PDA

View Full Version : The Making of Nas & Damian's "Distant Relatives" project

claaa7
07-14-2010, 06:11 PM
CHECK IT (http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2010/07/14/the-making-of-nas-damian-marleys-distant-relatives-video/)

cap
07-14-2010, 06:30 PM
nice!! thx man!

djskillz
07-14-2010, 10:07 PM
fucking awesome. thanks man.

Visionz
07-18-2010, 06:05 AM
awesome!, I hope they're in the studio working on another one, Distant Relatives is an instant classic

claaa7
07-18-2010, 06:55 AM
^ i agree. this is the best, most well-crafted and well-rounded project NaS has been working on since "Stillmatic" i believe. he usually has a bunch of super dope tracks from each album that does not end up on the actual retail album which hurt the quality, but with "Distant Relatives" every single guitar string, drumbeat and other instrument hit right where it's supposed to. Nas and Damian could've recorded music together since they were little kids cuz the chemistry they display is matched by very few. in my opinion they managed to perfectly walk the line between reagge and hip-hop without coming off as corny (which is often the case with collabo's between two genres).

it was great to see this video too, both MC's are definitely very inspired for this music and you can tell they were in the room together creating this gem. none of that sending verses through e-mail bullshit that's happening all the time today. "Distant Relatives" is a true piece of art!

Visionz
07-18-2010, 01:56 PM
^did you notice the play by play breakdown of the song and all the little squares look like pics of really good dank? Haha I love that shit."ok, we for dopness here, here and here,." What about the bridge? "Yeah you better put some superfly shit there too". It's how the whole album turned out. Natural. Brilliance stuffed into every nook.

DThayer36
07-18-2010, 04:10 PM
this album is the best release so far in 2010 imo...so fucking good