PDA

View Full Version : a new J5 album is overdue!!lol.

oldie
10-09-2005, 12:49 PM
i got all three albums now, took me about a month, a bit less. but i jus looked, 1st was released '98, 2nd - '00, 3rd - '02...its now '05.lol. they've broke the 2 year trend. guy's are late! but im jus sayin this cos ive slept on em for 2 years and now i think they are the shit!!! so i want a new J5 album....PLEASE!!!!!! p.s. think i seen something on they site about one?!

Funk_Dock
10-09-2005, 02:25 PM
havent heard of a new album, but i knew the whole crew were out doin there solo shit, like zaakir was actin and ya know chali2na released his solo album so i guess theyre overdue for a new album

hellbound
10-09-2005, 03:06 PM
a new album would be dope. but i aint heard nothing about it

oldie
10-09-2005, 03:07 PM
yeah, no news on a new album, i got confused (again)...just this tour thing, buts not just J5 :(

http://www.jurassic5.com/news.html

i keep sayin im gunna buy "Fish Market mixtape" next but i dont, i got "The Chronic", "Doggystyle" & "Quality Control" then last time i got " Power In Numbers"....so i bought a few BUT "Fish Market mixtape"

incase ya hadn't got it yet Chali 2Na is my fav member. and i only got the group albums so far. need to find out what they done solo aparrt from Chali 2Na....i know Cut Chemist has something out, i seen it before.

its just something about J5 that they got, just something about them that im stuck too, they make really nice hip-hop - thats about the only way i can put it. really nice hip-hop!!

Funk_Dock
10-09-2005, 04:25 PM
they have an old-school style thats why i like em, and u never hear a wack beat thx to nu marc and cut chemist

oldie which is your favourite album?? So far ive listened to power in numbers longest so imma go with that

deadlymelody
10-09-2005, 04:40 PM
I got to make sure I get Charlie 2na's solo. He is one of the best ive heard.

oldie
10-10-2005, 02:55 PM
I got to make sure I get Charlie 2na's solo. He is one of the best ive heard.
same here, ive heard its real good too! i hate it when people say things like that though cos if it dissapoints, it dissapoints big style. but this guy is RAW!!!

oldie
10-10-2005, 03:05 PM
they have an old-school style thats why i like em, and u never hear a wack beat thx to nu marc and cut chemist

oldie which is your favourite album?? So far ive listened to power in numbers longest so imma go with that
TRU TRU, i aint heard ONE wack beat by em in the three J5 albums. well not even a beat thats not even "as good", it seem as if they dont do wack and they dont do "as good" all their beats are just on point. im not sure if they break beats??? what is a break beat?? - define it for me please. cos ppl say oh Run D.M.C - break beats, spare beats!! but Run D.M.C are legends IMO so leave it at that.

here goes:
1.Jurassic 5 LP (almost a classic, best album ive heard in a while)

2.Power In Numbers - J5 make it sound ill to feature Nelly Furtardo on a song!!! if you know what im sayin. she has a nice voice ive noticed by that track. PLUS i didnt think many emcee's/Producers could do shit with/for J5 cos they style is jus so different and one of a kind its like...damn can't even describe it or think of an emcee that would fit they style. but they proved me wrong. makin it sound as if this is my fav of they albums. its hot no doubt.

3.Quality Control - just 'not as good' lol sorry, its not as defining they sound - the emcee's - see if i can name off the top.lol. Chali 2na, Zakir (soup), ...nope....mark seven & Akil just aint as raw on this album IMO. still a nice album tho.

J5 are the shit!!!!!!! apart from my #1 The Wu...i think ima go ahead and declare these as my 2nd fav group ever. Gang Starr & 7L & Esoteric r joint 3rd i think.

scottishhaze
10-10-2005, 03:06 PM
Its coming! I saw them in Glasgow recently and they played some stuff of their new album, shit was pretty dope. It should be out soon - unsure when, i think 2na has a solo album coming out to - J5 prefer bringing their shit live than firing out albums all the time - they sure know how to put on a show

The Watcher
10-10-2005, 04:22 PM
here goes:
1.Jurassic 5 LP (almost a classic, best album ive heard in a while)

2.Power In Numbers - J5 make it sound ill to feature Nelly Furtardo on a song!!! if you know what im sayin. she has a nice voice ive noticed by that track. PLUS i didnt think many emcee's/Producers could do shit with/for J5 cos they style is jus so different and one of a kind its like...damn can't even describe it or think of an emcee that would fit they style. but they proved me wrong. makin it sound as if this is my fav of they albums. its hot no doubt.

3.Quality Control - just 'not as good' lol sorry, its not as defining they sound - the emcee's - see if i can name off the top.lol. Chali 2na, Zakir (soup), ...nope....mark seven & Akil just aint as raw on this album IMO. still a nice album tho.

Since everyone is entitle to their opinions, I can't shit on what you have to say, but...

The first non-single release was "EP," which was CLASSIC. "LP" was simply an extended version of "EP," was very limited in release, and just added two tracks that were really nothing new and then "Improvise," which turned up on the "Quality Control" album.

Speaking of, "Qiuality Control" is the first full album and absolutely did define Jurassic 5. The emcee interaction and cohesion between the entire group on this album is PHENOMENAL!

Most J5 fans felt that "Power in Numbers" suffered a bit because it strayed in some ways from the sound that J5 perfected on "Quality Control." However, I feel that it didn't stray at all even though it was different...as a matter of fact, I feel that "Quality Control" addressed one half of of J5's subject matter, while "Power in Numbers" was like the second half of an epic, double album. There was a different sound, but it completed J5's vision.

J5 emcees are smart and politics have been a part of their vision from day one, so "Power" should not have come as such a surprise to some fans. All of their releases have been terrific...I just never thought I'd read somebody saying that "Quality Control" was their worst work, especially for the reasons cited.

oldie
10-11-2005, 08:59 AM
^^thats respect for a start man. thanks. i'll drop more thoughts later, but "Quality Control" is maybe defning given the time it came out, what was the state of J5/Hip-Hop then?? i only just got into em like 3 months ago! but ive knows of em for a few years but slept on them unfortunatley.

ima take what you said and think on it and drop more thoughts l8a.

The Watcher
10-11-2005, 12:21 PM
^^thats respect for a start man. thanks. i'll drop more thoughts later, but "Quality Control" is maybe defning given the time it came out, what was the state of J5/Hip-Hop then?? i only just got into em like 3 months ago! but ive knows of em for a few years but slept on them unfortunatley.

ima take what you said and think on it and drop more thoughts l8a.
No doubt, I hear you. Quality Control dropped in 2000. If you dig deep into J5's music, listen to the EP and some of their non-album tracks and cameos from 2000 and earlier, you'll find that Quality Control is exactly what it should have been.

I respect your opinion though, 100% Peace!!!

oldie
10-11-2005, 03:47 PM
No doubt, I hear you. Quality Control dropped in 2000. If you dig deep into J5's music, listen to the EP and some of their non-album tracks and cameos from 2000 and earlier, you'll find that Quality Control is exactly what it should have been.

I respect your opinion though, 100% Peace!!!
cool cool, but how do you mean, like singles, LP's or Vinyl's?? cos how do i get they non album stuff, mixtapes??

im kinda..not confused but its gunna take some deep thoughts. i listened to Power In Numbers on my way to college this morning and Quality Control on my way home. i still prefer Power In Numbers but Quality Control is better than i made it out to be.

i just can't really comment on Quality Control too much, its like most of these so called "Classic" albums, i got a few but i dont think they classics, a certain degree of it being "Classic" depends on the time it came out, like Enter the 36 Chambers, thats the only album i think is a classic and i got it 3 years ago, but when that came out it was like, "woah!! whats this new mad grimey form of hip-hop with a kung-fu theme im hearin" like nothing else at the time.

so Quality Control might not have been like anything else in 200, i been into hip-hop for 5 years, but i only really got into it with the wu and the underground like 2/3 years ago. so, i know 2000 wasnt like mad time ago like hip-hop in its pioneering stages and anything new was something unprecidented - maybe J5 was at the time?? i unno!!

nah mean, so, im open to whatever you gotta tell me about J5, educate me.

peace m8