin color isn't a defining feature of race apparently.

Longbongcilvaringz
10-08-2005, 06:42 AM
^^true. lots of hate of italians in aus. i am half italian but it was bad back in the day for italians and immigrants in general.

SubtleEnergies
10-08-2005, 06:52 AM
Yeah my grandparents couldn't get into Australia because of the White Australia Policy coz they were spanish. They moved to England and changed their names and then came here.

In Aus we are such a mixed country.....not of blacks and whites but italians, greeks, lebs, irish, chinese, vietnamese etc.... When Italians and spanish first came here (they being the real non Irish backgrounders to try and make this an actual home) the Irish/ english back grounders treated em like shit. They were "greasy", "dirty", "wogs" ......

Soul Controller
10-08-2005, 07:31 AM
thats not rascism
thats

divide and conquer

LHX
10-08-2005, 07:59 AM
maybe the word 'race' is actually a bullshit term

nobody can agree on what a race is
which means that it prolly dont exist

Golden_Armz
10-08-2005, 08:00 AM
man close this thread and ban this guy-

SubtleEnergies
10-08-2005, 08:25 AM
I agree with LHX. I don't believe race can be defined...not for shit..

Wooly Noggins
10-08-2005, 09:53 AM
indeed
if we are all one race
the human race.. we can not be rascist,

now the only way rascism exists in its current meaning is
if, their are more than 1 type of human race..
what genetics has already confirmed..
so the question is.

who made all these races, or how was they made..
and why are we told that their is just a human race.

peace

True

in many places you'll read about race it'll say Man and Mankind

but its a delicate subject because people don't want to see themselves and they defitnitly do not want others to see them for who they truly are

LHX
10-08-2005, 11:15 AM
but its a delicate subject because people don't want to see themselves and they defitnitly do not want others to see them for who they truly are
it has taken me the longest time to come to terms with this

num2son
10-08-2005, 11:48 AM
Its about where you come from.

LHX
10-08-2005, 11:54 AM
its also about having the balls enough to face the music

Sicka than aidZ
10-08-2005, 01:02 PM
its also about having the balls enough to face the music
that people hate u?

LHX
10-08-2005, 01:58 PM
that people hate u?
it gets worse

even if they hate you
they will still ask you for help when they ass is on the line

Longbongcilvaringz
10-09-2005, 04:58 AM
man close this thread and ban this guy-

for what, this isnt insulting to anyone, just asking a question.

midGet
10-09-2005, 09:08 AM
it's not racism, it's nationalism....just like Hitler was, the jews or slovans (russians, slovaks, poles etc) are white too, but he killed them with no mercy if he had to.

racism is the inherent belief in the superiority of one race over all others and thereby the right to dominance.

Wooly Noggins
10-09-2005, 12:38 PM
for what, this isnt insulting to anyone, just asking a question.

he's slow and limited don't mind him

Os3y3ris
10-09-2005, 02:48 PM
I hate when people try to pretend race doesn't exist. You can't tell the Rza from Tony Blair? Yes, you can. What are their most immediately noticable features? Hmm... Race is a phenotypical distinction that does indeed exist.

Wooly Noggins
10-09-2005, 03:26 PM
that people hate u?

i'll take that hit

so is sentencing a child murderer to death HATE ?

midGet
10-09-2005, 03:26 PM
of course it exists, but havin' attitude, that this race is better than that one, is superior....then it's bullshit.

Wooly Noggins
10-09-2005, 03:28 PM
of course it exists, but havin' attitude, that this race is better than that one, is superior....then it's bullshit.

but what if a race is superior to another and those ways were pointed out ?

tostones
10-09-2005, 03:55 PM
When you classify humans based on skin color and hair texture, you are ignoring a much larger amount of similarities and differences that occur between humans that do NOT correlate with so-called racial characteristics.

To argue that only a few phenotypical disctintions are enough to classify something as a seperate "race", then that isn't really science. Its cultural construct.

Not to ignore current molecular genetics though.

peace

midGet
10-09-2005, 04:23 PM
but what if a race is superior to another and those ways were pointed out ?

that's only speculation....you don't have any proof of superiority present between races...we were created equaly...but some ppl got smarter, some dumber, that's the only permitted classification, lol.

Wooly Noggins
10-09-2005, 04:27 PM
ok man

SoNoFman
10-09-2005, 08:21 PM
yall niggas aint never heard of melanin

SubtleEnergies
10-10-2005, 12:35 AM
Race does exist although defining it gets very hard.

SubtleEnergies
10-10-2005, 12:37 AM
How should we define it? Skin tone? My uncles and dad are like 5 shades darker than me.

Are we different races?

Features? Good luck on that...

Physically traits? That's not really a better option than skin color...

Soul Controller
10-10-2005, 02:14 AM
genetics aint superior
its dominant genes..

u need to get that undestood
not superior
its
dominant.
look them words up if u need help figuring itout

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
10-11-2005, 08:31 AM
an english person can be racist to irish