PDA

View Full Version : Fat Beats Closes Its Doors

buckshotstheone
08-20-2010, 11:32 AM
Today I look at Fat Beats closing and wonder if it even really matters that yet another independent record store is closing up shop

http://www.reppghhiphop.com/2010/08/19/fat-beats-closes-its-doors/

So Fat Beats finally went the way of every other independent record store by officially announcing that itís closing its doors (http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2010/08/18/r-i-p-fat-beats/), and of course as part of the typical underground stereotype that its fans embody, everyone is bitching and whining that itís not right. That itís a shame, that itís a sad day for hip hop, and whatever other bullshit these bitter-ass old-timers spew.

Itís not like the Fat Beats online store is closing, or that theyíve gone bankrupt like so many other businesses have in this recession thatís lasted a good 5 years now. Naw they just finally came to the conclusion that the days of the physical location for all things hip hop has been replaced with a computer screen I can purchase anything I damn well please off of while at the same time smoking a fat ass blunt and bumping some ill shit that the owners of that store would probably hate. Combine this with the ridiculous article (http://www.unkut.com/2010/08/are-weak-hooks-ruining-rap/) I read yesterday complaining that no one uses scratches in their hooks anymore other than the far-past-his-prime DJ Premier and yet again I hear the voices of people who still havenít realized that weíre in a new millennium and this internet thing is future and itís not going away anytime soon.

I dropped a mixtape recently, not that it matters cause I donít rap anymore, but I did get a lot of mafuckas to hear it, because I sent them a direct link. Not because I packaged it up all nice and stood on a corner asking $5 for it, but because I knew that in 2010 no one gives a FUCK about you unless you got a website where they can hear your shit and determine if they wanna spend any time actually bumping it. Itís about time these clowns wake up and realize that in the time it takes me to drive to some independent record store, spend half my day digging through bullshit record after bullshit record (which admittedly is incredibly enjoyable and can result in some quite rare finds), and then putting up my hard earned dollars, I can download 10 times as much shit while reading countless websites that give me important information like why Larry Fishburneís daughter got cigarette burns on her ass (http://www.worldstaruncut.com/uncut/26546).

Fat Beats closing down is nothing more than a sign of the times, itís not some depressing moment that deserves a funeral like them idiots decided to give a word (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19680493/) thatís still used all over the country to describe everyone from the President to the greatest rapper in the game right now (thatís right, Kanye > hip hop). Businesses come and go and this closing only continues to prove that every step that these artists are taking to further their careers is a solid 10 steps in front of what the labels and distributors are doing. Am I supposed to feel bad that Fat Beats hasnít accounted for Napster, LimeWire, Kazaa, Zshare, Rapidshare, MegaUpload and wherever the fuck else everyone is getting music from now? Am I supposed to feel bad that the amount of garbage hip hop being released, even by formerly good artists, means that Iíd rather know what the fuck Iím buying before I put 15 dollars up for some half-assed effort? Yeah maybe itís sad that a well-known establishment such as that one has to close its doors, but at least that company is still getting paper somehow, thereís a shitload of other independent record stores that you donít even realize closed cause you gave just as much of a fuck about them for the last few years as you did Fat Beats. Stop crying.

angry!
08-20-2010, 01:24 PM
who do you write this blog for faggot?!?!?!?!!?!

show me ONE example of positive feedback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i dont think anyone other than yourself checks for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you dont know shit, youre pale, confused, and lonely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you have no future as a journalist, youll never be a b-boy, and youll never have a social life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"i recently dropped a mixtape, not that it matters since i dont rap anymore"

thats phase 1... phase 2.... retire the blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL @ this faggot puttin the mic down so he can focus on his irrelevant thoughts on an irrelevant blog space...

life in 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

youve never been to fat beats, youre just a fatherless fat geek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ima go pen 16 and smoke an L.. go blog about nickelback or something!!!!!!!!!!!

THE MASON
08-20-2010, 01:28 PM
i wish my city had a place like Fat Beats, im not from NY but i have seen the videos about Fat Beats and i can only imagine the vibe of that place

fact is, places like this kept the spirit of hip hop alive. so what the online store is still up, not the same as goin to the store and interacting with other hip hop heads. like i said i aint been there but there is a place similar where im at

angry!
08-20-2010, 01:36 PM
i wish my city had a place like Fat Beats, im not from NY but i have seen the videos about Fat Beats and i can only imagine the vibe of that place

fact is, places like this kept the spirit of hip hop alive. so what the online store is still up, not the same as goin to the store and interacting with other hip hop heads. like i said i aint been there but there is a place similar where im at

^^^^ real hip hop head!!!!!!!!!!!

fat beats closing is just another part of hip hop culture dying!!!!!!!!!

DJ's dont dig the crates, cop vinyl, and spin at parties anymore!!!!!!!!!!!

these cultureless fucks just press play off their lap top and wave their hand around with headphones on!!!!!!!!!!!

fat beats was a mecca of independence, got a tape you think is hot?!!?!?!?! put it in the face of some serious heads, and catch a listen!!!!!!!!!!

im not checkin every faggots myspace trynna spit, ill give a niggas tape a listen if he hands it to me though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wouldnt expect a transluscent faggot from nashua new hampshire to understand the significance of a place like fat beats!!!!!!!!!

here this lame is, proclaiming to be a hip hop head, actin like the death of vinyl/physical media is just a natural progression that should be embraced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is why youll never be anything... and you got ADD son, why you talkin about preem out the side of your mouth faggot?!?!?!?!!?!!

show me one positive e-mail, saying youve been doing a great job on the blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*waits for buckshot to finish fabricating fake e-mail givin himself props*

youre the man!!!!!!!!!!!!

buckshotstheone
08-20-2010, 04:24 PM
angry! takes more time responding to my posts then i do writing them. that says something about how valuable his time is.....

main_man
08-20-2010, 06:46 PM
at least angry is a TRUE FAN OF HIP HOP. unlike you.

if you dont get why fatbeats closing is a bad thing, then your the one thats lost.

"way past his prime dj premier". lol. please. preemos still one of the best doing it, you fucking piece of shit.

please, do us all a favor and stop with the blogging. as a matter of fact, just stop posting on the corp if you would. little bitch ass muh fucka.

ALCATRAZ
08-20-2010, 09:58 PM
angry! takes more time responding to my posts then i do writing them.

that alone says more about you then it does about him LOL