PDA

View Full Version : The Stuff I Read About Michael Jackson's Brothers Is So Sad

CharlesJones
07-17-2010, 12:46 PM
I have a tribute magazine about Michael Jackson that i bought when he died and there's a article in there about how bad Michael's brothers are doing financially since they stopped doing music. It was so sad to read that a few of his brothers are living with their mom. Marlon is working at a grocery store stocking shelves. Randy is doing odd jobs and fixing cars. Jermaine isn't working and Jackie is managing his son who's a rapper LOL. Tito manages a few jazz and blues artists and he isn't making that much money doing that. How can this be when these dudes used to have one of the most popular r&b groups of all time? The Jackson 5 are known all over the world and not because of them of course but because of Michael LOL. How come these guys don't have a retirement check? They should be able to enjoy retirement instead of having jobs. How come old music artists don't get retirement checks? They should be getting that just like other people who retire from working jobs. That's not right that the music industry isn't giving old music artists retirement checks. I wonder how old music artists take care of themselves financially. I guess that's why some old artists are still doing concerts because they aren't getting money from anywhere else.

Mr. X
07-17-2010, 04:36 PM
Because they didn't put any money up in a 401K when they were making it (parents probably got the checks anyway).

Happens to old athletes too. They didn't invest money to have it grow or put away for when they got old.

CharlesJones
07-23-2010, 12:44 PM
Very true what you said.

cutn' heads
07-23-2010, 01:22 PM
fuck a union...

CharlesJones
07-23-2010, 01:38 PM
Why you say that? The reason why jobs have unions is because jobs try to take advantage of employees by not paying them a higher salary and not giving them medical and dental insurance.

check two
07-23-2010, 01:54 PM
If you make millions of dollars and you waste it all on cars, houses, bad business deals, etc, it's your own damn fault. A lot of these celebrities would be set for life easily if they weren't so stupid.

CharlesJones
07-23-2010, 01:57 PM
Your absolutely right. Michael's brothers have themselves to blame for their financial situation. Michael was also in financial trouble before he died. That's a damn shame.

check two
07-23-2010, 02:24 PM
Well then why should people making millions of dollars get a retirement fund? If they are educated and not foolish, they would easily be set for life without needing that fund.

CharlesJones
07-24-2010, 09:50 AM
You're right but you also have to figure that the money doesn't last forever and they can't live off of it. Just think about this. The money that singers and athletes were making in the 60's, 70's, 80's isn't that much compared to what singers and athletes are making right now financially. So that's why when i hear about athletes and singers from back in the day that are having money problems now, i can understand why because you can't live off of that money. Even if you save a lot of money, you still can't live off of it because rent for housing increases every year, car prices and car insurance prices increases every year, car repairs are expensive, food prices increases every year, clothes prices increases every year. So there's a lot of things you have to consider when you're talking about living expenses. I still believe that old singers and old athletes should be getting a retirement check because the record companies and NBA, MLB, NFL makes a lot of money off entertainers and the entertainers don't get half as much as they should get.

check two
07-24-2010, 12:25 PM
Can't some of the people get another job though when they retire from sports? Since in most sports, the person usually stops playing a lot earlier than a normal worker would retire. And don't a lot of entertainers from a while back continue to keep entertaining even when they're older? So they are still bringing in some money. I can see your point concerning some celebrities, but definitely not with ones like Michael Jackson that have made tons and tons of money over the years. He easily made enough to last about 20 lifetimes. It was his fault he squandered it all.

CharlesJones
07-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Well you're right that former pro athletes can get a job when they retire like being a sports announcer or working for a sports team whether it's coaching or having a office job for the team. Lots of former pro athletes have done this after their careers were over. Magic Johnson is different than most pro athletes because he got involved in owning some businesses and putting them in the black community which means he created jobs for blacks and that's a awesome thing to do because you know there's so many blacks outta work. His movie theater got closed in Cleveland but he still has one in Largo, Maryland. I used to go to his movie theater in Cleveland and it was nice. He had a lot of black movie posters in the theatre from back in the day like Action Jackson, A Rage In Harlem, New Jack City, Boyz N The Hood, Poetic Justice, Beverly Hills Cop, Mo Money. Singers that are old can still perform and make money. Some of them are still making albums like Charlie Wilson of The Gap Band, Prince, Earth Wind And Fire, The Isley Brothers. You're right about Michael Jackson. He made a lot of money and there's no way he should've been broke when he died.

BLACK BART SIMPSON
07-24-2010, 07:06 PM
If you make millions of dollars and you waste it all on cars, houses, bad business deals, etc, it's your own damn fault. A lot of these celebrities would be set for life easily if they weren't so stupid.

c/s i have no sympathy...

Pattch82
07-26-2010, 05:02 AM
I don't know about older sports stars, but the older musicians, when they start to run low on cash usually just hit the road and start touring. Personally, I've been to see Brian Wilson, Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, the Beach Boys, Crosby, Stills & Nash, Ray Davies and lots of other 60's/70's artists and the majority of the time, the concerts are sold out too so they should still be making a pretty good living.

I'm sure if the Jackson 5 started touring again they'd make some dough, obviously not the same kinda amount they could've charged if Michael was there too, but I'm pretty sure they'd make more money from touring than they would doing odd jobs, etc.

Peace!

CharlesJones
07-31-2010, 11:43 AM
Well Michael Jackson's brothers were gonna do a Jackson 5 tour before Michael died because they talked about it with him and he agreed to it. That would've been nice to see if he was still here. I saw The Jacksons reality show a few months ago on VH1 and it sucked. It got cancelled quick LOL. They were talking about they were gonna go ahead and do the tour without Michael and i was like what hahahahahahahahahaha. Who would go see them in concert without Michael? LOL. They were also talking about doing a new album without Michael LOL. Some of the new songs i heard that they were working on in the studio when i saw their reality show sucked. Marlon and Jackie walked outta the studio at one point because they got in a argument with Jermaine because he was trying to tell them how they should sing LOL.

check two
07-31-2010, 11:46 AM
I thought that reality show was on A&E. Anyway, I heard that the channel wanted them to do a second season, but they didn't want to. So I don't think it was canceled quick.

CharlesJones
07-31-2010, 11:52 AM
Oh my bad, it was on A&E channel. The network wanted them to do a 2nd season? Why? LOL. I didn't think it lasted a full season LOL.