PDA

View Full Version : Rock [Heltah Skeltah] -- Still ROCK (FLAMES!!)

corky831
07-02-2010, 11:06 PM
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/audio/id.11405/title.rock-heltah-skeltah-still-rock

over still dre beat........rock still sounds like it is 96....nigga is straight ill

djskillz
07-03-2010, 02:03 AM
Shit's fire.

Undiluted Karma
07-03-2010, 07:07 AM
damn Rock is still dope! i think the whole thing about rappers not being as good as they used to be applies not as much with Rock hes dope as he was on nocturnal. him and Ruck need to make an album again but fuck 9th Wonder (who is nice imo) we need some grimy beats from beatminerz, and dudes like necro.
if the album was to surface Sean Price would need to step up his game IMO, probs in the minority but his rapping is hit and miss with me, especially his flow, mad inconsistent imo based off the strength off his two solo LP's

hide1998
07-03-2010, 11:23 AM
damn Rock is still dope! i think the whole thing about rappers not being as good as they used to be applies not as much with Rock hes dope as he was on nocturnal. him and Ruck need to make an album again but fuck 9th Wonder (who is nice imo) we need some grimy beats from beatminerz, and dudes like necro.
if the album was to surface Sean Price would need to step up his game IMO, probs in the minority but his rapping is hit and miss with me, especially his flow, mad inconsistent imo based off the strength off his two solo LP's

You're def in the minority on that.

Mr. R&B
07-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Dude needs to stop making all these freestyles and throw-aways and get the solo album out.

It's rather annoying.

Meta4
07-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Sean P was the illest of HS to me then he switched his style up in early 2000's and Rock took that crown and still got it. Monkey Barz IS ILL but not what I waited like 8 years for Either way Rock is almost unfukwitable.

CharlesJones
07-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Is this Still Rock song on his new mixtape? I haven't heard it. I got 2 of his mixtapes and i like them. Yeah he should've put out a solo album a long time ago. I don't know what's taking him so long to do that.

corky831
07-03-2010, 02:26 PM
ik wut ur talkin about with sean P switching his style up.......it is different.......he used 2 be iller............

Tecknowledgist
07-04-2010, 07:22 AM
i'm still hardcore, do a song about goin' to church
y'all still be like HE'S SO FUCKIN DIRTEH

needs to be mixed a little better but he killed this as usual, lookin forward to this westside mixtape

main_man
07-04-2010, 04:49 PM
sean p = one of the illest spittin. period.

that said, rocks dope as fuck also. thats what makes heltah one of the greatest duos. two ill muhfuckas.

Tecknowledgist
07-04-2010, 06:19 PM
^deep

main_man
07-06-2010, 01:30 AM
lol i try, tech.

i just had to stand up for my boy sean p in this thread. it seemed like he was getting shit on, but p has only gotten better and better with age. one of my personal favorites in the game at the moment.it baffles me how anyone can think rucks skills were better on nocturnal than in the 2000s. id say he got 5 times better.

just trying to not be a dick tucking hater like a lot of forum posters, thats all.
and tech, that sig is just too damn nice. it makes me hungry. lol

THE MASON
07-06-2010, 10:45 AM
dope

Rock is a very consistent emcee, never really heard a wack verse from him. and i say it everytime, imo Rock > Ruck. Delivery, voice, lyrics and flows are all hype and never fail to have me going "damn, wtf did he say?"

corky831
07-06-2010, 11:58 AM
by no means do i think ruck is bad....he is still dope as fuck......i just thought he sounded way iller his voice and flow from 96-00....than say 05-10.........just like NORE......i loved nore's voice and flow from 97-00.......it has changed a bit since then....but i still think he's ill

Tecknowledgist
07-06-2010, 12:49 PM
lol i try, tech.

i just had to stand up for my boy sean p in this thread. it seemed like he was getting shit on, but p has only gotten better and better with age. one of my personal favorites in the game at the moment.it baffles me how anyone can think rucks skills were better on nocturnal than in the 2000s. id say he got 5 times better.

just trying to not be a dick tucking hater like a lot of forum posters, thats all.
and tech, that sig is just too damn nice. it makes me hungry. lol

haha word, sean is still ill but i personally like his nocturnal flows better. just his double-time flows like

"i control the masses, with metaphors thats massive
dont ask if, the nigga ruck'll bash it, like cashis
im drastic....when it comes to verbs i be flippin
cause herbs just be shittin off the words i be kickin"

i love that quick 96 flow opposed to his new pause-before-punchline flow like

"fuck is you bout pa.....better be out pa......
nigga thought about it..........left like southpaw"

sean is still a beast though so i could never front on the dude, im always anticipating new ruck shit

BUR!!

corky831
07-06-2010, 02:29 PM
^ exactly wut im talkin bout Teck........