PDA

View Full Version : claaa7 presents BLACK THOUGHT - "Thought's Manifesting (Vol. 1)" [20 bangers]

claaa7
07-09-2010, 06:52 AM
Black Thought is easily top 5 right now and one of my favorite MC's of all time. not only is an extremely gifted technically skilled spitter but he's also very clever and speaks on real topics that people need to be aware of. he's been doing this shit with The Roots since '93 and he still keeps evolving. i know some people wish that they would've get to hear more of BT spitting over sample-based beats produced by the greats. in celebration of the release of the brilliant "How I Got Over" i put together 20 bangers from Black Thought, guest spots and solo tracks that never made it onto a The Roots album. production work on here includes Pete Rock, DJ Spinna, J Dilla, Rockwilder, ?uestlove, DJ Krush, Diamond D and others. all tracks are CDQ and guaranteed dope, the complete compilation clocks in at 80 minutes. i might very well do more volumes off this if people are feeling this.

BLACK THOUGHT - "THOUGHT'S MANIFESTING" (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7QQK523T)
http://blogs.okayplayer.com/theroots/files/2008/04/thought19th.jpg
01. "Thought @ Work"
02. "Respiration Part II (Flying High)" (Ft. Black Star)
03. "Super Lyrical" (w. Big Punisher)
04. "Meiso" (Ft. Malik B.)
05. "Da Jawn" (w. The Roots & Bahamadia)
06. "Zen Approach"
07. "Hardware"
08. "Workinonit" (Ft. Dice Raw)
09. "Love Movin'"
10. "Philly Boy"
11. "Burnin' N Lootin'" (w. Bob Marley & The Roots)
12. "It's About That Time" (w. Pete Rock & Rob-O)
13. "Hard Hitters" (w. Dilated Peoples)
14. "The Professional"
15. "No Stoppin'"
16. "Network" (w. Pharcyde)
17. "Mumia 911" (w. Tragedy, Chuck D, Pharoahe Monch & stic.man)
18. "Reality Check"
19. "X-Ecutioners Style"
20. "Pimpa's Paradise" (w. Damian 'Jr. Gong' & Stephen Marley)

claaa7
07-09-2010, 06:55 AM
oh and just so you know, the opening song "Thought @ Work" is the original version with a different beat than the one that appeared on 'Phrenology'. enjoy!

SickT
07-09-2010, 07:19 AM
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to claaa7 again."

This looks ILL props.

Mr. R&B
07-09-2010, 07:37 AM
This is a wonderful idea.

You should definitely do more compilations in this vein.

Even the picture you chose to make a cover mock-up is well utilized.

This could damn near be an official mixtape.

Tommy
07-09-2010, 08:31 AM
Good to see "Super Lyrical" up there, Black Thought absolutely tears that track apart limb by limb.

Oh, and claaa7, can you please re-upload your "soul of J Dilla" set or give me the link to it? It'd be much appreciated.

food for thought
07-09-2010, 09:54 AM
good shit claa7

reped.

serioussam
07-09-2010, 12:29 PM
you did a great job with this. PEACE GOD !!!!!!!

djskillz
07-09-2010, 12:35 PM
I'll have to check this out later.

EDIT: I gotta spread rep.

claaa7
07-10-2010, 04:33 AM
this was actually two volumes of Black Thought apperances and songs that i made into compilations with a total of about 35 songs. so after listening to them a few times there was so many insane tracks on there but also a few that were just so-so or whatever, so i decided to take the 20 best joints out of those and make a straight up SLAMMING compilation. which i presented here, since i was already familair with the songs i tried my best to sequence the songs in the right way and right after i posted i went out, on a 70 minute train-ride i played this shit front-to-back and if i can say it myself:

i believe this is my best compilation yet, it helps that Black Thought is my favorite MC's but every single song was perfectly sequenced in my own opinion and it almost sounded like a real album. if BT would've released this comp officially with ill artwork and perfect quality i would definitely cop this!

love how "Pimpa's Paradise" slows things down in a beautiful way to close the comp after the hectic "X-Ecutioners Style". sounds ILL! more feedback please

claaa7
07-10-2010, 04:39 AM
Good to see "Super Lyrical" up there, Black Thought absolutely tears that track apart limb by limb.

Oh, and claaa7, can you please re-upload your "soul of J Dilla" set or give me the link to it? It'd be much appreciated.

yeah no doubt, "Super Lyrical", is such a classic record - Pun and 'Riq was definitely an ill tag-team and it's also great because of hearing BT tear up a beat like the one Rockwilder supplied for them there.

yeah i can hit you up with "The Soul Of Dilla" project but i gotta compile it again tho and i don't think i got a tracklist left but i got a good memory when it comes to these things. does it need to be 100% the same or do you want a slightly (imo) better version with basically the same songs but with a few replacements?

Tommy
07-10-2010, 07:08 AM
yeah no doubt, "Super Lyrical", is such a classic record - Pun and 'Riq was definitely an ill tag-team and it's also great because of hearing BT tear up a beat like the one Rockwilder supplied for them there.

yeah i can hit you up with "The Soul Of Dilla" project but i gotta compile it again tho and i don't think i got a tracklist left but i got a good memory when it comes to these things. does it need to be 100% the same or do you want a slightly (imo) better version with basically the same songs but with a few replacements?

I trust your opinion, so I'll let you do what you have to do with it.

Another fire track featuring Thought:

EDGtRo-O1Mg

claaa7
07-10-2010, 07:54 AM
^ word i love that. this will probably be included in volume II if i do such a thing (i got about 120 BT joints that's not on The Roots albums on my comp :P

TRONIX
07-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Thanks for this compilation claaa

BT is so underrated

Cant believe he has not dropped a solo lp after all these years

cap
07-10-2010, 06:38 PM
this is perfect for someone like me who isnt that familiar with his music. i know ive been sleeping. im gonna check this out!! thx man!

REP

claaa7
07-10-2010, 07:01 PM
^ you should definitely dig into all of The Roots albums too, all quality material. start with "Illadelph Halflife", "Things Fall Apart" and their latest "How I Got Over".

Tecknowledgist
07-10-2010, 07:34 PM
i've heard black thought here and there and the dude is incredible, this will be a perfect intrpduction because i've been sleeping on the roots

rep

Wh0am3ye?
07-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Enjoyin this right here....the track wit mos def and talib is flames in hell.

Wh0am3ye?
07-10-2010, 10:42 PM
I was in the process of burnin a cd....ima throw like 2 tracks from this on there. Props.

the silencer
07-11-2010, 01:51 PM
listenin to this now...i been sleepin on Black Thought too

great work once again claaa7, PEACE

MaskedAvenger
07-11-2010, 01:56 PM
Whoa.. dope shit homie!

cap
07-12-2010, 08:56 AM
i had to hit this thread up again!!

im loving this shit!! major props!! some real heat on here!!

im repping you again 1st chance i get!!

benzo
07-12-2010, 12:36 PM
we need that 10-15 minute earth-melting freestyle on here! the one with Q-Tip on it that was posted within the last year or so. everybody on here neds to peep that so we can all see once and for all that BT is the illest motherfucker doing it.

THE MASON
07-13-2010, 12:50 PM
thanks for this, imma big Roots fan and BT been killin the mic since there first album imo

i always check out the comps you put together and they are exceptional, especially since you dig for the rare stuff, which i dont, so i can hear those tracks as well.

big ups Claaa, repped

THE MASON
07-13-2010, 02:35 PM
this flows real well, each track goes into the next like an actual studio album. and like i said i never go lookin for unreleased, rare, or anything like that so most of these tracks i never heard before. all of which display more talent that is Black Thought.

two tracks that stand out most for me so far are Respiration Pt.2 and Mumia 911. woulda never heard them but damn, im glad i did. also, BT and Dilla = pure gold, the way he rocks Reality Check is an example of emceeing at its finest!! (idea for the next comp, Dilla vs BT? if there is the material)

claaa7
07-13-2010, 05:34 PM
^ word, thx for the props.

yeah Dilla and BT was one of the finest combo's hip-hop ever witnessed imo. there really ain't that much material available tho, about 6-7 songs that i know about i believe.

pmack215
07-24-2010, 05:27 PM
yo claaa7, i'm speechless. THANK YOU isnt even good enough... for this & the common mix. u da fuckin man!!
i almost feel compelled to mail u a money order for this shit!

blk thought is THEE most underrated lyricist of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FYI... anyone remember in the late 90's there was ads for black thought's solo debut? it was titled "masterpiece theatre". there was artwork for it and all. it had a couple release dates. i read an interview within the past 3 yrs or so where black said he never finished/released it b/c his solo shit is a different vibe & he has yet to be able to get out of the roots/group vibe... that essentially, his desire to do solo stuff isnt strong enough yet. he just aint there.

benzo
07-24-2010, 10:10 PM
^^I know several of these tracks were supposed to be on there and some others ended up being re-worked on Phrenology

pmack215
07-25-2010, 10:41 AM
^ word, thx for the props.

yeah Dilla and BT was one of the finest combo's hip-hop ever witnessed imo. there really ain't that much material available tho, about 6-7 songs that i know about i believe.

why cant i REP you???? the button doesnt even appear under your name/profile.

claaa7
07-25-2010, 11:28 AM
yo claaa7, i'm speechless. THANK YOU isnt even good enough... for this & the common mix. u da fuckin man!!
i almost feel compelled to mail u a money order for this shit!

blk thought is THEE most underrated lyricist of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FYI... anyone remember in the late 90's there was ads for black thought's solo debut? it was titled "masterpiece theatre". there was artwork for it and all. it had a couple release dates. i read an interview within the past 3 yrs or so where black said he never finished/released it b/c his solo shit is a different vibe & he has yet to be able to get out of the roots/group vibe... that essentially, his desire to do solo stuff isnt strong enough yet. he just aint there.

why cant i REP you???? the button doesnt even appear under your name/profile.

^^I know several of these tracks were supposed to be on there and some others ended up being re-worked on Phrenology

glad you're enjoying them bro, no clue why the rep thing ain't working but it's no big deal anyways. i bet "Masterpiece Theater" would've been an incredible album if it was ever released, i've been searching the net thoroughly for information on that album but there's not too much out there on it. do you know what the artwork looked like?

the first 12" single was released in 2001 tho, it was the DJ Krush produced banger "Hardware" that appears on this compilation. "The Professional" which also appears on here was a song from there as well. "Mona Lisa" and "Work" with Alechia James is other leaked songs that have been confirmed to have been recorded for the LP.

as Benzo said some of the songs that became 'Phrenology' was recorded for 'Masterpiece Theater'. those i heard those were or believe those were are the original "Thought @ Work" with the Beatles sample (on this comp), the DJ Scratch produced "Rock You", the Kareem Riggins laced "Quills", possibly "Pussy Galore" and the first section of "Water". there's also an unreleased DJ Spinna produced track from that time called "Quicksand Millenium" (this will be the opener on ...Vol. 2) that might have been recorded for that album. i also read that J Dilla and Pete Rock supposedly worked on the project.

what i really hope for right now is the collaboration with producer Danger Mouse that's been announced called "Dangerous Thoughts". that should be mind-blowing if it ever goes down!

bamboo
07-25-2010, 03:02 PM
claaa7: superb mix my man! listening to this now for the first time, and I must say your selection of tracks is righteous! thanks and rep!

CharlesJones
07-31-2010, 02:29 PM
I gave up on The Roots after Things Fall Apart album but i wanna check out this mixtape you put together Claaa7 of some solo stuff by Black Thought and some guest appearances he did. Can you burn it for me and i'll pay you? I'm not able to download it because i don't have my own computer.

pmack215
08-01-2010, 05:28 PM
do you know what the artwork looked like?

no. i just remember seeing the ad for it in the source... back when the source was relevant. i barely reember the design. if i saw it i'd recognize it, but i cant recall it from memory now. i do remember it saying "coming soon" or "this fall".... something open-ended.

i do remember that "rock you" & "thought @ work" were supposed to be on his solo.

peace.

**by the way, this mix is fucking ALLLLLLLL THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CEITEDMOFO
08-01-2010, 06:49 PM
PROPz