PDA

View Full Version : Illogical Immigration

EAGLE EYE
08-06-2010, 01:19 AM
http://article.nationalreview.com/438967/illogical-immigration/victor-davis-hanson?page=1

one of the more thought provoking articles you will read in regards to this dilemma.

Professor Poopsnagle
08-06-2010, 04:11 AM
I like his political incorrect view on this.

"America extends housing, food, and education subsidies to illegal aliens in need. But Mexico receives more than $20 billion in American remittances a year — its second-highest source of foreign exchange, and almost all of it from its own nationals living in the United States.Are Americans then subsidizing the Mexican government by extending social services to aliens, freeing up cash for them to send back home?"

This is happening in Europe too. Sending money to the home front is hurting our economy, but if you say anything about it, you're a racist and fascist etc. These people got second houses in the country of their origin and still receive housing subsidies meant for people who can't afford shit.

Anyway, good read.

TheBoarzHeadBoy
08-07-2010, 03:26 PM
Presuming a civil war hasn't broken out by 2016 I advocate the annexation of Mexican territories (the first time we only half assed it). If they want to be Americans they can be Americans. They'll pay taxes or go to jail like the rest of us. That way the money can stay in The Empire and not go to the family back home in Durango of some dirty criminal named Carlos who sells crack in LA.

THUGNIFICENT
08-07-2010, 06:44 PM
If we really want to make all illegals leave, then everybody gotta go home and give this land back to the Native Americans. All they got round where I live is a reservation where you can buy 200 dutches for fifteen bucks.

I'm just saying. I'm for trying to help illegals become citizens, not offering more tight restrictions on the border.

To the article, dude made good points. Especially about the racial profiling aspect of it. It's a gray area, but at the same time, I think it's safe to assume that riiiiiight by the border some latino dude can understand being checked, but the farther away you go the more you submerge yourself in some murky waters.

EAGLE EYE
08-07-2010, 10:45 PM
Presuming a civil war hasn't broken out by 2016 I advocate the annexation of Mexican territories (the first time we only half assed it). If they want to be Americans they can be Americans. They'll pay taxes or go to jail like the rest of us. That way the money can stay in The Empire and not go to the family back home in Durango of some dirty criminal named Carlos who sells crack in LA.

Did you skip this paragraph?

Something is going very wrong in Mexico to prompt more than half a million of its citizens to cross the border illegally each year. Impoverished Mexican nationals variously cite poor economic conditions back home, government corruption, a lack of social services, and racism. In other words, it is not just the desirability of America but also the perceived undesirability of Mexico that explains one of largest mass exoduses in modern history.

I don't think it would be the United States best interest to acquire that land. Even pumping more money into the country would just fuel the corruption.

TheBoarzHeadBoy
08-08-2010, 01:14 AM
Corruption? Have you seen what we did to Iraq? There won't be wealth left to fight over.

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDReviews42/jarhead%20blu-ray/large/large%20jarhead%20blu-ray10.jpg

That kind of petroleum burn would make Col. Kilgore shed a tear of joy.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
08-19-2010, 08:55 PM
there are people not willing to move back to the country they were born

there are people willing to move over to countries they weren't born in and exploit it.

should those people who really want to escape and go where ever they choose to go have a right to have a roof over their heads?

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
08-19-2010, 09:34 PM
when a foreign person puts money into a country or extorts money out of a country then should that be legal?