PDA

View Full Version : Wyclef Jean steps toward Haitian presidential race

Undiluted Karma
07-30-2010, 04:37 AM
PORT-AU-PRINCE (Reuters) - Grammy-award winning singer Wyclef Jean said on Thursday that he has taken legal steps toward running for president in quake-devastated Haiti, but has not made a definite decision to run.

Jean, who said he is qualified to run for Haiti's highest office, was in Haiti to work with lawyers and have his fingerprints taken by the judicial police as part of the legal process of preparing to run for president.

"I basically come out to Haiti today because it was important that I do my fingerprints," Jean told Reuters as he left the Port-au-Prince international airport for the United States on Thursday.

"There are a lot of rumors that I am running for president. I have not declared that," said Jean, 37. "If we decide to move forward, I am pretty sure that we have all our paperwork straight."

Haiti, which was ravaged on January 12 by a deadly 7.0-magnitude earthquake, is scheduled to vote on November 28 to elect a new leader to replace President Rene Preval, whose term ends in February.

The deadline for candidates to register is August 7. Jean said he will take his decision with his wife Claudinette and their daughter Angelina.

"As a family, we must decide on what we're going to do because it is a big sacrifice," he said.

Sources close to the singer told Reuters Jean will officially announce his candidacy next week on CNN before flying back to Haiti to enter the race. When asked by Reuters about such plans, Jean did not confirm or deny the preparations.

Many analysts predict Jean -- who is very popular among Haitians, particularly the young -- would easily win the presidential election if his candidacy were approved.

Jean immigrated to the United States at the age of 9, but has maintained his Haitian citizenship, a prerequisite for running. He showed his Haitian passport to Reuters reporters as he was going through Haitian immigration on Thursday.

News of his possible candidacy has created panic among traditional politicians and power holders who have long planned to run. They fear Jean's popularity and financial resources would give him a campaign advantage they could not hope to match.

"I think if Wyclef is allowed to run he will have a straight victory," said political leader and former presidential candidate Himmler Rebu.

A three-time Grammy award-winner, Jean was a founding member of the hip-hop trio The Fugees and won wider fame for his collaboration with Colombian pop star Shakira. He released a song two years ago called "If I Was President."

Jean established the Yele Haiti Foundation in 2005 to provide humanitarian aid to the people of Haiti. He said after the January 12 earthquake that killed up to 300,000 people that Haiti's future rested on education, job creation and investment.

"So I would think with all my allies around the world that have loved my music, that have loved the message and the work we have done with Yele Haiti, they understand I can't just sing right now," he said.

"When I am looking back at my career, I've sung songs all my life and I've watched singers sing songs about certain changes that we want, we say, you know what, we're going to turn them into a reality," Jean said.

djskillz
07-30-2010, 09:57 AM
That'd be interesting.

TheBoarzHeadBoy
07-30-2010, 11:29 AM
Well he can't possibly fuck it up more. With no qualifications, I'd say he's qualified.

Teh KillaBee
07-30-2010, 02:22 PM
NW55FRXlPEs

drippie k
07-30-2010, 06:02 PM
dude that would be pretty intense..we'd know then for sure theres gonna be no more fugees...but if he can make things better for haiti then i'm all for it

LONDON!
07-31-2010, 07:27 PM
dude that would be pretty intense..we'd know then for sure theres gonna be no more fugees...but if he can make things better for haiti then i'm all for it

exactly, i'm was never really into that brother's music other than the fugees stuff, ours was more into the fact of what he does in the community, he's for the cause, he's for the hood, so i think he will do a good job in haiti, its a good look for our community, i'm so proud of that brother, big him up everytime and you know this

TSA
08-01-2010, 12:49 AM
Well he can't possibly fuck it up more. With no qualifications, I'd say he's qualified.
lol, co-sign.

ZigZag
08-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Well he certainly qualified cuz he's about as crooked as the previous presidents... yea wtf was he doing with that yele money? people still dont know...

snapple
08-01-2010, 02:08 PM
^^yea people forgot about that allready......

LONDON!
08-02-2010, 09:36 AM
Well he certainly qualified cuz he's about as crooked as the previous presidents... yea wtf was he doing with that yele money? people still dont know...

don't watch all that system promoted propaganda fed through the western media, they are just hating on clef's organization because he dosen't play the western elite's charity 'game' and thats all, no corporate or system ties, just a genuine charity for the people, by the people

and the whole qualification bullshit, george w bush went to university, that dosen't take away from the fact that he is a duppy, slow, ignorant piece of shit

its about basic common sense, its not always all about academic qualifications, even if it would be better if he had some in certain regards to certain aspects, but you can be academically bright, but common sense stupid, or have a lot of wisdom and deep wit your shit, but have no academic qualifications, you get what i'm saying, personal experience in life has always shown me this

and i'm not knocking education in anyway, shape, form or fashion, because education is the key to any successful civilazation, truss me on that, thats why the system historically has kept human being community's they don't like, from acheiving academic success, to keep there grips on power so they can carry out there imperialist goals and agenda, you get what i'm saying

clef has the street smarts and common sense to know he's gonna get him an advisor that will advise him on who should go in which position and do what, you see what i'm saying, no political tribal politricks or system puppet master stuff, he has he's own money, no greed and a genuine love for all his and our people over there, yes he does, he's the perfect person for the job in my eyes, thats the way i see it anyway

ZigZag
08-03-2010, 07:10 PM
the american govt will shut wyclef the fuck down b4 he dares fix up haiti. They'll kidnap him just like they did aresteed.

Sky Blue Danny Kid
08-03-2010, 07:31 PM
any time a conversation reaches this level of stupidity, it should be instantly moved to KTL.

Watching the Zig/London convo reminds me of the time in 6th grade music class when 2 retards started fighting over a recorder. One of them ended up shitting himself, and I don't see this ending much better

ZigZag
08-03-2010, 07:37 PM
u know u dont have to post....u can simply...log off.

Sky Blue Danny Kid
08-03-2010, 07:41 PM
just like in music class...I could have just left the room...or kept trying to play the Beverly Hills Cop Theme on the xylophone...but instead, i said "check it out, retard fight!"...

LONDON!
08-04-2010, 09:21 AM
the american govt will shut wyclef the fuck down b4 he dares fix up haiti. They'll kidnap him just like they did aresteed.

thats why you have to give props to clef for putting his foot down and running, politricks is a very dangerous game, especially when its comes to country's that the system has a hard on for, they have been fucking around wit haiti since its independence and theirs no oil or big time resources there to steal, they have been fucking around wit haiti purely on principle because it was the first black nation to get there independence there way, you see what i'm saying

its like i always say, i ain't religious or belong to any particular religion, but i am spiritual, i do believe in higher powers, i take bits and pieces from all religions and do my own thing and keep it moving, may god give clef guidance, salute brothaman and fuck the system

LONDON!
08-04-2010, 09:27 AM
u know u dont have to post....u can simply...log off.

don't waste your time lifting up your hand to respond to gay, bougie nerds that have fag pictures in there avatar, a million miles away, hiding in secret locations behind secret screename identiy's, they wouldn't have no talk in the real world to your face, there faggots and thats the reality, there nuthin, there minor, it ain't that deep, its very diffrent on the roads cuzzy, you see what i'm saying, there under manners in the real world, truss me on that

Teh KillaBee
08-04-2010, 02:39 PM
exactly, i'm was never really into that brother's music other than the fugees stuff, ours was more into the fact of what he does in the community, he's for the cause, he's for the hood, so i think he will do a good job in haiti, its a good look for our community, i'm so proud of that brother, big him up everytime and you know this

MDSQJdD0Zs4

This ^^^^IMO

EAGLE EYE
08-04-2010, 02:44 PM
any time a conversation reaches this level of stupidity, it should be instantly moved to KTL.

Watching the Zig/London convo reminds me of the time in 6th grade music class when 2 retards started fighting over a recorder. One of them ended up shitting himself, and I don't see this ending much better

hahahahahahahahaahhahaahhaahahahahaha, that's quite the imagery.

Jeru
08-04-2010, 02:47 PM
Well it's a pretty logical move...he's got an album coming out this year

EAGLE EYE
08-04-2010, 02:54 PM
its like i always say, i ain't religious or belong to any particular religion, but i am spiritual,

LOL

I could picture a ditzy 16 year old girl expressing themselves in this manner, but you are 31 and still saying that age old cheesy line?

check two
08-04-2010, 03:04 PM
London, do you still talk to Daisy?

Teh KillaBee
08-04-2010, 04:07 PM
London, do you still talk to Daisy?

this chick?

http://dietrichthrall.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/daisy-de-la-hoya.jpg

I'd eat my way thru a mile of shit just to have her fart in my mouth

LONDON!
08-04-2010, 04:20 PM
LOL

I could picture a ditzy 16 year old girl expressing themselves in this manner, but you are 31 and still saying that age old cheesy line?

in your world it might be cheesy, but in mine, it ain't, because it takes a bigger human being man or woman to join any religion and adhere to there strict moral guidlines in today's world, to adhere to the sciptures, it takes a bigger human being person to do that shit, yes it does, i respect how authentic human being religious crew get down, i've seen human beings turn from negative living to positive living by joining religion's, so our never diss religions, i salute that, all day, everyday, salute, because i'm not a bigger mature enough person even at my age to adhere to those scriptures, i've got too many vices in my life, so i take bits of pieces from all religions and keep it moving, i ain't religious, but i belive in higher power's, i have an authentic relationship wit god, i'm spiritual, theirs nuthin complex about that

Teh KillaBee
08-04-2010, 04:33 PM
^^^^ you're talking to yourself bud

Olive Oil Goombah
08-04-2010, 04:56 PM
yea, London reaally has his kneck out there......telling us he is from an area home to about 12 million if you include the metropolitan area.

way to puff out your chest pussy

LONDON!
08-04-2010, 06:24 PM
yeah i knew you would be on my dick, you couldn't help it could you, thats why this gay nerd changed his name to 'dicky', i don't respond to 'gay's', so i ain't gonna do none of that back and forth gay nerd shit you nerds like doing on the internet a million miles away behind secret identity screename's in secret locations, it ain't that deep, no it isn't ha ha, let me drop you this jewel too, the diffrerence between me and nerds like you and robbie sinclair, infinity and the rest of you other nerds is i'm the same person on here that i am in real life off these boards, yes i am, ha ha, but it ain't that deep, no it ain't, lets go

Teh KillaBee
08-04-2010, 06:28 PM
yeah i knew you would be on my dick, you couldn't help it could you, thats why this gay nerd changed his name to 'dicky', i don't respond to 'gay's', so i ain't gonna do none of that back and forth gay nerd shit you nerds like doing on the internet a million miles away behind secret identity screename's in secret locations, it ain't that deep, no it isn't ha ha, let me drop you this jewel too, the diffrerence between me and nerds like you and robbie sinclair, infinity and the rest of you other nerds is i'm the same person on here that i am in real life off these boards, yes i am, ha ha, but it ain't that deep, no it ain't, lets go

http://a.imageshack.us/img208/6699/thumbheads.jpg

Sky Blue Danny Kid
08-04-2010, 06:30 PM
LONDON! might be dumb as shit, but it is always adorable when pasty foreigners try to type in e-bonics.

I don't really know what he's trying to say, but I'll be damned if he isn't the cutest little wigger this side of the Towne of Statfordshire.

Olive Oil Goombah
08-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Maybe I should change my name to CLEVELAND! so i can be more real....cuz lets face it, our metro only had about 2.5 million people which is much more ballsy than your cosmopolitan London population.

and the under location, i'd narrow it down to CLEVELAND, OH which is another more gutsy move because i am narrowing it down to one of the 50 states, which LONDON! was too scared to do. He just put UK.....i mean, that could be Scotland or Wales.

for all I know, there is a village called london in the southeast corner of the Isle of Mann....

Yo step yo game up son, i got my summer tan on dude, the melonin is fucking dripping of my ballsack as i type.

TheBoarzHeadBoy
08-04-2010, 11:28 PM
Technically London is just over a square Mile of land. "London" is a conglomerate of quite a few different cities. But your point stand nick.

in your world it might be cheesy, but in mine, it ain't, because it takes a bigger human being man or woman to join any religion and adhere to there strict moral guidlines in today's world, to adhere to the sciptures, it takes a bigger human being person to do that shit, yes it does, i respect how authentic human being religious crew get down, i've seen human beings turn from negative living to positive living by joining religion's, so our never diss religions, i salute that, all day, everyday, salute, because i'm not a bigger mature enough person even at my age to adhere to those scriptures, i've got too many vices in my life, so i take bits of pieces from all religions and keep it moving, i ain't religious, but i belive in higher power's, i have an authentic relationship wit god, i'm spiritual, theirs nuthin complex about that

Yeah that's pussy garbage. If you believed in God and the Afterlife and all that you'd be afraid of what he's going to do to your balls with his fiery pitchfork for saying stuff like that. Its why I always keep some Jew-gold on my person. To pay Charons' toll. Who knows when God's gonna cut you down? Always be prepared. I keep a pound, a us gold dollar, and a Canadian dollar in my wallet just in case he's picky... real talk.

snapple
08-06-2010, 10:43 AM
wyclef can't even pay his taxes....i read he owes over2 mill.....you can't even manage your own money how are you gonna be the president LOL

djskillz
08-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Sean Penn was talking about how he doesnt support him. Even Pras doesn't support him.