cap
06-27-2010, 08:41 AM
tribe?

whitey
06-27-2010, 08:50 AM
wu tang

fatboybrandon
06-27-2010, 09:20 AM
Yeah that's kinda tragic what happened with Pharcyde, even though members are doing well and touring nowadays. I was just listening to a radio show where they spoke about the excessive drug use that affected things.

cap: yeah, I guess you could say Tribe, I remember Phife's solo album after he broke off and he was taking shots at the other group members. I think they had announced an official breakup before time, but still it was a sudden blow to hip hop.

EPMD's The Hit Squad
Death Row Records

Sense-A
06-27-2010, 09:30 AM
good one.

Binary Star - one classic album they they bicker and break up before they are even known outside of Michigan. onebelo and senom silla couldn't get along i guess. Too bad.

NWA?

Rage Against the Machine - may have been their time. Still wish zach de la rocha stayed with the group and did another couple albums.

The Firm - Nas AZ Foxy Cormega (later replaced by Nature). If they had kept the original 4 and had more production from Dr. Dre and trackmasters this could have been an elite super group. Instead they started bitching and fighting before the first album even dropped. Can't remember why cormega was kicked out...

Hieroglyphics - 3rd eye vision and full circle came too far apart. Group had a lot more potential but it all fizzled out. Only Del has had a good solo career. Casual, pep love, domino and some of the others were capable of doing their own thing....overall the whole thing kind of imploded

Fugees - Wyclef, Lauren hill, pras, .....The Score was their last real album together as far as i know. Would have been nice if they did another album like that. It ended too quickly.

Gunz N Roses - I've always wished for more albums like Appetite for Destruction. Axle, Slash all these egos....the double album that came out in like '91 was too far astray from their original formula. Still a classic rock band of my youth!!

Smashing Pumpkins - Corgan was a genius. This group came out with some brilliant music. Seems like it didn't last long enough.

Bone Thugz N Harmony - when eazy E died, and then their producer DJ U-Neek went to jail, it was over from there. Bizzy supposedly spent a long time in jail too. I always wished for another E1999 eternal. Although it seems the group is for the most part back together on some soft shit now.

Edgar Erebus
06-27-2010, 10:44 AM
The Firm - Nas AZ Foxy Cormega (later replaced by Nature). If they had kept the original 4 and had more production from Dr. Dre and trackmasters this could have been an elite super group. Instead they started bitching and fighting before the first album even dropped. Can't remember why cormega was kicked out...

He signed with Def Jam instead of listening to Stoute and signing with Columbia.

Public Enemy. They were international megastars in beginning of '92 with such hits as Shut Em Down and Arizona, few months later they were on verge of breakup with Flavor in rehab and Bomb Squad falling apart.

Mr. R&B
06-27-2010, 11:38 AM
Non-Phixion

"The Future Is Now" is pretty much a classic, had their follow up album "The Nuclear Truth" been completed and released it may have solidified them as legends.

But thanks to Goretex being a douchebag and alienating just about everyone he ever worked with, three dope groups were put on indefinite hiatus.

The other groups being Circle of Tyrants & Secret Society.

Here is the only snippet ever released from the sessions that would have become "The Nuclear Truth"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9dA7UnCoD0

Crackhead Bob
06-27-2010, 11:39 AM
Omc

Tommy
06-27-2010, 11:47 AM
The Fugees basically define this thread.

oDoUoSoKo
06-27-2010, 12:18 PM
the LO-ah

Mr. R&B
06-27-2010, 12:35 PM
^They're still together.

oDoUoSoKo
06-27-2010, 01:19 PM
so is PE

Mr. R&B
06-27-2010, 01:20 PM
Good point.

360beatz
06-27-2010, 01:22 PM
jJXyZeyNuFI

Tommy
06-27-2010, 02:00 PM
What about Main Source? Surprised nobody's mentioned them.

SilvaFistz
06-27-2010, 02:36 PM
leaders of the new school

hide1998
06-27-2010, 03:21 PM
Hieroglyphics - 3rd eye vision and full circle came too far apart. Group had a lot more potential but it all fizzled out. Only Del has had a good solo career. Casual, pep love, domino and some of the others were capable of doing their own thing....overall the whole thing kind of imploded

Very inaccurate, as the group continues to do well during their tours. Both Del & Souls released one of the best albums of 2009.

Basically, your write up reads like you just made things up as you typed.

ALCATRAZ
06-27-2010, 03:35 PM
i live in the bay hiero is a mainstay they will never go out of style

check two
06-28-2010, 03:53 PM
Fat Boys

J-DON
06-28-2010, 04:51 PM
Three 6 Mafia

Rame
06-28-2010, 05:10 PM
Infinity Ward.

j/k.

drippie k
06-28-2010, 05:51 PM
fugees n bone thugs are good examples...after flesh went to jail, bizzy gettin kicked out..its like they've had like 3-4 comebacks since then lol

drippie k
06-28-2010, 05:53 PM
Three 6 Mafia
they were always pretty popular..i remember being in 7th grade listening to Chicken Head or Sippin on Sizzurp..their biggest moment was when Gotta Stay Fly came out n they won that Oscar..after that its like they pretty much went under the radar

buckshotstheone
06-29-2010, 12:19 AM
gang starr. hate to say it but yall know it's true.

Mr. R&B
06-29-2010, 12:39 AM
Of course it's true, as well as saddening.

P.S.: FUCK SOLAR. :fucku:

FasterBlade
06-29-2010, 01:45 PM
gang starr. hate to say it but yall know it's true.

yep, they broke up before Moment dropped, but didnt let it go public. and by the time Ownerz came out it was pretty obvious the vibe was gone

Hiero was really more of a collective, like DITC was. they still put out alot of stuff, but its very local

Dipset dropped wackass DI 2 and lost mad fans, then broke up. they could have had at least another 2-3 years

NWA might have still sold after Cube left, and im a fan of both albums, but losing your best member after album is the definition of imploding

djskillz
06-29-2010, 01:55 PM
^I agree. The soul of NWA was gone when Cube left. Losing their primary writer they became a parody of themselves. Alot more focus on violence and misogyny after he left. That shows you all the political stuff on Straight Outta Compton was all Cube's doing.

main_man
06-29-2010, 03:13 PM
gangstarr for sure. they were capable of giving us so many more dope albums.

n.w.a. was never the same after cube left.

the geto boys just really dont get along with one another.

3rd bass was the shit. i really dont know why they split, but its a damn shame.

the firm is the definition of woulda, coulda, shoulda but didnt really do shit.

murder inc. (the jay-z, dmx & ja rule group). these cats woulda sold a whole lot of records. im guessing dmxs love of crack had something to do with it.

g-unit. 50 just couldnt let people have their own opinions, so he would just kick your ass out the group. if he kept game and buck they might still be a pretty strong group.

and of course the fugees.

Twiztid-Wutang
06-29-2010, 04:45 PM
Almost ALL groups and such implode at the height of popularity.

Bad boy
Cash money
No limit
Death row
Fugees
Tribe
Leaders of the new school

The list goes on and on