PDA

View Full Version : Project Pat is one of the dopest southern rappers

Mcthuggin99
06-24-2010, 01:18 PM
IMO he's up there with 8 Ball & MJG, Scarface, UGK, and Devin The Dude.
Pat always came hard on the Three 6 beats
cS_8I90VdJY

2uAEypaCtd0

NZt66skJOK8

wYNbSuRnsFM

9ArHlFHVCr8

djskillz
06-24-2010, 04:30 PM
Try Somethin is a bad influence. That song is designed to instigate robberies lol. Project Pat makes me wanna murder. I was in 7th grade bumpin Three 6 all day. I had all their shit. Even the obscure underground tapes. Project Pat hasn't been good since about '06-'07 though. The last album i actually purchased was Crook by da Book. Walking Bank Roll and Real Recognize Real are terrible.

hide1998
06-25-2010, 03:45 AM
Crook by da book is his last tight CD, but everything from that point back from Pat is worth checking for. Him and Infamous were always my favorite member from the entire Hypnotize Minds posse. I can't imagine him getting much love in this forum, but dude has done well with his style for a minute.

djskillz
06-25-2010, 09:19 AM
Lord Infamous was awesome.

Mcthuggin99
06-25-2010, 10:50 AM
Lord Infamous was awesome.
he killed it on The Man, The Myth, The Legacy

cpKtVMAzs8E

wI-t8PM7WO4

4ytL1phD11g

djskillz
06-25-2010, 11:04 AM
His best shit is still between '91 - '03. If you haven't heard the underground tapes check em out. He re used his verses or lines from certain verses on different songs.

Mr. R&B
06-25-2010, 02:35 PM
Yeah, Lord Infamous is dope!!!

Anybody aquire his new joint yet?

It's called "Futuristic Bounty Hunter" and it's set to drop next week.

CharlesJones
06-26-2010, 10:10 AM
LOL@McThuggin99 saying Project Pat is dope hahahahahahahahahahaha. He's wack. Last decent album from him is Mista Don't Play and that came out in 2001 LOL. Fuckin With The Best song is the best song on that album. Lord Infamous is alright but Three 6 Mafia are terrible rappers. I like most of their beats from back in the day. The last Three 6 Mafia album Last 2 Walk is horrible hahahahahahahahahahaha. Just seeing DJ Paul and Juicy J as the only ones in the group now lets me know that Gangsta Boo and Crunchy Black wasn't lying about how shady they are with paying the other group members fairly. What's that guy's name that rapped on Slang And Serve song on Three 6's Choices soundtrack? He's a pretty good rapper. Slang And Serve song is my shit. I remember reading a interview from him in Murder Dog magazine awhile ago and he was talking about how shady Juicy J and DJ Paul is and they didn't pay him fairly. LOL@Crunchy Black hahahahahahahahahahahaha. That's my boy. Everytime i hear his lyrics, i laugh hahahahahahahahahaha. I need to check out his solo albums.

Rame
06-26-2010, 10:12 AM
Postman Pat >>>>> Project Pat

CharlesJones
06-26-2010, 10:15 AM
Who is Postman Pat? LOL

Rame
06-26-2010, 10:20 AM
http://cualquiercosa180.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/postman-pat.jpg

RZ-CQEF5Or4

CharlesJones
06-26-2010, 10:33 AM
You trying to say he's better than Project Pat? Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Rame
06-26-2010, 11:07 AM
^ Word.

CharlesJones
06-26-2010, 11:17 AM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

djskillz
06-26-2010, 12:27 PM
LOL@McThuggin99 saying Project Pat is dope hahahahahahahahahahaha. He's wack. Last decent album from him is Mista Don't Play and that came out in 2001 LOL. Fuckin With The Best song is the best song on that album. Lord Infamous is alright but Three 6 Mafia are terrible rappers. I like most of their beats from back in the day. The last Three 6 Mafia album Last 2 Walk is horrible hahahahahahahahahahaha. Just seeing DJ Paul and Juicy J as the only ones in the group now lets me know that Gangsta Boo and Crunchy Black wasn't lying about how shady they are with paying the other group members fairly. What's that guy's name that rapped on Slang And Serve song on Three 6's Choices soundtrack? He's a pretty good rapper. Slang And Serve song is my shit. I remember reading a interview from him in Murder Dog magazine awhile ago and he was talking about how shady Juicy J and DJ Paul is and they didn't pay him fairly. LOL@Crunchy Black hahahahahahahahahahahaha. That's my boy. Everytime i hear his lyrics, i laugh hahahahahahahahahaha. I need to check out his solo albums.

the guy that rapped on slang and serve was T-Rock

CharlesJones
06-26-2010, 12:30 PM
Thanks. I like on Slang And Serve song when they say ATL niggas, ATL niggas while T-Rock is rapping. Choices movie i like. 2nd Choices was ok. La Chat is a ugly bitch hahahahahahahahahahaha.

djskillz
06-26-2010, 12:41 PM
Yea they do that chanting in alot of their songs. When Juicy J raps they say "North North" cause he's from North Memphis.

djskillz
06-26-2010, 12:43 PM
And on another note, T-Rock is working with Lord Infamous again. Despite their old beef when Lord Infamous broke T-Rock's collar bone lol.

CharlesJones
06-26-2010, 12:44 PM
Sippin On Some Syrup song is my favorite song by them. That's my jam. I was listening to it yesterday. UGK's lyrics on there are tight. I wanna see the video again because i haven't seen it in awhile. I saw their videos dvd at the record store awhile ago. I'm gonna get it because i haven't seen all their videos.

djskillz
06-26-2010, 12:58 PM
They got some pretty decent videos. If they had the money back in '95 they should've made some videos for songs off of Mystic Stylez.

RAW-TASTE
06-26-2010, 04:05 PM
Sippin On Some Syrup song is my favorite song by them. That's my jam. I was listening to it yesterday. UGK's lyrics on there are tight. I wanna see the video again because i haven't seen it in awhile. I saw their videos dvd at the record store awhile ago. I'm gonna get it because i haven't seen all their videos.

SIPPIN ON SOME SIZURPPPP SIP SIP SIPIN ON SOME SIZURPPP

i love that song!!!

i haven't really checked out 3 6 mafia and project pat after around the 2000's/2001's.......listened to everything before that though, most of it is niceee as fuck!! is there anything worth checkin out they did after that time period?? cause i heard some of their shit recently and some of it was wackk

djskillz
06-26-2010, 04:12 PM
^Check out

Gangsta Boo - Both Worlds *69
Three 6 - Da Unbreakables
Three 6 - Most Known Unknown
Chrome - Straight to da Pros
Lil Wyte - Doubt Me Now
Lil Wyte - Phinally Phamous
Lil Wyte - The One and Only
Frayser Boy - Gone off that Bay
Frayser Boy - Me Being Me
Project Pat - Layin da Smackdown

RAW-TASTE
06-26-2010, 06:28 PM
^Check out

Gangsta Boo - Both Worlds *69
Three 6 - Da Unbreakables
Three 6 - Most Known Unknown
Chrome - Straight to da Pros
Lil Wyte - Doubt Me Now
Lil Wyte - Phinally Phamous
Lil Wyte - The One and Only
Frayser Boy - Gone off that Bay
Frayser Boy - Me Being Me
Project Pat - Layin da Smackdown

thanks g! definitely will go through all of them!

djskillz
06-26-2010, 11:37 PM
Some of their affiliates aren't very lyrically inclined (Chrome) but the beats more than make up for it. Frayser Boy and Lil Wyte can hold their own though.

Mcthuggin99
06-26-2010, 11:45 PM
Lil Wyte is the best affiliate IMO

djskillz
06-26-2010, 11:48 PM
I think he's the only one that is still signed to the label. If we're counting all their old affiliates then the Killa Klan Kaze gets that title for me. Scanman, MC Mack and Project Pat made a great group.

LORD ZERO
06-27-2010, 03:56 PM
LOL@ saying Project Pat is dope hahahahahahahahahahaha

for once me and charles are on the same page......lol

Mcthuggin99
06-27-2010, 05:40 PM
I think he's the only one that is still signed to the label. If we're counting all their old affiliates then the Killa Klan Kaze gets that title for me. Scanman, MC Mack and Project Pat made a great group.
yeah. but out of all the artists that were signed after 2000, Wyte is the best

djskillz
06-28-2010, 02:31 AM
^Definitely. Sucks that him and Frayser Boy never released the B.A.R. album.

check two
06-28-2010, 03:44 AM
There were a lot of No Limit artists that are better.

djskillz
06-28-2010, 03:59 AM
Mystikal and Fiend were the only ones I really fucked wit' from No Limit.

check two
06-28-2010, 04:10 AM
Then you must not have listened to material from that many.

BLACK BART SIMPSON
06-28-2010, 04:38 AM
for once me and charles are on the same page......lol

^^makes beats about dragons and anime

angry!
06-28-2010, 10:44 AM
project pizzle one of the most bitten down south niggas... EVER!!!!!!!!

flow... original!!!!!!!!

delivery.... original!!!!!!!!!!

style.... all his!!!!!!!!!!!!

pat always been the dopest HCP nigga IMO... that most recent bid fucked him up... had pat tryin to clean shit up, turn to god... NAH... i want mista dont play pat... spirtual pat can live BEHIND the music!!!!!!!!!!

crook by da book was heat... thats the last album i was really fuckin with outta pats catalogue... but he still can come off, paul and j still got beats, they just chasin the ghost of their own success (academy acclaim)... they went back to the basics on the most recent wave of solos and had some slappers, so the potentials still there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to this very day... i hear niggas subconsciously biting pats patterns...

and the nigga is a fortified lyricist...

he has a lot of grace/style... and his 16's are far from simplistic... niggas tend to overlook lyricism if the content is IGNANT... but thats what i wanna hear from pat!!!!!!!!!

sean price is IGNANT... but hes a lyrical giant....

too many down south niggas get pigeon holed as "D-BOY" rappers... when they bringing some heavy shit with the pen!!!!!!!

bun-b isnt breaking down the polar shifts, global warming, the school system, crop circles in cairo... but hes still a fortified lyricist!!!!!!!!! he rappin about wood grain, syrup, city lights, strippers, family, street science... with original style... and GRACE!!!!!!!

same goes for pat!!!!!!!!!!

and while we talkin HCP...

lil wyte is one of the most underrated white emcees EVER...

he looks like a carnie... hes a wigger.... but hes not frontin...

and that boy has some of the craziest breath control/energy level in the biz... and his albums slap... thanks to paul and juicy!!!!!!!!!!!

dj paul and juicy j definitely top 10 producers in my book... they got infinite bangers... their own style, crazy flips, obscure samples, and heat that spans 2 decades... thats permeated both the underground and mainstream markets!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go download pats disco if yall aint up on it...

dumb out music... riot music... run a train on a skank theme music....

cheese... dopeeeee...... and a whole lottaaaaaaa weeeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

djskillz
06-28-2010, 03:21 PM
^Co-sign.