PDA

View Full Version : once again big boi shows these fag rappers how to use synths and plug ins...

angry!
07-06-2010, 01:32 PM
and make it sound FLY!!!!!!!!!

first of all...

sir luscious left foot is as good... or better than.... diamond selling SPEAKERBOXXX... if you havent heard the album, and claim to be an outkast fan, you should down a bottle of your mothers anti-depressants and wash em down with a glass of bleach!!!!!!!!!!

niggas hate auto-tune... cuz niggas ride the wave...

"wayne does it... ima do it...."

alot of the BS on urban radio is synth heavy... sounds more like electro pop than hip hop....

that doesnt mean synth heavy production and vocal plugs in cant be HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

big bois latest offering... is a crowning achievement artistically, and technically!!!!!!!!!

for example...

"turns me on"... WOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!

outkast has always been on the cutting edge of new recording techniques + using different studio effects to ENHANCE tracks!!!!!!!!!!!!

the art of storystelling part 2.... these niggas were rapping through a megaphone!!!!!!! WHY?!?!?!!?!? cuz it was different, and it sounded hot!!!!!!!!!

andre 3000 flippin a chipmunk verse on humble mumble... WHY?!?!!?!?! couldnt tell ya, but it takes a classic verse, and highlights it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hate the current sound these candy rap faggots are goin for... synth heavy, souless, crap, cheap, formulaic hog shit!!!!!!!!!!!

big boi once again... flipped todays sound and put it on its ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!

niggas satisfied spitting verses in the same tone, recycling patterns, transferring punches from one sheet to another.... STEP your fuckin game up!!!!!!!!!

get creative... try something new...

you in a million dollar studio coming with drivel... reheating a plate of bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!

big boi got more cake than hell ever need, and he still coming with some new, fun, creative shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vocal FX, inventive punch ins, unusual hooks, off kilter patterns, odd arrangements, and FUNKED out electronic bangers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this nigga BIG BOI just blew shit up with this album... all for dolo... it irks me when niggas act like andre the only nigga spittin in the O... big boi never lost his passion for snappin... dre off somewhere sniffin edible panties in a vegan playland, while bwoi continues to drop deep fried southern classics on some smoked out playa shit... holdin the flag for KAST, still rippin, comin with something different!!!!!!!!!!

push your redcording to new limits, have fun, take chances... the payoff is huge when you hit it right!!!!!!!!!!!!

son of chico destiny... one of the hottest albums in YEARS!!!!!!!!

another OUTKAST classic... bulletproof catalog, idlewild doesnt count... that was a bullshit sdtrk for a bullshit movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VZbRnzDxx_s

while we talkin vocal enhancements, utilizing FX properly... i wanna post these 2 tracks to showcase the potential of modern recording!!!!!!!!!!!

F2AWdB0F5MU

niggas so stupid, they thought scarlett was a bitch nas was puttin on... broad mastering nastys flow?!?!!?!?! nah!!!!!!!!!!!!

KiWDzSkenuE&feature=related

one of slims dopest cuts ever... someone dropped the ball leaving this off the retail disc... one of the best inner dialog tracks ever recorded IMO... the way the 3rd verse turns into em and inner devil spittin on top of eachother is genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!

INF
07-06-2010, 01:38 PM
rep.

*thinks about drinkin that bleach*

I been slacking on hitting up the new albums right now cuz I'm crafting my own. I heard a couple of songs of this though and they hit. I seen how they were constructed and I defiantly got hype.

good breakdown here.

edit - I read you say "in the O" and I had to bump this

lNIQyqL1ZaQ

"Congratulations I'm a player. I thought you were one too but now I hear you loud and clear"

corky831
07-06-2010, 02:41 PM
rep......angry u kno how it is....one of the realest niggaz on this board

Hollow Dartz
07-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Truth spoken in here.

SL33
07-06-2010, 04:00 PM
rep.

general patton is one of the illest beats i've heard. ever.

theDZA
07-06-2010, 04:13 PM
if i could rep u angry, i would

sum1 rep this dude for me!! lol

SL33
07-06-2010, 04:17 PM
^^^lol i repped you too

djskillz
07-06-2010, 04:25 PM
Angry keepin it real once again. Repped. Everybody needs to rep the mighty O and pick that album up ASAP.

theDZA
07-06-2010, 04:56 PM
^^^lol i repped you too

lol thanks haha :)

ALCATRAZ
07-06-2010, 04:59 PM
lol angry cant get thru one thread without posting at least ONE enimem track lol

spiggity_ace
07-06-2010, 05:56 PM
ima get this album becuz of wut u sed, repped

Dr. Simon Hurt
07-06-2010, 06:13 PM
damn, everybody repped angry (i did too)
did he use autotune though? it sounded like they were using the vocoder or the talkbox that roger troutman used.
big boi and the roots showed how to make hiphop albums that integrate 'pop music' influences and still bang hard and have good lyrics.

djskillz
07-06-2010, 06:14 PM
^it was a vocoder i think.

whitey
07-06-2010, 06:47 PM
word. hammer hit the nail hit the nail on the head.

Jin10304
07-06-2010, 07:35 PM
Yeah no Auto Tune, old school Troutman vocoder here. I really liked Turns Me On, the way he sounds is something reminiscint of ATLiens-era Big Boi

corky831
07-06-2010, 08:50 PM
it has a score of 90/100 on metacritic........ranked 3rd among all albums or some shit....
its a fuckin funkadelic classic!!!!

the beats are funky illy smooth........and big boi still spits like its 96.....

i hope we get a real outkast album with no andre fuckin singing....just outlandish beats and hard spittin rhymes!!!!

these niggaz knew how 2 do it since day1..........theyd have a near flawless album discography if it werent for idlewild........

go support daddy fat sax.........this is a fuckin GEm!!!

so far a fuckin good yr for hiphop.....and we only half way done!!!!!

WRII next week july 13th.....thats gonna be a banger too....make sure that is copped as well

Jin10304
07-06-2010, 09:18 PM
Then we got 2 Collabo albums....Pete Rock/Smif n Wessun & DJ Muggs/Ill Bill

DirtMcgehrk
07-06-2010, 09:50 PM
OK! 9.2 From PITCHFORK FUCKING MAGAZINE!!! They're notorious for shitting on anything hip hop related in their reviews. I'm personally loving the album. The review is very good as well. Summed up my feelings about OutKast as a group and Andre 3000 and Big Boi's respective roles.

"Every great rap group has one MC who is-- possibly unfairly-- perceived to be slightly lesser than the other. DMC. Parrish Smith. Malice. Pimp C, at least up until he died. Big Boi's been on that list ever since André Benjamin started rocking pith helmets and neckerchiefs. Big Boi's not underrated, exactly; everyone who knows rap knows he's a great rapper. It's more that he's taken for granted. Virtually every OutKast review of the past decade and a half has posited Big Boi as the earthy, street-level anchor to André's spaced-out visionary, the guy responsible for securing the group's cred when André was trying to invent new colors. Expect Sir Lucious Left Foot to change those conversations. We haven't heard a major-label rap album this inventive, bizarre, joyous, and masterful in a long time, and it's almost impossible to imagine André putting out a solo album this strong anytime soon.

At this point, Big Boi has every right to indulge in the bitter-old-man invective that's tempted so many other rappers of his generation. Even though he's half of one of the most successful groups ever, Big Boi has had to go through years of release-date delays and label drama (some of the topical lyrics here sound like they were written years ago), until he finally left longtime home Jive just so he could release a damn solo album already. Label machinations kept André's voice from even appearing on Sir Lucious Left Foot-- heartbreaking when you think about André's jaw-dropping display on the early advance single "Royal Flush". But instead of letting these setbacks infect his music, Big Boi's made an album that explodes with ideas at every turn, that glides and twitches and mutates with delirious urgency.

Musically, the album drips with 1980s synth-funk signifiers. The keyboards glimmer as they roam, and talkboxes mutter and blurt. But these tracks aren't the stoned miasmas that someone like Dâm-Funk cranks out. Instead, they're itchy and fleet-footed. New melodic elements flit in and out of tracks just as you start to notice them, and there's a lot going on at any given moment. Consider, for example, album closer "Back Up Plan". The track, from old comrades Organized Noize, finds room for cheerleader chants, disembodied grunts, a weird little synth whistle, processed funk guitar, orchestra hits, frantic scratching, a lowdown wobbling bassline, and probably some other stuff that I'm missing-- and this is one of the most laid-back songs on the entire album.

Every once in a while, we'll get a nod toward some current trend, but these aren't market capitulations; they're more opportunities to play with what the kids are doing now. "Follow Us", for example, has a generic rock-dude chorus from Vonnegutt, and virtually any other rapper would've built a hackneyed half-rock song out of a chorus like that, but producer Salaam Remi instead piles bubbly synthetic melodies all over each other. And the robo-voices on "Shutterbugg" aren't airy Auto-Tune; they're more of a deep rumble that you can feel in your gut. "Tangerine" somehow simultaneously sounds like strip-club ass-shake material and Funkadelic covering Morricone. Looking at the production credits, it's surprising to see names like Scott Storch and Lil Jon-- hitmakers who don't really make hits anymore, and who haven't been all that interesting in a while. So Big Boi, then, is someone who encourages his collaborators' furthest-out ideas, and who knows what to do with those ideas when he gets them.

As a rapper, Big Boi is something else. He just does so many things with his voice and cadence, letting his words fall over the snares one moment and fighting upstream against the beat the next. He never falls into any particular pattern of delivery, instead using his flow to knock beats back and forth with relish. Sixteen years after the first OutKast album, he's still coming up with dizzy combinations of words: "My recitals are vital and maybe needed for survival," "The slickness that get your chick hit quick," "Stay sharp as broken glass, get busted on a smash/ When your ass cross paths with this half of the 'Kast." Even if he were saying nothing, the tumble of his words is a thing to behold.

But then, he's never saying nothing. Sir Lucious Left Foot is an album blissfully free of both old-man hectoring and drug-rap nihilism. A few times Big Boi brings up the idea that it's really not too smart to rap about selling crack all the time, but he doesn't dwell on it, and he confines most of his skepticism to awesomely worded asides ("Snow? That's for toboggans.") He's hard enough to tell you to get the South's dick up out your motherfucking mouth and draw blood with the command, but he's also clever enough to slide away from threats just as quickly. He spends a large chunk of the album talking about sex, sounding like a fired-up 11-year-old goofing off in the back of some sort of prodigy-level English class.

There's a lot more to like about Sir Lucious Left Foot. Some of the skits are actually pretty funny. The guests-- who range from masterful fast-rap newcomer Yelawolf to a stirringly gritty Jamie Foxx-- all turn in top-shelf performances. Old Dungeon Family associates Big Rube and Khujo Goodie make feel-good cameos that actually contribute to their songs. But the real story is the rap veteran who's done everything he could possibly do in the genre but who still finds new ways to have fun with it. Last year's best rap album came from Raekwon, another wily old vet who hit a serious late-career stride. But Raekwon did it by inhabiting his older styles, making a record that could've conceivably come out in 1996. On Sir Lucious Left Foot, Big Boi does something even more difficult: He gives us a great album that sounds nothing like any of the great albums he's already given us. From where I'm sitting, that's an even greater achievement."

— Tom Breihan, July 6, 2010

EAGLE EYE
07-06-2010, 11:48 PM
hahahaha the David Blaine skit thing was unexpected but funny as shit.

EAGLE EYE
07-07-2010, 12:57 AM
BTW this album would be perfect for a strip club

Meta4
07-07-2010, 01:13 AM
Jus copped the deluxe at best buy honna bang tomo too sleepy now. Shit sounds HARD jus off a few traks tho.

Haitianhustla
07-08-2010, 03:04 AM
shit is crazy this album goes hard in the whip its kinda crazy he's only gonna sell 50-60k i fuckin hate def jam

claaa7
07-08-2010, 04:50 AM
fuuccckk, i had a long ass post on this album just written and my browser redirected me back and the shit disappeared. well i'm just gonna settle with saying that this shit is crazy, Big Boi's performance on here is one of the best of the year without a doubt. He truly is a lyrical heavyweight that deserves all the shine in the world - concepts, delivery, flow, lyrics and wordplay is all brilliant. should shut up anyone thinking our Boi isn't all that compared to his Outkast partner.

production-wise it's a perfect marriage between Big Boi's style and thumping beats that takes the best of styles off the west, east and (mostly) south and mix that shit into a dope ass bag. the sound goes from 2010 club bangers to vintage Outkast vibe while it manages to flow through the album smoothly. alot of producers is involved in here, Scott Storch, Salaam Remi, Andre 3000, Lil' Jon, Cut Master Swift and i'm glad to say that Organized Noise + Mr. DJ all-in-all handles 7 songs on the album. the beautiful thing about this is that it will play everywhere and anywhere - wheter you play it in the whip, at the club or through headphones in your home these joints THUMP hard.

Big Boi has really managed to construct a perfect formula to create his art around here. while long-time Outkast supporters will be pleased by this, this is creative and refreshing enough to catch some new fans along the way. big up to Big Boi!

yonder
07-08-2010, 05:46 AM
anybody care to link where i can download this?

Jin10304
07-08-2010, 01:57 PM
" i'm glad to say that Organized Noise + Mr. DJ all-in-all handles 7 songs on the album."

No, Noize only handles 5 tracks.

snapple
07-08-2010, 04:42 PM
i love outkast.....i didn't even know he had a solo album....

i haven't heard a single or anything on tv or the airwaves?

when did this even drop? post a song please....

claaa7
07-08-2010, 04:55 PM
" i'm glad to say that Organized Noise + Mr. DJ all-in-all handles 7 songs on the album."

No, Noize only handles 5 tracks.

yeah, but i was including the bonus track + the one by Mr. DJ (who also produced alot for Kast)

djskillz
07-08-2010, 05:17 PM
i love outkast.....i didn't even know he had a solo album....

i haven't heard a single or anything on tv or the airwaves?

when did this even drop? post a song please....

peep the sig.