PDA

View Full Version : On the HRSMN (More specifically, Kurupt)

THUGNIFICENT
06-29-2010, 12:20 PM
Mainly, why the fuck is he in there? Bis, Rass & KP can all unleash jewels anytime they set their mind to it; I've never heard a verse or song from Kurupt that got any sort of reaction close to what I get from the other three. The other three drop science; Kurupt, not so much.

Anybody care to prove me wrong?

Undiluted Karma
06-29-2010, 01:10 PM
Mainly, why the fuck is he in there? Bis, Rass & KP can all unleash jewels anytime they set their mind to it; I've never heard a verse or song from Kurupt that got any sort of reaction close to what I get from the other three. The other three drop science; Kurupt, not so much.

Anybody care to prove me wrong?

ahha dude i was thinking the same thing a few days ago listening to "Horsementality" dude can't step up to the other three, dude was just spitting mediocre overly misogynistic rhymes with no real flow, or lyrical quality. Tbh i havent heard barely any Kurupt so im quite ill placed to comment but the impression wasn't great, in comparison to the other horsemen who are mad talented and consistent.

Undiluted Karma
06-29-2010, 01:13 PM
GZA should replace Kurupt as a Horsemen...Dude is of the same pedigree of Canibus and KP and has collabed with both before and meshes well with them

djskillz
06-29-2010, 01:15 PM
If you haven't heard a good verse from Kurupt then you need to go back and listen to the Dogg Pound albums (specifically Dogg Food). At his prime Kurupt > your favorite emcee. I do agree that he hasn't been that great since the 2000s but saying Kurupt's never dropped an ill verse is just ignorant. New York New York alone is fucking ridiculous. Got My Mind Made Up? Even though he was on a track w/ 2Pac, Daz, Method Man & Redman (& Inspectah Deck originally) he still had one of the best verses on that track.

djskillz
06-29-2010, 01:20 PM
_mbc7WX4bRw

hkGMMVZC5KI

9X_JJeVJLFc

-8JcbELtKvs

^Four of his best verses. The last two songs have some of the best verses of all time delivered by Kurupt.

THUGNIFICENT
06-29-2010, 01:36 PM
_mbc7WX4bRw

hkGMMVZC5KI

9X_JJeVJLFc

-8JcbELtKvs

^Four of his best verses. The last two songs have some of the best verses of all time delivered by Kurupt.

I listened to all of those songs, and I honestly don't think he's coming close to touching Ras or Bis on this shit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi-0RsGcVpo
Dead ass.

djskillz
06-29-2010, 01:38 PM
^I can't see the video. But if you can't see how dope his verse on Got My Mind Made Up is then let's just agree to disagree.

madchild
06-29-2010, 02:27 PM
MmDrDaSQtcc

DFbyZ3aUX4U

7To6DQRm8ME

Tecknowledgist
06-29-2010, 04:30 PM
HRMSN was formed as a supergroup consisting of four of the top MCs in the game at the time, and Kurupt definitely fit the bill.

Kurupt doesn't have to rhyme about swords, dragons and poisonous darts to be a top MC!!!!

Eminem even said Kurupt is one of the best ever, and Kurupt was rhyming on classic Hip-Hop albums long before any of the other horsemen were even known outside their own household.

Matter fact, Canibus' first ever verse was next to Kurupt.

"Since ninety-six, the Dogg Pound remix
First time anybody put me down to spit!" - BIS

mn1aVUTZt7U

Respect a legend, damn it.

djskillz
06-29-2010, 04:35 PM
^repped.

INF
06-29-2010, 04:49 PM
I tried to go and prove you wrong and kept coming up with shit that Daz had did.I had dude mistaken for Daz.daz is the shit. you right though , I don't really think Kurupt is doin or had done much.

spiggity_ace
06-29-2010, 05:29 PM
_mbc7WX4bRw

hkGMMVZC5KI

9X_JJeVJLFc

-8JcbELtKvs

nice work, im shocked at people doubting kurupt, hes one of the illest from the west, anyone remember the sotyr of him sonnin like 100 mcs in a club in one night?

oh and saying kurupt is the weakest out of these 4 isnt saying muych, look who hes in the group with, them other 3 are pretty slept on outside of underground heads, they all ill.

KillahBee09
06-29-2010, 05:35 PM
His veres on "Stranded on Death Row" and "Puffin' On Blunts" are 2 of the best verses of the early 90's imo, Puffin on Blunts got Kurupt a quotable in the Source back when they mattered

In terms of delivery and mic presence, he's probably the best West Coast emcee

Monkdude
06-29-2010, 06:48 PM
kurupt is ill and has a better overall catalogue than canibus, or ras kass for that matter

sdeblasi
06-29-2010, 11:17 PM
SMH at the threadstarter and anyone agreeing with him

Jragonsoul
06-30-2010, 01:33 AM
His veres on "Stranded on Death Row" and "Puffin' On Blunts" are 2 of the best verses of the early 90's imo, Puffin on Blunts got Kurupt a quotable in the Source back when they mattered

In terms of delivery and mic presence, he's probably the best West Coast emcee

May I ask what is mic pressure?

Undiluted Karma
06-30-2010, 02:58 AM
some dudes are getting mad butthurt
lmao

THUGNIFICENT
06-30-2010, 09:35 AM
OKay everybody take a deep breath. You all posted videos and dude is/was nice, but he still doesn't belong in the HRSMN. Teck, if you can't rap about dragons and aliens and shit, you shouldn't be in the HRSMN. Dead ass. Nobody's shown me evidence that he can drop anything that's good with the same style as the other three. And everybody keeps showing me videos to songs from the 90's. It's been two decades. Where is he at now? Ras, Bis, and KP are all still doing their thing to the max; Kurupt drops two terrible albums a year which are all subject to the law of diminishing returns.

There's still been no evidence provided that he belongs in the HRSMN. There's been mad evidence that dude is nice, crazy nice, but beyond that - nothing.

djskillz
06-30-2010, 02:26 PM
if you can't rap about dragons and aliens and shit, you shouldn't be in the HRSMN

lmao