PDA

View Full Version : Premo & Pete Rock Collaborate On LP

LONDON!
07-02-2010, 06:49 AM
from hiphopdx.com

News DJ Premier & Pete Rock Unite On New Project

July 01, 2010 10:42:00 AM CDT

by Andres Vasquez

Over the years, DJ Premier and Pete Rock have become two of the most critically acclaimed producers within the scope of Hip Hop. In fact, many would say they are two of the most influential icons of production in the genre after crafting work for years with various artists including Nas, CL Smooth and Guru, among others. Now, it seems the two will join forces to create an album together.

The news comes from Pete Rock's Twitter account, with no finalized date set.

"also premeire and PR are making an album together,u heard right!!! Pete Rock Vs. Premeire! Hip Hop @ its best!! OOOHHH BOY!! I'm goin in!!"

DX will have more on this as it develops.

DUMBO
07-02-2010, 07:14 AM
I like this vs model. It brings the focus back to the artistry of the music and adds an element of competition that I think improves the work. It would be interesting to see Rza and Dre do something like this, although that would never happen and probably require including a lot of wack mcs who ride their nutsacks.

TAURO
07-02-2010, 07:21 AM
I just hope the emcee line up is good, that whats going to make or break the album.

claaa7
07-02-2010, 09:04 AM
^ actually the beats should carry this album either way but dope MC's would of course be appreciated.

LONDON!
07-02-2010, 09:56 AM
I just hope the emcee line up is good, that whats going to make or break the album.

i'm sure pete rock and premo will do the right thing and get just enough of the right blend of artists to bless and complement there beats

J.T.S.
07-02-2010, 11:34 AM
WtF!! This is all the replies this thread is getting, were talking pete rock and preemo god damn life is good!!

DUMBO
07-02-2010, 11:46 AM
WtF!! This is all the replies this thread is getting, were talking pete rock and preemo god damn life is good!!

nobody gives a fuck anymore.

djskillz
07-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Yeah this has been known for awhile.

Jin10304
07-02-2010, 06:22 PM
Premo will probably bring his usual boys like NYG'z, M.O.P., Big Shug, Freddie Foxxx, Nick Jarvis (sp?), hopefully a Nas track. Pete not so sure, reaching for the stars asking for another I.N.I or C.L. Smooth track, maybe Common Sense, The UN or Roc Marciano solo.

BIG D O
07-03-2010, 05:45 AM
They gotta have MC's man...I'm happy they're doin this, great for hip-hop

claaa7
07-03-2010, 06:37 AM
^ it's definitely going to have MC's, that's what they said in previous interviews. it's not known who will be rapping tho but i guess it will be a "Soul Survivor II" type of joint with one or a few new MC on each beat.