PDA

View Full Version : Lupe Fiasco's Punk Band, Japanese Cartoon Just Dropped Their First Album - Free DL

DirtMcgehrk
07-16-2010, 04:09 PM
I've been waiting for this one for a while. It's a punk rock side project by Lupe Fiasco called Japanese Cartoon. Their debut album is called "In the Jaws of The Lords of Death". It's NOT hip hop, so don't go into it expecting Lupe dropping gems and all that. Lupe does sing in the group, going by the alias Waslu Jaco. They decided to make the album available for free download on their site. There's also optional packages available that you can buy that come with t-shirts and other stuff. BUT, free music if you want!!!! Don't sleep on this one! Here's the link.

http://allsabotage.com/

INF
07-16-2010, 04:15 PM
gonna check this out but I wonder what Lupe's top 3 punk bands are. Guess I wont know till I listen.

good lookin out McGehrk

INF
07-16-2010, 04:20 PM
ok I forgot he was gonna use this British cockney accent.

I might get used to it cuz this first song is the shit

INF
07-16-2010, 04:21 PM
SON OF A BITCH !!!!! its 9 tracks..... motherfucker. LOL

Dr. Simon Hurt
07-16-2010, 05:20 PM
dl'ing now.
thanks for the heads up, coach mcgherk

INF
07-16-2010, 05:34 PM
I heard the whole thing and the last track sounds like fucking pearl jam with eddie going thru a distortion box. besides that , the rest of it was PUNK RAWK!

hahahahaha I have a demo coming in AUG with 9 songs and its the punk rock version of hip-hop , this Lupe shit tickles me.

ALCATRAZ
07-16-2010, 08:05 PM
just went to youtube and checked out some japanese cartoon... and i can already tell this shit ain't punk... 1) none of the songs are under two minutes, which should be standard practice for ANY punk song, 2) lupe has a faggit british accent, which isn't staying true to his roots and we all know punk is about being true to yourself and not conforming, which is exactly what he's not doing, and 3) the songs are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too slow... throw that wack shit on the radio rock stations and call it a day

INF
07-16-2010, 08:20 PM
FUCK YES!!!!!!

I didnt read more that "none of these songs were under two minutes"

FUCK yes

the rest of what you said I dont even care but YO!!!!

that is the first thing I told the person that was here listening to this with me!!! once we got to the wack shit or even once we finished the whole thing I said

"well at least it isn't the real thing because all the songs sounded over 3 min"

LMFAO

ALCATRAZ is an OKAY dude.He was just fucking around with that beatles thread

oDoUoSoKo
07-16-2010, 10:34 PM
gimmicky bullshit..cmon lupe..whats goin on...eloels.