PDA

View Full Version : War Report II just leaked...

Thworldisyours
07-09-2010, 06:44 PM
And Esco's has a verse on it?

CHECK IT YO YO YOOOOOO!

(meaning google it)

trinking
07-09-2010, 06:45 PM
shits ill..

deeznutz1981
07-09-2010, 07:53 PM
I'm feeling this joint big time. i like the direction they went it the album has a pretty cohesive sound but it doesnt sound even remotely like the first one (except maybe with me) theres only 2 tracks i'm not feeling as much as the rest (hood pride and the corner) which are still 2 banging ass tracks! the rest of this album is crack straight up!!! the opening line to Pain is probably my fav so far NORE is back in rare form again!!!

"yo wakin' up cold in my eyes 2 phillies ready rolled on the dresser, my chick hatin', I wont stress her, probably get her mad and pay attention much lesser!"

claaa7
07-09-2010, 08:24 PM
Finally!! I'm downloading this now, and gonna put it on as soon as it's finnished. barely listened to any of the leaks or the snippets so this should be a real treat :D

Jin10304
07-09-2010, 08:27 PM
Obituary wasnt needed & too fucking long. Its just as cliche as "hip hop as a woman" concept tracks. Reminds me of Fat Joe's "Dedication" or GangStarr's "Eulogy". Cant wait for Blazes TONY II from iTunes

trinking
07-09-2010, 08:30 PM
not one bad track..couldve done without the obituary track..really not necessary..couldve put two tracks on in place of that

djskillz
07-09-2010, 10:06 PM
finally. i can't wait to hear it.

Jin10304
07-09-2010, 10:33 PM
The beginning of Pain reminds me of a Killarmy war movie sample track opener

deeznutz1981
07-10-2010, 12:01 AM
The beginning of Pain reminds me of a Killarmy war movie sample track opener

ur right man!!! that totally reminds me of that

you are all trippin saying Obituary wasn't needed thats just a fuckin stupid thought please stop it! any of you ever had someone you know or love pass away? it's always needed faggots!!!

corky831
07-10-2010, 12:12 AM
downloadin now....fuckin cant wait 2 listen to this joint

corky831
07-10-2010, 12:27 AM
the oath might be one of the illest songs ive heard in mad long time.....all verses were unbelieveable....rae absolutely destroyed it......beat is murderous

djskillz
07-10-2010, 01:21 AM
dutches vs. phillies vs. bamboo is dope. i have that same argument with my homies. i personally roll phillies. not cause i have a preference but the bodega here doesnt have anything but phillies and century sams. if i could get me a swisher or a nice backwood i'd take 'em.

copywrite
07-10-2010, 02:07 AM
Fuckin raw from front to back. Only thing that was missing was Trag, but it was still a solid album without him. Nas fuckin ripped With Me and Buckwild showed why he's still one of the best producers around. Even Busta came out of nowhere with a dope verse.

etze
07-10-2010, 04:46 AM
downloading..

claaa7
07-10-2010, 05:15 AM
Obituary wasnt needed & too fucking long. Its just as cliche as "hip hop as a woman" concept tracks. Reminds me of Fat Joe's "Dedication" or GangStarr's "Eulogy". Cant wait for Blazes TONY II from iTunes

not one bad track..couldve done without the obituary track..really not necessary..couldve put two tracks on in place of that

you are all trippin saying Obituary wasn't needed thats just a fuckin stupid thought please stop it! any of you ever had someone you know or love pass away? it's always needed faggots!!!

i agree with DeezNuts, "Orbituary" was the perfect closer for the album. so what it's been a topic that's been done so many times but death is a big part of life. i've lost some friends that were way too young to go and even with Guru's death, who i never knew personally, touched me because i grew up with his words and his positivity might be a part of the man i am today. giving respect to the fallen soldiers is never, ever a bad thing and it often works as the closer to an album (see "Moment Of Truth", "In Memory Of..."[Gang Starr] and "Tribute" by D.I.T.C.) for example.

Fuckin raw from front to back. Only thing that was missing was Trag, but it was still a solid album without him. Nas fuckin ripped With Me and Buckwild showed why he's still one of the best producers around. Even Busta came out of nowhere with a dope verse.

yep i agree, i listened to the album once yesterday before sleeping and then one time first in the morning and the shit is dope as fuck. so much better than i expected it to be after seeing that only 1 of the original producers was on there. the producers on here have tried to capture a bit of the original "War Report" and altho it sounds very, very different it has some elements in the right place and either way it's slamming.

the real plus is how dope Capone N Noreaga is on this album, god fucking damn - NORE hasn't been this dope EVER before in his career imo. i always thought he was pretty so-so but here he proves that he actually is a real dope fucking MC. Capone always been nice and the chemistry they got together with their distinctive voices is just perfect. i agree that it would've been great to have Tragedy on there but since he didn't want them to use any old verses and Trag being locked up at the time of recording there was not much to do. one thing however that could've been a cool replacement would've been Rae taking Trag's place on here (remember Trag managed CNN, executive produced the album by picking beats and sequencing, etc, as well as spitting like 6-7 crazy verses and a few hooks at that). Rae is basically doing the job Trag had on "War Report" on the sequel so i would love to have Raekwon appearing on 6-8 songs on there - but either way CNN is so dope right now they don't need that much guests. All of Raekwon's guest apperances was FIRE though; dope chemistry between the three of them i must say.

it's too soon to give out a rating on this yet, but all the songs are listenable and the majority is straight up banging. it's a hell alot better than "Channel 10" and in my personal opinion i think it's better than "The Reunion" too. they seem so goddamn focused on this project, much, much better than i thought since i heard the budget was kinda limited. It's good to see Imam THUG, Musaliny and Busta reprising their cameos from the 1st and additional guests in Raekwon, The LOX and of course a vintage CLASSIC NAS VERSE. Nas was the only artist i wished he had been on the first album more than on a skit (i often adds "Calm Down" on my iPod) so to put CNN and a '90s verse by Nas on an incredible Buckwild beat (who's still one of the absolute best producers in the game - wheter we're talking underground or more "mainstream".

this is definitely getting my money when i get the chance since i barely have money to eat right now :/

Jin10304
07-10-2010, 05:48 AM
"you are all trippin saying Obituary wasn't needed thats just a fuckin stupid thought please stop it! any of you ever had someone you know or love pass away? it's always needed faggots!!! "

6 fucking minutes of a long ass death list, please the concept by now is old & dated, it loses its meaning by now. A dedication song to one fallen friend/locked up is enough. They didnt need TWO dedication tracks. One for Tragedy AND for everyone else lost when you could of easily split those 6 minutes and do 2 more tracks? Like maybe get Trag on once he was out? Plus Busta isnt really "reprising" his role here, he wasnt really on the first, he had like 8 seconds of fading out ad-libs on 1 track because his verse was cut. Thats like saying Inspectah Deck was on Got My Mind Made Up.

claaa7
07-10-2010, 06:10 AM
^ i stand by that "Orbituary" was the perfect closer for the LP. there's been so many fallen peers just over the last few years even and CNN never did a song like that either way. plus the CD is like 63 minutes, wheter or not "Orbituary" is on there they could've still fitted 2 songs if they had them. thing is that if they had not included that song the album would probably be exactly the same except only having #14 songs.

i see what you mean about Busta, but Busta has such a raw voice and he was doing ad-libs through the entire last hook and screaming some ill shit. to me that definitely added something to thte song unlike Rebel INS cut verse w. left-over adlib. to each his own tho

Jin10304
07-10-2010, 06:58 AM
"CNN never did a song like that either way. "

True but its so damn tired & cliched by now its getting mad old. Too many reused concept songs are being reused in hip hop nowadays its fucking awful and dont need to see CNN follow suit. Hip Hop As A Woman....Tribute Tracks....Female Love Songs....Bitter MC's Going @ Younger Generation....Diss Tracks....

sickdog
07-10-2010, 10:36 AM
album is boring. some background music. not worth buyng it. and its released on raekwons lable, so art and package gunna suck.

angry!
07-10-2010, 10:39 AM
claa you werent feelin the reunion like that from what i remember...

i could be wrong... good to see you feelin this though!!!!!!!!!

like maybe 2 joints i could do without...

N.O. is spittin!!!!!!!!!!!! this is coming from someone whos been hyper critical of NORE...

i love the war report... the reunion... and his debut solo... he had energy, was original, and entertaining as fuck, mixing jewels with dumb nigga street shit and style!!!!!!!!

this is as good as hes sounded... in.... shit... at least a decade!!!!!!!!!!!

voice is fucked up, but he still got that charisma, and dumb nigga slang!!!!!!!!!!!!

this album is easily reunion caliber...

first 5 tracks... straight classic!!!!!!!!!!! INSTANT... fuckin... CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!

joint with the LOX is fuckin epic... early 90's crack!!!!!!!!!!

live on live long part 2... song cry.... NO spittin with mad heart.... pone droppin criminal history thats gonna go over the heads of the masses.....

the OATH?!?!?!?!?!?!

GET.... THE... FUCK.... OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!!!!!! cinematic street shit... war report genuine article!!!!!!!!!!!!! rae bodied this record... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

top 5 cuts?!!?!?!?!?!!? for me!?!?!?!!?!

- pain (insane flip... scrape coke off the plate raw... NO lets niggas know he goin in!!!!!!!)
- bodega stories (gritty keys, middle eastern vocal sample.... WAR REPORT shit nigga!!!!!!)
- dutches vs phillies vs bamboo (rae's bars+delivery sharper than ever... i hate niggas that get on rae for the laidback spit... hes shredding on some non-chalant, toke this branch and body you shit!!!!!!!!)
- the oath (opening skit... beat... verses... visuals... WHEEHWWW!!!)
- brother from another (off sheer emotion... not no bitch nigga emo shit... block life, on the screen, NO narrative... classic nore verse)

first day cop...

its not fuckin with the OG WR.... but OG WR is a top 5 street album easy....

this is a rock solid 4 micer at the minimum, but the highs are so HIGH... im thinkin 4.5 is more like it!!!!!!!!!!!!

respect to pone and NO... they went in!!!!!!!!!

etze
07-10-2010, 10:47 AM
i expected tragedy khadafi to be on this album too
btw i liked much live on live long pt 2

Abraham Lincoln
07-10-2010, 11:38 AM
album is boring. some background music. not worth buyng it. and its released on raekwons lable, so art and package gunna suck.

your mother is boring. Honest Abe honestly could not even bust

Mr. R&B
07-10-2010, 12:13 PM
I'm gonna hold off 'til Tuesday.

I want it to be fresh and new for me.

BIG D O
07-10-2010, 08:24 PM
haven't DL'd yet....might go do that now....

Wh0am3ye?
07-11-2010, 11:36 AM
DONT SLEEP ON THIS SHIT!!...sounds like the 90's all over again..

racist randy
07-11-2010, 12:13 PM
Please buy and support that real shit....

Everymanornoman
07-11-2010, 01:11 PM
damn... that Oath joint is fucking crazy !

corky831
07-11-2010, 04:29 PM
peep my review in the review section

Shaolin Bloody Sword
07-11-2010, 05:00 PM
The album is ok ! Could have been better. The 2nd half is better than the first half. Why put a track like "Standoff" on a mixtape & not the album?
It would have been the best track of the album along with the Oath. :mmmyah:

TAURO
07-12-2010, 01:09 AM
The Oath is FUCKING EPIC!!!!

That track gave me chills.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
07-12-2010, 02:51 PM
wasnt interested at first but now imma have to check this out