PDA

View Full Version : The Town - Ben Affleck, Jeremy Renner, Slaine

DirtMcgehrk
07-17-2010, 10:22 PM
Anybody checking for this? I saw a trailer for it when I went to Inception last night and it looks like it could be good. I thought Affleck hit it out of the park with Gone Baby Gone as a director, and I'm really digging the whole Boston crime drama thing he's got going. It also stars Jeremy Renner from The Hurt Locker and Slaine of all people (who also was in Gone Baby Gone). Check the trailer, looks dope. Slaine 53 seconds in.

QQ7wcayQQLQ

TheBoarzHeadBoy
07-18-2010, 12:08 AM
I'm more exited about Jon Hamm then anyone else. I pretty much try to live my life like the Donald Draper character would. He's a refined upper class man who still thinks with his penis and I respect that like hell.

DirtMcgehrk
07-18-2010, 12:31 AM
Yeah man Madmen is awesome. Basically.....the cast for this movie rocks.

main_man
07-18-2010, 01:51 PM
looks like my type of flick. good shit.

CharlesJones
08-14-2010, 12:58 PM
I recently saw previews for The Town and it looks good. I'm gonna check it out. It comes out September 17th. Ben Affleck can do good action flicks. He hasn't done that many of them but i liked him in Reindeer Games with Charlize Theron, Gary Sinise, Clarence Williams III. I know he was happy to have some love scenes with Charlize hahahahahahahahaha. Another good Boston crime flick is What Doesn't Kill You with Ethan Hawke, Mark Ruffalo, Amanda Peet. It's a straight to video flick but it's really good. Ethan is a good actor and i was very disappointed in his straight to video crime flick Staten Island with Vincent D'Onoforio who played on Law And Order:Criminal Intent tv show. It was very boring and no action at all.

Mcthuggin99
08-14-2010, 01:54 PM
Ben Affleck is the Director too right?

this movie looks real good. imma have to check this out. i saw the trailer online a while ago but i forgot about it, then i saw it again when i went to see Inception and that's when i got excited to see this movie

CharlesJones
08-14-2010, 03:10 PM
I don't know if Ben Affleck is the director. He did a good job directing Gone Baby Gone with his brother Casey, Morgan Freeman, Michelle Monaghan(this girl is hot).

Mcthuggin99
08-14-2010, 06:24 PM
just checked IMDB and it says he is the director

DirtMcgehrk
08-14-2010, 07:48 PM
Yeah he's the director. Slaine was in Gone Baby Gone as well. I wonder if they grew up together or what?

Mcthuggin99
08-14-2010, 11:06 PM
maybe Affleck is a fan

DirtMcgehrk
09-17-2010, 03:30 PM
Going to see it either tonight or tomorrow. It's got a 92% on Rotten Tomatoes. Most people say it's as good if not better than Gone Baby Gone. I'M HYPED!

Mcthuggin99
09-17-2010, 03:46 PM
word, imma see it sometime this weekend, if not, the next. this looks like a mix of Heat, The Departed, and Point Break

CharlesJones
09-18-2010, 03:32 PM
I'm gonna see it next weekend. Ben Affleck is lucky to have 2 hot women play his girlfriends in this who are Rebecca Hall and Blake Lively.

beautifulrock
09-18-2010, 03:41 PM
Michelle Monaghan(this girl is hot).

http://blog.mrskin.com/data/features/126/monaghan-kiss-1.jpg

bit of a pig nose, but she's still pretty hot.

CharlesJones
09-18-2010, 03:44 PM
Michelle is hot. I like her.

beautifulrock
09-18-2010, 03:47 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20100917/capt.4e3eaed985ab4862a44df0e3406c6d78-4e3eaed985ab4862a44df0e3406c6d78-0.jpg?x=101&y=130&q=85&sig=LxtZkQE9dpt8Pt6GewT47A--

CharlesJones
09-18-2010, 03:54 PM
Those are nice pictures of Lindsay Lohan in your sig. I think she's cute but she got too many freckles on her body. She got a nice body. I got a picture of her on my bedroom wall sitting in a chair with her legs crossed.

oDoUoSoKo
09-18-2010, 07:04 PM

soo..ya, eloels..this movie was great..well directed and performed as far as affleck and the dude from hurt locker are concerned.

TheBoarzHeadBoy
09-19-2010, 12:31 AM
Michelle Monaghan(this girl is hot).

http://blog.mrskin.com/data/features/126/monaghan-kiss-1.jpg

bit of a pig nose, but she's still pretty hot.

How does she have a pig nose?

CharlesJones
09-20-2010, 12:09 PM
I see The Town made $23.5 million it's first week. It was #1 at the box office.

EAGLE EYE
09-29-2010, 11:06 PM
I saw it and thought it was great. Rate it 4 out of 5 for an action movie.

Most action movies suck now a days, but this was done exceptionally well for a bank robbery movie. I thought prior that it was gonna blow and come off with cheesy attempts to capture Boston accents, yet the accents were on point. I used to live only a couple hours from Boston and the director did a good job at capturing the miserable, bitter, overcast weather and coldness with the proper lens/filters.

Movie also had a few funny moments when you least expected it. Definitely one of Affleck's better movies in the recent years. You gotta see it in the theater or else the AR-15 gun shots won't vibrate your chest with a home theater.

main_man
09-30-2010, 12:52 AM
saw this and its a really good flick.
it isnt heat or anything, but affleck did a great job with the shootouts in this movie.

when one certain character gets shot up, it looked pretty damn realistic.

ben's got 2 pretty good crime flicks under his belt now. curious to see what he directs next.

LONDON!
09-30-2010, 01:36 AM
Anybody checking for this? I saw a trailer for it when I went to Inception last night and it looks like it could be good. I thought Affleck hit it out of the park with Gone Baby Gone as a director, and I'm really digging the whole Boston crime drama thing he's got going. It also stars Jeremy Renner from The Hurt Locker and Slaine of all people (who also was in Gone Baby Gone). Check the trailer, looks dope. Slaine 53 seconds in.

QQ7wcayQQLQ

yeah i'm gonna cop this on pirate(bootleg) on friday, see what this shit is about, yes surr

RADIOACTIVE MAN
09-30-2010, 08:57 AM
great reviews im reading here,seems i might have to see it this weekend

Dr. Simon Hurt
09-30-2010, 10:00 AM
^i was thinking the same shit; it looked generic and uninteresting to me, but i'm blown away by all the acclaim it's been getting. everyone i know that's seen it has enjoyed it.

whitey
09-30-2010, 11:27 AM
good movie.

one pretty major glaring plot hole towards the end tho, but i didnt ruin it for me or anything still cool to watch. its only a movie ya know, take it for what it is.

IrOnMaN
09-30-2010, 12:16 PM
I'll see it this Saturday.

CharlesJones
10-02-2010, 11:58 AM
I saw it last weekend and i liked it. I fell asleep on some of it but i'm gonna watch it again when it comes to video. Who are those 2 hot girls Blake Lively and Rebecca Hall that were Ben's girlfriends? I've never seen them before. Rebecca looks kinda familiar.

Rame
02-09-2011, 06:21 PM
* SPOILERS. I think they made a mistake in the Extended Cut. She asks him were his parents live on 2 different occasions.

I thought it was lame that he started doing drugs like a cry-baby when things went downhill. Weak scene.
Great flick though, I expected more romance because of the trailer so I was glad to see the outcome.

Seeing this makes me want to see Gone Baby Gone. Didn't know he was a director too.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
02-09-2011, 07:24 PM
I fucking enjoyed this flick to the max,great stuff

Mcthuggin99
02-09-2011, 07:45 PM
* SPOILERS. I think they made a mistake in the Extended Cut. She asks him were his parents live on 2 different occasions.

I thought it was lame that he started doing drugs like a cry-baby when things went downhill. Weak scene.
Great flick though, I expected more romance because of the trailer so I was glad to see the outcome.

Seeing this makes me want to see Gone Baby Gone. Didn't know he was a director too.
Gone Baby Gone was dope too. and i noticed that mistake about his parents

Tecknowledgist
02-09-2011, 08:24 PM
movie was fuckin awesome

You can tell Slaine grew up in Boston, he has that legitimate Boston accent lol "THAT'S HOW YA DRIVE A FUCKIN CAAAH!!!"

i love that fergy guy, most badass florist i've ever seen

from the official soundtrack

kIJ88VWlo3c

been puttin all my friends onto slaine like "this is the bank robber that crashes the ambulance in the town!" lol

Rame
02-10-2011, 01:32 PM
^ Pete Postlethwaite (''fergie'') recently died, I think he had cancer.

Sky Blue Bally Kid
02-10-2011, 04:34 PM
Ill flick, one thing I didn't get though was near the end ***Spoiler*** how did the cops know they were at the stadium? Surely all the cops got from Affleck's ex was that there was a job going down. I didn't think she knew about the location?

whitey
02-10-2011, 05:01 PM
ya there are some defiantly plot holes in this movie. i have to rewatch it to remember exactly what they were. however overall i found it pretty dope.