PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Big Pun's "Yeeeah Baby"?

Undiluted Karma
08-11-2010, 07:57 AM
I doubt it compares to Capital Punishment, but I need to check this album out, owing to the fact that Capital Punishment had some bangers.

I read on the wikipedia page, that his flow was lessened by his breathing problems, was this really noticable on the album?

peace

TAURO
08-11-2010, 07:59 AM
It's patchy at best but there are some bangers. If you like Pun then it's worth picking up, just don't expect another Capital Punishment.

Undiluted Karma
08-11-2010, 08:02 AM
thanks man, yeah i expected as much.
Hes the only deceased rapper(RIP) i really listen to, its a crying shame more material of his hasnt been released if he had actually recorded significantly more material.

fatboybrandon
08-11-2010, 08:06 AM
I need to go back and take another listen, Pun's buzz back when it came out was so huge here that I fell back from listening to the album. I get tired of some of the greatest artists if their music is being played constantly on the radio.

I remember the singles off the album, but not really the album as a whole because some songs were better than others. Capital Punishment was so good to me that it was hard to listen to the later albums.

TAURO
08-11-2010, 08:06 AM
You should pick this up too

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61pjvu9utbL._SS400_.jpg

Undiluted Karma
08-11-2010, 08:12 AM
Ah yeah nice that Raekwon track looks sick
thanks

djskillz
08-11-2010, 08:01 PM
thanks man, yeah i expected as much.
Hes the only deceased rapper(RIP) i really listen to, its a crying shame more material of his hasnt been released if he had actually recorded significantly more material.

Big L? 2Pac? Biggie? GURU?????

I need to go back and take another listen, Pun's buzz back when it came out was so huge here that I fell back from listening to the album. I get tired of some of the greatest artists if their music is being played constantly on the radio.

I remember the singles off the album, but not really the album as a whole because some songs were better than others. Capital Punishment was so good to me that it was hard to listen to the later albums.

word. I was young as hell when that came out but the 100% video pissed me off cause it was played 24/7. Also I didnt know he had died at the time so I was wondering why he wasn't in the video.

Luz
08-11-2010, 10:10 PM
He wasn't really finished with the album when he died. It would have turned out better if he lived to finish it.

The world needs more Pun material though. Sadly I don't really think much exists.

MaskedAvenger
08-12-2010, 02:05 AM
I thought this album was garbage.

Thworldisyours
08-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Album is uneven but still good...

It's nowhere near as good as Capital Punishment but come on...

Who's fuckin with this track?

H15P4sEzGQQ

Or this one?

BaNr8JsGulI

Or this Just Blaze track?

lP_Vw3z2HU8

David Daniel Davis
08-12-2010, 02:49 PM
It is worth checking out; he admitted to attempting to broaden his fanbase with this one.

Mcthuggin99
08-12-2010, 03:40 PM
Guru only became "one of the greats" when he died. nobody was really talking about Gang starr untill Guru passed

Sunz of Man
08-12-2010, 03:43 PM
Guru only became "one of the greats" when he died. nobody was really talking about Gang starr untill Guru passed

you serious? gang starr has always been dope. basically anything premo touches is fire & guru just sounds natural over premo beats

Rame
08-12-2010, 03:43 PM
It sucks.

Mcthuggin99
08-12-2010, 04:06 PM
you serious? gang starr has always been dope. basically anything premo touches is fire & guru just sounds natural over premo beats
of course theyve always been dope but what im saying is that no one was really saying they're one of the G.O.A.T untill Guru died. then all of a sudden everybody's like "RIP to one of the greatest to ever do it"

just like when Dolla was killed, before everybody was saying he was just gonna be a one hit wonder, then he dies everybody is like "RIP he was one of the few new rappers i actually liked, he was gonna make it"

djskillz
08-12-2010, 04:13 PM
^lol you've been misinformed. Guru's always been hailed as one of the best to ever do it. ask anyone who knows about hip hop and his name will be mentioned.

Sunz of Man
08-12-2010, 04:13 PM
of course theyve always been dope but what im saying is that no one was really saying they're one of the G.O.A.T untill Guru died. then all of a sudden everybody's like "RIP to one of the greatest to ever do it"

just like when Dolla was killed, before everybody was saying he was just gonna be a one hit wonder, then he dies everybody is like "RIP he was one of the few new rappers i actually liked, he was gonna make it"

oh gotcha man. yeah i know what you're saying, since he passed it puts him in higher regards than before he died.

and back to the topic, yeah like everyone said, its not as good as capital punishment but if you're down with pun and havent heard it, its definitely worth a listen

Undiluted Karma
08-12-2010, 04:19 PM

word. I was young as hell when that came out but the 100% video pissed me off cause it was played 24/7. Also I didnt know he had died at the time so I was wondering why he wasn't in the video.

lol

I like 2Pac and Guru just dont listen to them much. Doesnt mean I dont rate them.

The mantra of "you need to listen to an album a few times to digest it" applies but i didnt rate Big L's Lifestyles or Biggies Ready to Die that much

i havent been listening to loads of hip hop all my life, past 18 months when i been really into my hip hop than before ive stuck with mainly Wu and JMT with a few other artists i got into. I havent really branched out much, which Is why i make threads like these, try to get peoples reccomendations so i have somewhere to start.

djskillz
08-12-2010, 04:25 PM
I gotchu. But give Big L another listen. As far as punchlines go he's the best.

Undiluted Karma
08-12-2010, 04:26 PM
yeah def

and talking about punchlines that album did have some
there was one where he was talking about aids or something lol

djskillz
08-12-2010, 04:27 PM
I never wear rubbers bitch, if i get AIDS fuck it!

i'm taking lives for a great price, i'm the type to snap in heaven with a mac-11 and rape christ

Undiluted Karma
08-12-2010, 04:30 PM
I never wear rubbers bitch, if i get AIDS fuck it!

i'm taking lives for a great price, i'm the type to snap in heaven with a mac-11 and rape christ

yeah that first line raised my eyebrows ahaHA

reminds me of when i read about GFK thinking he had aids because he had "hit it raw aplenty" turned it was diabetes

djskillz
08-12-2010, 04:34 PM
some of my other favorites from that album

"a girl asked me for a ring and i put one around her whole eye"

"i got girls that make that chick toni braxton look like whoopi"

"cause i'm a money getter, also a honey hitter, you think you nice as me? ha ha you's a funny nigga"

"fillin niggaz with so much lead they could use their dick for a pencil"

Undiluted Karma
08-12-2010, 04:37 PM
some of my other favorites from that album

"a girl asked me for a ring and i put one around her whole eye"

"i got girls that make that chick toni braxton look like whoopi"

"cause i'm a money getter, also a honey hitter, you think you nice as me? ha ha you's a funny nigga"

"fillin niggaz with so much lead they could use their dick for a pencil"

your right its chock full of quotables, strange i havent given much thought to the album since i listened to it like 2 weeks ago but i remember some of those quotables

djskillz
08-12-2010, 04:43 PM
also check out The Big Picture. another great Big L album. Features from A.G., Fat Joe, 2Pac, Kool G Rap, Big Daddy Kane, O.C., Guru, Sadat X, and Stan Spit.

MaskedAvenger
08-14-2010, 08:08 AM
laughing at the 'nobody rated guru or gang starr' until he died comment. In other words YOU never heard his material until he died. Guru/Gang Starr has always been one of the best.

angry!
08-14-2010, 09:24 AM
undiluted karma is one of the worst posters in the history of the internet!!!!!!!!!

*somebody posts thread about artist hes never checked for*

undiluted karma: "ive never really rated him, then again, ive never really listened to him"

look for a sturdy ceiling fixture and hang yourself faggot!!!!!!!!!!!

why dont you go check the album out, and form your own opinion, because thats all that matters, your opinion!!!!!!!!!!

you need a life coach, and you need niggas to tell you about albums you could easily check out in a matter of minutes... its 2010... go to youtube, type yyeaaaah baby and pack it up!!!!!!!!!!!

and youre ignorant an fuck on top of being a feminine pasty, if you dont anything about the topic of discussion, dont say anything!!!!!!!!!!!!

gangstarr one of the purest groups in hip hop history, bulletproof catalogue, worldwide acclaim, certified classics, revolutionary.... but nobody rated them... HA... where were you when they were popping off in the mid 90s!!?!?!?!?!!?!!?

sucking your thumb, borrowing records from your older sister!!!!!!!!

eat a dick faggot, youre the same lame that got mad at g rap for smacking superhead, i think your hip hop PHASE is coming to an end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Undiluted Karma
08-14-2010, 10:28 AM
undiluted karma is one of the worst posters in the history of the internet!!!!!!!!!

*somebody posts thread about artist hes never checked for*

undiluted karma: "ive never really rated him, then again, ive never really listened to him"

look for a sturdy ceiling fixture and hang yourself faggot!!!!!!!!!!!

why dont you go check the album out, and form your own opinion, because thats all that matters, your opinion!!!!!!!!!!

you need a life coach, and you need niggas to tell you about albums you could easily check out in a matter of minutes... its 2010... go to youtube, type yyeaaaah baby and pack it up!!!!!!!!!!!

and youre ignorant an fuck on top of being a feminine pasty, if you dont anything about the topic of discussion, dont say anything!!!!!!!!!!!!

gangstarr one of the purest groups in hip hop history, bulletproof catalogue, worldwide acclaim, certified classics, revolutionary.... but nobody rated them... HA... where were you when they were popping off in the mid 90s!!?!?!?!?!!?!!?

sucking your thumb, borrowing records from your older sister!!!!!!!!

eat a dick faggot, youre the same lame that got mad at g rap for smacking superhead, i think your hip hop PHASE is coming to an end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool post.

Look at most of my posts, I always recognise that I should listen to an artist more, in order to gain a more weighted opinion of them, I always emphaise my opinion of an artist I havent heard that much is just basic.

I missed out on alot of stuff in the 90's, hence I research albums and ask other people albums they'd reccomend. Its all part of exploration of music. If you weren't such a elitist you would know that. I also find music of my own accord but I like to supplement that. Nobody put me onto Wu, I just gave them a chance. I do both.

Lol @ Gangstarr. Gangster are dope, only earlier today I was rinsing "The Ownerz"

CharlesJones
08-14-2010, 11:08 AM
LOL@Angry hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Angry always makes me laugh and he's always dissing people LOL. Yeeeeeah Baby album is terrible. I remember when i first saw his It's So Hard video. I was like this song is wack. 100% song is wack too. LOL@those lyrics Big L said that DJskillz posted hahahahahahahahaha. Yeah Big L was a awesome lyricist. I miss him. Fuck Big Pun for beating his wife. I don't respect no man who beats women. I know women do shit sometimes to piss off men but that doesn't give men the right to beat them. Men need to learn to talk to their women when they have a problem with them instead of beating them. Men should know by now if a woman calls the police on you for physical assault, the police are gonna lock you up and then the woman will be laughing at you.

Undiluted Karma
08-14-2010, 11:18 AM
LOL@Angry hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Angry always makes me laugh and he's always dissing people LOL. Yeeeeeah Baby album is terrible. I remember when i first saw his It's So Hard video. I was like this song is wack. 100% song is wack too. LOL@those lyrics Big L said that DJskillz posted hahahahahahahahaha. Yeah Big L was a awesome lyricist. I miss him. Fuck Big Pun for beating his wife. I don't respect no man who beats women. I know women do shit sometimes to piss off men but that doesn't give men the right to beat them. Men need to learn to talk to their women when they have a problem with them instead of beating them. Men should know by now if a woman calls the police on you for physical assault, the police are gonna lock you up and then the woman will be laughing at you.

Truth. I was raised not to beat women either. If a woman pisses you off, you handle your business, but violence =no.

angry!
08-14-2010, 11:30 AM
Cool post.

Lol @ Gangstarr. Gangster are dope, only earlier today I was rinsing "The Ownerz"

shut... the.... fuck.... up!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL @ "rinsing"... youre a faggot dishwasher reading "how to" books!!!!!!!!!!!!!! english must be your 3rd or 4th language... rinsing... HAHAHAHA wow... go scrub a dinner plate you womanly fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL @ LOL'ing at gangstarr... only to post Gangster with proper punctuation... where does god find time to make these faggots?!!?!?!?!?!!?

ill punch your mother square in the face with no apologies, and nobody will flinch!!!!!!!!!!!!

undiluted karma = one of the sorriest life forms on the world wide web!!!!!!!!!!!!

you do realize it takes less effort to listen to an album and form your own opinion, than it does to make a thread, and dance around the act of listening to the album.... what am i sayin... you dont know shit!!!!!!

go research suicide and pick a method that excites you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CharlesJones
08-14-2010, 11:32 AM
LOL@Angry hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Angry is a good name for you because you always sound angry LOL.

Undiluted Karma
08-14-2010, 11:35 AM
i can only imagine. he must be going through his menopause

BRONZBODY
08-14-2010, 11:37 AM
LOL@Angry hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Angry always makes me laugh and he's always dissing people LOL. Yeeeeeah Baby album is terrible. I remember when i first saw his It's So Hard video. I was like this song is wack. 100% song is wack too. LOL@those lyrics Big L said that DJskillz posted hahahahahahahahaha. Yeah Big L was a awesome lyricist. I miss him. Fuck Big Pun for beating his wife. I don't respect no man who beats women. I know women do shit sometimes to piss off men but that doesn't give men the right to beat them. Men need to learn to talk to their women when they have a problem with them instead of beating them. Men should know by now if a woman calls the police on you for physical assault, the police are gonna lock you up and then the woman will be laughing at you.damn, i actually agree with u chickie. any man that beats a woman is a coward in my eyes. its best to walk away or in my case, get your sister to handle it!!! lol!!!

as far as the pun album, had some bangers, id give it a 6/10

Undiluted Karma
08-14-2010, 11:40 AM
yeah im working my way through DJ Krush stuff then im gonna check out the last 2 pun albums and finish the roots how i got over

CharlesJones
08-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Undiluted Karma, don't waste your time listening to Pun's Yeeeeeeah Baby because you'll be disappointed.

Undiluted Karma
08-14-2010, 12:09 PM
nah, i know it wont be as good as capital punishment, but i like his rhymes, and i wanna check it out

spiggity_ace
08-15-2010, 01:20 AM
i liked the wrong ones and my turn tracks th best, my turns dope as fuck, and puns flow on wrong ones is legendary, leatherface was dope too,

haha i say big l was 2nd best in terms of punchlines, chino xl got the title i dont care wut anyone ses

oh yea chcek out endangered species, the john blaze track is fire but my fav were firewater, and wishful thinkin, u had the 3 biggest latin rappers to do it on that one track and u had g rap spittin one of the tightest versess ever on it

Undiluted Karma
08-15-2010, 03:11 AM
yeah im def gonna check out endangered
peace brother

Undiluted Karma
08-15-2010, 04:38 AM
Just listened to it. I would give it a 7/10 some good tracks on there

It's So Hard
New York Giants
My Dxxk
Laughing At You
My Turn
Leatherface
We don't care
You Was Wrong

Sinistarr
08-15-2010, 06:43 AM
Top 5 Yeeeah Baby tracks IMO

1 - New York Giants
2 - Nigga Shit
3 - Leathaface
4 - Off Wit His Head
5 - Watch Those

KLAP
08-17-2010, 02:09 AM
BIG PUN is one of the greatest emces ever!!!! And "YEEEAH BABY" is a hot album!

David Daniel Davis
08-18-2010, 11:04 AM
i liked the wrong ones and my turn tracks th best, my turns dope as fuck, and puns flow on wrong ones is legendary, leatherface was dope too,

haha i say big l was 2nd best in terms of punchlines, chino xl got the title i dont care wut anyone ses

oh yea chcek out endangered species, the john blaze track is fire but my fav were firewater, and wishful thinkin, u had the 3 biggest latin rappers to do it on that one track and u had g rap spittin one of the tightest versess ever on it

No doubt; Chino XL had the title "King of Ill Lines and Punchlines" when he came out for a reason.

benzo
08-18-2010, 11:29 AM
I'm not letting Mcthuggie off the hook that easy... Dude's opinion is invalid from here on out for those stupid-ass Gangstarr comments he made.

CharlesJones
08-19-2010, 11:57 AM
LOL@Klap saying Yeeeeeah Baby is a hot album hahahahahahahahahaha. Yeah right.

Undiluted Karma
08-19-2010, 01:22 PM
I'm not letting Mcthuggie off the hook that easy... Dude's opinion is invalid from here on out for those stupid-ass Gangstarr comments he made.

Lol, I bet you're one of the guys losing hair over the Raekwon Kanye Beiber future collabo