PDA

View Full Version : I Can't Believe How Gay LL Cool J's Albums Have Been After The GOAT Album

CharlesJones
06-26-2010, 10:31 AM
It's really a shame that this legendary rapper got soft after The GOAT album. He was putting out hardcore joints from Radio up until Mr Smith album. Then when Phenomenon album came out, that shit was gay and i expected it to be hard when i heard 4,3,2,1 song. I remember when i first saw Phenomenon video and i was like what the hell is this gay shit LOL. 4,3,2,1 is the only good song on that album. Then when he came out with The GOAT, i was liking what i was hearing on the album because i like most of the songs. He got some good guest appearances on there from Xzibit, Jayo Felony, Snoop Dogg, Prodigy of Mobb Deep, Redman, DMX, Method Man. Then he got the bonus track Ill Bomb which was already on Funkmaster Flex and Big Kap's The Tunnel album. That song is hard. Can't Think and LL Cool J songs on there are the shit. I love the beats on those songs. Imagine That song which was the first single is tight too. What the hell happened to him after The GOAT? Hahahahahahahahaha. I listened to Ten album and it sucks. I heard his last album Exit 13 and it sucks. I haven't heard The Definition and Todd Smith albums and i don't wanna hear them LOL. I saw Todd Smith at the library and i still passed on it LOL.

It trips me out when i listen to his hard albums sometimes like Radio, Bigger And Deffer, Walking With A Panther(i don't know why this album got so much criticism because people was saying he was bragging too much about himself and this album is his best one to me LOL. He got a lot of hard joints on there and the 3 wack love songs on there should've been replaced by some hard joints. Plus the album picture showing him sitting on a briefcase on a cellphone with 3 hot women behind him with some champagne is tight. He was living large back then LOL. One of the women behind him is model/actress Veronica Webb who was his woman in In Too Deep movie.), Mama Said Knock You Out, 14 Shots To The Dome, Mr Smith, The GOAT and i say to myself, how is it that he can do a lot of hard joints on those albums and then all of a sudden, he does several wack albums. I just don't understand him. He got mad at Jay-Z when Jay-Z was working at Def Jam because he didn't promote Todd Smith album. I wouldn't have promoted that wack shit either hahahahahahahahaha.

Thworldisyours
06-26-2010, 11:00 AM
Replace "LL Cool J" with "Jay-Z" and "The GOAT Album" with "The Black Album"...

Add it to "When Good Retirements Go Bad" files...

CharlesJones
06-26-2010, 11:04 AM
I could care less about Jay-Z. He's a overrated rapper. I like his first 2 albums and that's it. This topic is about LL Cool J.

Thworldisyours
06-26-2010, 11:12 AM
Replace "could care less" with "couldn't care less"...

And the term "overrated" is overrated...

CharlesJones
06-26-2010, 11:16 AM
LOL@replace could care less with couldn't care less hahahahahahahaha. Are you a LL Cool J fan? He's done a few wack movies. I think In Too Deep is his best movie. He was hard in that. He plays on NCIS Los Angeles tv show now.

Tommy
06-26-2010, 12:30 PM
What LL does now doesn't really bother me that much as he's blessed us with such great music. If he wants to go and make music for teenage girls, then so be it, he has every right to do that after what he's done for hip hop.

Plus, I thought the "Phenomenon" album was tight, but each to his own.

CharlesJones
06-26-2010, 12:34 PM
LOL@you think Phenomenon album is tight hahahahahahahahahaha. What's tight about it? LOL. What songs you like on the album? I know he's done a lot for rap music but it pisses me off to hear the hard songs he did back in the day and now he's doing these gay ass songs for the radio and ladies. I don't agree with that shit Canibus said when he said 99% of LL's fans wear high heels because i know he had some black men fans back in the day. He probably lost a lot of black men fans with the music he's done the last 4 albums but he could get those fans back if he did hardcore music again. How is he gonna be pissed at Jay-Z for not promoting Todd Smith album? Does he really think black men wanna listen to that wack shit on there? He's not doing hardcore music anymore and most black guys that are rap fans wanna hear hardcore music.

Tommy
06-26-2010, 12:41 PM
I like the title track because it's a good club song, "Starsky and Hutch" with Busta is dope, "Another Dollar" is not bad, same with "Hot, Hot, Hot", "Father"'s really moving, and "4,3,2,1" is obviously a brilliant posse cut. True, it's far from his best album but I wouldn't call it wack.

I've not listened to any of his albums after this one but I'm definitley gonna check out "GOAT".

CharlesJones
06-26-2010, 12:42 PM
I would call Phenomenon album wack LOL. It's not good at all. The GOAT album is definitely a must have.

Tommy
06-26-2010, 12:45 PM
What did you think to "Mr. Smith"? I'd say it's one of his best.

CharlesJones
06-26-2010, 12:48 PM
Mr Smith is very good. I was listening to that earlier this week. I like the album pictures too. DJ Premier sampled his voice from I Shot Ya remix on Gang Starr's Next Time song on Moment Of Truth album saying not this time but next time. Next Time is a hard song.

CharlesJones
06-26-2010, 12:51 PM
Props to cute sexy female rapper Laschea who rapped on LL's Doin It song on Mr Smith album. I like her lyrics on Doin It. She sounds like a freak LOL. She was moaning at the end of the song and she was saying uncle L LOL. I like her lyrics on Coolio's Mama I'm In Love With A Gangsta song on his first album. She was also the one who kept saying where they at on Monie Love's Monie In The Middle song. She did a video in the 90's called Wide Open. Her lyrics on that were sexual.

Tommy
06-26-2010, 12:57 PM
Yeah she was pretty hot, and you know LL must have hit that back in the day. Wonder what the fuck she's doing now.

CharlesJones
06-26-2010, 01:03 PM
She sued LL awhile back in 95 i think because she was pissed at him for him not letting her perform on tour with him when he did Doin It song. He said at the time he didn't want her performing with him because she was pregnant. I wonder what she's doing now too. She was hot back in the day. I wanna fuck her, Monie Love, Rah Digga, Foxy Brown, Da Brat, Little Kim before she had plastic surgery LOL.

Thworldisyours
06-27-2010, 08:02 PM
Got nothing against LL... Not one of my all-time favorties but he's made a ton of songs I like...

I just think people need to stop listening to 40 year old rappers expecting them to sound 20...

On Jay-Z last album, he said something to the effect of, "You dont like my new shit, go play my old shit........"

And that was the first and last time I played BP3...

Thworldisyours
06-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Oh and Tommy, great sig by the way...

Definitely one of the best I've ever seen...

claaa7
06-28-2010, 03:59 AM
i agree with everything you just said Charles, LL Cool J was one of the greatest rappers of all time and with the exception of "Phenomenon" album his catalouge between 1985 and 2000 (that's 15 years folk) is one of the illest in hip-hop.

check the raw lyricism and '80s blast off "Bigger And Deffer", the production and HARD LYRICS of the masterpiece that is "Mama Said Knock You Out" and the continuation of that sound that was "14 Shots to the Dome" (my two favorite albums of his - much thanks to Marley Marl). On "Mr. Smith" he took a new direction, lyrically it was still great, but the smoother style came through but it was in a good way - backed up by The Trackmasters, Rashad Smith and Easy Mo Bee it made for an incredible album. it was pretty soft in parts but in a good way, like GOOD R&B hip-hop.

"Phenomenon" was WACK as fuck, i don't know what the fuck LL was trying to do here but he catched alot of flack for it which is probably why he loaded up the next 3 year to come back with a venegance. Naming himself the greatest of all time, releasing an album fueled by the disses from Canibus and the claims that he had became soft he stroke back with "G.O.A.T.". a personal album that touched on a wide array of topics and brought in alot of hot guest producers and guest MC's. Rockwilder, DJ Scratch, Havoc, Vada Nobbles, Ty Fyffe, Adam F and The Trackmasters helped LL put together one album worthy of his legacy that would be his perfect retirement album. He also had the hottest rappers at the time joining him with might even gained him some new fans (Mobb Deep, Xzibit, Snoop Dogg, Method Man & Redman, Ja Rule and DMX). "G.O.A.T." definitely should've been LL Cool J's last album cuz after that every other album has hurt his legacy so much that some people see him as a wack rapper, if he had stopped in 2000 he would've had the legacy of say, Rakim, Big Daddy Kane or Kool G Rap.

LL had a great run though, no matter how many shitty albums he puts out (that i act as they don't exist) he is one of the greatest MC's. haha this turned out long but i'm still wasted on klonopin since yesterday.

CharlesJones
07-03-2010, 11:17 AM
LOL@Claaa7 saying Phenomenon is wack as fuck and the albums he's done after The GOAT, you act like they don't exist hahahahahahahahaha. You're a funny guy but i agree with you. Leshawn is the girl's name who rapped on his Doin It and Nobody Can Freak You songs. I said her name was Laschea and that's Masta Ace's wife name.

CharlesJones
07-10-2010, 11:18 AM
14 Shots To The Dome album isn't good either but it's better than Phenomenon. Only songs i like on 14 Shots To The Dome is How I'm Comin, Pink Cookies In A Plastic Bag, No Frontin Allowed with Lords Of The Underground, Back Seat, Ain't No Stoppin This, Diggy Down.

Mr. R&B
07-10-2010, 01:07 PM
I've never been a Cool J fan.

Sure, his first few albums are dope and I recognize their impact on the genre.

But he's a douchebag of a person with an ego the size of the solar system.

claaa7
07-10-2010, 02:15 PM
14 Shots To The Dome album isn't good either but it's better than Phenomenon. Only songs i like on 14 Shots To The Dome is How I'm Comin, Pink Cookies In A Plastic Bag, No Frontin Allowed with Lords Of The Underground, Back Seat, Ain't No Stoppin This, Diggy Down.

nah i disagree "14 Shots..." was dope and did the job of carrying on the sound of "Mama Said...". altho not as good as that LP, most songs on there were slamming

BIG D O
07-10-2010, 07:38 PM
true...LL hasn't been raw in forever....

goes and bumps "Walkin With A Panther"....