PDA

View Full Version : Marco Polo - The Stupendous Adventures Of Marco Polo thoughts?

Undiluted Karma
07-03-2010, 06:13 AM
Any good?,
might get it, "Port Authority" was flames so many bangers on there!
Dude is like Premier Jr but with ihs own twist, not surprising since he listed Premo as a major influence.

claaa7
07-03-2010, 06:35 AM
did it leak already?
i'm gonna give it a spin, Marco Polo is illy

Undiluted Karma
07-03-2010, 06:44 AM
did it leak already?
i'm gonna give it a spin, Marco Polo is illy

dno if it leaked just saw the review on hip hop dx

Big Lee
07-03-2010, 07:28 AM
it is leaked

UncontrolledSubstans
07-03-2010, 10:03 AM
This track is fucking fire:

ALUc0LLwakY

djskillz
07-03-2010, 02:03 PM
I gotta go check this out.

buckshotstheone
07-03-2010, 03:11 PM
bored the hell out of me, i mean the production was fire but a bunch of washed up MCs talking about how they are "old school" is so played

claaa7
07-03-2010, 03:25 PM
i love the cover, downloaded it but haven't listened yet but the guests seems like a disapointing line-up considering the caliber of guests he had on his official debut.

claaa7
07-03-2010, 03:55 PM
just listening to the few first joints, the first song wasn't very impressive due to the MC's. production was solid but not enough to carry the track by itself. "The Radar" remix is fucking STRAIGHT tho, including a remix of a song from the last album is never a good look imo but if it's this dope it's definitely forgettable. an improvement on the original which was already super ill.

"The Bridge" sounds cool too, Marco is too fucking nice on the turntables. some serious cuts going on in here - this would've been a more proper opener for the LP. never heard this cat Promise before but he shows some promise here, no doubt. the next track: "Official" is a straight funk break with straight rhyme spitting for 1:30 minutes - i'm feeling it, another MC i never heard b4 but he's aight altho he's not saying anything new.

"Bomb Shit" carries on with the funk shit, i heard that break before but i can't place it right now - someone sort me out here? Besides Large Pro, Ruste slays the mic better than any of the other rappers so far, fly punchlines and slap you in the face thug rap. with the right beat, like Marco supplies here, this shit is defo entertaining.

this is what i've heard so far and i can't say it doesn't live up to expectations at all, actually this shit is ill. still got the Skyzoo and Diamond District songs to look forward to.