PDA

View Full Version : Wikileaks founder Julian Assange facing arrest over 'rape' claim

EAGLE EYE
08-21-2010, 06:54 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/wikipedia/7957665/Wikileaks-founder-Julian-Assange-facing-arrest-over-rape-claim.html

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01700/assange460_1700815c.jpg

bamboo
08-21-2010, 07:23 AM
This development will be interesting... discrediting campaign, conspiracy, truth??
it's all over Swedish media today.

TheBoarzHeadBoy
08-21-2010, 10:27 AM
I think Wikileaks isn't a good thing.

The only people who would read it hate America. Either inside or outside of the United States and would use knowledge for evil.

The people who would benefit from reading secret information (common people) aren't interested. Its basic sense.

So whose interests are they serving?

Professor Poopsnagle
08-21-2010, 10:38 AM
Wikileaks made the home address and name of some anti Hamas guy public. That's the morality these guys go by.

Uncle Steezo
08-21-2010, 10:48 AM
I think Wikileaks isn't a good thing.

The only people who would read it hate America. Either inside or outside of the United States and would use knowledge for evil.

The people who would benefit from reading secret information (common people) aren't interested. Its basic sense.

So whose interests are they serving?
dammit boy! don't make me pull this car over!
sit down shut up and keep your ignorant comments to yourself.

if common people were informed about how our gov/military conducts itself around the world...in our name...with our tax dollars...then maybe, just maybe we wouldn't be so easily duped.

when did being american mean going for the okeydoke?
when did being a good american mean laying down for whatever our leaders tell us?
when did our young bright white youths become such ignorant faggots?

TheBoarzHeadBoy
08-21-2010, 11:00 AM
I'm not saying its a good thing but that's how it is. The government is a maggot ridden cadaver swelling with corpse gas until it ruptures and it all comes down.

But the current state of things is people have enough on their minds with the work climate and everything else. People aren't interested in what's happening overseas. The only people who are going to be soaking up information about reporters getting killed in in air strikes and stuff like that are already discontents.

And because they're discontent they aren't going to be people who can do anything about it.

The problem is the government stopped being afraid of its people due to "civility" and now there's nothing civil about this.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
— Robert E. Howard

bamboo
08-21-2010, 11:35 AM
The rape allegation is no more. He's no longer wanted and doesn't have to turn himself in.
The molestation accusation remains and will be investigated. The DA says there's no reason to bring him under arrest as of now.

bamboo
08-21-2010, 11:37 AM
The warrant for the arrest of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has been withdrawn, the Swedish Prosecution Authority has confirmed.

"I do not consider there to be any reason to suspect that he has committed rape," chief prosecutor Eva Finné said in a statement explaining her decision.

The statement was issued at 4.30pm on Saturday to confirm that Assange was no longer a suspect and is thus no longer required to contact the police.

"She (Eva Finné) has adjudged that he is not suspected of rape. There is thus no reason to retain a warrant for his arrest," Karin Rosander at the Prosecution Authority confirmed.

The Expressen daily had reported on Saturday morning that a warrant had been issued for the arrest of Julian Assange in connection with alleged incidents in Stockholm and Enköping.

A source close to the case told the newspaper that two women in their twenties went to the police in Stockholm on Friday to speak about their recent encounters with Assange.

The Prosecution Authority released a statement on Saturday morning in which it revealed that the warrant was based on “one report of rape and one report of molestation. A warrant has been issued for the person's arrest since there is a risk that he could hamper the investigation.”

Kristinn Hrafnsson, a colleague of Assange's who spoke to news agency AFP from Iceland earlier on Saturday, rejected the charges against Assange as a fabrication, but confirmed that Assange remained in Sweden and planned to turn himself in.

There has been widespread speculation in social media on Saturday that the allegations were completely unfounded and had an ulterior motive, an accusation that WikiLeaks, and comments attributed to them on Twitter, have also helped to forward.

"He didn't know of the charges until he read them in the right wing tabloid Expressen this morning", Hrafnsson said. "There are powerful organisations who want to do harm to WikiLeaks."

The WikiLeaks founder has also personally denied the accusations in an email to Stockholm daily Dagens Nyheter.

“Why these accusations are coming at this point in time is an interesting question. I haven't been contacted by the police. The allegations are false,” Julian Assange said.

Assange has spent time in Sweden over the last week as a guest of the Association of Christian Social Democrats. WikiLeaks chose to move its servers from the United States to Sweden in 2007 as Assange believed the site would benefit from Swedish laws protecting journalists' sources.

The pentagon recently called on WikiLeaks to halt the publication of 70,000 leaked classified documents from the US-led war in Afghanistan. But Assange instead vowed to press ahead with the publication of a further 15,000 secret documents. TT/The Local

http://www.thelocal.se/28504/20100821/

Uncle Steezo
08-21-2010, 12:23 PM
I'm not saying its a good thing but that's how it is.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Edmund Burke
civility has nothing to do with it.

food for thought
08-21-2010, 12:27 PM
damn this shit is crazy.

they were trying to get his ass hard and i was wondering how they were going to do it

Uncle Steezo
08-21-2010, 12:33 PM
LOL@the Smear campaign fail.

Crackhead Bob
08-21-2010, 12:44 PM
Who didn't see this coming?