PDA

View Full Version : Fuck That 1, This 1 Is The Battle To Be The Best

Visionz
10-08-2005, 11:40 AM
I thought that it'd be tight to have a competition to really see who is the champ of this wu-tang clan. Seeing that this is a fight to see who's champ, this competition is going to be by invite only. No amatuers, or questionable worthiness, is going to be allowed into this competition. If for some reason I overlook you then send me a PM and I'll take a look at your other post on this site, if imo your verses are dope enough and consistent enough then I'll include you in the tournament. I do this to keep the competition level high, I wanna see a lot of tight-ass battles come out of this, not a much of rookies getting slayed by the veterans of this culture.
I'm making a list of names here, if you're listed and would like to participate in this comp. just please make a reply in the thread to let me knw. Seeing as how I was recently laid-off from work I'll have lots of time on my hands and will oversee this whole tournament. As a participant everyone will be required to vote on all battles not including their own. Since I'm only allowing the real heads into the tournament all votes carry equal weight, regardless of how little or how much you say w/ your vote. I would encourage everyone to explain their vote, however it is by no means mandatory. I'm going to give everyone a week to either respond or make a request for entrance. At the end of the week, names will be randomly chose outta of a hat to set up the brackets. Once a bracket has been set the participants in that battle will have 3 days to respond, a lot quicker if possible, but I realize some of us are busy, if however you do not respond in 3 days you will automatically forfeit that round. The final four of the tournament will be the championship rounds and will go two verses per round, all other battles are a verse a piece, and a limit of two builds allowed for whoever wins the coin flip to go second. If you do exceed two builds, you will be deducted a vote. I do this to limit the advantage of going second. This rule will not apply in the championship rounds. All rounds are to 5 votes, no ko's or any other bullshit. May the best man win.

Invites for display of dope lyrical skillz are as follow in no particualar order.......

teknicel stylez/whatradio/god concept/luther large/charging soldier/hollywood realty/skales/spoken/surreal/44trumpets/kingshyt/barn/big ben.....and of course unseen

like I said yall just hit me up within the next week if yall are down, and pm me if you think u belong

tha god concept
10-08-2005, 12:19 PM
killin it homie!!

jjh_38
10-08-2005, 12:27 PM
im in

Grim Reapa
10-08-2005, 12:52 PM
Fuck u nigga

how can he judge skill

u forgot

Definitive X, Locust, Jamel, even myself

TeknicelStylez
10-08-2005, 08:11 PM
and Kyng Shit, fuck it im in.

Grim Reapa
10-08-2005, 08:34 PM
thanx spok3n......any ways

just look

I've beat Hollywood, Eric Unseen, and God Concept, and tied with whatradio

4 ppl on ur narrow minded list nigga u just mad at me for not battlin u u merked me that time.....next time its gonna be different iight

Visionz
10-08-2005, 09:58 PM
yeah

thats why i dont battle

i just dont know how too diss

Seems like by your own admission your game has fallen off and by reading some of your recent post I would say you have, now you wanna battle to see who's best? How bout you give a real response to the verses I already responded with to the battle you asked for and then bowed out of, not even really responding. To me that's some pussy shit. If you're true to this, you'd battle even if you know you've been outmatched, the post is still there, put up or shut up. Show me you still got a game worth bringin to the court and I'll include you here. Right now, I'd say ur shit is questionable and directly ripping lines from Immortal Technique in your temple of darts post aint helpin.

I know when I orignally wrote this up that there would be some people I left out, if anyone feels that's the case and they want to get in on this tournament, pm and let me know. I'll make the decision at that time if your previous battles warrant an entry. peace

Grim Reapa
10-08-2005, 10:08 PM
directly ripping lines? Goes to show u dont even ma fuckin read

I posted a verse calm down buddy, Im what u call a lazy dominican like a mexican but lazier

You know i can still battle, u just naive nigga

w/e go read the responce

Potent1
10-08-2005, 11:12 PM
This should be interesting..... Get it on...

just try and keep it organized, half of these battling threads don't got anywhere because its so un organized...

anybody on paypal? i got a sure bet on the winner.... HA!

Undead Ninja
10-09-2005, 01:21 AM
Fuck You You Bitch Ass Nigga You Ain't Shit Ohh Sit You Text Battle And Deafeat People Nigga! I'll Meet Your Bitch Ass On The Mother Fuckin Street And Rule You Everyone Here Knows You Copied Gza's Flow So Shut The Fuck Up Your A Motherfucking Dick Rider Of All The Peoples Names You Invited Bitch!

TeknicelStylez
10-09-2005, 07:11 AM
Fuck You You Bitch Ass Nigga You Ain't Shit Ohh Sit You Text Battle And Deafeat People Nigga! I'll Meet Your Bitch Ass On The Mother Fuckin Street And Rule You Everyone Here Knows You Copied Gza's Flow So Shut The Fuck Up Your A Motherfucking Dick Rider Of All The Peoples Names You Invited Bitch!Homo says what?

TeknicelStylez
10-09-2005, 07:15 AM
Yo genious stop acting like a baby, if I was eric, I wouldn't let you in the tournament just because you whining. Maybe if you would've pm'ed him instead of spazzing out like a 12 year old you'd be in the fuckin tourney.

Calm the fuck down, and observe from the sidelines. I'm amazed you won any battles, because as a battle emcee IMO your garbage.

hollywoodrealty
10-09-2005, 07:54 AM
this battle shit isnt fun anymore, shit got to serious, yet no one can organize shit, there will always be contraversy, thats how this shit goes, im laying low for a bit so u can count me out of this battle, i already killed 1/2 the kats in this forem and now people are hating, so now its time for me to dig through what i wrote these past few months, do some editing, and put together some tracks and shit, this battle shit is for the birds.......

instead of a battle at constintly taken punches at each other, ya'll should be concentrating on battles that are based on lyrical skill, no punches, just who can drop the dopest shit, if u listen to the majority of good hip hop, its not a battle, its someone speaking their mind, and then we decice who is best based on his thoughts, not on who he dissed, so lets get refocused here, id rather be in a battle where u didnt take any shots at anyone specific, just drop your best lyrics and then let people vote based on the content of your rhymes, not on who is cool with who, anyways im out, peace

TeknicelStylez
10-09-2005, 08:21 AM
this battle shit isnt fun anymore, shit got to serious, yet no one can organize shit, there will always be contraversy, thats how this shit goes, im laying low for a bit so u can count me out of this battle, i already killed 1/2 the kats in this forem and now people are hating, so now its time for me to dig through what i wrote these past few months, do some editing, and put together some tracks and shit, this battle shit is for the birds.......

instead of a battle at constintly taken punches at each other, ya'll should be concentrating on battles that are based on lyrical skill, no punches, just who can drop the dopest shit, if u listen to the majority of good hip hop, its not a battle, its someone speaking their mind, and then we decice who is best based on his thoughts, not on who he dissed, so lets get refocused here, id rather be in a battle where u didnt take any shots at anyone specific, just drop your best lyrics and then let people vote based on the content of your rhymes, not on who is cool with who, anyways im out, peaceThats not a battle thats a contest.

A battle is two opponents clashing with intent on inflicting harm to eachother.

A contest is when people gather for punch and pie to present their art work to be judged and decide whether or not it's the best.

Do what you feel mang, you haven't seen me battle in a minute, thats cause I can't stand the new vote shit, it's fuckin impossible to get votes now. I just entered this because its an easy explanation. Don't drop out because of other people though, it's what it means to you not what it means to them. If you think you won then fuck it you won, period. Fuck the votes, just keep swingin your sword and heads will fall.

hollywoodrealty
10-09-2005, 08:22 AM
ok mr smarty pants, then we need a contest thread

TeknicelStylez
10-09-2005, 08:24 AM
ok mr smarty pants, then we need a contest threadLOL than make one champ.

hollywoodrealty
10-09-2005, 09:00 AM
ya ill submit the idea to bigben and see how he wants to handle it, bcuz im tired of battling cats, everyone always saying the same shit in a million different ways, i say its time we all excel to the next stage, and why not do it together, we all evolving here

Grim Reapa
10-09-2005, 09:11 AM
Yo genious stop acting like a baby, if I was eric, I wouldn't let you in the tournament just because you whining. Maybe if you would've pm'ed him instead of spazzing out like a 12 year old you'd be in the fuckin tourney.

Calm the fuck down, and observe from the sidelines. I'm amazed you won any battles, because as a battle emcee IMO your garbage.
I pmed him a day ago tek......

hollywoodrealty
10-09-2005, 09:13 AM
genius, is that u, vernakula

Grim Reapa
10-09-2005, 09:17 AM
w/e i dont even want in this narrow minded shit,

Tek get off erics dick

just saying ur missing dope ppl and ppl who have beaten u so just dont talk iight 1

TeknicelStylez
10-09-2005, 09:28 AM
I aint on Erics dick and I'll talk whenever I feel like it. Your just a little kid who can't stand being belittled.

Grim Reapa
10-09-2005, 09:38 AM
keep fuckin wit me really its good for ur image

w/e like i said i dont want part in this shit now

I should be on that list just saying i beat hollywood concept even the lists creator

hes too stubborn too actually look at some older battles whatever fuck it

ya'll know its ether gonna be kingshyt or spok3n that wins this....

Why not at least include Jamel dont come off as a total dick

he beat spok3n

jjh_38
10-09-2005, 09:42 AM

instead of a battle at constintly taken punches at each other, ya'll should be concentrating on battles that are based on lyrical skill, no punches, just who can drop the dopest shit, if u listen to the majority of good hip hop, its not a battle, its someone speaking their mind, and then we decice who is best based on his thoughts, not on who he dissed, so lets get refocused here, id rather be in a battle where u didnt take any shots at anyone specific, just drop your best lyrics and then let people vote based on the content of your rhymes, not on who is cool with who, anyways im out, peace
this is fucking retarded.. the whole point of a battle is to take down your opponent, that doesn't mean you have to sacrifice lyrical skill when doing so.. it just means you have to get more creative and find ways to diss your opponent specifically.

ADAM*
10-09-2005, 11:09 AM
What Hollywood is talking about is called a "topical" battle. It's where you have a topic to drop a verse on...then people vote. It's still your rhymes against your opponent's rhymes so it's still considered a battle. I know y'all don't know me or whatever but that's what it is. It's cool because it allows your skill to grow in areas other than disses and still lets you be competitive. You make a topic like "If you were God" or "finding out you're black" or even writing off of a decided on picture....telling a story from it. Then people vote on cats like imagery, emotion, vocab, etc. It's cool stuff and the man's got the right idea. Regular battling is always people saying the EXACT same thing just in a regurgitated fashion and calling it new. You grow alot more with topicals. Y'all should check that junk out.

PEACE

b.a.R.n.
10-09-2005, 11:45 AM
im in, peace

jjh_38
10-09-2005, 11:53 AM
What Hollywood is talking about is called a "topical" battle. It's where you have a topic to drop a verse on...then people vote. It's still your rhymes against your opponent's rhymes so it's still considered a battle. I know y'all don't know me or whatever but that's what it is. It's cool because it allows your skill to grow in areas other than disses and still lets you be competitive. You make a topic like "If you were God" or "finding out you're black" or even writing off of a decided on picture....telling a story from it. Then people vote on cats like imagery, emotion, vocab, etc. It's cool stuff and the man's got the right idea. Regular battling is always people saying the EXACT same thing just in a regurgitated fashion and calling it new. You grow alot more with topicals. Y'all should check that junk out.

PEACEyeah.. ive done topical battles before.. but thats no way to structure a tournament.. kno what im sayin? Should be every man for himself.. proovin he's the best battler by dissin the competetors. The fact that so many concepts in battles have been played out adds an extra challenge of tryin to keep your rhymes fresh.

Visionz
10-09-2005, 12:59 PM
directly ripping lines? Goes to show u dont even ma fuckin read

I understand the bible but they tell me other religions are wrong
Even though Jesus is the most quoted figure in the Quran

wow, really?

Definitive X
10-09-2005, 01:57 PM
I personally feel that y'all talk shit, and never battle...since before bigben got here, all y'all do is start beef with nothing to back it up...fuck it, me, G..., Spoken, and skale are the best battlers on the Corp., because when it comes down to it, none of us argue or shit-talk in any of our battles, we do what we do to get it done and let y'all vote and decide on it...so don't cry about what the next man has to say, just get him in the battle...

No disrespect.
PEACE

Grim Reapa
10-09-2005, 02:31 PM
aight aight a freestyle immortal technique did but

God Concept ripped lines from C-Rayz Walz yet he is on the list

And a bunch of cats on that list too

I admitted it like he did

Grim Reapa
10-09-2005, 02:33 PM
I personally feel that y'all talk shit, and never battle...since before bigben got here, all y'all do is start beef with nothing to back it up...fuck it, me, G..., Spoken, and skale are the best battlers on the Corp., because when it comes down to it, none of us argue or shit-talk in any of our battles, we do what we do to get it done and let y'all vote and decide on it...so don't cry about what the next man has to say, just get him in the battle...

No disrespect.
PEACE
Ok few errors with ur list

Imma agree with spok3n and skale

You have thrown weak punches and G...'s out there no offence

Sicka than aidZ
10-09-2005, 02:44 PM
i think the idea's getting killed. picture the voting

Definitive X
10-09-2005, 04:45 PM
Ok few errors with ur list

Imma agree with spok3n and skale

You have thrown weak punches and G...'s out there no offence No offense taken, and this is just my personal opinion from stuff I've read until I stopped coming in here on a regular basis...cuz shit has gotten weak, unstructrued, and chaotic...people just need to stop whining. If some1 calls you out, answer him with a battle. That's all I"m asking.

RockD
10-09-2005, 05:19 PM
YO YO YO WTF HOW COME I WASNT MENTIONED ...lol naw j/k i can see this is goin to be good .... i whish my battles were as good as my freestyles ...but i hate to agree wilt genius allah aka verwut eva but jamel should be part of it.

Visionz
10-10-2005, 12:57 AM
I agree, Jamel pm'd me and he's in. I knew I had made some mistakes when I intially made the list. I'll correct 'em if their warranted and a request to be in is made.peace

Robert
10-10-2005, 10:40 AM
Because he had the handful of dickriders to vote for him
That simply aint true man.......

Luther Large
10-10-2005, 10:52 AM
i'm in yo find me a spot 4 real

Robert
10-10-2005, 11:10 AM
thats aight....Spok3

Luther Large
10-10-2005, 05:16 PM
if this is gettin started

when is it happening?

lets get it going

Visionz
10-10-2005, 05:33 PM
settin aside a week for everyone who's invited to see the thread and sign-up. It's been here for a day or two so it's less than a week now. I'm also working on getting a sig. designed to go to the winner of the comp, so just keep the sword sharpened, it'll go down soon enough. peace

WARPATH
10-10-2005, 07:19 PM
I'm in

But I got alot of shit going on this week......my office is sending us on our annual retreat................
buy when I get back i'll be ready -like by next sunday or monday....

alot of cats been battling the rooks and just slaying them so it'll be interesting to see what happens.......

everyone ought just quit the fucking whining either sign up or shut the fuck up

if you name wasn't up there then pm the man and try and get in....if he won't let you in call him out and battle him so you can prove that your in this shit

but quit all the fucking whining

b.a.R.n.
10-11-2005, 06:13 AM
yo im ready to go, i like the whole idea but i think im prob the only newb/rookie invited...not that i think anybody can beat me haha it would be cool if i grabbed that title lol

Visionz
10-11-2005, 06:40 AM
So far we got a total a total of nine contestants in the battle

KingShyt/the God Concept/B.a.r.n/Genius Allah/Jamel the Prophet/Luther Large/Charging Soldier/Teknickel Styles/Unseen.........Spoken, it seems like ur probably down but still no def answer from you....would be best to get at least three more emcees in here to get even brackets and a good number of battles.......I'll be setting up the final brackets by Saturday morning....peace

Visionz
10-12-2005, 06:10 PM
bump, bump

Luther Large
10-12-2005, 06:12 PM
pm pale kris he'd probly be down and he's spittin hott verses latley

Visionz
10-12-2005, 09:19 PM
just recieved word from whatradio that he's in. he's one of the fiercest, yall better have those swords sharpened.lol peace

Grim Reapa
10-12-2005, 09:21 PM
cant wait for this shit

ive savin my A game for shit like this props eric 1

Visionz
10-13-2005, 06:15 AM
rockd and pale kris are in, that brings the # up to 12, 16 is the magic number I shootin for, if your interested in the comp let me know.peace

Grim Reapa
10-13-2005, 09:36 AM
but pale u gotta bring it there some fierce nigguz here that'll tear ppl up

b.a.R.n.
10-13-2005, 10:23 AM
yo eric how are you gonna set up the battles, who against who nahmean?

Visionz
10-13-2005, 02:27 PM
^ everyone will know the brackets by Sat morn, Potent1 just entered, so I still need to get three more entries to get to the magic number of 16, so I can't really set the battle just yet, but by Sat morn everyone will know.peace

Luther Large
10-13-2005, 02:35 PM
how many rounds are ther gonna be?

i got till around tuesday next week(i think)maybe longer tho

Grim Reapa
10-13-2005, 02:38 PM
thought this was invatation

Luther Large
10-13-2005, 02:39 PM
yo^^genius.....did you get the instrumental i sent you?

Visionz
10-13-2005, 02:49 PM
still is, everyone that's in is there cuz I've asked them to be...kinda hard sometimes to get enough volunteers to enter and it has to be 16, any other way and the brackets get all fucked up as the rounds go on, draw it out on paper to see what I mean. Because of this some mc's are getting in even w/out a long history of verses here if they've been able to show some talent and again, I have to get the # to 16 so not everyone entering is going to be the dopest but most everyone in is or at least decent...............LL as far as the breakdown, it's going to be single verses for round one and two, when the comp gets down to four mc's it goes to doubles until the champ is decided.....keep ya swords sharpened cause it's going down soon. peace

Potent1
10-13-2005, 09:47 PM
Food for thought - why don't you pick three judges who don't normally buff their kneepads before voting and that aren't in the tourney an assign them as permanent judges.

Visionz
10-13-2005, 10:29 PM
Everyone I trust is an emcee in this comp, rather I'm making it mandatory for all emcees to vote and it's going to take nine votes to win, atleast in the first round. I might assign some judges, if anyone is willing, after the first round or two but I think the sheer number of votes helps to avoid any hating. I would hope that everyone included in the tourney can rise above that bullshit even if it's something they're used to doing.....on a completely different note
T-ribe has entered the tournament. that leaves two more open spots.So contact me if you're interested. The bracket really needs to be at 16 by Sat. morning. peace

RockD
10-13-2005, 10:43 PM
sword sharpen ready to cut off limbs
mc's dont look now but future look grim
but i wont hate just battle so i wont tell it all
just get ready for rhymes from the soul gener-alll

i'm ready i'm ready lol and i'll vote too lol

Visionz
10-13-2005, 11:21 PM
Phenix has joined the battle, that leaves only one more spot left outta 16..........don't sleep, if ya know ya skills are tight and you want it better let me know soon cause someone's definetly gonna get the spot.....to the rest of the emcees' out there, get those blades to razors, this one is jumpin off real soon.peace

$inista
10-14-2005, 12:22 AM
fuck it mang sign me up duke got somthing 4 these cats my sig should be enough proof
also I got a couple peeps in this battle 2 let you know what it is

Visionz
10-14-2005, 12:51 AM
$inista gets the 16th and final spot..........look for the thread w/ all rules and brackets soon.peace and good luck to all emcees throwin it down.peace