PDA

View Full Version : Nate Dogg ...

Jammin
07-14-2010, 05:29 AM
noboby's talking about nate dogg, the nigga's still paralyzed after that second stroke right?

show your god damn love

"As of April 5, 2010, Nate Dogg still doesn't have the ability to use his hands or feet. He also can't speak. This was reported by fellow hip-hop artist Damizza."

http://www.natedoggshrine.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Nate-Dogg-SGG-046702.jpg

http://www.natedoggshrine.com/?

Damizza Visits Nate Dogg And Gives Update On His Status - By : Nima - April 4, 2010

One of the most tragic stories to hit the music industry in the last few years is without a doubt that of Nathaniel "Nate Dogg" Hale. The legendary singer blessed his fans with wonderful and timeless music for over a decade, before suffering from two strokes within a one-year period.

Since then, details on his condition have been scarce and Nate Dogg's supporters have been desperately trying to find out how he is doing and whether he will ever be able to make music again. Dubcnn just received an E-Mail from our good friend Damion "Damizza" Young, who recently visited Nate Dogg, letting us know Nate's current status.

Dubcnn would like to thank Damizza for finally providing information on Nate Dogg and for reaching out to dubcnn to let the world know. Here is the message:

"I finally reached Nate Dogg’s mom (thru Warren), Ms. Ruth, and she invited me to visit Nate anytime at the facility he’s in — I went the same day, April 2. I was allowed to spend six hours with him. Not only were my biggest hits with Nate, he is my friend and my strongest mentor/supporter.

When he first heard me rap he said, “Damizza, if somebody has a fu**ing problem with you tell them to call me ... you have my number – I don’t care who you give it to. And I’ll tell them to s**k my dick (sorry Ms. Ruth, I gotta just tell the truth).” That is Nate’s sense of humor.

It hurt me deeply to see my friend in such a state and I told him “there are many people who don’t know where you are or what condition you’re in.” I asked his Mom and him if he had heard music in a long time. Nate’s way of communicating is to look up if it’s a “Yes” and to the side if it’s a “No.” He looked at me with saddened eyes and looked to the side.

I took him, in his wheelchair, to a computer and played him all the songs we’ve done together. His Mom was surprised because all the records Nate and I did were positive ones that expressed his true feelings. I played him “Music and Me.” I played him “Wake Up.” And “Where I Wanna Be.” I also sung him an unreleased record we had done just for fun ... and his face lit up and he laughed, as he is able.

Although it was sad to see my friend in this state I had to stay strong and keep my focus positive (for both of us). He is steps away from speaking again and when I asked him in our classic inside-joke kinda way, “let’s make a deal ...” I said “I’ll bring you your catalogue, headphones and a CD player if you just try to talk again.” He looked up and signaled “Yes!”

I go back in two weeks and I hope that his listening to his music helps bring him back from whatever space he’s in. God knows, in my darkest times, HE was the one who pulled ME out.

I want to thank Snoop, Kurupt, Warren, Butch and all of his real friends and family who have visited him since his stroke; I KNOW what it’s meant to Nate because, as I mentioned their names, his face lit up.

I thank Ms Ruth for just letting me see my friend, and I am honored that she gave me the following statement to release to his fans, friends, and the public." - Damion "Damizza" Young

To Nate's Friends & Fans

"Nathaniel Hale's (aka Nate Dogg) mother Ruth and his entire family would first like to thank all his friends, fans, and acquaintances for their prayers, well wishes, cards, thoughts and anything you may have said or done during this trying time."

"For those who don't know, Nate suffered a major stroke in September 2008, his second in a one-year period. At the present time, Nate is alert and aware although he is unable to speak and has no use of his hands and feet, he is responding by eye movement. As to be expected, he has moments of despair and sadness, but we believe that with God, all things are possible. We continue to trust God for Nate’s progress. We ask that you continue to respect his privacy as he strives to get better. We solicit your continued prayers."

Address To Write Nate Dogg & Update On Condition - By : Nima - April 20, 2010

As promised when we dropped the last article on the condition of Nate Dogg courtesy of Nate's close friend Damion "Damizza" Young, dubcnn returns today with an update on the legendary singer.

Damizza wants to let everybody know that Nate has been improving and asking for his music to listen to. We were also provided with a mailing address to which fans and supporters can send letters and cards with get well wishes and their personal messages to Nate Dogg. His mother will be reading them to him.

Nathaniel Hale
8306 Wilshire Blvd #484
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

We would like to ask everybody to PLEASE keep the letters clean, out of respect for Nate's mother. Thank you.

Keep checking in with dubcnn, we will be providing the fans with the latest information on Nate Dogg's condition and his recovery process. Again, thank you so much for the overwhelming response to our last article.

Come along and blaze one for Nate Dogg as today is 4/20, I have uploaded two of my favorite more recent tracks with Nate Dogg below, one being a collaboration with Daz Dillinger off Daz' "So So Gangsta" album called "Boyz N Da Hood" and the modern classic "Black Mercedes" with DJ Quik. Both tracks are from the year 2005:

Daz Dillinger - Boyz N Da Hood (ft. Nate Dogg)
DJ Quik - Black Mercedes (ft. Nate Dogg)

Also, back in 2008, after Nate Dogg's second stroke, we released a truly great 70-minute Nate Dogg mix put together by DJ Steve1der, for those who haven't heard it, make sure to check it out below:

DJ Steve1der Presents - The Best of Nate Dogg (70min Mix)

1plPyJdXKIY

s2Cgg3HPId8

djskillz
07-14-2010, 05:36 AM
I haven't been talking about it because to me it's one of the most depressing stories lately. Nate Dogg's singing was such an important part of my childhood and without him G-Funk would not have been the same. I wish him the best and hope he can make a strong recovery eventually.

IRwNNLfss2o

Jammin
07-14-2010, 05:46 AM
one more day is a fucking classic track from murder was the case, god bless nate dogg

Undiluted Karma
07-14-2010, 05:51 AM
bless
you cant fuck with nate doggs voice on the gangsta tracks
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LsR9TKXY000&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LsR9TKXY000&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Jammin
07-14-2010, 05:59 AM
bless
you cant fuck with nate doggs voice on the gangsta tracks
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LsR9TKXY000&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LsR9TKXY000&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

QagknwNl6Q4

djskillz
07-14-2010, 06:05 AM
^hell yeah.

bYrmop7g2cU

Undiluted Karma
07-14-2010, 06:09 AM
QagknwNl6Q4

Forgot that dope songs
Lyrics r too misogynistic for my taste, bland.

Love the beat, and Nate's dope singing ofc
peace

Undiluted Karma
07-14-2010, 06:11 AM
^hell yeah.

bYrmop7g2cU

dope song, Pharoahe Monch got rhymes for days
Mos Def is mad nice too

djskillz
07-14-2010, 06:13 AM
I think this might be my favorite Pharoahe Monch verse. Mos Def comes correct and Nate kills the hook.

dad
07-14-2010, 12:29 PM
damn , thats fucking sad .
uzveEPBVQtA

Mr. R&B
07-14-2010, 12:52 PM
His situation is heartbreaking and depressing as fuck.

I got teary eyed when I read Damizza's recount of his recent visit with Nate and his moms.

IrOnMaN
07-14-2010, 03:05 PM
I didn't know about his condition until today. Jesus Christ!

On December 19, 2007, he suffered a stroke, according to a coordinator for his recently formed gospel choir, Innate Praise. Reports had circulated that Nate Dogg had been admitted to Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center in Pomona (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pomona,_California), California (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California) after suffering a heart attack. Erica Beckwith, however, confirmed to MTV News that Nate Dogg was released on December 26 after being treated for a stroke and is currently in a medical-rehab facility to assist him in his recovery. On January 18, 2008, it was officially reported that the stroke had rendered the left side of his body paralyzed. Doctors believe there will be a full recovery, and his voice was not affected.[8] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nate_Dogg#cite_note-MTV-7)
On September 15, 2008, dubcnn.com reported Nate Dogg had suffered a second stroke.
On September 16, 2008, it was reported that Nate Dogg was using an assisted-breathing tube for comfort, although he could breathe on his own.[9] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nate_Dogg#cite_note-8) The breathing tube was removed in December. He is alert but has no use of his hands and feet.
As of April 5, 2010, Nate Dogg still doesn't have the ability to use his hands or feet. He also can't speak. This was reported by fellow hip-hop artist Damizza.

Public Defendaz
07-14-2010, 08:33 PM
I didn't know about his condition until today. Jesus Christ!

On December 19, 2007, he suffered a stroke, according to a coordinator for his recently formed gospel choir, Innate Praise. Reports had circulated that Nate Dogg had been admitted to Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center in Pomona (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pomona,_California), California (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California) after suffering a heart attack. Erica Beckwith, however, confirmed to MTV News that Nate Dogg was released on December 26 after being treated for a stroke and is currently in a medical-rehab facility to assist him in his recovery. On January 18, 2008, it was officially reported that the stroke had rendered the left side of his body paralyzed. Doctors believe there will be a full recovery, and his voice was not affected.[8] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nate_Dogg#cite_note-MTV-7)
On September 15, 2008, dubcnn.com reported Nate Dogg had suffered a second stroke.
On September 16, 2008, it was reported that Nate Dogg was using an assisted-breathing tube for comfort, although he could breathe on his own.[9] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nate_Dogg#cite_note-8) The breathing tube was removed in December. He is alert but has no use of his hands and feet.
As of April 5, 2010, Nate Dogg still doesn't have the ability to use his hands or feet. He also can't speak. This was reported by fellow hip-hop artist Damizza.

Yea, I think I was reading something from Damizza on dubcnn and he was sayn he been bringing an ipod with Nates songs on it and just been playn Nate his songs...Said everything is done by eye launguage like "yes" and "no" blinks but truly a depressing situation.....hopefully he can pull thru

FlamingSwordz
07-14-2010, 09:43 PM
I had no idea...

Hope he gets better though :(

etze
07-14-2010, 09:51 PM
that's fucked up
i think i first listened him on 'the next episode' wit dre and snoop

djskillz
07-14-2010, 09:58 PM
I cant even remember what i first heard him on. i was like 5 when chronic 2001 came out so there's a good possibility that that was the first song i heard him on too.

Jammin
07-15-2010, 02:04 AM

Damizza Visits Nate Dogg And Gives Update On His Status - By : Nima - April 4, 2010

One of the most tragic stories to hit the music industry in the last few years is without a doubt that of Nathaniel "Nate Dogg" Hale. The legendary singer blessed his fans with wonderful and timeless music for over a decade, before suffering from two strokes within a one-year period.

Since then, details on his condition have been scarce and Nate Dogg's supporters have been desperately trying to find out how he is doing and whether he will ever be able to make music again. Dubcnn just received an E-Mail from our good friend Damion "Damizza" Young, who recently visited Nate Dogg, letting us know Nate's current status.

Dubcnn would like to thank Damizza for finally providing information on Nate Dogg and for reaching out to dubcnn to let the world know. Here is the message:

"I finally reached Nate Dogg’s mom (thru Warren), Ms. Ruth, and she invited me to visit Nate anytime at the facility he’s in — I went the same day, April 2. I was allowed to spend six hours with him. Not only were my biggest hits with Nate, he is my friend and my strongest mentor/supporter.

When he first heard me rap he said, “Damizza, if somebody has a fu**ing problem with you tell them to call me ... you have my number – I don’t care who you give it to. And I’ll tell them to s**k my dick (sorry Ms. Ruth, I gotta just tell the truth).” That is Nate’s sense of humor.

It hurt me deeply to see my friend in such a state and I told him “there are many people who don’t know where you are or what condition you’re in.” I asked his Mom and him if he had heard music in a long time. Nate’s way of communicating is to look up if it’s a “Yes” and to the side if it’s a “No.” He looked at me with saddened eyes and looked to the side.

I took him, in his wheelchair, to a computer and played him all the songs we’ve done together. His Mom was surprised because all the records Nate and I did were positive ones that expressed his true feelings. I played him “Music and Me.” I played him “Wake Up.” And “Where I Wanna Be.” I also sung him an unreleased record we had done just for fun ... and his face lit up and he laughed, as he is able.

Although it was sad to see my friend in this state I had to stay strong and keep my focus positive (for both of us). He is steps away from speaking again and when I asked him in our classic inside-joke kinda way, “let’s make a deal ...” I said “I’ll bring you your catalogue, headphones and a CD player if you just try to talk again.” He looked up and signaled “Yes!”

I go back in two weeks and I hope that his listening to his music helps bring him back from whatever space he’s in. God knows, in my darkest times, HE was the one who pulled ME out.

I want to thank Snoop, Kurupt, Warren, Butch and all of his real friends and family who have visited him since his stroke; I KNOW what it’s meant to Nate because, as I mentioned their names, his face lit up.

I thank Ms Ruth for just letting me see my friend, and I am honored that she gave me the following statement to release to his fans, friends, and the public." - Damion "Damizza" Young

To Nate's Friends & Fans

"Nathaniel Hale's (aka Nate Dogg) mother Ruth and his entire family would first like to thank all his friends, fans, and acquaintances for their prayers, well wishes, cards, thoughts and anything you may have said or done during this trying time."

"For those who don't know, Nate suffered a major stroke in September 2008, his second in a one-year period. At the present time, Nate is alert and aware although he is unable to speak and has no use of his hands and feet, he is responding by eye movement. As to be expected, he has moments of despair and sadness, but we believe that with God, all things are possible. We continue to trust God for Nate’s progress. We ask that you continue to respect his privacy as he strives to get better. We solicit your continued prayers."

Address To Write Nate Dogg & Update On Condition - By : Nima - April 20, 2010

As promised when we dropped the last article on the condition of Nate Dogg courtesy of Nate's close friend Damion "Damizza" Young, dubcnn returns today with an update on the legendary singer.

Damizza wants to let everybody know that Nate has been improving and asking for his music to listen to. We were also provided with a mailing address to which fans and supporters can send letters and cards with get well wishes and their personal messages to Nate Dogg. His mother will be reading them to him.

Nathaniel Hale
8306 Wilshire Blvd #484
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

We would like to ask everybody to PLEASE keep the letters clean, out of respect for Nate's mother. Thank you.

Keep checking in with dubcnn, we will be providing the fans with the latest information on Nate Dogg's condition and his recovery process. Again, thank you so much for the overwhelming response to our last article.

Come along and blaze one for Nate Dogg as today is 4/20, I have uploaded two of my favorite more recent tracks with Nate Dogg below, one being a collaboration with Daz Dillinger off Daz' "So So Gangsta" album called "Boyz N Da Hood" and the modern classic "Black Mercedes" with DJ Quik. Both tracks are from the year 2005:

Daz Dillinger - Boyz N Da Hood (ft. Nate Dogg)
DJ Quik - Black Mercedes (ft. Nate Dogg)

Also, back in 2008, after Nate Dogg's second stroke, we released a truly great 70-minute Nate Dogg mix put together by DJ Steve1der, for those who haven't heard it, make sure to check it out below:

DJ Steve1der Presents - The Best of Nate Dogg (70min Mix)

Tommy
07-15-2010, 10:53 AM
^hell yeah.

bYrmop7g2cU

Dope.

8nmXrCJIsAo

Jammin
07-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Dope.

8nmXrCJIsAo

^^classic

ZwUyT1rDiPE

sickdog
07-15-2010, 03:10 PM
i miss Nate Dogg very much...

he is a hook king from west coast... i really miss him on some new albums that been since this shit happened...

but iam afraid he is never coming back, this shit is to damn serious.... its been a long time but he cant even talk... :(

this is fuckin sad... and hurt.. same situation is with Big Duke from psycho realm... this dude was crazy, mad rapper with dope skills uniq voice and mad lyrics ... then some stupid fuck shot him for nothing and now dude is in wheel chair and only move his eyes, tong and speak a lil bit.... :/

thats really fucked up....

djskillz
07-15-2010, 05:12 PM
^I agree about Big Duke. Wasn't he trying to break up a fight too? Wasn't even in the argument.

Jammin
09-12-2010, 02:30 AM
oq_yMm8IEA8

djskillz
09-12-2010, 03:10 AM
ojTVN3cyRM0

EAGLE EYE
09-12-2010, 06:21 PM
ojTVN3cyRM0

this was always one of my favorite hooks from Nate. Haven't heard this song in ages.

Didn't they include this on the Above the Rim soundtrack?

djskillz
09-12-2010, 11:21 PM
^I think so. I know for a fact it was on the "Thug Life vol. 1"