PDA

View Full Version : Cannibal Ox - The Cold Vein

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-10-2005, 04:22 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005BIVW.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Rate it bitches

I actually happen to think this is the best album of the last 5 years, and is an all time classic in all areas, beats, ryhmes, and overall sound.

Wzarecta
10-10-2005, 05:34 PM
We've already got a thread on this, you need to check the archive before starting new thread.
9/10 for me though, lol, it is classic but just not perfect to me.

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-10-2005, 07:04 PM
oh shit sorry

Witty
10-12-2005, 03:29 PM
8.5......I like this album a lot, but Vaste Air is the only member who can rap....the other guy..Vordul Mega?...he is fucking awful...I skip his verses on almost every song...Take "Pigeon" for example, Vaste spits an Ill Verse, El P comes through with a dope instrumental chorus, then Vordul gets on and spits for like 3 minutes saying absolutely nothing..not one hot line.... it ruins the whole track. I wish Cannibal Ox was made up of Vaste and El-P only, that would be a classic album...they need to re-record this right away...Vordul ruins every song and it pisses me off...."B-Boy Alpha" is one of my favorite verses by Vast, but then I have to hit the next button right after it.

Whats with Vaste's opening line on that track though
"My Mother said you sucked my pussy when you came out"

haha that cracks me up everytime...its so strange. but for real though Vaste has some great lyrical skills.

peace

Fragmented
10-14-2005, 08:45 PM
10/10 instant classic from the first time i heard it

Chungsanity
03-06-2009, 10:14 PM
the fat guy in the group sounds like a poor man's big pun, real talk.

claaa7
03-07-2009, 11:53 AM
classic in every aspect as y'all already said, this LP is as mind-blowing today as it was when it first dropped and I bumped it for the first time..