PDA

View Full Version : Inception!!!!

Dr. Simon Hurt
07-16-2010, 07:05 PM
Seeing this in about two hours...reserving this space for a review.

All I've been hearing from friends and co-workers today is how mind-bogglingly awesome this is.

Drop your thoughts about the film.

the silencer
07-16-2010, 09:00 PM
dyin to see this...

might go tonight at 10 if there's any tickets left..

the silencer
07-17-2010, 04:37 AM
i saw it tonight....was pretty blown the fuck away just like everybody else.

it's about as good a movie-watching experience as you can have but it's definitely demanding on the viewer...gotta try to figure out the complexities of the narrative at pretty rapid speed...even without understanding every detail and how some major aspects of the story link together tho, you'll understand good enough to be sucked into the action..

i think INCEPTION as a title has many meanings, one of which is the film planting the idea inside the viewer's mind that everything is not what it seems..REALITY is perhaps not so REAL, everything is really just being crafted by us at the same time as we observe it....

i'll undoubtedly have a ton more to say about the film and I'll be seeing it many more times but for now, I'm gonna try to recollect my grip on (what I think is) the waking state

bamboo
07-17-2010, 05:19 AM
This movie seems mad by looking at the trailer!
But I gotta wait yet another week to see it, it's premiering on the 23rd over here...

Reiko
07-17-2010, 07:09 AM
been waitin' for this one for a long time, gotta see it really soon, Nolan is one of the best

Jragonsoul
07-17-2010, 08:37 AM
Guess I gots to give this one a shot

RADIOACTIVE MAN
07-17-2010, 03:36 PM
what a fucking brilliant movie,this shit blew me tha fuck away,at this rate,christopher nolan is shitting on most of hollywood,real talk,wow

djskillz
07-17-2010, 03:37 PM
guess i gotta check this out.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
07-17-2010, 03:40 PM
please do fam,u wont regret it

100pr00f
07-17-2010, 06:00 PM
gonna hit the flick up later today

Sky Blue Bally Kid
07-17-2010, 07:24 PM
Great film, everyone needs to check this out.

The zero gravity scenes were amazing to watch.

Ending was perfect.

The only slight flaw was perhaps the most inept group of enemy foot soldiers I've ever seen in a film, lol.

100pr00f
07-17-2010, 11:51 PM
def a crazy movie ...gotta check it...at the end tho the whole crowd went nooooo lol what happens haha

also its a movie were u cant miss shit like a bathroom break or u wont know whats going on the whole time lol

oDoUoSoKo
07-18-2010, 12:10 AM
fantastic...nuff said

(til later)

IrOnMaN
07-18-2010, 01:30 PM
I WILL see this movie next Friday.:)

Dr. Simon Hurt
07-18-2010, 04:14 PM
sheer madness...this has been the only movie really worth seeing this year...images, dialogue and set-pieces have been rattling around in my brain for the last two days after seeing this.

we are going to see it again tomorrow and i never do that lol

TAURO
07-18-2010, 06:19 PM
Just came back from seeing it. Absolutely brilliant.

I didn't know what to expect going into this film but I was gripped the whole way through. It was more action packed than I was expecting and I didn't think the plot was that hard to follow although I think this movie would only get better with repeat viewings.

Overall this is probably the best film i've seen this year, Nolan has delivered on a smart action thriller, one that hopefully gets good box office so that hollywood is encouraged to keep giving us more intellectual summer blockbusters.

oDoUoSoKo
07-18-2010, 07:25 PM
complete co sign^^ every word.

oDoUoSoKo
07-18-2010, 07:27 PM
sheer madness...this has been the only movie really worth seeing this year...images, dialogue and set-pieces have been rattling around in my brain for the last two days after seeing this.

we are going to see it again tomorrow and i never do that lol
ya im watching it again, and funny..the last time i did that, was for a nolan flick (DK), and the time before that (Memento)

the silencer
07-20-2010, 01:09 AM
saw it again tonight...

MUCH better on a second viewing, alotta things were much clearer (they talk so fast at times, this time I paid close attention to everything they said) but I also found it much less deep and mysterious on a 2nd viewing.....i don't quite feel as though Nolan is trying to fuck with us anymore...

it's a great movie tho. Even knowing what was gonna happen, the suspenseful parts were like OH SHIT THEY GOTTA GET OUTT!!!

snapple
07-20-2010, 09:58 AM
i thought it was a really cool movie.....

but as soon as i figured it out.....i got lost again.....

i definitely need to see it again to put all the pieces together....

but i recommend this to anybody

the silencer
07-22-2010, 11:24 AM
i wrote a huge post about the film on my blog...you should only read this if you've seen the movie already tho: http://bit.ly/9fRpNy

bamboo
07-22-2010, 12:19 PM
http://cheezcomixed.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/inceptionp1.jpg

oDoUoSoKo
07-22-2010, 09:41 PM
haha^

Dr. Simon Hurt
07-22-2010, 09:49 PM
*dead

the last two shots are what sell it lol

IrOnMaN
07-23-2010, 04:32 PM
i wrote a huge post about the film on my blog...you should only read this if you've seen the movie already tho: http://bit.ly/9fRpNy

Very well written blog.

the silencer
07-25-2010, 03:12 PM
thank you, i appreciate that

CEITEDMOFO
07-25-2010, 03:20 PM
Just came back from seeing it. Absolutely brilliant.
http://www.down-syndrom.ch/Fotos/fabio_1.jpg
I didn't know what to expect going into this film but I was gripped the whole way through. It was more action packed than I was expecting and I didn't think the plot was that hard to follow
CAUSE YOUR AN IDIOT
saw it again tonight...

http://www.time4learning.com/images/nev%20smaller.jpg
MUCH better on a second viewing, alotta things were much clearer (they talk so fast at times, this time I paid close attention to everything they said) \
CAUSE YOUR A MORON!!
i thought it was a really cool movie.....
http://www.pathfindervillage.org/index_files/guy-on-home.jpg
but as soon as i figured it out.....i got lost again.....

i definitely need to see it again to put all the pieces together....

:no:

Buzk
07-25-2010, 07:29 PM
h o l y shhiiiet, LOVED IT! got the same feeling i had when i first watched the matrix, fuckin genius

the silencer
07-27-2010, 06:42 PM
well this is pretty goddamn awesome...

UVkQ0C4qDvM

Dr Sleepwalker
07-28-2010, 05:49 AM
great movie. the idea alone for this movie was a feature, but how this was executed was just major. LOVED this movie

FasarTheGreat
07-30-2010, 01:32 PM
great movie 9/10

found great picture haha

http://i28.tinypic.com/23ma4xx.jpg

Janjuhizm
07-30-2010, 04:14 PM
been waitin' for this one for a long time, gotta see it really soon, Nolan is one of the best

Hell yeah Nolan is a Beast all his movies are great, this one had me questioning my own reality when I walked out of the theatre lol, for real tho

Undiluted Karma
07-30-2010, 04:41 PM
good film but only 8/10 wasnt worth the high reviews imo, the storyline was too messy, still good film though

oDoUoSoKo
07-30-2010, 09:29 PM
the storyline was messy? that shit was tighter than *vagina joke*

oDoUoSoKo
07-30-2010, 09:30 PM
great movie 9/10

found great picture haha

http://i28.tinypic.com/23ma4xx.jpg
great eloels

Dr. Simon Hurt
07-30-2010, 09:36 PM
i thought the story was meticulously constructed

lol @ those screenshots

Mcthuggin99
08-01-2010, 11:16 PM
just got back from the theater. the movie is fucking amazing. best movie ive seen in a while

also its a movie were u cant miss shit like a bathroom break or u wont know whats going on the whole time lol
lol dude i had to take a piss i said fuck that its gonna have to wait

i will definately have to buy it when it comes out on blu ray no matter what the cost

Longbongcilvaringz
08-03-2010, 10:53 AM
it was good.

CharlesJones
08-14-2010, 01:04 PM
My parents saw Inception and they said they hated it hahahahahahahaha. They said they walked out on it in the middle of it hahahahahahahahaha. I told them i don't know why they saw it anyway because it looks wack. Leonardo Dicapario is a overrated actor to me and his movies suck except The Departed. Matt Damon is overrated too and most of his movies suck except The Departed and The Bourne Identity sequels hahahahahahaha.

oDoUoSoKo
08-14-2010, 01:20 PM

Mcthuggin99
08-14-2010, 02:03 PM
My parents saw Inception and they said they hated it hahahahahahahaha. They said they walked out on it in the middle of it hahahahahahahahaha. I told them i don't know why they saw it anyway because it looks wack. Leonardo Dicapario is a overrated actor to me and his movies suck except The Departed. Matt Damon is overrated too and most of his movies suck except The Departed and The Bourne Identity sequels hahahahahahaha.
at first i didnt like DiCaprio but then i saw The Departed and i started checking out some of his movies. he gots some good movies like The Beach, Catch Me If You Can, Body Of Lies, The Aviator, Blood Diamond, Shutter Island, and Gangs of New York was good but the actor who really stole the show in that movie was Daniel Day Lewis

CharlesJones
08-14-2010, 03:05 PM
I forgot about Blood Diamond. That was pretty good. Jennifer Connelly looked so good in that movie. I wanna fuck her. I've had a crush on her for awhile.

Ghost In The 'Lac
08-30-2010, 11:01 AM
so i only just got to see it and i think the wobbling of the spinning top at the end was a metaphor to signify the uncertainty of reality, rather than give the audience a clue as to whether he was dreaming or not. Which I don't think is the point. When he walks away you can tell he has no idea anymore if this is reality.

Nolan used the film as an inception itself which was an impressive way to immerse an audience in a more intelligent way than using 3D. But not everyone comes away immediately thinking what i described, most have in their head the need to choose awake or dreaming for the ending, which is fine, because thats life anyway, the wobbling of the top at the end is key to all 3 explanations to the viewer. Spoiler.

But I didn't come away with a whole new philosophical outlook on the nature of reality like some douches. This is an action/thriller movie. The ideas it used are not new, and the most effective ones are far more psycologically subtle and simple than an action movie with huge explosions and chase scenes. I came away VERY stunned with the movie as a movie, the movie making skill employed in this film, the script, and the implimentation was all pretty much perfect as a film of this kind can get.

I dont think the film will 'stick with me' for days, because theres no emotional tie in for the viewer, which tend to be the only type of flicks that i stay thinking about for a long time. But I am thinking about it alot, and going back over alot of the scenes in my head, which i dont remember doing before.

oDoUoSoKo
08-30-2010, 10:04 PM
Jennifer Connelly looked so good in that movie. I wanna fuck her. I've had a crush on her for awhile.
cant believe i agree with u on something..eloels.

Mcthuggin99
08-31-2010, 01:06 AM
I dont think the film will 'stick with me' for days, because theres no emotional tie in for the viewer, which tend to be the only type of flicks that i stay thinking about for a long time. But I am thinking about it alot, and going back over alot of the scenes in my head, which i dont remember doing before.
i watched it like the second week, and im still hyped about it. everyday im hoping that a blu ray release date is announced. but i think it wont come out till about December to make money from holiday shoppers.

the only way imma watch it again is in theatre or Blu Ray. fuck a dvd rip, imma pay whatever the price is to get the Blu

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-31-2010, 10:11 AM
so i only just got to see it and i think the wobbling of the spinning top at the end was a metaphor to signify the uncertainty of reality, rather than give the audience a clue as to whether he was dreaming or not. Which I don't think is the point. When he walks away you can tell he has no idea anymore if this is reality.

Nolan used the film as an inception itself which was an impressive way to immerse an audience in a more intelligent way than using 3D. But not everyone comes away immediately thinking what i described, most have in their head the need to choose awake or dreaming for the ending, which is fine, because thats life anyway, the wobbling of the top at the end is key to all 3 explanations to the viewer. Spoiler.

But I didn't come away with a whole new philosophical outlook on the nature of reality like some douches. This is an action/thriller movie. The ideas it used are not new, and the most effective ones are far more psycologically subtle and simple than an action movie with huge explosions and chase scenes. I came away VERY stunned with the movie as a movie, the movie making skill employed in this film, the script, and the implimentation was all pretty much perfect as a film of this kind can get.

True. It's not the deepest movie, but it does really well for a summer blockbuster.

I really like the movie, but in some scenes Leo wasn't at his best. Cillian Murphy did more for the emotional side of this movie in that last scene with his father than Leo did with his 'wife moments'.

And yeah, the shooting in the mountains reminded me of a snoozefest Bond-like movie, but otherwise it was a really entertaining movie.

Mcthuggin99
08-31-2010, 11:04 PM
True. It's not the deepest movie, but it does really well for a summer blockbuster.

I really like the movie, but in some scenes Leo wasn't at his best. Cillian Murphy did more for the emotional side of this movie in that last scene with his father than Leo did with his 'wife moments'.

And yeah, the shooting in the mountains reminded me of a snoozefest Bond-like movie, but otherwise it was a really entertaining movie.
one thing i had a problem with was that the thing with his wife was very similar to the problem Leo's character in Shutter Island had in a way. they were both fucking with his mind

but i got over it and just enjoyed watching it

portis24
09-07-2010, 07:51 AM
anyone got a good quality link to this movie

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-07-2010, 11:09 AM
go to the damn cinema man

its like people who would come to me and tell me Avatar sucked after theyd only seen it on a 240x320 internet stream from a guy who recorded it in the cinema. Fuck off lol. See that shit in IMAX 3D 50ft screen and tell me that shit didnt move you.

Tage
09-07-2010, 01:38 PM
^or wait for the BluRay release to be uploaded; then watch in 1080p for free via your PS3 :satisfy:

Tecknowledgist
09-07-2010, 03:58 PM

you can't even figure out how to plug your earphones in the back of the library computer, how the fuck are you gonna make it through a movie like inception?

but yeah, the movie was fuckin great!!

i need to watch it again though, the theatre i was in had horrible acoustics and i missed a lot of important dialogue. PLUS the bitch i was with needed to leave three minutes before the end of the fuckin movie... (AHHHHHHHHHH!!!)

i'd definitely recommend it to everybody though (besides ignorant black men)

djskillz
09-07-2010, 04:41 PM
you can't even figure out how to plug your earphones in the back of the library computer, how the fuck are you gonna make it through a movie like inception?

:lmao:

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Saw it for the 2nd time, didnt think it was as good as the first, noticed a few plot holes

like why was Cobb not still wired up when he woke up on the plane? Surely you always need to be wired up, even in limbo, whiches raises more questions about things in the film.

and how did Cobb know that Arther also "missed the kick" when he was in the zero gravity mode. because he did also miss the kick, and they both went to go for the second kick of the car hitting the water, or am i missing something on this part

also i didnt pay attention both times i watched it as to why him and mal were in limbo the first time in the first place? and why did killing themselves get them out of it?

RagnaroK
09-10-2010, 10:22 AM
1) The flight attendant could've took them off she was right next to Cobbs when he woke up
2) The music was the signal it was a timed signal remember they are dream sharing so what one can hear from the real word the other can hear on the dream also they jumped from Arthur's dream into Eames so it was Eams who hears the music and warns Cobbs about it
3) Limbo is the last stage of the dream levels there is nothing beyond it so even if they were heavily sedated if they kill them self there they will wake up
4) I think Cobbs projection of Mal is so strong that no matter where he is Mal will appear too so when he dropped into Limbo so did Mal

at least those are the answer I came up with hope it helps.

Tecknowledgist
09-10-2010, 06:14 PM
like why was Cobb not still wired up when he woke up on the plane? Surely you always need to be wired up, even in limbo, whiches raises more questions about things in the film.

1) The flight attendant could've took them off she was right next to Cobbs when he woke up

yeah, remember they unplugged saito on the train at the beginning before he woke up. they would have had to unplug fischer at the end too otherwise he would have woken up like wtf is this lol

bamboo
09-15-2010, 03:46 AM
http://cheezcomixed.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/443278c1-5156-4136-a19d-c636dce7f559.jpg

:lmao:

oDoUoSoKo
09-15-2010, 09:00 PM
i prefer the xzibit one better

the silencer
09-18-2010, 01:27 PM
Saw it for the 2nd time, didnt think it was as good as the first, noticed a few plot holes

good question because it seemed like both Cobb and Saito were stuck in the dream longer than everybody else and thus they should've both been plugged in when they awoke (since they were sharing a dream pretty much)...

but then again, like in the opening train scene, maybe Cobb was just sedated for a little while longer than everyone else and what we see is him popping out of it....cuz nobody else has the wire on either when he wakes up..the whole thing is done with but he was so far under that it took him an extra minute to wake up..

and how did Cobb know that Arther also "missed the kick" when he was in the zero gravity mode. because he did also miss the kick, and they both went to go for the second kick of the car hitting the water, or am i missing something on this part the first kick was the truck smashing into the guard rail..they were PREPARED for the kick by the music playing. The song lets you know the kick is coming

the way Cobb knew the kick was missed is that, in the snow mountain level, they heard the music, then there was a fucking huge avalanche, and nobody woke up.. Also Arthur hadn't tried to wake them up in the hotel scene yet (he deactivated the explosives that were supposed to detonate with the first kick of the truck smashing the guard rail)

the truck hitting the water is the second kick...(and that whole part where the truck is slowly falling off the bridge is insane)

also i didnt pay attention both times i watched it as to why him and mal were in limbo the first time in the first place? and why did killing themselves get them out of it?when Cobb tells the story of him and Mal going into limbo he just basically says they were exploring dreams and he kept wanting to go in deeper and eventually they were in limbo which is a level of dream so deep that time moves so slow you forget it's actually a dream

killing themselves to get out of it (i THINK) is basically a kick to bring them back up through the dream levels and to eventually wake up..

I've seen it in theaters 4 times now and I wanna go see it a 5th time before it's out of theaters....with the pounding music and everything it's a pretty amazing cinematic experience..

also here's two cool things I've realized about it:

- not sure if I posted it already in this thread but that main music you hear at the beginning and in the climactic dream level scenes, that slow pounding, is a heavily slowed down version of the French song they play to prepare for waking up.
UVkQ0C4qDvM
The song is called "Non, je ne regrette rien" which is "No, I regret nothing" which is a main theme of the movie---the whole thing is really Cobb trying to get over his guilt, his heavy regret of which Mal (French for "evil") is a manifestation..He also says at one of the key points of the film (that kinda classroom part where they're studying and preparing for the heist or inception) that the mind strives to achieve catharsis, and positive emotion trumps negative emotion, in other words an AFFIRMATION aka "No, I don't regret anything"
(this also directly connected to the heavy influence of Greek myth and tragedy on the film---in Greek tragedy, catharsis was always the goal. I wrote a post about that on my blog (http://abuildingroam.blogspot.com/2010/07/examining-james-joycestephen-dedalus_25.html) a little while back)

- the other thing I've just now realized (actually it was yesterday after a hit of some brand new and heavy medical trees) is that the movie opens with the same music it ends with:

The opening is the Warner Bros logo with the eerie dream clouds in the background and you hear, very subtly as if it's coming from a few levels down, the same music you hear at the very end of the film when the top is spinning...

I highly recommend seeing it in theaters as many times as you can because it makes more sense each time...i didn't understand virtually any of the dialogue until my 2nd viewing

LORD NOSE
10-30-2010, 12:41 PM
name one movie better/iLLer than this

Tage
10-30-2010, 04:04 PM
This film was impeccable - One of the best climaxes in any film I've seen.

I know you've all been discussing plot holes, etc... and I've read a few of them, but not this one:
*spolier* (obviously)

In the *3rd level of consciousness(I think), where there is no gravity because the van is in freefall(in the 2nd level), how come those people who were in the next level didn't feel the weightlessness, as they were floating around. [If the girl was the architect for all dreams, surely she would have interpreted that into whatever level of dream she was in?]

*I'm going by reality as the first level of consciousness.

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-30-2010, 04:15 PM
FIlm is overrated on reflection, targetted to make dumb people feel smart when they "get it", like Shawshank Redemption.

In the *3rd level of consciousness(I think), where there is no gravity because the van is in freefall(in the 2nd level), how come those people who were in the next level didn't feel the weightlessness, as they were floating around. [If the girl was the architect for all dreams, surely she would have interpreted that into whatever level of dream she was in?]

*I'm going by reality as the first level of consciousness.

Stop saying "levels of conciousness". This was not about the mental acension of the Buddha to nirvana. It was about dreams within dreams.

AS for the question what level are you talking about? I think you need to watch the film again. They didnt go into anymore dreams. They went to limbo, is that what you mean? Thats different.

Tage
10-30-2010, 04:39 PM
I used the phrase "level of consciousness", so it wouldn't confuse folks when I had "dream" about 20 times in one sentence. (Why are you so hostile?)

The "dream level" I'm talking about is when they go into another dream in room 528. They are floating about, yet in the "mine level" (which is before they are in limbo), they're not affected by the weightlessness. So, yes, they did go into another dream, and I think it is you who needs to watch the film again.

:fucku:

LORD NOSE
10-31-2010, 10:45 AM
just saw this last night - yall a bunch of big babies

RagnaroK
11-06-2010, 02:30 AM
I used the phrase "level of consciousness", so it wouldn't confuse folks when I had "dream" about 20 times in one sentence. (Why are you so hostile?)

The "dream level" I'm talking about is when they go into another dream in room 528. They are floating about, yet in the "mine level" (which is before they are in limbo), they're not affected by the weightlessness. So, yes, they did go into another dream, and I think it is you who needs to watch the film again.

:fucku:

To answer your question: on the first level of a dream a simple slap can wake them up, whatever happens on their surroundings in the real world will be notably reflected on the levels, unless they are heavily sedated or jump into a second dream. Each time they jump into a deeper level the effects of the surroundings in the real world or a previous dream will be less and less thus the normal gravity on the snow level and Saito actually getting better after the bullet wound on the first dream

food for thought
11-06-2010, 02:54 AM
just saw this last night - yall a bunch of big babies

lmao

mixed reviews. now i cant wait to watch this and determine wether or not yall are some faggits.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-06-2010, 04:20 PM
why you bein so hostile, man?

LORD ZERO
12-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Just watched it last night.......excellent imo

Olive Oil Goombah
12-11-2010, 11:44 PM
i saw it last night...it was pretty good, i don't see what was so hard to follow though, apart from the beginning before you know what the fuck is going on.

visually the effects were pretty cool.

The overall story was good to, it had me into it the whole time, and it does work your brain a little bit.

The ending pissed me off i guess, but it leaves it open to interpretation....or maybe a sequel

LORD ZERO
12-12-2010, 03:08 PM
I wouldnt expect a sequel since it took nolan 10 yrs to get this one perfect

billyanalogue
12-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Mayne i got this shit here on DVD son. I might watch this shit after i eat my pizza and smoke another spliff

GZAjector
12-12-2010, 11:50 PM
yeah i finally got around to watching it last night. shit was pretty fuckin good.

kind of reminded me of a mix between shutter island, the matrix, and nightmare on elm street.

peace

Mcthuggin99
12-13-2010, 05:40 PM
Mayne i got this shit here on DVD son. I might watch this shit after i eat my pizza and smoke another spliff
ah man, watching it on dvd is unacceptable, i got it on Blu Ray and that shit looks clean as fuck

Uncle Steezo
12-14-2010, 04:10 AM
just watched it again. yup i still liked it.
if everyone here hated it then lacey would love it.

and yes, they were levels of consciousness because at the lowest level you were at the "shores of the siubconscious" a blank canvas.

Fright
12-14-2010, 08:53 AM
this film is overrated. I agree with Ghost in the lac with "people feel smart when they "get it".
Its good movie, but its not perfect, nor its the 6th best film according to IMDB.

yes, the idea of the film is great and original, but it needed emotional side.

Uncle Steezo
12-14-2010, 01:49 PM
so fright, what is an example of a smart movie for smart people?

and i don't think its fair to blame the movie for your inability to emotionally connect with it. people who have been married and have kids get it. even those who have fallen in love get it. then you have the father/son aspect between fisher and his pops.
it think your emotinal vocabulary is limited so much of the emotional dialog is wasted on you.

any more emotion in this movie and it becomes a chick flick.

hahahahahah
remember when lacey said avatar was brlliant?

Fright
12-14-2010, 02:25 PM
i dont wanna argue about how good or bad it was, im just saying what im thinking.
Ok, everyone after watching this movie were shocked, full of questions etc... but what about the story? will you remember it after few years? i dont think so
Dont get me wrong, the idea of the film is brilliant, but the delivery could have been way better.

And one other point. Everyone seems to "get" it afer watching it and thats the main point why this movie is not brilliant
The mindblowing movie, like someone calls it, shouldnt explain every last detail.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-14-2010, 02:34 PM
it was a pretty unique movie, i have never seen one like it.

I dont know where anyone is thinking they are smart because they "get it".

Some people don't like movies like this, some do.

I found it very interesting, it allowed you to interpret things many ways and it leaves you thinking if you got that deep into the story.

if you didn't than so be it.

Uncle Steezo
12-14-2010, 06:17 PM
Ok, everyone after watching this movie were shocked, full of questions etc...

Everyone seems to "get" it afer watching it and thats the main point why this movie is not brilliant
yeah... ok. lol

12-14-2010, 06:21 PM
Movie of the year 4 me.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-14-2010, 08:40 PM

alllll day

Uncle Steezo
12-14-2010, 08:50 PM
avatar was a good movie no doubt. not much in terms of storyline or depth of character tho. it was fun to look at for a few hrs.

idk how you rate ur flicks but yeah... you're wrong.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-14-2010, 08:58 PM
. how many movies these days display impressive amounts of character depth. no mucho.

the problem people have with Avatar is, they like to compare it to every single type of movie that ever came out. youre all basically paying it a massive compliment. you dont compare T2: Judgement Day to Mullholland Drive, but everyone would agree T2 is a classic movie.

We're talking about film making. And no other Film in history of film making has ever created anything like Avatar before. Thats all that needs to be said about that.

Dr. Simon Hurt
12-14-2010, 09:21 PM
no other Film in history of film making has ever created anything like Avatar before.

wait...what?

what do you mean by that exactly?

if we're talking about creating immersive worlds beyond our own with fully realized non-human characters...star wars did that over 30 years ago, 'brah'.

Uncle Steezo
12-14-2010, 10:04 PM
let me say...
I LOVE AVATAR...for what it is.

BUT

the technical aspects of how avatar was created all stand on the shoulders of the work lucas did for Ep 1,2 &3.

and so now we r supposed rate avatar on a sliding scale cause most movies suck in terms of character depth?

but even there you are dead wrong.
book of eli
get him to the greek
Scott Pilgrim

showed more character depth and story telling innovation than avatar.

"TOY STORY 3" and "UP" ...two movies that dealt with the same challenges that Avatar did. (animated characters) had waaaaaayyyy more character depth than avatar.

just say that you like the movie cause its a personal preference.
not for some made up bs argument for the sake of being different on wutang-corp.com

Dr. Simon Hurt
12-14-2010, 10:43 PM
^well the 'characterization' in avatar was so broad and rooted in archetypes (some might say cliches) of 'adventure' films, that i assumed it was a conscious decision on cameron's part, so he could focus on the aspects of the movie that were more interesting to him and so that the basic aspects of the movie could be grasped and understood by anyone.

technical innovations don't make a great movie anyway. they're a bonus.

i also don't think inception was abstract or ambiguous on the level of a david lynch film, but it definitely dealt with some provocative concepts in greater depth than most films do. The brilliance of the movie for me is that, while there were complex ideas at play and fun maze-like construction to it...the story was still rooted in real human emotions and behavior.

Like Style said, there was stuff going on with Cobb's dead wife (her decline could be viewed as a metaphor for drug addiction), his estrangement from his family, his psychological problems...to say nothing of the technical aspects, acting, art direction, cinematography, etc...it was very well written and constructed, and the fact that some smug 'faggits' are both underrating and over-rating it shouldn't detract from that.

Uncle Steezo
12-14-2010, 10:54 PM
i felt the father/son relationship of fisher and his own projection of what he believed to be his father was interesting.

then there is the concept of inception itself. did they really plant an idea? i'm beginning to think that they didn't. they just cleared a path for fisher to receive his own inspiration.

this ties in closely to the akashic record that i'm studying now. basically, all timelines of all possible realities and universes in a multiverse quantum model, are connected in the zero point field and that one can access the knowledge of everything by "downloading"data from this field.

it is said that this field is where inspiration, ideas and dejavu come from.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-14-2010, 11:19 PM
wait...what?

what do you mean by that exactly?

if we're talking about creating immersive worlds beyond our own with fully realized non-human characters...star wars did that over 30 years ago, 'brah'.

reach

let me say...

BUT

the technical aspects of how avatar was created all stand on the shoulders of the work lucas did for Ep 1,2 &3.

and so now we r supposed rate avatar on a sliding scale cause most movies suck in terms of character depth?

book of eli
get him to the greek
Scott Pilgrim

"TOY STORY 3" and "UP" ...two movies that dealt with the same challenges that Avatar did. (animated characters) had waaaaaayyyy more character depth than avatar.

not for some made up bs argument for the sake of being different on wutang-corp.com

lol so what book of eli and get hm to the greek sucked so who cares avatar is a better movie stop comparing it to every genre of film that you wanna cherry pick for attributes of film making

technical innovations don't make a great movie anyway. they're a bonus.

yeah they do, and no theyre not.

when you create an entire planet in the detail and lushness Avatar did, it goes waayyyyyy past mere "technical" innovation my dear watson, step your game up.

As for Inception, I watched it twice at the cinema, 2nd time I was more than slightly bored by the end. Its a pretty boring and shallow movie. Yeah, he had a "clever" idea, but the way you lemonheads cream your pyjamas because he came up with the idea of dreams within dreams, is embarrasing. Its really not that clever, but I can see it being very hard to film, he did pull that off well, techinically, it was a big success in organisation and editing.

then again, maybe it wasnt, because it confused everybody, but then he can fall back and say well, that was the idea hurp durp, and once again im chris nolan and im not good enough to think of good endings so ill just leave the ending completely open and hope people call me a genius for it.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-15-2010, 12:02 AM
The Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer portrayed by Phil Hartman on SNL in the 90's had more character depth than anyone from avatar

Uncle Steezo
12-15-2010, 07:02 AM
so now you wanna nit pick about the type of movie avatar is compared to?
okay lets put Star Wars Episode 3 (the last one made) up against Avatar.

tell me how avatar did anything new besides the facial camera stuff.

alien worlds? SW had like 5 of em in one movie.
creatures?....uhhh yeah
action? epic fight scenes. as a matter of fact avatar's fights were pretty weak.
interesting concept? planetary lifeforce (avatar) vs universal force (SW)

man why am i even wasting my time? you're an idiot.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-15-2010, 12:06 PM
tell me how avatar did anything new besides the facial camera stuff.

lul wut foo

He literally invented a whole new way of filming a film. 70% of Avatars footage was CGI, 0% of that was noticable. His camara also renders the environment in real time on his screen as hes shooting, allowing him to "move around" the world as if hes really there. Rather than filming something on a green screen, then going back to a computer where it renders, and then editing it from there.

Cameron developed a way to actually BE in Pandora, with his camera, in real time. Not to mention he took filming in 3D to a whole new era, with brand new advanced methods not before seen.

as a matter of fact avatar's fights were pretty weak.

http://www.comic-mint.com/media/client/ComicBookGuy-Homer-CABF08-C1507_sml.jpg

When Quaritich jumped out the ship with his suit on = ultimate epicness
When Tsu'tey launched onto the ship from his banshee and bitch whipped a few soldiers before dramtically being tossed off = ultimate drama
The final battle between Quartich and Sully, pure tension
When Sully jumps onto the ship and chucks a few grenades into the air ducts, =epic
When the planets animals ccome together and appear out the forest = epic

The last half of the film had so many epic battle scenes, you lost boy.

angry!
12-15-2010, 12:31 PM
INCEPTION was crack!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMBITIOUS film!!!!!!!!!!!

AMBITIOUS film!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AVATAR is something that i wish i couldve experienced as a kid...

visually, stunning... lush environments, it takes you to another world...

personally, i wouldve liked seeing JAMES CAMERON put all that effort into continuing the TERMINATOR franchise, but he moves how he moves.. AVATAR revolutionized CGI emotion... and SMASHED the walls of limitation!!!!!!!!!

INCEPTION is just an incredible piece of work...

its like one of those scripts that reads well.. but you cant see it on film...

nolan went ahead and handled that!!!!!!!!!!!!

nolan makes the impossible look easy... im sure he makes other directors nervous, because it seems he can make anything happen behind the cam...

jimmy cameron is just flagrant with it... that nigga hot doggin his way to the bank...

developing new technology exclusively for his movie... HAHAHAHA

jimmy is an ASSHOLE...

niggas that knock AVATAR the same chumps lining up to see MICHAEL BAY flicks twice!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Simon Hurt
12-15-2010, 12:34 PM
AVATAR is something that i wish i couldve experienced as a kid...

agreed

THE MASON
12-15-2010, 01:48 PM
LOL @ lacey defend Avatar to the death.............. it wasnt anything special imo. entertaining movie, great visuals but other then that, very unoriginal film.

Inception on the other hand, was an original concept with great visuals, captivating story line and overall a more entertaining progression through the film. much better direction.

Uncle Steezo
12-15-2010, 04:57 PM
yeah lacey those were some really epic and dramatic jumping scenes but i'm talking about fights.

Mumm Ra
12-15-2010, 09:08 PM
lol @ this page
avatar wasn't anything special besides the technology they used, but that doesn't make a movie good. i haven't felt like watching it after the first time
ive played plenty of 2D games that were waay better than realistic looking 3D games

i think lacey just likes to hear himself talk
if you can call inception shallow while not saying the same for avatar then u just being mad

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-15-2010, 09:47 PM
jimmy cameron is just flagrant with it... that nigga hot doggin his way to the bank...

developing new technology exclusively for his movie... HAHAHAHA

jimmy is an ASSHOLE...

hahaha

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-15-2010, 09:51 PM
but really doe

inception isnt fucking with avatar on whatever fucking dream level you faggots operate on

kate moss' cunt is deeper than that flick. the best part of the film was the last 5 minutes, and that was an accident becausse the nigga didnt know how to end the fucking thing.

Uncle Steezo
12-15-2010, 10:53 PM
yawn...

Rame
01-15-2011, 06:18 PM
This movie is incredibly wack!

01-15-2011, 06:26 PM
lol

Rame
01-15-2011, 06:36 PM
^ Lol @ the 9.0/10 it gets on IMDB.

oDoUoSoKo
01-16-2011, 01:35 AM
ur the same guy who didnt like mgs4 right?

Rame
01-16-2011, 05:51 AM
^ Nice comparison!

oDoUoSoKo
01-16-2011, 12:59 PM
nice off black avatar!

Dr. Simon Hurt
01-16-2011, 01:38 PM

no.

nope.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-16-2011, 10:56 PM
sstill with this shit???

neither movie was even something to get that excited about truthfully.

Longbongcilvaringz
01-18-2011, 08:36 AM
it's intentionally ambiguous and anti-climactic, but it's enjoyable.

Longbongcilvaringz
01-18-2011, 08:37 AM
avatar was a fucking kids movie, and a pretty shit one at that.

and no, i haven't seen it.

if you want to subject yourself to that kind of torture, be my guest.

Longbongcilvaringz
01-18-2011, 08:40 AM
let me say...

BUT

book of eli
get him to the greek
Scott Pilgrim

jesus, i was with you until you started mentioning star wars and get him to the greek. horrendous films.

I agree with the rest though.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-18-2011, 10:07 AM
i also have never seen avatar and dont intend to

Rame
01-18-2011, 10:11 AM
I have seen it and don't have the intention to watch it again.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-18-2011, 01:06 PM
Toy Story 3 was the best film of last year

Avatar cant be classed in the same bracket as "film" as these other movies though, Avatar is less a movie and more a dawning of a new genesis of photographic stimuli and creativity in the application of made living worlds, systems and megacosms.

Dr. Simon Hurt
01-18-2011, 08:23 PM

Avatar cant be classed in the same bracket as "film" as these other movies though, Avatar is less a movie and more a dawning of a new genesis of photographic stimuli and creativity in the application of made living worlds, systems and megacosms.

lolgtfoh

'more a dawning of a new genesis...' 'the application of made living worlds...'
ahahahahaha

01-18-2011, 08:55 PM

lolgtfoh

'more a dawning of a new genesis...' 'the application of made living worlds...'
ahahahahaha
lol

ShaDynasty
08-31-2011, 07:43 PM
Aiight, better than shitter island.

Longbongcilvaringz
09-02-2011, 12:50 AM

hahahaha

this is such a great combination of abject stupidity, abysmal command of the english language and repugnant opinion.

amazing.