PDA

View Full Version : Shots Fired at Fake Ass MC's

buckshotstheone
07-09-2010, 11:28 AM
your favorite rapper has the potential to get aired out right here.....

http://www.reppghhiphop.com/2010/07/09/shots-fired/

djskillz
07-09-2010, 12:09 PM
alot of emcees have been known to use punch ins. it all depends on circumstance imo. like i wouldnt expect big pun to spit an entire verse without losing his breath at least once in his verse so i wouldnt be surprised if he had to punch in at times. other rappers are just lazy sometimes.

benzo
07-09-2010, 12:31 PM
I'll give that rant about as much credit as I do to pretty much all of the OP's threads...which is none. A million dollar studio isn't a park bench, like it or not.

J-Cee
07-09-2010, 05:55 PM
yeh thats some bullshit,see ive been the studio and i could spit my whole verses in one take,but the fact is it sounds clearer and more professional doing punch ins(1st time ive heard this term myself)..who the fuck came up with this rant like some hip hop connoisseur..sounds like a whinging bitch..

claaa7
07-10-2010, 04:21 AM
nah punch in's, i believe is that the rapper SPITS THE ENTIRE VERSE in one take and then goes back to re-record certain parts of the verse to make them sound perfect. that's not cheating since the guy already spat the whole verse and definitely is able to do so - it is kinda like saying that a producer need to make his beat in one take and then it HAS to be finnished. i believe in a great final product, that's the most important thing. and punch-ins shouldn't be used excessevily of course but when done at a few places in three verses in a song or doing the hook a few times over is good AS LONG AS IT's IMPOSSIBLE TO SPOT THE PUNCH-IN. matter of fact i would say that some people who never, ever do that despite it could've enhanced the song a whole lot (this is the case with some Jay-Z verses who always talks on how he does everything in one take and never write verses - is that really something to be given props for?).

BLACK BART SIMPSON
07-10-2010, 05:20 AM
why does anyone give a fuck as long as it sounds good i have parts in sum of my verses where i have a couple melodic singin parts in it not like trey songs or summin more like max b.. nd THAT is the shit tht makes me run out of breath especially on hooks bcuz thts usually all i do on em is match the melody wit sum singin parts..

idc wat i do as long as my shit sound wavey!!

djskillz
07-10-2010, 05:59 AM
i think the people complaining about punch ins are the ones who have never recorded before. punching in doesnt necessarily show a lack of ability, instead most of the time it is due to an artist wanting the track to sound perfect. punching in isnt what i have a problem with. as long as you can perform your verse live it's all good.

benzo
07-12-2010, 12:59 PM
nah punch in's, i believe is that the rapper SPITS THE ENTIRE VERSE in one take and then goes back to re-record certain parts of the verse to make them sound perfect. that's not cheating since the guy already spat the whole verse and definitely is able to do so - it is kinda like saying that a producer need to make his beat in one take and then it HAS to be finnished. i believe in a great final product, that's the most important thing. and punch-ins shouldn't be used excessevily of course but when done at a few places in three verses in a song or doing the hook a few times over is good AS LONG AS IT's IMPOSSIBLE TO SPOT THE PUNCH-IN. matter of fact i would say that some people who never, ever do that despite it could've enhanced the song a whole lot (this is the case with some Jay-Z verses who always talks on how he does everything in one take and never write verses - is that really something to be given props for?).

that's not really accurate, actually. punch-in simply means that the rapper recorded something other than the first original take and it made it in to the final mix. it could be one word or it could be every other bar. BTW- Jay punches in like crazy but his engineers are top notch so it flows perfectly. if you watch the Fade to Black film you can see him layering his verses a few lines at a time as he comes up with them. ALMOST EVERY RAPPER, SINGER, BAND ETC ETC does this, it's a standard practice in the studio no matter what the genre. rae has always used punch ins for example and his are easy to spot....doesn't take away from his credibility! i don't get this new wave of hate for punches by people that aren't familiar with recording (not getting at you bro, just in general)