djskillz
06-21-2010, 02:40 PM
XuMBiHwr4NQ

N6TNlXJRwEY

1LF90bPhoIc

nnbPf0PV6VY

Zbq_K_qRf68

KZ58aP9Lm-g

There's some commercials that can get really annoying but just skip them cause it's a really good documentary for a P-Funk fan.

CharlesJones
06-26-2010, 10:42 AM
Why is actress Heather Locklear in the footage of the documentary? LOL. I didn't think she was a Parliament fan LOL. Who is that hot girl standing next to Prince in the footage? When did VH1 do a documentary about George? Atomic Dog song is the shit and will always be the shit. Props to MC Hammer for sampling it on Pumps And A Bump song. Pumps And A Bump song is my jam. I was listening to Funkadelic's Not Just Knee Deep song a few days ago. I love that jam.

Dr. Simon Hurt
06-26-2010, 12:21 PM
i owe u rep, skillz

charlesjones, that girl is (or was) prince's wife.

oDoUoSoKo
06-26-2010, 12:25 PM
think its, was.

CharlesJones
06-26-2010, 12:25 PM
Ya'll remember George's Do Fries Go With That Shake song? I wonder what he was talking about on that song LOL. Ya'll remember his 90's jam Martial Law? I haven't heard his solo albums and i wanna check them out. I remember he said on Martial Law that people said funk was dead. Funk music will never die. Funk is the best thing to happen to r&b music because most r&b music sucks LOL.

Dr. Simon Hurt
06-26-2010, 12:37 PM
^martial law was the same album as 'paint the white house black', right?

i like this old cheesy ass song from his solos:
B1aIpOg09wU

CharlesJones
06-26-2010, 12:40 PM
I don't know what album Martial Law is on. Only thing i remember about that song is it came out in the 90's and i saw the video once. He sampled Atomic Dog on Martial Law. As many times as Parliament, Not Just Knee Deep, Flashlight, Atomic Dog songs has been sampled by rappers, George should have a lot of money hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

djskillz
06-26-2010, 12:44 PM
^Apparently all of P-Funk are still owed millions by the record companies. Everyone assumed George got the money but even he was getting screwed by Westbound and Casablanca.

CharlesJones
06-26-2010, 12:59 PM
It's really a shame that record companies have fucked over black music artists for so long. Even black people that are in charge of record companies fuck over their own people. Isn't that sad? Remember Big Red in The Five Heartbeats movie? He was a black guy that owned a record company and he fucked over The Five Heartbeats. I was mad at him for killing their manager because he was a nice guy and he never tried to use the group. He had threatened Big Red that he was gonna tell the police about how shady he is because Big Red was gonna fire him and replace some of the group members. Then Big Red was talking shit about the group owed him money for cars and clothes. I'm glad i'm not a music artist because i would never sign with a record company because all record companies are shady to me. I would have to have my own record company if i was a artist. Ya'll remember Cameo was with Casablanca records? I think Casablanca distributed their records because they were with a independent company called Hot Chocolate. I love Cameo. I got several of their albums. My favorite album by them is Feel Me.

Dr. Simon Hurt
06-26-2010, 01:04 PM
^^^i thought 'big red' was based on barry gordy.

my favorite cameo songs are 'single life' and 'she's strange'...there music used to sound scary to me when i was a kid lol

CharlesJones
06-26-2010, 01:11 PM
I don't know about Big Red's character being based on Berry Gordy. But i have read some stuff from former Motown artists saying that Berry wasn't paying them fairly and he wanted to be in control of their music. That's why Marvin Gaye didn't get along with him. When he was working on What's Going On album, Berry didn't wanna put it out because he felt the album was too political and it was gonna upset some white people. Berry wanted to keep the Motown artists music the same meaning he wanted nice records that white people could buy too because a lot of white people back then liked Motown artists. He felt if his artists started doing different music that white people wouldn't buy it. Stevie Wonder had some disagreements with Berry also about the music he wanted to do because Stevie wanted to be like Marvin and do some political music.

The Jackson 5 also got upset with Motown after awhile and that's why they left the label because they got tired of doing pop/kiddie music and they wanted to be in control of their music writing and producing their stuff. There was a scene in The Jacksons movie when their dad Joe tries to get them to sign with Epic records because they got tired of Motown not letting them write and produce their music. Michael and Jermaine were the only ones in the movie who were acting like they didn't wanna leave Motown. Jermaine i guess felt like he had to be loyal to Berry since he married his daughter Hazel.

djskillz
06-30-2010, 09:13 PM
Cameo are dope still. Every once in awhile I gotta throw on Back and Forth.

djskillz
06-30-2010, 09:14 PM
A2eU2CG3WN8

LMAO!!!!!! this is the first time i've seen the video. this shit is jokes for real.

CharlesJones
07-03-2010, 11:33 AM
I used to have Cameo's videos dvd that has Word Up, Single Life, Back And Forth, Candy on there. I made a mistake about the name of Cameo's record label they were with. The name was called Chocolate City. I said it was called Hot Chocolate. I looked at Cameo's Feel Me album i have to see if i said the right record company and i was wrong.