PDA

View Full Version : Whos the Iller MC: Nas or Canibus?

Inspektah Meth-Tical
08-23-2010, 04:04 AM
Well, who in your opinion is the better MC out of these two?
Me personally i think its Nas because i can relate to what says sometimes and his topics has a mad versatility.

MaskedAvenger
08-23-2010, 04:13 AM
Early Nas >>> Canibus. But now I don't know, to be honest it's been a while since i checked either of these guys work.

djskillz
08-23-2010, 04:16 AM
Nas

Tecknowledgist
08-23-2010, 04:39 AM
Canibus is my favorite MC.

Nas though.

Undiluted Karma
08-23-2010, 05:49 AM
Canibus is more lyrical but Nas is still lyrical yet is more entertaining,(it makes sense to me)

I can't listen to Canibus for extended periods of time because I feel his stuff can get dull after a while whereas I could listen to Nas for longer without getting bored.

Nas has better delivery,flow and character on the mic imo.

So Nas takes it.

theDZA
08-23-2010, 07:54 AM
Nas

but canibus is dope

sickdog
08-23-2010, 08:58 AM
Nas. no doubt.

J.T.S.
08-23-2010, 11:02 AM
N-a-S

The Jizzah
08-23-2010, 11:12 AM
Nasty NaS

Robert
08-23-2010, 11:15 AM
How can the two even be compared when they are so vastly different?

The one thing they do have in common is that the majority of their albums are poor, and that's coming from a fan of both artists.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
08-23-2010, 12:17 PM

The one thing they do have in common is that the majority of their albums are poor, and that's coming from a fan of both artists.

how as a fan of both artist say they album is poor

i mean there's two Bis album that are weak and or not up 2 snuff but for the most part Hip Hop 4 $ale and C: True Hollywood Stories are more sarcastic albums toward the hip hop culture

and as far Nas go yeah the Untitled album isn't great production wise but the album overall was banging a modern classic because of his overall topic of choice even the stuff he just did with Damien Marley was fire

Robert
08-23-2010, 12:45 PM
Canibus: C True Hollywood Stories, Hip Hop 4 Sale, Mind Control, Def Con Zero, and even Can-I-Bus, are mediocre to weak albums in my view.

Nas: I am, Nastradamus, God's Son, Hip Hop is Dead, and Untitled are also weak imo. Streets Disciple could have been much better if it didn't have so many tracks.

Of course, it is all down to opinion. Even the albums I listed have great tracks on them.

Krimewave
08-23-2010, 12:58 PM
Definitely a close call.

Both artists are nice as fuck, but have both released some piss poor albums.

Frank Sobotka
08-23-2010, 01:13 PM
Eli Porter Shits on both of them

Tecknowledgist
08-23-2010, 03:45 PM
Talking about albums, Nas has seven platinum ones and two gold ones.

"The niggas that used to have a nigga a little nervous was like Big, Pac....even Canibus" - Nas

I would say bar-for-bar Canibus is the better lyricist but the music he makes is very one-dimensional. Nas has proven he's one of the GOATs in almost every area of rhymin, whether it be story-telling or whatever. He's just more versatile.

And Bis is my favorite MC so believe that haha

Inspektah Meth-Tical
08-23-2010, 06:07 PM
Canibus: C True Hollywood Stories, Hip Hop 4 Sale, Mind Control, Def Con Zero, and even Can-I-Bus, are mediocre to weak albums in my view.

Nas: I am, Nastradamus, God's Son, Hip Hop is Dead, and Untitled are also weak imo. Streets Disciple could have been much better if it didn't have so many tracks.

Of course, it is all down to opinion. Even the albums I listed have great tracks on them.

Untitled is a good album, it had good context, so who cares if the beats were crap as long as his lyrics were good.
And God's Son? It's one of his top 5 albums.
1. Illmatic
2. Lost Tapes
3. Stillmatic
4. It Was Written
5. God's Son.
It was a true hip hop song and it was a real emotional album. That album was good.

misawa98
08-23-2010, 06:44 PM
As a pure MC I would say Canibus. In there prime rhyme for rhyme I would say Bis. Put them on a track and I would pick Bis to outrhyme NAS. Canibus was a dude MC's wouldnt want on there tracks as he could blaze you easily. It's no surprise how few of the top MC's got Bis to spit a hot 16 or 32 bars on there tracks.

However I would say Nas is more versatile and has managed to be relevant without dumbing down his lyrics. A better song writer.

DUMBO
08-23-2010, 07:57 PM
i listened to mic club today and i have to say that one style or not that shit is entertaining. i don't find canibus boring but he needs the right beats to lose it over.

the dude has a lot of concepts.

KLAP
08-23-2010, 08:29 PM
Canibus is a better lyricist... but all around and as far as body of work I give it to NaS. But don't get it twisted Canibus is one of the illist ever... I mean his debut Can-I-bus wasn't what we expected after hearing verses like "Beasts from the east". But Can-I-bus was and still is a good album. Tracks like "Patriots","Get Retarded" "2nd round knockout","How we Roll","Buckingham Palace" are all all around bangers. But the industry led people to belive it was garbage. Then Canibus dropped his sophmore album 2000B.C. and it was everything the critics said Can-I-bus lacked. 2000B.C. is a classic to me. Straghit lyrical neck snappin tracks like "Mic-nificent","The C-Quel","100bars","Phuck U","2000B.C."(title track),"Lost at C" etc Then Bis gave us Micclub -The Curriculum!!!!!! Not to mention all the freestyles and guest apperences!

ALCATRAZ
08-23-2010, 11:56 PM
nas easy... canibus is like the mad scientist in his laboratory cooking up masterpieces and nas is like the hobo poet who dont leave the attic and gets rich off waxing poetic no homo LOL

Frank Drebin
08-24-2010, 01:50 AM
top5 greatest hip-hop album in most peoples list puts nas ahead of most.

CharlesJones
08-24-2010, 10:40 AM
It's hard to pick which one is the illest because i like them both and they're both great rappers. I have to agree with Robert and Krimewave. Most of their albums are shitty hahahahahahahahahahaha. All of Canibus albums are wack hahahahahahahahahaha.

Guarded By Martyrs
08-24-2010, 11:33 AM
Iller : Canibus

Overall : Nas

Mr. R&B
08-24-2010, 12:22 PM
hahahahahahahahahahaha. All of Canibus albums are wack hahahahahahahahahaha.

Incorrect sir.

2000 B.C., Mic Club: The curriculum, Rip The Jacker & Melatonin Magik are all awesome albums.

Even Can-I-Bus was dope, it's just the complete polar opposite of what people expected.

THUGNIFICENT
08-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Illmatic is obviously better than anything Bis ever made.

If I'm going to hear one guest verse from each, and the song is on some aggressive or violent type shit, I'm going with Bis. If it's about conspiracy, going with Bis. If it's about pretty much anything else, going with Nas.

So Nas, for the versatility he brings and Illmatic.

cutn' heads
08-24-2010, 12:24 PM

x 2 ...

THUGNIFICENT
08-24-2010, 12:25 PM
Incorrect sir.

2000 B.C., Mic Club: The curriculum, Rip The Jacker & Meletonin Magik are all awesome albums.

Even Can-I-Bus was dope, it's just the complete polar opposite of what people expected.

I would debate that final point, but yeah, Bis has dope albums. I'd also put For Whom the Beat Tolls in that list as well. A lot of people seem to sleep on that album, but it has a lot of bangers, and is a cohesive LP when you just sit back and listen to it.

Mr. R&B
08-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Illmatic is obviously better than anything Bis ever made.

If I'm going to hear one guest verse from each, and the song is on some aggressive or violent type shit, I'm going with Bis. If it's about conspiracy, going with Bis. If it's about pretty much anything else, going with Nas.

So Nas, for the versatility he brings and Illmatic.

This.

These Canibus vs. Whoever comparisons tend to be rediculous because people tend to compare Bis to artists that are totally different in terms of approach and subject matter.

A Canibus vs. Vinnie Paz comparison would make more sense and Bis would take the win.

Or Bis vs. Immortal Technique.

you see where I'm going with this.

Robert
08-24-2010, 12:30 PM
Untitled is a good album, it had good context, so who cares if the beats were crap as long as his lyrics were good.
And God's Son? It's one of his top 5 albums.
1. Illmatic
2. Lost Tapes
3. Stillmatic
4. It Was Written
5. God's Son.
It was a true hip hop song and it was a real emotional album. That album was good.

Like I stated previously, it's my opinion. The beats on an album have to at least be tolerable.

Mr. R&B
08-24-2010, 12:35 PM
I would debate that final point, but yeah, Bis has dope albums. I'd also put For Whom the Beat Tolls in that list as well. A lot of people seem to sleep on that album, but it has a lot of bangers, and is a cohesive LP when you just sit back and listen to it.

Right, I forgot to mention FWTBT.

I think if 2000 B.C. had dropped first and Can-I-Bus after that, he wouldn't have caught hell for it the way he did.

People might've even praised it as an experimental album as opposed to a first round flop.

Sure a lot of the beats on Can-I-Bus were kinda goofy, but Bis' song concepts were strong.

Krusha
08-24-2010, 01:11 PM
Nas

THUGNIFICENT
08-24-2010, 02:00 PM
Right, I forgot to mention FWTBT.

I think if 2000 B.C. had dropped first and Can-I-Bus after that, he wouldn't have caught hell for it the way he did.

People might've even praised it as an experimental album as opposed to a first round flop.

Sure a lot of the beats on Can-I-Bus were kinda goofy, but Bis' song concepts were strong.

Definitely. Can-I-Bus has some really strong stuff in there, from straight up shadowboxin to talking about hip-hop violence to a hella famous diss song. It also has what I consider to be one of his best tracks ever, "Channel Zero." If the production had been at that level the entire album it might've been a classic. Especially if it followed 2000 BC, a much more consistent and traditional effort.

money4life
08-24-2010, 05:25 PM
to cut the story short who can spit like this, i love nas, in my top 3 but cmon Canibus is a fucking monster: dafacelift

The Hundred Bar Monster spit without hawkin' up
Smash your whole roster, fuck what it cost ya'
Fuck what it cost me, join the army smoke Bob Marley
The sergeant major honorably discharged me

Niggas try to battle me but lose, they got limited views
I remember when I was primitive too
I sit and talk with the inquisitive youth, ‘cause I be spittin' the truth
Sometimes I ask them, “What you listenin' to?”
Lyrical fitness is the proof, let me put you in the booth
Nottz'll play the beat-loop, let me see what you can do
The older advise the younger when they recognize the hunger
I do a couple reps with the mic to get pumped up
Monkey-bar sit-ups, blood rush to my head
I write rhymes upside-down with an astronaut pen
Spit a hot sixteen at Mach 10, take it up a notch then
Launch everything when I'm locked in
You in the kill-zone boxed in
Tried to play jump rope with skis on and got dropped when you hopped in
The Last Mohican, smoke you in the first season
You don't speak it but it's no secret
Peep it, you lightweight like rice-cakes
Anybody under twenty-one that touch the microphone is mic-bait
Hungry niggas start to get tight-faced, that's when the fight breaks
A sixty second round is a nice pace
Work a nigga out ‘til he spit up white paste
Tell him he can hide the bruise on his face with nightshade
If you looking for a battle you came to the right place
This is Mic Club and over here I'm the Mic Ace

Sense-A
08-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Nas

Tecknowledgist
08-24-2010, 06:22 PM
interesting fact: the only time the two ever got on a track, nas chose not to spit a verse haha

9Uu5yjRAN6Q

CharlesJones
08-25-2010, 11:02 AM
LOL@Divine Complex saying Canibus albums are awesome hahahahahahahahahahaha. Yeah right. His beats are terrible and that's why i think his albums suck.

Mr. R&B
08-25-2010, 02:21 PM
The albums I mentioned are, even I'll admit dude's had a few bricks.

Shit, C! True Hollywood Stories is one of the worst albums I've ever heard.

Mind Control & Hip-Hop For Sale are just pieced together scraps.

I never said the guy was perfect, but a good chunk of his catalouge is better than some people will admit to.

I do agree that NaS takes the win as far as versatility with subject matter and being able to engage more listeners than Bis has.

They're both phenomenal MCs, just on different ends of the spectrum.

misawa98
08-25-2010, 02:30 PM
interesting fact: the only time the two ever got on a track, nas chose not to spit a verse haha

9Uu5yjRAN6Q

Bis killed that track. Always found it bizarre that Nas didnt spit a verse. Back then Bis wasnt to be fucked with and I think Nas knew it was a lot easier to not pen a verse with Bis on the same track.