PDA

View Full Version : So Eminem just dropped a gem!

Sergio
07-08-2010, 12:43 PM
And everyone on this board is fronting! And for those of you that will call me a Stan here it is:

I never thought the Slim Shady LP was all that everyone made it to seem except a few songs but in general it is not like a play that CD Saturday night rolling to the club, I am more of a OBFCL/LS/RTD type of guy. I thought Marshal Mather CD was very good but some of the topics were immature and playedout because he had been rapping about them since SLim Shady CD.

I bought Relapse and the replay value sucked and he still had some of those immature topics (superman, Britney, etc). So I was doubting this CD and the only reason I bought it was because Target sold out of the new Roots.

Wow what a surprise this album is, Em reinvented himself and lyrically set a new standard in hiphop. The best music is made when the artist is going through the emotion (36 chamber, all 9 generals lived in the projects; RTD, Big selling in the corner to feed the fam; Stillmatic, Nas felt betrayed and thought everyone believed he fell off) Em in this CD is recovering but from the loss of his best friend and the feeling that he fell off with his music.

Amazing album, amazing music, one of the best lyrical performances of any rapper of any era, and a great comeback album!

UncontrolledSubstans
07-08-2010, 01:09 PM
EXACTLY!

Finally someone that accepted that Eminems new album rocks. You other ignorant Wu heads should really get your head out your asses and listen to this CD and realise that it is dope.

My favourite track from the album:

Sure i can understand that some of you think the hook and beat is quite corny but the energy Em spits with exceeds anything I've heard in 10 years.

JPv1l7kSnyA

theDZA
07-08-2010, 01:13 PM
decent lyrics

shit chorus's

shit guests

shit flow

Sergio
07-08-2010, 02:12 PM
decent lyrics

shit chorus's

shit guests

shit flow

Decent lyrics? Shit flow? Shit guest? Have you heard the CD because he has only 1 guest rapping and that is Wezzy so don't don't understand that and he lyrically set him self apart from the rest of the game! He has never lyrically been this good and the number of quoatables in this album is beyond anything I have heard in a very long time!

Jin10304
07-08-2010, 02:54 PM
A guest is a guest whether rapping or singing...and he chose poorly in PINK & RHIANNA

Mcthuggin99
07-08-2010, 03:07 PM
im a big em fan, not a stan, but he's dope. but i dont like this album.

his last great album was The Eminem Show

dad
07-08-2010, 03:16 PM
lyBD0IrBQm8

GhettoGnom
07-08-2010, 03:22 PM
decent lyrics

shit chorus's

shit guests

shit flow

Repped..

(Though the guests didn't bother me.. And you should've added mediocre beats)

JakobR
07-08-2010, 04:38 PM
A bigger fan of Relapse due to the crazy multisyllabic rhyming and story telling on songs like Same song and dance and Stay wide awake.

Never thought it is a problem to have "pop beats" as long as it sounds good. I prefer the raw Dre beats on Relapse still though.

The album has grown on me - it's solid and definitely not bad by any means, just not as good as his first three.

JakobR
07-08-2010, 04:46 PM
A guest is a guest whether rapping or singing...and he chose poorly in PINK & RHIANNA

Well, they are good singers so I don't see any problem. I'm not a fan of any of the artists but I respect what they are doing and can see why other people like them.

It is not as if Rihanna went in and started yelling "rude boy rude boy" on the eminem track - both artists contributed well. I found Kobe a bit annoying though.

snapple
07-08-2010, 05:37 PM
whos hating?

the album is gonna go platnum....it's an incredible album...best album of 2010 hands down.....

djskillz
07-08-2010, 06:10 PM
im a big em fan, not a stan, but he's dope. but i dont like this album.

his last great album was The Eminem Show

agreed. em hasnt been the same since 03.

Origin™
07-08-2010, 06:29 PM
whos hating?

the album is gonna go platnum....it's an incredible album...best album of 2010 hands down.....

WOW
I respect that you have your own opinion, and that music in general is subjective, but with all the treats the HipHop world has had in 2010, I seriously can't get my head around this statement?!

Are you being serious? or just trolling?

I pity any HipHop head that considers that album to be best album of 2010..

theDZA
07-08-2010, 06:33 PM
^ co-sign

Sergio
07-08-2010, 06:49 PM
WOW
I respect that you have your own opinion, and that music in general is subjective, but with all the treats the HipHop world has had in 2010, I seriously can't get my head around this statement?!

Well Recovery, Distant Relatives are best in my book this year

Meta4
07-09-2010, 12:05 AM
Left Foot is supa hard, plus SnW/PR collabo and Random Axe comin... 2010 is ruff on the wallet.

BLACK BART SIMPSON
07-09-2010, 12:42 AM
WOW

c/s 2010 has started being a GREAT year for hip-hop..dip reunion, 50 nd jada beef deaded, waynes jail sentence (sorry but i was happy when it happened), New NY nd westcoast niggahs comin out as well as sum dope dwn south ppl...nd theres alot more..death of guru was a set back tho

Twiztid-Wutang
07-09-2010, 12:43 AM
VFDoxCdnBYc
brYY3Dri7xw

THIS is what I wanted from Eminem...and....did not...The last song is the closest to it. Which is why I like it so much.

Since we will NEVER get the 99 Em back, those freestyles is the closet we'd get,and he did NOT come through with it. For those nut hugging Recovery, explain where THOSE flows were

BLACK BART SIMPSON
07-09-2010, 12:46 AM
his D12 shit was possibly his best ever...purple pills fight music 40 oz shit on you eetc etc etc

Jin10304
07-09-2010, 12:58 AM
"c/s 2010 has started being a GREAT year for hip-hop..dip reunion, 50 nd jada beef deaded, waynes jail sentence (sorry but i was happy when it happened), New NY nd westcoast niggahs comin out as well as sum dope dwn south ppl...nd theres alot more..death of guru was a set back tho"

Dont forget a new Ice Cube album (thats sounding ill right now), CNN dropping thier sequel (which is sounding nice from the tracks), Muggs/Ill Bill AND T-Paine on strike refusing to record.

BLACK BART SIMPSON
07-09-2010, 01:32 AM
"c/s 2010 has started being a GREAT year for hip-hop..dip reunion, 50 nd jada beef deaded, waynes jail sentence (sorry but i was happy when it happened), New NY nd westcoast niggahs comin out as well as sum dope dwn south ppl...nd theres alot more..death of guru was a set back tho"

Dont forget a new Ice Cube album (thats sounding ill right now), CNN dropping thier sequel (which is sounding nice from the tracks), Muggs/Ill Bill AND T-Paine on strike refusing to record.

i know so much sht goin dwn nd wit ppl like wiz khalifa nd curren$y nd nipsey startin to get exposure its seeming like the mainstream might get better nd i might actually b able to listen to the radio lol (maaybe thts goin 2 far)

Mr. R&B
07-09-2010, 02:17 AM
I think it has to do with age.

Kids who just started getting into hip-hop within the last 5 years think TES was Em's best album and like that type of material so they prefer this album.

But for those of us that were actively listening to hip-hop in the 90's and heard his early songs, freestyles & first 2 albums when they were fresh and new, this just doesn't measure up.

Obviously the threadstarter is in the former category.

I won't say Recovery is a terrible album, but it isn't amazing either.

It's just kinda.......there.

There are songs I really enjoy, but the lows on this LP are reeeeeeeeally low.

The last time I listened to Eminem and was blown away was on Devil's Night.

After that performance, the decline started.

And I've been listening to alot of Eminem this week, I finally broke down and listened to Encore.

Yeah, I'm glad I never bothered buying that album.

Still I feel that SSEP, SSLP & MMLP are his most brilliant and ambitious solo albums.

Some of the stuff on Relapse is amazing too, SOME of it.

I still don't really enjoy TES that much. **puts on flamesuit**

UncontrolledSubstans
07-09-2010, 03:39 AM
agreed. em hasnt been the same since 03.

2006:

u9eATTY23xI

Edgar Erebus
07-09-2010, 07:02 AM
And everyone on this board is fronting! And for those of you that will call me a Stan here it is:

I never thought the Slim Shady LP was all that everyone made it to seem except a few songs but in general it is not like a play that CD Saturday night rolling to the club, I am more of a OBFCL/LS/RTD type of guy. I thought Marshal Mather CD was very good but some of the topics were immature and playedout because he had been rapping about them since SLim Shady CD.

I bought Relapse and the replay value sucked and he still had some of those immature topics (superman, Britney, etc). So I was doubting this CD and the only reason I bought it was because Target sold out of the new Roots.

Wow what a surprise this album is, Em reinvented himself and lyrically set a new standard in hiphop. The best music is made when the artist is going through the emotion (36 chamber, all 9 generals lived in the projects; RTD, Big selling in the corner to feed the fam; Stillmatic, Nas felt betrayed and thought everyone believed he fell off) Em in this CD is recovering but from the loss of his best friend and the feeling that he fell off with his music.

Amazing album, amazing music, one of the best lyrical performances of any rapper of any era, and a great comeback album!

MORAL OF THE STORY:

A great album is made by making emo songs that sound great while rolling to club Saturday night, possibly with windows down.

SpLrUqRZ-Mc

Mr. R&B
07-09-2010, 07:28 AM
^ ahhahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

main_man
07-09-2010, 02:48 PM
this is ems worst album, by far. def not a "gem" by any means. relapse shits all over this gay sounding pop hop record. ya'll can spin this soft shit all you want, i'll bang relapse instead.