PDA

View Full Version : Heltah Skeltah-"Therapy" feat Vinia conceptually one of the greatest songs imo

Undiluted Karma
07-02-2010, 08:55 AM
True dopeness both of them merk it especially Ruck who i prefer to Rock anyways.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3OTTxDgRujc&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3OTTxDgRujc&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
I did'nt even know there was a video for this!

The better version the other one had some crap guitar and vinia vocals

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/76DoYGilwgE&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/76DoYGilwgE&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

claaa7
07-02-2010, 10:02 AM
yeah that shit is great, best song on the album

J.T.S.
07-02-2010, 12:38 PM
certified classic that whole freaking album, not to start a debate though i think Big rockness went in more than Sean on this album!!

-The A to the Z-
07-02-2010, 02:10 PM
I love the chemistry on Therapy, matter of fact it was the song that got me into the whole BCC.

Tecknowledgist
07-02-2010, 07:27 PM
no doubt, love that shit

see the sofa over there? sit back with this sixpack and spliff that have your mind twisted while we chit chat

i said farewell to welfare crazy long ago
they want you to work for them payments now and YOU need a shrink if you think imma go

the video version is shitty though

Young Gun
08-24-2013, 10:52 AM
Agreed. This song came into my life when I was facing a lot of significant changes, and it helped me develop into who I am today. I still get chills whenever I bump Nocturnal, but Therapy specifically will forever resonate with me.

Vinia Mojica has contributed to so many Hip Hop classics, but still largely goes unrecogized, which is a damn shame. The video version is the perfect example of "Video killing the radio star." It would have been fine to appear as it was on the album. Plus Vinia Mojica is beautiful, which would have worked for the video in grabbing attention. But maybe she wasn't available during the shoot.

David Daniel Davis
08-26-2013, 12:35 PM
Yeah. Great joint. Random fun fact: Ruck was arrested at the video shoot for Therapy. He apparently had some warrants out.. I remember reading about in a Daily News article. It was also mentioned in the Duck Down timeline inside of the Duck Down Presents l.p.

Young Gun
06-05-2014, 12:53 PM
Yeah. Great joint. Random fun fact: Ruck was arrested at the video shoot for Therapy. He apparently had some warrants out.. I remember reading about in a Daily News article. It was also mentioned in the Duck Down timeline inside of the Duck Down Presents l.p.

I did not know that, he couldn't afford to "Ghostface" it either! Interesting bit of trivia.

Another all time classic from this classic record, imo, is "Sean Price." Ruck and Illa Noyz lyrically mesh perfectly with what may be the greatest Hip Hop production I have ever heard!!! This track puts me in a zone like no other, it all comes together so seamlessly. Even during the day, I can close my eyes, and mentally I'm enveloped in a smoked out opaque dungeon in 1996.

I read an interview where Sean Price explained he and Illa Noyz had access to a ton of herb, cause a friend of Sean's was slangin. So he and Illa burned about 22 white owls, and proceeded to make this masterpiece:

1tnMBflYsrQ

Not to mention the immense amount of LAYERS all over this album vocal wise. I've bumped this album a countless amounts of times, and each time I'll hear a new adlib. Hard to believe this was recorded on a reel to reel!

claaa7
06-08-2014, 06:52 AM
"Nocturnal" is a great fucking album, to me none of Sean Price's later solo albums have topped it (even though i like them a lot). "Therapy" is probably my favorite song on there, bc of the concept and the way that they had the best voices of all tiime to go back and forth like that... few groups have ever complimented each other so well. i love the OGC album too, but i'm glad they split the Fab 5 group into two separate ones (though it would have been dope if they'd release both separate albums and then an OGC/Heltah Skeltah album as Fab 5).

it was a real cool idea from the BCC how they often picked the remixes for the video, i don't know how many videos they did that for.. but a lot of the early Black Moon, Smif-N-Wessun and Heltah Skeltah.. weird marketing strategy but definitely cool. i prefer the album version of "Therapy" however, easily!