PDA

View Full Version : Rappers on Twitter

Wu-tang Fan
07-09-2010, 02:28 PM
What's the deal lately (okay, maybe the past couple of years) with all of the rappers using twitter? Surely even if their accounts were official they wouldn't be sat at a computer typing their own shit, it would be their agent or manager. How many punks actually believe their accounts are for real anyway? Probably just some crazed fans.

Undiluted Karma
07-09-2010, 05:22 PM
I think a fair amount of em do tweet themselves not a manager, facebook and myspace managers maybe but i think because tweeting is so casual and quick way of communication with fans, so a fair amount of artists do utilise it

Of course U-God just seems to use his to chat up random women lmao
peace

fatboybrandon
07-09-2010, 05:25 PM
I assume some of them have people who tweet for them because it can be time consuming, I remember AG from DITC admitted he has someone tweet for him. Most artists who have their eye on the industry trends are gonna go where the best lane of promotion is for them, and Twitter happens to be one of those popular sites.

I wondered too about people making up false accounts of artists. I only follow a select few people who I believe in, and only check in every now & then for good news. Some artist use twitter mostly to conversate with other people, I don't follow that type of content.

I know some record companies have turned to Twitter to find new talent, I have Interscope, BabyGrande and Duck Down following me right now.

SL33
07-09-2010, 05:37 PM
twitter is killing hip hop.

Mcthuggin99
07-09-2010, 05:51 PM
I assume some of them have people who tweet for them because it can be time consuming, I remember AG from DITC admitted he has someone tweet for him. Most artists who have their eye on the industry trends are gonna go where the best lane of promotion is for them, and Twitter happens to be one of those popular sites.

I wondered too about people making up false accounts of artists. I only follow a select few people who I believe in, and only check in every now & then for good news. Some artist use twitter mostly to conversate with other people, I don't follow that type of content.

I know some record companies have turned to Twitter to find new talent, I have Interscope, BabyGrande and Duck Down following me right now.
if they have that "Verified Account" thing on the top right of their page, its them

fatboybrandon
07-09-2010, 05:58 PM
I guess to some degree it does hurt hip hop due to the oversaturation of online artists now, but that's the internet and the economy. People keep looking for ways to invent technology to communicate faster and get paid quicker and so it forces hip hop to move that direction also.

I would prefer hip hop to slow down but the internet has changed the world economy to the point it's hard for artists and everyday people to use another option.

fatboybrandon
07-09-2010, 06:09 PM
if they have that "Verified Account" thing on the top right of their page, its them

This is one instance of a fake twitter I was thinking of McThuggin, one of the most famous hip hop artists of our time. I'm aware of the Verified Account logo, I remember in the early part of Twitter fame the founders said on TV they needed to include that part to help privacy

http://images.smh.com.au/2009/05/14/518282/kanye420-420x0.jpg

"I Don't Have a F*#@ing Twitter" - Kanye May 13, 2009

http://www.newser.com/story/58854/i-dont-have-a-fing-twitter-kanye.html

http://www.kanyeuniversecity.com/blog/2009/05/4901/ his original written message directed to the fraud

"Kanye West Twitter Denial In All CAPS May 13, 2009 ... (This spaz comes courtesy of losers making fake Kanye West Twitter accounts) "

http://amygrindhouse.com/kanye-west-twitter-denial-in-all-caps.html

"Binside TV: KANYE WEST BLASTS FAKE TWITTER ACCOUNT IMPOSTERS"

http://binside.typepad.com/binside_tv/2009/05/kanye-west-blasts-fake-twitter-account-imposters.html

buckshotstheone
07-10-2010, 01:21 AM
budden definitely is for real on his twitter account. Grand Daddy IU is really him, those are the only rappers I follow and they definitely legit. oh and Fabolous, who is absolutely HILARIOUS on twitter

djskillz
07-10-2010, 02:42 AM
"i aint with that twitter shit, niggaz tryna follow me" havoc
"i am the pick of the litter, you are a bitch that gets hit and starts snitchin on twitter" sean price

Mr. R&B
07-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Fuck a twitter.

buckshotstheone
07-10-2010, 02:36 PM
the only people who hate twitter are the people who aren't on it yet. i've seen a lot of haters sign up and come back 4 months later talking about how dope twitter is

BIG D O
07-10-2010, 09:16 PM
the only people who hate twitter are the people who aren't on it yet. i've seen a lot of haters sign up and come back 4 months later talking about how dope twitter is

this^^^

Twitter is useful as fuck, but it don't appeal to the brain dead crowd that fucks with Myspace and Facebook all that much....

On Twitter Information is prized and networking is raw...it's a dope resource if you wanna be up to date on anything in real time....

you can use it for social shit-mackin on females, finding parties that are jumpin off etc., but you'd be better off using it to find out about news and opinion in real time...

djskillz
07-10-2010, 09:25 PM
lol but you could do that anywhere i dont need twitter to mack on females or find parties. only thing twitter is good for is updates on albums by artists.

buckshotstheone
07-11-2010, 01:40 AM
lol but you could do that anywhere i dont need twitter to mack on females or find parties. only thing twitter is good for is updates on albums by artists.

you get out of it what you put in. i don't use it to find parties (or girls) but it's a networking powerhouse