PDA

View Full Version : Sa-Ra Creative Partners

food for thought
08-10-2010, 09:01 PM
yall mess with these cats?

this music is especially cool for when youre chilling with your bitch my wigga.

heres some info on them

Sa-Ra is a hip-hop group based in Los Angeles, California, also known by its full name, Sa-Ra Creative Partners. The group is composed of Om'Mas Keith, Taz Arnold, and Shafiq Husayn. The name translates roughly to "the children of God." The group's name, style and creativity are allusions to the similarly named jazz composer and philosopher Sun Ra.

Releases and Recent Music

Several singles and recordings have been released under the group's own name, primarily on independent labels such as ABB Records, Ubiquity Records, and Sound in Color and on various compilations, and include the cult hit "Glorious," and singles "Double Dutch" and "Second Time Around." Newer material was released on the promotional SetUps and Justifications album sampler in mid-2006,including songs such as "Big Fame," "StarWars," and "Hollywood." Their "Second Time Around" single was released in CD format and is generally available from major online retailers as well as iTunes. The groupís original vinyl singles ("Double Dutch" and "Glorious") were limited releases on Ubiquity Records. A full length album, titled The Hollywood Recordings, was released on Babygrande Records on April 24, 2007.
The group has said that their sound is unlikely to gain any MTV attention.[2] However, beginning in 2009, Om'Mas became a regular cast member on Diddy's MTV program Making His Band drawing more attention to Sa-Ra.

here are some of my fovorites from the group

here is a clip of them doing my fav song of theirs live
2jn9UUO6XLo

uFhD8Uxkn6I
^if im not mistaken this banger is about pussy as well as weed at the same time

geIyb1pfk0s

^with the god Bilal

B6_-dljJ7go
^with my future baby mama Erykah

^check how unique and soulful they sound

let me know you love it bro.

Dr. Simon Hurt
08-10-2010, 10:24 PM
i have 'the hollywood recordings'...pretty cool stuff, i had completely forgotten about them lol

any other albums?

food for thought
08-10-2010, 11:32 PM
'Nuclear Evolution: The Age of Love' is another one and ive been recently bumping Shafiq Husayn's solo shit. hes one of the members he got an album out called Shafiq-En-A-Free-Ka. that shit is real dope and out there

http://www.beyondrace.com/images/stories/enafreeka.jpg

this is my joint
yEpVDz-4KFI

Cheeba w/ bilal
mRNKPopqsPI

The UN Plan
vID_Da4OMrM

F9O9sMu1bKY

claaa7
08-11-2010, 01:47 AM
i never really dug into their shit but heard a little off their production work, like the Common 2005 song that was a iTunes bonus to "Be" or something but that was straight ASS lol. i heard them on Erykah Badu's album too were they sounded alot better, same with Talib and some others i can't remember. haven't heard enough to be able to build an opinion tho but i'ma give them a chance.

Edgar Erebus
08-11-2010, 07:57 AM
Never really got into them, heard a couple of their works and something about them is just off-putting to me. (BTW, speaking about chilling with my bitch to Sa-Ra, I don't think it would work. She listens to aggrotech.)

BTW, if I'm not mistaken, Shafiq Husayn used to work with Ice-T back in the days.

bc5RXiTJFrA

fatboybrandon
08-11-2010, 09:14 AM
They do good music, I remember hearing they had an association with Aftermath & Dr. Dre (http://cratesofjr.blogspot.com/2010/02/video-journey-of-dr-dre-retrospective.html) back in the early 90's, waiting for an album to drop.

I kind of overlooked them because some stuff I heard sounded like a heavy Jay Dee influence, and this was around the time when Jay Dee (http://cratesofjr.blogspot.com/2010/07/eric-krasno-guitarist-of-soulive-for.html) was blowing up as an artist.

I like the P-Funk influence of their music, one of their beats is my favorite beat of the decade: Pharoahe Monch (http://cratesofjr.blogspot.com/2010/08/video-pharoahe-monch-true-hip-hop.html) - Agent Orange