PDA

View Full Version : new KRS album??!!

oldie
10-09-2005, 11:52 AM
well its not a question, its a fact: http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=220;1;7;-1&sku=420768

Solid Flame
10-09-2005, 12:03 PM
Actually itīs not a new album. Iīve bought it some months ago. It contains some material thatīs in fact several years old (f.e. the nelly dis....) Itīs not bad , but only buy it if youīre really into KRSīs music...

oldie
10-09-2005, 12:25 PM
^^aah right, thnx 4 tha headz up, ive only got "Keep Right"...and i waited nearly a year for HMV to get it for me!!

faderlaceratah
10-09-2005, 12:30 PM
^^aah right, thnx 4 tha headz up, ive only got "Keep Right"...and i waited nearly a year for HMV to get it for me!!
Get Return of the Boom Bap and I Got Next, they're dope

Solid Flame
10-09-2005, 12:36 PM
Yeah.. and get those BDP albums . Criminal Minded, By all means necessary , Sex and Violence, Blueprint , Edutainment..... Get them ALL! Real Hiphop!

Khaled
10-09-2005, 12:43 PM
KRS is a great MC,Return of the boom bap,dope album.

oldie
10-09-2005, 12:48 PM
i dont even know anything about BDP, i jus know KRS reps em. who's in BDP?? what's it stand for??? did KRS start it???

Solid Flame
10-09-2005, 01:20 PM
BDP means Boogie Down Productions. Theyīre from the Bronx. KRS started it around 1985/86 with his DJ Scott La Rock. They recorded their 1st album (Criminal Minded) together. Briefly before their 2nd album was released Scott got shot while he wanted to settle a beef. KRS went on with the crew but the members changed quite often. Among the members were f.e. Just Ice, D-Nice , I.C.U. Ms. Melodie and later peolple like Mad Lion or Chanel Live(?) . I think the crew still exists but I donīt know which people are down... All BDP albums are classic to me. And everyone whoīs Hiphop should at least check them out....

dooboy
10-09-2005, 03:20 PM
get all of his albums they are all classic

make sure you get his self titled, its got production from premier and also has das-efx, busta and others

oldie
10-10-2005, 01:50 PM
you know what, im not jus sayin this to make look like i know evrythin but, now you told me i remember what BDP stood for, that i already knew it. cos i got a poster of all these hip-hop artists drawn by this guy, Paul Stone i think his name is, its got 50, pac, ice cube, chuck d, kool keith, b.i.g, eminem, and a load others, theres about 3 who i dont know who they r. anyway KRS is on it too & his cap what he's wearin says BDP, n when i got it about 3 months ago, i thought WTF's BDP, must be his crew or sumat cos it aint no make. then i seen Boogie Down Production albums in HMV...then it clicked!.lol.

anyway, to get all of KRS's album would take a long time, cos they aint on the cheap - like 6 or 7 quid, they like 15 quid a go, and hasnt he got like 13 albums out now, 14th will be this Prophets Vs Prophets. am i right??

ive heard the name Boogie Down Production dropped & good albums in the same sentence before.
ive heard of DJ Scott La Rock, too. so is he still alive?? i know u said he got shot, but ya know how it goes, some of the wu been shot, g-unit minus yayo have been shot. etc.

if not R.I.P Scott La Rock, cos i swear i read he knew DJ Kool Herc and was a pioneer in Hip-Hop?? same as Kool Herc.

say does Kool Herc have albums out??

oldie
10-10-2005, 01:51 PM
soo many people sayin, deffinitley get this KRS album, oh make sure u pick up that KRS album. confusin me man!!!! ya all need to agree on say one, possibly two definitive KRS albums to start me off, well i say start me off...i got Keep Right.

dooboy
10-10-2005, 02:03 PM
ain't heard nobody mention this site but whenever i hear about an artist/group i don't know about i go to rhymestate.com cos it has the full discographies of every damn rapper ever!!!

anyway go to that site and get all his albums starting from criminal minded through to keep right. ul see how many different styles he got

got to 101cd.com cos u can get most of his albums for about 5.99

Wu-Tang 9
10-10-2005, 02:35 PM
Fuck Yes...KRS-One is my fav of all time

Wu-Tang 9
10-10-2005, 02:36 PM
dude a couple of those songs are from The Mix Tape

bringoutthegimp
10-10-2005, 02:58 PM
cos they aint on the cheap - like 6 or 7 quid, they like 15 quid a go you kidding me? go on amazon.co.uk used and new and get them for 5Ģ a pop, also MAKE SURE you get criminal minded