PDA

View Full Version : North Korea threatens 'nuclear war' over troop exercises

Jammin
07-24-2010, 10:22 AM
* News
* World news
* North Korea

North Korea threatens 'nuclear war' over troop exercises

Pyongyang ramps up the tension over this weekend's joint US-South Korean wargames in the Sea of Japan

* Reddit
* Buzz up
* Share on facebook (107)
* Tweet this (94)

* David Batty and Justin McCurry
* guardian.co.uk, Saturday 24 July 2010 10.55 BST
* Article history

The US nuclear-powered aircraft carrier USS George Washington at Busan South Koreans take a look at the US nuclear-powered aircraft carrier USS George Washington at Busan. the ship is about to take part in large-scale military exercises in the Sea of Japan Photograph: Lee Jin-Man/AP

North Korea has threatened to use its "nuclear deterrent" in response to planned military exercises by the US and South Korea this weekend.

The regime promised a "retaliatory sacred war" amid increased tensions on the Korean peninsula over the March sinking of a South Korean navy vessel, which Seoul and Washington blame on Pyongyang.

North Korea's National Defence Commission (NDC), headed by leader Kim Jong-il, issued the threat today for what it called a second "unpardonable" provocation for again being blamed for the incident in which 46 sailors died.

"The army and people of the [North] will legitimately counter with their powerful nuclear deterrence the largest-ever nuclear war exercises," the commission said in a statement run on the state-run Korean Central News Agency.

Pyongyang routinely threatens war when its southern neighbour and the US hold joint military exercises. South Korea's defence ministry said no unusual North Korean military movements were detected.

Operation Invincible Spirit, which begins tomorrow, will involve 8,000 US and South Korean troops, 200 aircraft and 20 ships, including the nuclear-powered aircraft carrier the USS George Washington.

"The more desperately the US imperialists brandish their nukes and the more zealously their lackeys follow them, the more rapidly the [North's] nuclear deterrence will be bolstered up along the orbit of self-defence and the more remote the prospect for the denuclearisation of the Korean peninsula will be become," the NDC statement said.

Yesterday, a North Korea spokesman, Ri Tong-il, told reporters at the Asean regional security forum in Hanoi, Vietnam, there would be a "physical response" to the drills in the Sea of Japan, which he branded another sign of US "hostility".

"It is a threat to the Korean peninsula and the region of Asia as a whole," he said, adding that the exercises harked back to 19th-century gunboat diplomacy and violated North Korea's sovereignty.

The meeting of regional powers in Hanoi has quickly become the stage for a war of words between the North and the US, although there has been no direct contact between the countries' delegates.

The US secretary of state, Hillary Clinton, said "isolated and belligerent" North Korea would have to end its "campaign of provocative, dangerous behaviour" if it wanted better relations with the US and the rest of Asia.

North Korea has pulled out of six-party talks on its nuclear programme and is blamed for the March sinking of South Korean navy vessel the Cheonan. It denies carrying out the attack.

On Wednesday, Clinton unveiled new sanctions designed to deny luxury goods to the North Korean elite and strangle funding for Pyongyang's nuclear programme. The North says it will not return to nuclear talks unless sanctions are lifted.

Yesterday, Clinton urged Asian nations to pressure North Korea into abandoning its nuclear ambitions by enforcing strict UN sanctions imposed after the regime's second nuclear test last year.

A South Korean newspaper said the new US sanctions would target 200 North Korean-held foreign bank accounts thought to be connected with illegal activities such as nuclear weapons development, drug trafficking and counterfeiting.

"Even before the Cheonan incident, the US was tracking around 200 North Korean bank accounts in banks in China, Russia and even eastern Europe and Africa that are believed to be involved in the development of weapons of mass destruction and the export of drugs, counterfeit money, fake cigarettes and weapons," the Chosun Ilbo newspaper quoted a diplomatic source as saying.

The paper said Kim Jong-il is believed to hold a US$4bn slush fund in secret accounts in Switzerland, Luxembourg and Liechtenstein.

North Korea also rejected Seoul's demand for an apology over the sinking.

check two
07-24-2010, 01:17 PM
They won't start a war. There would be nothing left of their sorry ass country.

INF
07-24-2010, 01:50 PM
yeah , it's not gonna happen. threats are just that - threats.

Anybody - "im gonna .... I'm gonnna ...."

USA - "you aiiiiint gonna do sheeeeeit"

TheBoarzHeadBoy
07-24-2010, 04:57 PM
I wish we had a Republican in right now. Fuck Baghdad I want to see some Bombs over Pyongyang shit.

http://www.inewscatcher.com/timages/72cef30d0c7a4f72598492ea93499e0e.jpg

Y'all Chinks Can Eat Shit And Die!

ol dirty abbot
07-24-2010, 05:09 PM
yeah , it's not gonna happen. threats are just that - threats.

Anybody - "im gonna .... I'm gonnna ...."

USA - "you aiiiiint gonna do sheeeeeit"

LOL! oh shit

Prince Rai
07-24-2010, 05:49 PM
N.K. talk a lot.

Paranoid
07-25-2010, 09:52 AM
war is very serious and it saddens me

TheBoarzHeadBoy
07-25-2010, 10:43 AM
War is not serious and it pleases me.

I would sleep better knowing those bastards are dead so that the South Koreans can have their country back. Fucking Communist scum trying to bait us into nuclear war. There's no benefit to anyone to leave that regime in place. They're threatening nuclear war on the regular, they're not making shit so they aren't anybody's trade partner. They've got a lot of guns and not a lot to eat. But we can't do hearts and minds because they've as brainwashed as Nazi Germany. So kill them all until they figure out how to surrender. Total War is the best policy. Otherwise we'll just get our guys shot up.

No one will back North Korea. They might bitch as US backed Japan rearms and relives their "Rape" of Nanking glory days... We all know it was just surprise sex China didn't know they wanted. Shit will get hot, we'll probably use a few tactical nukes to take out their own nukes but fuck we're America. You do it once, do it again. Everybody's a pussy who doesn't think Nukes can be used. They're just big bombs that kill people deader then shit. Which is what bombs are supposed to do. So I don't see the "ethical dilemma". Whether it's a bomb of high explosives, fragmentations, napalm, phosphorous, or plutonium, you're fucking dead. Nukes kill you instantly with the heat of the sun, that seems painless. Sure the fringe guys get irradiated but think of all the people who only lose a limb or get burned by a regular bomb only to die months later of complications.

INF
07-25-2010, 12:46 PM
I'm glad we have war because I like air conditioning and my many other freedoms.I like riding the highways an shit. I like internet.

If you don't like war then you don't like the internet and if you don't like that internet then you need to log off.

and yes , by liking the internet you also like killing babies. so get over it.

ITS A MAD WORLD

Undiluted Karma
07-25-2010, 12:53 PM
War is not serious and it pleases me.

I would sleep better knowing those bastards are dead so that the South Koreans can have their country back. Fucking Communist scum trying to bait us into nuclear war. There's no benefit to anyone to leave that regime in place. They're threatening nuclear war on the regular, they're not making shit so they aren't anybody's trade partner. They've got a lot of guns and not a lot to eat. But we can't do hearts and minds because they've as brainwashed as Nazi Germany. So kill them all until they figure out how to surrender. Total War is the best policy. Otherwise we'll just get our guys shot up.

No one will back North Korea. They might bitch as US backed Japan rearms and relives their "Rape" of Nanking glory days... We all know it was just surprise sex China didn't know they wanted. Shit will get hot, we'll probably use a few tactical nukes to take out their own nukes but fuck we're America. You do it once, do it again. Everybody's a pussy who doesn't think Nukes can be used. They're just big bombs that kill people deader then shit. Which is what bombs are supposed to do. So I don't see the "ethical dilemma". Whether it's a bomb of high explosives, fragmentations, napalm, phosphorous, or plutonium, you're fucking dead. Nukes kill you instantly with the heat of the sun, that seems painless. Sure the fringe guys get irradiated but think of all the people who only lose a limb or get burned by a regular bomb only to die months later of complications.

Lmao at suggesting nukes fuck that shit, war is evil but sometimes necessary.
Nukes however should be out of the question, that shit affects people generations after the shit has been dropped.
9/11 was karma biting America in the arse for dropping a nuke on Hiroshima/Nagasaki. I don't justify either actions because both were evil, I'm just a strong beleiver in karma.

Dropping a nuke on DRK wont save South Korea, perhaps in the short term. Embittered North Koreans would attack South Korea, South Koreans, many of whom have family in the DRK, some of them would take up arms. Civil war would be rife.

That american arrogance so rife(not all americans) is what helps to paint so many peopels impressions of the USA.

USA is bogged down in Iraq spending $5 mill a day on a faux war, while your defecit is colossal and China has America by the balls owing to the fact America owes them ALOT of money, and the American government wont do shit regarding China, and nothing drastic regarding the DRK owing to their meaningful relations with China.

The worse thing of it is is that multiple dumass warhawk politicans are too stupid to know what financially is at stake with the Iraq war.

100pr00f
07-25-2010, 12:56 PM
this war needs to start soon ..so we dont have to hear about nk anymore ...let them fire nukes ......sad thing is the shit wont make it out of nk ..and they will be nukeing them selves ...let their be one Korea ....that should be on shirts

INF
07-25-2010, 01:00 PM
yeah I don't know how they are not smart enough to know we would cancel that nuke from space and QUICK.

we got the BEST satellites up in space. Watch the moon put everybody to sleep.

Undiluted Karma
07-25-2010, 01:08 PM
DRK wouldnt dare launch nukes anyway.They know China wont save their asses.

Kim Jong Il is quite ill or was apparently right? I read there was some sorta trouble or something with deciding who would be appointed as head in Kimmys absence. You never know maybe his son will be different.

On a side note

Brazil
Russia
India
China

BRIC will be the name on everybodys lips v. soon,America is lucky to have India as a close ally. We kept Pakistan in check, we have dealt with Islamist extremist terrorism for a long time, longer than America, they appreciate that.

check two
07-25-2010, 07:48 PM
Short Kim Jong is like the Bobcat Golwait of the world.

Paranoid
07-25-2010, 08:52 PM
war is very serious and it saddens me

TheBoarzHeadBoy
07-25-2010, 08:59 PM
Lmao at suggesting nukes fuck that shit, war is evil but sometimes necessary.
Nukes however should be out of the question, that shit affects people generations after the shit has been dropped.
9/11 was karma biting America in the arse for dropping a nuke on Hiroshima/Nagasaki. I don't justify either actions because both were evil, I'm just a strong beleiver in karma.

Dropping a nuke on DRK wont save South Korea, perhaps in the short term. Embittered North Koreans would attack South Korea, South Koreans, many of whom have family in the DRK, some of them would take up arms. Civil war would be rife.

That american arrogance so rife(not all americans) is what helps to paint so many peopels impressions of the USA.

USA is bogged down in Iraq spending $5 mill a day on a faux war, while your defecit is colossal and China has America by the balls owing to the fact America owes them ALOT of money, and the American government wont do shit regarding China, and nothing drastic regarding the DRK owing to their meaningful relations with China.

The worse thing of it is is that multiple dumass warhawk politicans are too stupid to know what financially is at stake with the Iraq war.

Yeah, I agree with all that. Realistically I think we should be isolationists unless aroused. I liken America to a dragon. Sleeping with one eye open to watch our loot, but if you try shit we burn your ass. Likewise Russia's a hibernating bear, you wake the bear and the bear fucking eats you.

However I find the World Police Idea to be more exciting. While most of the world has calmed down and only the fringe nations are still fucking around, the US is still that one eyed gunslinger on a three week whiskey bender who's "Frukkin Drunnk 'n shit" and has decided he isn't going to be paying for his drinks any more.

drippie k
07-27-2010, 06:42 PM
N. Korea aint gonna do shit, they're all talk man..they know their country would turn into an ashtray if they ever decided to do anything.

Undiluted Karma
07-27-2010, 06:48 PM
Right now I think, as per tactics this the usual for DRK, -talking shit.

Behind the scenes I think they are trying to reaffirm and consolidate their position with their only real known allies-PRC. It's their only substantial trade partner(to our knowledge)

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
07-27-2010, 07:20 PM
North Koreans are my least favorite species of Chinamen

cutn' heads
07-28-2010, 06:52 AM
this is a cool little doc...

http://www.vbs.tv/watch/the-vice-guide-to-travel/vice-guide-to-north-korea-1-of-3

LONDON!
07-28-2010, 07:21 AM
north korea just want aid from the US because they fell into the same trap as the USSR did during the last cold war, they spent more money on the military than on consumer goods and plus the collapse of communism worldwide, thats why there in the situation there in

but the us dosen't want to play ball because theirs no natural resources in north korea to rip off or steal so there blanking them

hopefully this dosen't lead to a nuclear confrontation, because the north korean goverment ain't playing, no they ain't, there serious

check two
07-28-2010, 12:39 PM
lol @ saying North Korea isn't playing. ha ha ha

LONDON!
07-28-2010, 01:42 PM
if your implying that north korea would not use there nukes(just like the fruitcakes running the us & israeli goverments) then i think your kinda naive on how president kim gets down, yes surr

p-rok73
07-28-2010, 02:03 PM
I don't think North Korea would want a full scale confrontation with the U.S./South Korea. Which is why they deny sinking the SK ship earlier this year. However I wouldn't be surprised if the SK Armed Forces have an "accident" in the near future. Nobody would win in a Korean war. The losses/damage would be too severe. Haiti is still in ruins, imagine reconstructing a war (possibly nuclear) torn country. Even if the NK regime were to fall today, it would take billions possibly trillions of dollars to get the NK people up to par with a modern country. Well at least the North Korean's made it to the World Cup.

Origin™
07-28-2010, 02:19 PM
N.K are all talk. simple as that.

beautifulrock
07-28-2010, 02:27 PM

If you think 9/11 was karma for Hiroshima and Nagasaki, I'd like to see the scale you use to measure weed. First of all, the number of lives and property lost is a tad bit out of proportion, not to mention 9-11 was masterminded by a US government think tank (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_for_the_New_American_Century)and was in no way masterminded by a bunch of Habibs living in caves. Get fucking real.

check two
07-28-2010, 02:47 PM
if your implying that north korea would not use there nukes(just like the fruitcakes running the us & israeli goverments) then i think your kinda naive on how president kim gets down, yes surr

I'm saying North Korea is a bumbling excuse for a country an doesn't have a chance to win anything.

TheBoarzHeadBoy
07-28-2010, 11:05 PM
I don't think North Korea would want a full scale confrontation with the U.S./South Korea. Which is why they deny sinking the SK ship earlier this year. However I wouldn't be surprised if the SK Armed Forces have an "accident" in the near future. Nobody would win in a Korean war. The losses/damage would be too severe. Haiti is still in ruins, imagine reconstructing a war (possibly nuclear) torn country. Even if the NK regime were to fall today, it would take billions possibly trillions of dollars to get the NK people up to par with a modern country. Well at least the North Korean's made it to the World Cup.

All we need to do is allow Japan to rearm. America doesn't need to get involved personally at all. Japan's changed philosophically, we don't need to worry about them going rogue nation, but we should at least let them put some government money and intelligence into building some Mecha. North Korea will shit their pants when a dozen Mobile Suits are in their base killing their dudes. Or at the very least some Sexy Fetish Android (technically Gynoid being female) Assassins...

http://www.nicewallpapers.info/pics/cartoons/ghost-in-the-shell/ghost-in-the-shell_000.jpg