PDA

View Full Version : Soul Train TV Show Documentary Is Coming On VH1 Saturday

CharlesJones
08-19-2010, 12:55 PM
It's been on before but it's being shown again at 10pm this Saturday and it's narrated by black actor Terrence Howard. I've never seen the documentary. So i'm gonna make sure i remember to watch it. I guess it's a hour documentary. I wanna give props to Don Corneileus for putting Soul Train together because this show gave a lot of black music artists some exposure and like he said in a newspaper article i read about Soul Train a long time ago, the show gave exposure to black artists that wouldn't have gotten exposure elsewhere. Don stopped being the host of the show in 1994 or 1995 i believe. He started hosting the show in 1970 and he said it started in Chicago and then moved to Los Angeles. Don is from Chicago.

Dick Griffey who used to be the owner of Solar records helped Don put Soul Train out and Don also helped Dick start Solar because the label used to be called Soul Train records. Solar used to be the home of Midnight Star, Lakeside, The Whispers, The Deele, Shalamar. Don said he helped put Shalamar together because Jody Watley and Jeffrey Daniels used to be Soul Train dancers before they joined Shalamar. Jody and Jeffrey used to be a couple and i read recently that Howard Hewett who was also in Shalamar used to be a Soul Train dancer.

CharlesJones
08-26-2010, 10:43 AM
I was pissed when this documentary didn't come on last Saturday and Prince's Purple Rain movie came on instead. I'm gonna look at VH1's website again to see if it comes on another day.

check two
09-13-2010, 12:52 AM
What's the word on it?

CharlesJones
09-20-2010, 10:28 AM
Check Two, you probably can watch it at VH1's website if they got it posted there. I'm gonna go to that website today to see if they got a link so i can watch it.